Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria (42632 Views)

Black Sunday: Igangan Massacre By Fulani Bandits (video) / Asari Dokubo Surrounded By Soldiers In Rivers State (Video) / How Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria Was Created - NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by abels(m): 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2018
na wah
Time2Smile:
Why is the President and the Presidency not being held accountable for these crimes against humanity. Watch the video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6-6wV0agvs
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by CptCharlesVane: 4:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
The point isn't about homosexuality or your favorite folklore religion. The point is that just because you believe in and hold sacred something I consider ridiculous and deleterious to the mind does not give you the right to impose your own biases on others and the video up there, is just a depiction of that. IMN think they are the children of Mohammed, the Sunnis are infuriated that these 'heathens' desecrate their sacred prophet, plus they have guns.

You talk about Christianity but grossly ignorant of its history yet you think you lot are the chosen ones for what is right. Let me give you a tip, maybe it would ignite something in you. Jesus Christ is God, and God is omniscient, how come it was after 1600 years after God came down to earth that he decided to come to your ancestors through slave masters? Didn't He even know that africans were the first humans on earth?

You can choose to continue holding your superstitions all you want but if you have any conscience at all and can reflect on the divisions abrahamic religions have brought to the negroes especially when these religions historically didn't give a shit about black people, you would see how stupid these things are. How can an hausa man kill another hausa man because his version of Mohammad, the slave master pedo, is different or you look at your brother and say he deserves no rights because of your book of talking snake and donkey says it's demonic.

Enjoy yourself, blame Buhari all you want but he, like you, like the soldiers, and other religious fundamentalists think your god is in charge and are too ignorant about the religions you profess.

I was a Christian btw, if it would make you feel better, before I started learning about what I was indoctrinated with as a child by my society. You too can be freed, only through knowledge.
donnie:

You complicate your problem when you combine fighting for fundamental rights with atheistic views.

Ok what do you want? Approval to conduct gay weddings in Nigeria? undecided

The Christian view is that homosexuality is an oppression of the mind. It is abnormal, demonic and those enslaved by it need compassion (not hatred) from Christians, and of course, deliverance in the name of Jesus and through His Word.

It is possible to live a disciplined, Spirit-filled life (regardless of what feelings or impure sexual attractions you might have had) if you so desire.

Question is, Do you?

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Casemiro(m): 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2018
this is barbaric !

> it is well

choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Basher8583: 4:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
bishopkay:

Foolish low life scum! A Very useless pig that's what you are! I usually just look the other way when foolish zombies talk but this is the height!

Your luck na say u no dey here with me as u dey yarn this rubbish... U would have had 9 stitches by now! Bastard! Your turn would come... You may have forgotten this encounter but when your time comes, you'd remember I said so but then it'd be too late!

Rubbish talk comming from a violent dog who aparently is emotional about violence. See why I called you a Bleep.ing hypocrite. You talk hard behind anonymity but its obvious you are weak. Dont try me boy. You no violent pass me SO WATCH YOUR MOUTH!!!!
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by 7lives: 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
Hanibal:
thank you jare
The same new york times will be the first ones to report that the Nigerian capital has been "overrun" by Shiite Muslims if allowed. You see soldiers with Aks and you have effrontery to throw stones at them, the soldiers decided to kill you, you're complaining. Let all of them have a nice time in hell

Chai, you beat me to this, guy those shites got no chills, i had an encounter with them way back in Zaria.
They do not obey Nigerian laws, that El Zaki Zaki is their president, they only listen to him.
People of Kanuna state will be so happy to see El Zaki Zaki off, did you see anyone carrying placards on his behalf except his followers?.
Useless illiterates hiding under religious fundamentalism to unleash terror on their fellow country men.
Jamatul Nasir this, Tijaniya that, those who killed Yorubas in Kano in 1999, at bachirawa, kurna, hausawa quarters and angua Yorubawa, were Islamic terror groups.
Was Obj able to do anything about it?, na today, no be today o, e don tey jor.
They even wore uniforms which had an Arabic inscriptions, brandishing swords and guns, these are supposed to be Islamic police, maintained by anarchists like Zaki Zaki and some useless politicians in the north.
If they were the ones killing others it wouldn't have meant much, after all na normal thing for them to kill others.
As for those shedding crocodile tears over the matter, crying more than the bereaved, hard way is the only way.
Much as I don't like the way they were treated they deserved what happened to them, they had it long coming, they are a lawless group.
In a state of lawlessness, it's illegal to be law abiding.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by John20017(m): 4:51pm On Dec 18, 2018
Handsomecole:
Bunch of Sentimental Judge Panelists will get carried away by this video. Those who dont live in Abuja will start to blame the Military and Buhari.
Although i condemn the killings but these set of protesters are extremely deviant and provokating .
The voice over said that traffic was freely flowing which waa a big fat lie . Whenever thee guys protest actitivies in Abuja remain grounded , people going or coming to work get yhere late .
Everywhere in the world there is a limit to where protest can be held but these guys think they can enter even the Presidential Villa.
Most of them are usually armed with certain weapons .
Although they are never violent in their apporach but they seize and ground activities or others which is wrong .

The Military should have used other means not guns both sides are to be blamed .

You're a bastard liar..... I witnessed it and I can tell you that on that day there was free flow of traffic...
Why must you always lie
No violent apporach of any kind on till the military started killing them.
So other people can protest while some can't ABI??
Anyway karma is a bitches so this comment will also be said to you and your generation when it happens to you and your generation

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by John20017(m): 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2018
Basher8583:
So what is the purpose of this video..
The commentator has been contracted to start another emotion riddled video to tarnish Buharis govt.
Pdp sha..... they always like trying the use of psychology on the populace but fail to understand that it doesnt work. The only pipul it works for are the 5%ers and we dont need thier votes. They have even said they will not vote by the way.
Nothing was peacefull about these shite guys that dont want to conform to the constitution of Nigeria. You do anyhow you see anyhow. Its that simple.

May you and your generation die a miserable death like what happened to them.... You're talking as if you witness it??

3 Likes

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by ideynl1: 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2018
kjhova:

Don't pretend to he smart by half. We should all condemn the excesses of the Nigerian Army. My response was to those who were quick to pin it on the PMB presidency.

You're the one trying to play smart. I only worked on your analogy.

Why would you include Atiku as a culprit during his tenure as VP but you don't want to include Osinbajo?

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by 7lives: 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2018
adecz:

Some dumb people on this thread
do not know how these group operate.

The Shi'a do not recognize, respect or acknowledge the
authority of anybody in Nigeria. They have
their allegiance only to zakzaky & Iran.

This is why they insist on disobeying any
form of constituted authority in Nigeria.

They may appear harmless, but if you let
your guard down, they will surprise you. This
was what some policemen learnt in Kaduna
in June this year on a date of trial of Zakzaky.
As usual, they marched in tbeir normal fashion
but suddenly descended on some unsuspecting
policemen with stones, clubs & daggers.

Before the police could react, they had slaughtered
about 2 policemen & stoned a few others to
death & smashed their heads & destroyed their
vehicles right on the busy
streets of central Kaduna town.

They almost surprised the army at the Zuba incidence
a few months back.

We must ask, why are they always clashing
with the law, right from the time of Abacha, who
also detained this same Zakzaky?

A lot of ignorant people just make
senseless sentimental comments without
knowing the subject.

If soldiers or police say, don't pass here,
you with your strong head will insist on disobeying.

Guy you know those shites very well, na their stock in trade to enforce Iranian laws in Nigeria.
God bless the Nigerian army for demistifying El Zaki Zaki.
Before na to create fear in people's minds, now na to dey confront the NA.
They should thank their luck they were dealing with a Buhari and not Putin.
Awon werey.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by John20017(m): 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
kjhova:
I have seen this video once and words cannot express the gravity of the evil contained in it. I have so much against Shite activities in Nigeria however, these guys are citizens of this republic. The same citizens the people in power swore to protect by every means "so help them God"!

The Nigerian Army has been perennially accused of high handedness and bloodthirstiness. Sometimes I feel sorry for them. This is because it is the fault of Tue Nigerian system to misuse its fighting resources.

Why will the army mount road blocks in peacetime?

Why deploy the army in anti riot situation when they are loaded with and trained in combat and not crowd control?

Not just the regular army, why would you deploy special forces like the presidential guards in such situation when the president was nowhere under threat to life or security?

June 12, Maitatsine, Zaki Biam, Udi etc lives on as testimony against the bloodstains on the NA. Now this is in addition in Buhari's time which is supposed to be a time of change. The army cannot sweep this under the carpet and this matter must be challenged to the last resort.

That said, I do notice that the IPOB, PDP, Atiku etc crowd are on hyperdrive here pretending that this same things didn't happen during the OBJ, Yar'Adua and GEJ era. Come what may, I still trust PMB more than that cancer called Atiku and shall cast my votes accordingly in good conscience while demanding action against the Nigerian army. It is not an oddity for me to protest against and still vote same government. This is how democracy works contrary to the noise of those who are paid 20k to post online while accusing others of collecting 30k just because our opinions defer.

You just shot yourself in the foot
Please where is the change
Cos past leaders did it don't mean you must do it
Why preach CHANGE when you're repeating the same mistake the past leaders made...
PLEASE WHERE, WERE, WEAR IS THE CHANGE??

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Handsomecole(m): 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
Must you lay curse on your generations before you pass make your point ?? Your life already bastardized yet you heap more curses on yourself and family why can't you pity yourself??
John20017:

You're a bastard liar..... I witnessed it and I can tell you that on that day there was free flow of traffic...
Why must you always lie
No violent apporach of any kind on till the military started killing them.
So other people can protest while some can't ABI??
Anyway karma is a bitches so this comment will also be said to you and your generation when it happens to you and your generation
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by John20017(m): 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2018
anonymous1759:

This is not about Buhari Apc or PDP. Is about re-orientation of Nigerians... Obi Ekesili the Bring back our girls protest Head never sustain any gunshot injuries.. Why because it's a definition of a peaceful protest... Some Nigerians who experienced the incidence said the protest was not peaceful. Stones, sticks, or any sort of weapon can kill someone. If those Shiites are treated with kid gloves they'll be problem in the society. No matter what your protest should be peaceful without weapon. Some Part of the video showed the Shiites were violent... Please i appeal to sensible Nigerians no matter the religion always use your head. The Elites don't send thier children to protest.on the other hand Nigerian Army are useless very very useless Rubber bullets should be used to didperse protesters with teargas not live bullets... If you live close to the barracks you'll know the soldiers are not trained. Instead of them to protect you they intimidate you...
Sometimes your crime against this soldiers is because you look better than them..

Nigerians should help themselves kick against tribalism, Nepotism, ethnicity religion etc. Anybody who criticizes Buhari and hail Jonathan, Atiku, Tinubu, OBJ, ibori, Deziani etc are all bunch of hypocrites....

It's only in Nigeria a right thinking person will tell you to leave a thief, Murder, jihadist etc alone because they either share the same religion, ethnicity together. We'll Need Orientation from the president to the infact.

Must you shoot them with 50mm caliber weapons??
Why are the NA CRYING OF NO OR OLD WEAPONS and they get weapons to shoot this protesters??
Where is the police??
Where is the rubber bullet??
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by RZArecta2(m): 5:16pm On Dec 18, 2018
GavelSlam:

Why then did Jonathan kill Zakzaky's children?
dick size competition as usual, Nigerians voted for change and not a continuation of impunity, certainly not bloodthirsty massacres
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by John20017(m): 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
Handsomecole:
Must you lay curse on your generations before you pass make your point ?? Your life already bastardized yet you heap more curses on yourself and family why can't you pity yourself??

Your end is so so near and your death is no different from how they were killed too. MARK MY WORDS.
I JUST PITY YOUR FAMILY AND GENERATION THAT WILL FOLLOW SUIT
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Handsomecole(m): 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2018
So you really want to die anyways RIP in advance.
John20017:

Your end is so so near and your death is no different from how they were killed too. MARK MY WORDS.
I JUST PITY YOUR FAMILY AND GENERATION THAT WILL FOLLOW SUIT
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 5:41pm On Dec 18, 2018
I have always seen the massacre of the Shiites as an act of genocide and nothing.

What makes it worse is the indifference of the political class and most of the citizenry.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by ogatboy(m): 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
Buhari or Jubril will be tried for world crime against humanity
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by ocelot2006(m): 6:12pm On Dec 18, 2018
GavelSlam:

Why then did Jonathan kill Zakzaky's children?

The 2015 attacks happened under PMB's watch when Buratai's convoy was blocked. GEJ had nothing to do with it.
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by ocelot2006(m): 6:15pm On Dec 18, 2018
figoperch:

We will never see this on Channels TV, AIT, NTA, TVC and their likes.

So bad.

The NBC under Buahri have muzzled the press big time. No one dares broadcast this else heavy fines will be imposed on them in the name of tackling "hate speech".
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by GavelSlam: 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2018
ocelot2006:

The 2015 attacks happened under PMB's watch when Buratai's convoy was blocked. GEJ had nothing to do with it.

Go back to your history books.
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by kjhova(m): 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2018
ideynl1:

You're the one trying to play smart. I only worked on your analogy.

Why would you include Atiku as a culprit during his tenure as VP but you don't want to include Osinbajo?

Quit the endless trail. Anyone who has read my actual comments know what I was on about. If you don't or pretend not to, then I can't help you.
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by kjhova(m): 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2018
John20017:

You just shot yourself in the foot
Please where is the change
Cos past leaders did it don't mean you must do it
Why preach CHANGE when you're repeating the same mistake the past leaders made...
PLEASE WHERE, WERE, WEAR IS THE CHANGE??

I am not so sure that you who likely didn't vote for PMB is in such a position to tell me what change I voted for.

Quite sure that no one on this forum is giving the army or the administration thumbs up for this sordid situation. However, to turn this into a political spin job against PMB is just lame and won't fly.
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:02pm On Dec 18, 2018
The presidency BLIND BAT.., Nigeria Army.( After harmless Youths and Groups without arms Learn from the French military or police the Presidency you just lied on Al.. through Garuba shehu...saying all sort about amnesty international... who is fooling who!!!.... lies upon lies..
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by ocelot2006(m): 8:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
GavelSlam:

Go back to your history books.

So what's the "right" history, o "wise" one?
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by badman007(m): 10:03pm On Dec 18, 2018
donnie:

You don't know what the God-consciousness is saving our country from.

I live in England where there's no single God consciousness, I can't explain how far behind Nigeria is.

The God consciousness we have is the problem. The fact that the said "Gods" who are foreign to the black African man, predisposes us to inferiority complex.

They have made us hate ourselves and love their wealth. Even the so called clerics don't understand how we are stronger together in peace.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Basher8583: 10:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
John20017:

May you and your generation die a miserable death like what happened to them.... You're talking as if you witness it??
That prayer cannot work on me and my generation because we are smart and know not to provoke any man with a gun talk less of a soldier.
So it was you that witnessed it abi. I dont have pity for morons that confront armed military men. They are trained to kill so its really daft to provoke them.
If you pity them so much follow them on the next protest to face soldiers then I will believe your feelings for then . But until then keep shut hypocrite. You are one of the same people who will get a tyre and petrol to burn people on N200 theft and you will come out here feeling rightous.
You do anyhow you see anyhow
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by stieyven(m): 10:21pm On Dec 18, 2018
FarahAideed:
If you watch this video and still go ahead to support Buhari It will never be well with 6 generations of your descendants again ..... Who uses 50 calibre machine guns on peaceful protesters ...I swear Africa has never had days like this and Buhari has to be handed over to ICC soon for justice to be served , Nigerias next president must be ready to handover Buhari to the ICC immediately !!!!!!! This is sad
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. You 6 :28
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by donnie(m): 11:03pm On Dec 18, 2018
badman007:

I live in England where there's no single God consciousness, I can't explain how far behind Nigeria is.

The God consciousness we have is the problem. The fact that the said "Gods" who are foreign to the black African man, predisposes us to inferiority complex.

They have made us hate ourselves and love their wealth. Even the so called clerics don't understand how we are stronger together in peace.

England? Can't you see that the amount of God consciousness they lose is directly proportional to the amount of Economic and political influence they lose on the world stage?
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by nameo: 11:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
RZArecta2:
dick size competition as usual, Nigerians voted for change and not a continuation of impunity, certainly not bloodthirsty massacres

They have no shame
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by ceestar: 11:57pm On Dec 18, 2018
If you watch this video.and vote 4 APC again...its just undefendable
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by badman007(m): 12:40am On Dec 19, 2018
donnie:

England? Can't you see that the amount of God consciousness they lose is directly proportional to the amount of Economic and political influence they lose on the world stage?

Top 10 biggest economy in the world.. No drop of oil or natural resources yet their citizens don't have to work to live better than you.

Religion is poison.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerians Ask For President Jonathan's Thesis On Twitter / Akinwunmi Ambode Causes A Stir At The Malls / Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.