Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria (42623 Views)

Black Sunday: Igangan Massacre By Fulani Bandits (video) / Asari Dokubo Surrounded By Soldiers In Rivers State (Video) / How Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria Was Created - NY Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Atigba: 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2018
kotv:

Trump is a business man and a racist. He does not care if they clear out Nigeria. As far as we're black, that racist fool will sell anything to anymore without caring about how it'll be used. A USA citizen was murdered by the Saudi government. Just because he's Muslim and his family originated from Saudi Arabia, that racist fool marked his murder was irrelevant and continued his business with the Saudi Arabia. Don't expect anything from that racist

Shut up

That stupid journalist writing rubbish about Trump all the time in Washington Post is not a US citizen

Of cause he reside in US

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by vineyardfarms: 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2018
FarahAideed:
If you watch this video and still go ahead to support Buhari It will never be well with 6 generations of your descendants again ..... Who uses 50 calibre machine guns on peaceful protesters ...I swear Africa has never had days like this and Buhari has to be handed over to ICC soon for justice to be served , Nigerias next president must be ready to handover Buhari to the ICC immediately !!!!!!! This is sad
PLS SOMEONE TO SEND THIS VIDEO TO LAWYER FALANA SO HE CAN CONTACT ICC.

4 Likes

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by kjhova(m): 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
I have seen this video once and words cannot express the gravity of the evil contained in it. I have so much against Shite activities in Nigeria however, these guys are citizens of this republic. The same citizens the people in power swore to protect by every means "so help them God"!

The Nigerian Army has been perennially accused of high handedness and bloodthirstiness. Sometimes I feel sorry for them. This is because it is the fault of Tue Nigerian system to misuse its fighting resources.

Why will the army mount road blocks in peacetime?

Why deploy the army in anti riot situation when they are loaded with and trained in combat and not crowd control?

Not just the regular army, why would you deploy special forces like the presidential guards in such situation when the president was nowhere under threat to life or security?

June 12, Maitatsine, Zaki Biam, Udi etc lives on as testimony against the bloodstains on the NA. Now this is in addition in Buhari's time which is supposed to be a time of change. The army cannot sweep this under the carpet and this matter must be challenged to the last resort.

That said, I do notice that the IPOB, PDP, Atiku etc crowd are on hyperdrive here pretending that this same things didn't happen during the OBJ, Yar'Adua and GEJ era. Come what may, I still trust PMB more than that cancer called Atiku and shall cast my votes accordingly in good conscience while demanding action against the Nigerian army. It is not an oddity for me to protest against and still vote same government. This is how democracy works contrary to the noise of those who are paid 20k to post online while accusing others of collecting 30k just because our opinions defer.

5 Likes

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by MoonlightDrive: 1:20pm On Dec 18, 2018
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by akigbemaru: 1:22pm On Dec 18, 2018
Time2Smile:
Why is the President and the Presidency not being held accountable for these crimes against humanity. Watch the video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6-6wV0agvs
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Charleslewizy(m): 1:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
I just can't hold back my tears even as i type.....it shall never be well with the perpetrators of such heinous and pusillanimous act, most especially to those who sees nothing wrong and are very comfortable with this government. They all will be paid in their own coin.

4 Likes

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 1:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
KVN1:
Hello Nigerians.. enough is enough. Your PVC or your Visa.

as for BMCs mortgaging thier future for 30k ....kwontinue

It was because PDP never gave us half of that. How about that?
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by babzlim(m): 1:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
We come de pity them say boko boys de kill them.... This country is Hell itself.

2 Likes

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by dokie: 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
adecz:
Why should they defy the law?

If they are not given the permission to
march into Abuja, why must they confront
armed soldiers to disobey the law?

All the travails & problems the Zakzaky people
face is just out of disobedience to the laws
of the land & constituted authority.

Remember, soldiers are not trained to shoot
to wound or disarm, they are trained to kill.

If you confront armed soldier, no complain say dem
kill you...

Finally, no leader will take such insolence,
even Jubril.

undecided

You are mad. Anuofia.

6 Likes

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2018
PointZerom:

Shut up.

If you claim that GEJ was clueless and still uses his style of leadership as a yardstick for Buhari's government, the joke is on you.

Simple and harmless question, you resorted to insults. Answer the question or swerve.
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by akigbemaru: 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2018
CptCharlesVane:
Many times I wonder how the colonialists were inveigled into abdicating sophisticated and rigorously thought concepts of government, law and democracy to barbarians in Africa.

This is beyond Buhari, it is the culmination of individual biases and intolerance africans hold against one another. Give them religion that isn't even about them that they never contributed an iota to and watch them kill one another over it. Give them governments and watch the cycle over and over.

You may be quick to blame the president and the soldiers but look in the mirror how many believe homosexuals deserve to be killed because 'our religious book and God says so'

Eternal curses to the scourge of islam and the abrahamic religions in Africa. It's just unfortunate that even the educated ones are too stupid to realize that Islam and Christianity are fairy tales from superstitious goat herders.

Shithole!! angry
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by dokie: 1:26pm On Dec 18, 2018
kjhova:
I have seen this video once and words cannot express the gravity of the evil contained in it. I have so much against Shite activities in Nigeria however, these guys are citizens of this republic. The same citizens the people in power swore to protect by every means "so help them God"!

The Nigerian Army has been perennially accused of high handedness and bloodthirstiness. Sometimes I feel sorry for them. This is because it is the fault of Tue Nigerian system to misuse its fighting resources.

Why will the army mount road blocks in peacetime?

Why deploy the army in anti riot situation when they are loaded with and trained in combat and not crowd control?

Not just the regular army, why would you deploy special forces like the presidential guards in such situation when the president was nowhere under threat to life or security?

June 12, Maitatsine, Zaki Biam, Udi etc lives on as testimony against the bloodstains on the NA. Now this is in addition in Buhari's time which is supposed to be a time of change. The army cannot sweep this under the carpet and this matter must be challenged to the last resort.

That said, I do notice that the IPOB, PDP, Atiku etc crowd are on hyperdrive here pretending that this same things didn't happen during the OBJ, Yar'Adua and GEJ era. Come what may, I still trust PMB more than that cancer called Atiku and shall cast my votes accordingly in good conscience while demanding action against the Nigerian army. It is not an oddity for me to protest against and still vote same government. This is how democracy works contrary to the noise of those who are paid 20k to post online while accusing others of collecting 30k just because our opinions defer.

You are a lost being.

6 Likes

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by akigbemaru: 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2018
Nigerianization:
The Nigerian government generally are usually in the habit of defending the impunity of their agents and officials.
Remember that similar accusations trailed the Obasanjo presidency in Odi and Zaki biam
Yar'adua and the mysterious killing of Mohammed yusuf
Jonathan and the accusations that he was trying to reduce the northern population etc.

Truth is
The Nigerian army needs serious reforms and reorientation on the sanctity of human lives but an institution that hardly values the lives of its own men will never value that of a 'bloody civilian'.

The Nigerian government since 1999 have been pampering the military to prevent them from plotting another coup.

The Jonathan government that tried to ensure a bit of sanity in the army could not because the trial of those soldiers that committed mutiny was politicised. I remember MURIC leading the campaign against the trial of the soldiers and buhari pardoning them on assumption of office to score cheap political points.

The hypocritical MURIC has not issued a single statement condemning the extra judicial killing of its brethren.
I think they should just change their name to SUNNI RIGHTS CONCERN (SURIC).

The tiger we are rearing as pet in this country may soon consume us all if care is not taken.

We voted for change but got a change of tactics from coded oppression by the military to a bold and daring massacre of unarmed civilians from IMN to IPOB. Now the only voice that speaks loud enough for the oppressed - Amnesty International has been given notice to quit the country by the same military, and the presidency seconded the motion.

Anybody that turns a blind eye to this reign of impunity by the military will have his or her loved ones directly affected so that they will feel what others are feeling.

Patriotism is not a love for the president or the ruling party but for the country and its citizens both rich and poor. A patriotic citizen will WAIL when things are going wrong because even with the best of intentions, a government can still make mistakes.

Buhari has a golden opportunity, as a retired general in the army, to address some of these issues but as Aisha has WAILED RECENTLY, the husband has relinquished control of the country to two people.

With tears in my eyes, I appeal to everyone of good conscience to please look beyond parties and candidates but to consider the best interest of the Nigerian people in the campaign and agitations.

Nigeria is bigger than buhari and Atiku
Let us support our candidates with conscience and godliness.
God help Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
FarahAideed:

Under Jonathan 2 of Zakzakkys sons died and under Buhari 7 sons were killed with just one left ... please watch this video and tell me if it okay for the Presidential guard to use 50 calibre machine guns to mow down peaceful people on the streets..

Oyinbos would read your comment and they would feel sorry for you. I've never seen anything more pathetic than this stupid comment of yours.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by kjhova(m): 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
dokie:

You are a lost being.
Hope you are found soon.
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by FarahAideed: 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
maasoap:

Oyinbos would read your comment and they would feel sorry for you. I've never seen anything more pathetic than this stupid comment of yours.

Tell us why you mentor Buhari shouldn't be handed over to the Hague or just condemn the act

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Mimee803: 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2018
What scares me or should I say concerns me most about d video is d detailed reporting of events...which way Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by kjhova(m): 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2018
Charleslewizy:
I just can't hold back my tears even as i type.....it shall never be well with the perpetrators of such heinous and pusillanimous act, most especially to those who sees nothing wrong and are very comfortable with this government. They all will be paid in their own coin.

General Obasanjo and Mr. Atiku Abubakar were the president and vice president when the Nigerian Army carried out worse crimes than this in Zaki Biam and Odi. Shall any of you Atikulooters be paid in the same coin too or you are that blind to facts?
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by THMT: 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2018
PointZerom:

Shut up.

If you claim that GEJ was clueless and still uses his style of leadership as a yardstick for Buhari's government, the joke is on you.

This is it. Been saying the same thing for ages, God bless you with more wisdom.

4 Likes

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2018
nnachukz:
One thing I know for sure is that evil begets evil. Those who support the evil happening today due to what they are getting from the government will soon be at the receiving end of this calamity.

Quit talking trash and stop being emotional. All these happened under Jonathan, that didn't stop you and others from supporting him. I remember the satellite images of the destructions of either Bama or Baga released by the TI as it was caused by the NA. Did that reformat your brain back then? Why are you now expecting the same thing from Buhari's supporters? Hypocrites everywhere
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Ayobami7(m): 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2018
我大河内
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Baselm: 1:42pm On Dec 18, 2018
Why are all these organizations biased in their report? Everybody watched the video of when the guys started stoning the military men when they asked them not to proceed. what about the ones arrested with petrol bombs by the police. That particular stoning video trended most during the time, I'm surprised its not in this video report.
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2018
FarahAideed:

Tell us why you mentor Buhari shouldn't be handed over to the Hague or just condemn the act

The same reason why Jonathan and Obj couldn't be handed over to the Hague. You think this kind of documentary and YouTube videos are new? You're a joke my friend!
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2018
Nigerianization:
The Nigerian government generally are usually in the habit of defending the impunity of their agents and officials.
Remember that similar accusations trailed the Obasanjo presidency in Odi and Zaki biam
Yar'adua and the mysterious killing of Mohammed yusuf
Jonathan and the accusations that he was trying to reduce the northern population etc.

Truth is
The Nigerian army needs serious reforms and reorientation on the sanctity of human lives but an institution that hardly values the lives of its own men will never value that of a 'bloody civilian'.

The Nigerian government since 1999 have been pampering the military to prevent them from plotting another coup.

The Jonathan government that tried to ensure a bit of sanity in the army could not because the trial of those soldiers that committed mutiny was politicised. I remember MURIC leading the campaign against the trial of the soldiers and buhari pardoning them on assumption of office to score cheap political points.

The hypocritical MURIC has not issued a single statement condemning the extra judicial killing of its brethren.
I think they should just change their name to SUNNI RIGHTS CONCERN (SURIC).

The tiger we are rearing as pet in this country may soon consume us all if care is not taken.

We voted for change but got a change of tactics from coded oppression by the military to a bold and daring massacre of unarmed civilians from IMN to IPOB. Now the only voice that speaks loud enough for the oppressed - Amnesty International has been given notice to quit the country by the same military, and the presidency seconded the motion.

Anybody that turns a blind eye to this reign of impunity by the military will have his or her loved ones directly affected so that they will feel what others are feeling.

Patriotism is not a love for the president or the ruling party but for the country and its citizens both rich and poor. A patriotic citizen will WAIL when things are going wrong because even with the best of intentions, a government can still make mistakes.

Buhari has a golden opportunity, as a retired general in the army, to address some of these issues but as Aisha has WAILED RECENTLY, the husband has relinquished control of the country to two people.

With tears in my eyes, I appeal to everyone of good conscience to please look beyond parties and candidates but to consider the best interest of the Nigerian people in the campaign and agitations.

Nigeria is bigger than buhari and Atiku
Let us support our candidates with conscience and godliness.
God help Nigeria.
you have spoken well, but God will not come down and help Nigeria. The average Nigerian is bias,sentimental (religion and tribal), self centered and greedy. How can God help such a people? No matter who is president until the average Nigerian renews his mind,any good thing left will continue to be sabotaged by us and us only.They have driven a wedge between us so they can divide and conquer and we as a people are too blind and ignorant to see beyond our noses . Its such a pity.

1 Like

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by TruthinAction: 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2018
Look at them displaying their military might on defenseless civilians but they chicken out when Boko Haram appears.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by THMT: 1:52pm On Dec 18, 2018
nijabazaar:

Likewise me.

I am almost , if not wishinh for BH to descend on the Army right now
I guess this shows why it is easy for Boko haram to recruit fighters and get sympathetic support from so many northerners but I will never support any terrorist organization like Boko haram or Isis.
We must not feed evil to fight against evil because at the end, it is still evil that will prevail.

4 Likes

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by urahara(m): 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2018
Mimee803:
What scares me or should I say concerns me most about d video is d detailed reporting of events...which way Nigeria

I swear , the report was damn too detailed

2 Likes

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by JFT24(m): 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2018
Karatum:

Zombie! So because we are not immortal, Buhari and his soldiers should start killing us??

So when did d soldier came to your family house or place of work to kill people. You are a supporter of evil. Original zombie
Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Galaxyowerri(m): 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2018
Oh my God, what the hell did I just watch?? How are those bastards in uniform different from boko Haram?? These terrorists in uniform did same massacre against IPOB in Umuahia during the ambush on Nnamdi Kanu. They did same massacre against the shittes in Zaria and now this one in Abuja!!
Thank God that a world renowned media like New York Times are the ones reporting these crimes against humanity, by God's grace the terrorists beginning from the idiot in aso Rock down to those doing the shooting, non of the will escape ICC and hopefully end the remaining of their miserable lives in prison!!!

To even imagine that these same terrorists are promising next level of deaths and destruction leaves me speechless!!!

#ICCMUSTACT
#THESE TERRORISTS IN UNIFORM MUST BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by anonymous1759(m): 2:03pm On Dec 18, 2018
FarahAideed:
If you watch this video and still go ahead to support Buhari It will never be well with 6 generations of your descendants again ..... Who uses 50 calibre machine guns on peaceful protesters ...I swear Africa has never had days like this and Buhari has to be handed over to ICC soon for justice to be served , Nigerias next president must be ready to handover Buhari to the ICC immediately !!!!!!! This is sad

This is not about Buhari Apc or PDP. Is about re-orientation of Nigerians... Obi Ekesili the Bring back our girls protest Head never sustain any gunshot injuries.. Why because it's a definition of a peaceful protest... Some Nigerians who experienced the incidence said the protest was not peaceful. Stones, sticks, or any sort of weapon can kill someone. If those Shiites are treated with kid gloves they'll be problem in the society. No matter what your protest should be peaceful without weapon. Some Part of the video showed the Shiites were violent... Please i appeal to sensible Nigerians no matter the religion always use your head. The Elites don't send thier children to protest.on the other hand Nigerian Army are useless very very useless Rubber bullets should be used to didperse protesters with teargas not live bullets... If you live close to the barracks you'll know the soldiers are not trained. Instead of them to protect you they intimidate you...
Sometimes your crime against this soldiers is because you look better than them..

Nigerians should help themselves kick against tribalism, Nepotism, ethnicity religion etc. Anybody who criticizes Buhari and hail Jonathan, Atiku, Tinubu, OBJ, ibori, Deziani etc are all bunch of hypocrites....

It's only in Nigeria a right thinking person will tell you to leave a thief, Murder, jihadist etc alone because they either share the same religion, ethnicity together. We'll Need Orientation from the president to the infact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New York Times Video Documentary On Massacre By Soldiers In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2018
Until we are all permitted to go our separate ways or all the old existing politicians are whipped out completely from Political Offices, Nigeria will remain like this...

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Military Airstrike In Kaduna Forest Hits Bandits’ Camp, Kills Scores / Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra / MKO Abiola: Why There Will Be No Public Holiday On June 12 This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.