Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools (14366 Views)

Enugu Airport Opening: Ugwuanyi Hosts Hadi Sirika And Authur Eze / Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots / Dasuki’s Release: Abba Kyari, Malami, Hadi Sirika, Fayemi Convinced Buhari – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by BrutusOj(m): 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

What is the point having Saturday lesson when the students can be taught on week days. What is the point having summer lesson when students should be resting their brains or engage in skills acquisition. The syllabus are wide and must be covered hence it calls for extra moral lessons. Many public holidays to deal with, many extra curricular activities among others.Do you expect the teachers to teach on Saturday when we have issues to deal with? Issues like taking classes in afternoon on Friday because of our Muslim brethren. Have you thought of students that attend church on Saturday since Sunday is out of it?. These are issues that were looked at by many schools before adopting extra moral lessons. Although they may not cover much but many topics will be touched.
A big difference, coming on Saturday morning and stay for 2 hours is more effective than wasting time while they are tired and exhausted during normal school days. I stated the category of learners to undergo summer lesson programme. And for ur information, standard schools that run summer programme have skills acquisition programme and it is part of summer activities. I am not in total support of the summer too, but it is the best alternative to after school lessons as learners tend to gain more during summer lessons.
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 18, 2018
BrutusOj:
A big difference, coming on Saturday morning and stay for hours is more effective than wasting time while they are tired and exhausted during normal school days.
Have you considered students that attend church on Saturday?
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by BrutusOj(m): 3:43pm On Dec 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

Have you considered students that attend church on Saturday?
Alternative arrangement will be made for them, that is why there is differentiation methodology. Cos, those who goes to church on saturday will be a small fraction of the entire number of students.
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by Tiffbuxas: 3:44pm On Dec 18, 2018
Oweku:
Extra lessons is a scam... What re they teaching them..

Allow your kids to rest for God sake.. No b only book they make person responsible or rich..

Click my signature below to mke money while browsing, its free..
most parents don't want to burden themselves with academic and moral training of their children... They'd rather pay for someone to do their job for them and with current economy teachers are willing to sacrifice that time
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by BlackSpanner: 4:11pm On Dec 18, 2018
BrutusOj:
not the type of extra lesson ran in these days. Both students and teachers are tired when the lessons hold, teachers dont put in their mind, students keep checking time for the annoying teacher to get out, only the management benefit from it.

Bros!!! Enough gbosa for you. You just said the plain truth. Managements of these schools benefits more while enslaving the teachers

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2018
BrutusOj:
Alternative arrangement will be made for them, that is why there is differentiation methodology. Cos, those who goes to church on saturday will be a small fraction of the entire number of students.
Hmmm! I like your idea. Like how many hours do you think schools should use on Saturday?
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:47pm On Dec 18, 2018
BrutusOj:
Filling the gap can be done in a better and suitable way but not through after school lessons ran between 2.30-4.00pm in most schools, like i stated before, students hardly give full attention to lessons taught within the period as they are already tired. Examination classes (JS3/SS3) can hold preparatory lessons on Saturday and compulsory summer lessons.

I think everyone have reasons that suit them. Someone up there even questioned summer lesson, saying students should use t to rest, while u advocate for compulsory summer lesson for examination classes.

Some parents prefer their kids coming home late cos they are still at work or stuck in traffic by the time school closes normally... Those who would be at home request that their kids come home after school, so it depends.

For those blaming private schools, I don't think any school makes extra lesson compulsory for anybody, and the fact that one parent doesn't like it does not mean parents that subscribe to it are not knowledgeable. Everyone have reasons for their decisions.
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by chinavs9ja(m): 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2018
Blyzz:
can you design an application for me?
Yes sir
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by chinavs9ja(m): 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2018
Blyzz:
can you design an application for me?
Yes I can
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by BrutusOj(m): 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

Hmmm! I like your idea. Like how many hours do you think schools should use on Saturday?
2/3 is enough.
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by DEHVEHLOP(m): 7:24pm On Dec 18, 2018
ajebuter:
If you had received extra lesson in morality,

You wouldnt have scammed Nigerians through the failed Air Nigeria with its Emulsion-paint logo!

Yeye Buhari Mis-Minister! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Sister don't you think you might be beautiful?

Clean off the heavy paint and see wonders
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by OlujobaSamuel: 7:25pm On Dec 18, 2018
I saw a girl coming home from school at about 7pm, I asked why so late, she said she was attending waec lesson after school extra lesson (all within same school), I then asked how she revised what she learnt, she said she read in school during break and sometimes at night, asked if she isn't too tired to wake at night, she then said most times she sleeps off while trying to read.
I'm sorry, no nonsense extra lesson for my kid, 8-2:30 is enough for me, any other lesson na home tutor.
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
chinavs9ja:

Yes I can
I see. How much would it cost to design a software like WhatsApp. I'll explain to you on how the software would look like.
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by Timoleon(m): 8:08pm On Dec 18, 2018
creamylicious:
lol. When a woman cries over a man nka?

I wish I had a response for this. I believe a feminist somewhere has an answer to your query.
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by ajebuter(f): 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:

Sister don't you think you might be beautiful?

'Heavy paint' doesn't apply to me..

I'm very good looking at over 40,, but thanks all the same..

Clean off the heavy paint and see wonders
'Heavy paint' doesnt apply to me in any way..

And yes, at over 40, I am very good looking and confident..

Thank you
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by chinavs9ja(m): 11:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
Blyzz:
I see. How much would it cost to design a software like WhatsApp. I'll explain to you on how the software would look like.
It will cost you upto N180,000
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 18, 2018
chinavs9ja:

It will cost you upto N180,000
wow. That's nice. So how about I tell you how the app would look like, you design it then launch it. 180k. No qualms, I'll see to that. Thanks for the information.
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by chinavs9ja(m): 11:55pm On Dec 18, 2018
Blyzz:
wow. That's nice. So how about I tell you how the app would look like, you design it then launch it. 180k. No qualms, I'll see to that. Thanks for the information.
Alright! Anytime you are available

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by Oweku: 1:36am On Dec 19, 2018
Tiffbuxas:
most parents don't want to burden themselves with academic and moral training of their children... They'd rather pay for someone to do their job for them and with current economy teachers are willing to sacrifice that time

Gbam.. U said it all..
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by Philinho(m): 7:09am On Dec 19, 2018
martineverest:
typical reply from a an educated illiterate
Stupidity fall on you....Just imagine your 'literate' sentence. ...
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by wirinet(m): 7:36am On Dec 19, 2018
I strongly disagree with the minister. Times have changed. The share amount of increased knowledge between when the minister was in school and now is tremendous. We now live in a globalised world where job competition comes not only from your local environment, but from the world over. Children need a very good foundation to be able to compete and get good jobs or careers in the future.
In other serious climes like Japan and China, schook children are grilled from 8:00 AM to sundown.
- https://web-japan.org/kidsweb/faq/life02.html
Student in Japan even go to cram school and until recently go to school on Saturdays.

China's school day is similar to Japan but slightly less rigorous. The school day in China runs from 7:30AM to 5:00PM.
In France the school day is 8 to 4.
All these countries have much higher literacy levels than Nigeria. Japan's literacy level is 100%
Meanwhile Nigeria with a literacy level of less than 40% is running an 8:00PM to 1 or 2:00PM school, that is even assuming teachers are not on strike or schools are not on public holidays (Nigeria has about the highest number of public holidays in the world).

Here are some school calenders from around the world - https://www.infoplease.com/world/world-statistics/school-years-around-world

My children go to school by 7:30 and don't come home till 6:00PM. They stay for school lesson (where they treat their homework), go for music class thrice a week, and go for computer class. No one brings a result of less than 80% home. One has never gotten less than 90%.
The government and our people need to take education seriously, if we hope to get out of this mess we find ourself in.
Re: Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools by wirinet(m): 8:11am On Dec 19, 2018
To further add to above, US educational system at the primary and secondary levels are falling below other advanced nations, and if things are not improved, it will affect the country's development and ability to compete on the world state.
This fear of international competition for jobs, business and trade is responsible for Brexit, Trump and the rise of nationalists, who want to shut their borders from outside competition.

Here is a recent article on the subject - https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/27/us/math-test-scores-decline-high-school-seniors.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Mocks Atiku, Says He’s Suffering From Post-election Depression / Lai Mohammed: Nigeria In Safe Hands Despite Security Challenges / Farouk Aliyu: Those Doubting Tinubu’s Credentials Should Go To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.