Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family (58906 Views)

3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family / My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born. / First Born Like Us, Na Responsibilities Dey Rush Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Richdad50(m): 4:13am On Dec 18, 2018
Understanding mysteries is far from you
TheWebbers:

This is a joke, right?

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Acidosis(m): 4:17am On Dec 18, 2018
Not true in this age where the age gap between siblings are becoming smaller and smaller.

It happens only when you're 10 or 20 years younger than your firstborn.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by mylove4God(f): 5:05am On Dec 18, 2018
Not all the time.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by UrVillagePpl: 5:45am On Dec 18, 2018
Triangles1:
So first born don turn to animal in analysis, show some respect nah
just painting a scenario
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Nature8(m): 5:45am On Dec 18, 2018
HenryDion:
True or false cheesy cheesy cheesy
What's your opinion? grin
Very true..
Except if you're born with a golden spoon
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by aprilwise(m): 6:09am On Dec 18, 2018
I'm the first born in my family and am not under any pressure from my parents cos they are well to do. I'm only fighting to save my destiny cos my village people em too dey put eye on me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Reference(m): 6:19am On Dec 18, 2018
G
menzino:
It doesn't work like that anymore. Am the last of 7 children, but .........

You folks are too many in that family. Imagine if the 90 million or so women of Nigeria multiply 7 fold in the next generation our population could easily top 1 billion in 50 years. Can we multiply the number of maternity homes 7 fold in that time. Can we multiply 7 fold the number of schools to take care of their offspring. Can we increase power generation to 35,000 megawatts from 5,000 in that time. What about roads, budgets, taxes, etc... because if we can't the only thing sure to rise will be poverty.

Yoi owe it a duty to keep within the 2.5 children limit for sustainability.

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Slimfeez(m): 6:23am On Dec 18, 2018
HenryDion:
True or false cheesy cheesy cheesy

What's your opinion? grin
........... My born but my case is different
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by placeofallure(f): 6:25am On Dec 18, 2018
Tick A if it's always true
Tick B if it's often true but not always true
Tick C if it's never true
Tick D if it's impossible to say how true it is.

Tick E if you are nightmarishly confused about the whole brouhaha grin grin
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Jellyberry(m): 6:26am On Dec 18, 2018
So true
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 18, 2018
aprilwise:
I'm the first born in my family and am not under any pressure from my parents cos they are well to do. I'm only fighting to save my destiny cos my village people em too dey put eye on me.
Lol.. Village people? Come lemme pray for you

First born and not under any pressure tongue
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by maisauki: 6:28am On Dec 18, 2018
ON POINT!
D fact dat we av bcom so materialistic make us tink 1's duty is limmited to moni alone...d duty of a 1st born is basicaly keepin d family 2geda(which is nt a smal tgin

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Billionaire09: 6:30am On Dec 18, 2018
See what Nigeria the evil has done to you all.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Samrid: 6:37am On Dec 18, 2018
More often than not, if not by law of nature, in almost all family, the first born is the carrier of the family burden: status of the family irrespective. But sometimes rather, the may be balance or anticlockwise round up turn out of things than expected.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by ogawisdom(m): 6:48am On Dec 18, 2018
Some first born are even liabilities and never do well
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by sparkle6(m): 7:06am On Dec 18, 2018
Richdad50:
There is a spiritual weight every firstborn carries. The weight of sin and affliction from their lineage. That is why you see most firstborn go through alot of struggles almost all through life.
God and Satan have special interest in your firstseed. They are the symbol of covenant of a man's generation now and to come. Every firstborn must pray steadfastly until the yoke is broken.
Dear Parents, bless your first seed always and continously. Lay hands on their head and pronouce the promise and blessings of the firstseed on them. If they get it right, every other sibling will fall in line.

#Richdad
Men must you attribute everything to ancestral spirits and demonic afflictions. Man gats work hard to make it. And this holds for all man. I get your point tho.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by technicallyrich(m): 7:09am On Dec 18, 2018
olmoRoc:
No, it isn't. My dad's first son seized everything after my dad's demise and claimed he was the sole heir. We're talking of lands, houses, car and even a generating set.
dont tell me that you allowed him.
My brother property no be wetin them they take jokeoo.
I know of a friend that inherited landed property worth more than 100 million.
So make him give you your own share sharpally.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by don89(m): 7:15am On Dec 18, 2018
In my own case ,our firstborn is selfish ,wicked ,arrogant and never help anybody ,infact he left his responsibility for me ,the second son, I regret having him as our first born ,tufiakwa.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by 2buffagain(m): 7:31am On Dec 18, 2018
AFrican parents and to dey born children yakata as if they are exporting them to be someone else's problem i.e first born.

It's not fair some of the burdens these parents try to put on first borns....but then again part of life is learning how to say "No".

My mother always used to try to guilt me into paying for my siblings school fees in America.
I had to correct her very quickly that I have my own children's school fees to plan for.

I stay away from females who say they want anything more than 2 children (3 max by mistake) tells me she is selfish, doesn't think about the consequences of her actions, and is aimlessly just trying to be a house wife aka financial burden to myself and possibly future adult children.

A thinking woman would actually consider the cost of the gbese of all those children and not be seeing them as either her husband's or her first born's problem.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by aprilwise(m): 7:37am On Dec 18, 2018
LightQueen:
Lol.. Village people? Come lemme pray for you

First born and not under any pressure tongue
You won't understand
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 18, 2018
aprilwise:
You won't understand
Hmmmm cry
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Eldee54321(m): 7:41am On Dec 18, 2018
Richdad50:
There is a spiritual weight every firstborn carries. The weight of sin and affliction from their lineage. That is why you see most firstborn go through alot of struggles almost all through life.
God and Satan have special interest in your firstseed. They are the symbol of covenant of a man's generation now and to come. Every firstborn must pray steadfastly until the yoke is broken.
Dear Parents, bless your first seed always and continously. Lay hands on their head and pronouce the promise and blessings of the firstseed on them. If they get it right, every other sibling will fall in line.

#Richdad
. GBAM...U get am wela
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Ugosample(m): 7:57am On Dec 18, 2018
Richdad50:

#Richdad

interesting
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Unie30: 8:09am On Dec 18, 2018
True.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by lawman88(m): 8:11am On Dec 18, 2018
AlhajaChinyere:

Many African parents should be stoned.

Hmmm. I'm also a first born and my mother make it looked like it is my responsibility to train my siblings. Two of my siblings even insulted me because I don't have money to send to them. I'm doing my master degree without any help from any body. My mother never give me a dime since I have been going to school.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 18, 2018
lawman88:

Hmmm. I'm also a first born and my mother make it looked like it is my responsibility to train my siblings. Two of my siblings even insulted me because I don't have money to send to them. I'm doing my master degree without any help from any body. My mother never give me a dime since I have been going to school.

It is not easy bro.. I thought mine is worse. I'm below 23, but I'm catering for myself in school despite having a father. Sometimes, they do expect money from me, for food and for the upkeep of my little siblings. The weight is just too much.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by id4sho(m): 8:35am On Dec 18, 2018
olmoRoc:
No, it isn't. My dad's first son seized everything after my dad's demise and claimed he was the sole heir. We're talking of lands, houses, car and even a generating set.
take him to court
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by rhames(m): 8:36am On Dec 18, 2018
Raalsalghul:
All this should be blamed on irresponsible parents. Besides, I have like 2 last borns as friends acting as first borns.

Ask about how they got where they are. The firstborn would have contributed something to make them successful.

Not really. Mine were indigent and financially challenged and could not sponsor my JAMB admission back in 94.
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by pedrilo: 8:39am On Dec 18, 2018
Depends on the parents hustling spirit.
My firstborn tho not yet born, is already a millionaire n a house owner.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Flickzvill(m): 8:41am On Dec 18, 2018
moonraker:
This also applies to the only child and well only Son. An African thing, to the best of my knowledge.
I am an only child with a well to do parent but damn my life has been wavy jumping from one sch (university) to anoda and I am a brilliant lad, the pressure on me by my family members is alarming. Sometimes I sit and look at my life buh it's seems Asif I am stuck no much friends just me and myself nd well my gf but still it feels lonely inside my parents don't allow me go out at least to make new friends or chill out they get scared something might happen to me considering the fact they have only me.its not easy being an only child or the first born But God is with me I know
Re: The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 18, 2018
Flickzvill:
I am an only child with a well to do parent but damn my life has been wavy jumping from one sch (university) to anoda and I am a brilliant lad, the pressure on me by my family members is alarming. Sometimes I sit and look at my life buh it's seems Asif I am stuck no much friends just me and myself nd well my gf but still it feels lonely inside my parents don't allow me go out at least to make new friends or chill out they get scared something might happen to me considering the fact they have only me.its not easy being an only child or the first born But God is with me I know

Eyyaa.. Dont blame them though. You will certainly do the same in their shoe. Just love them and stay safe.. You're their all and all.. Just know that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Am I Doing Wrong By Supporting My Boyfriend Financially? / My Aborted Marriage With Sandra Obi: Man Whose Fiancee Called Off Wedding Reacts / Help, My Husband Is Causing Me Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.