Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,778 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Is Christianity The Problem Or.....? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christianity The Problem Or.....? (208 Views)

What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. / I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) / Are Roman Catholicism And Christianity The Same Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Christianity The Problem Or.....? by Dara2Dami(f): 12:18pm On Dec 18, 2018
I lived in South Africa for almost 5 years, and some South Africans will say you Nigerians are proud and criminals. I will say to them, your experience with other Nigerians shouldn't give you that conclusion.

I remember on my Labour bed, I was crying and begging the nurses to attend to me, they were so reluctant. After the delivery, I smiled and said thank you sister(Nurses are called Sisters in SA)
God bless you. One of them looked at me and said, You are different, i thought Nigerians are same. I replied her saying no. I am sure they felt sorry for their actions.

So why condemn Christianity based on some peoples action?.....
If Christianity preaches about love and doing good, why then do people still hate being Christians?

1 Peter 3:9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing

Christianity is not a religion as people see it, it is a lifestyle. Not all who calls themselves Christians, lives as Christians.

God loves you and wants you! He deals with us personally and not as a group of Christians. Personal relationship with Him is what matters.

Don't turn your back on Him. Heaven is real so also is hell. Believe in God, for the time is now!
Re: Is Christianity The Problem Or.....? by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Jan 31
Dara2Dami:
■ I lived in South Africa for almost 5 years, and some South Africans will say you Nigerians are proud and criminals. I will say to them, your experience with other Nigerians shouldn't give you that conclusion. I remember on my Labour bed, I was crying and begging the nurses to attend to me, they were so reluctant. After the delivery, I smiled and said thank you sister(Nurses are called Sisters in SA) God bless you. One of them looked at me and said, You are different, i thought Nigerians are same. I replied her saying no. I am sure they felt sorry for their actions. So why condemn Christianity based on some peoples action?.....
■ If Christianity preaches about love and doing good, why then do people still hate being Christians? Christianity is not a religion as people see it, it is a lifestyle.
■ Not all who calls themselves Christians, lives as Christians. God loves you and wants you! He deals with us personally and not as a group of Christians. Personal relationship with Him is what matters. Don't turn your back on Him. Heaven is real so also is hell. Believe in God, for the time is now!
1. According to you, the nurse had a problem with Nigerians, not the religion of Christianity, so why skew the experience as though the problem was with the religion? undecided

2. Well, the same religion is littered with doctrines that suggest that the "love" of Christians should be directed towards those who agree with their various ideologies, so in essence, the lifestyle is no different from that of the other major religions including Islam and Judaism. undecided

3. The Christian "deity" — the many gods of men who rule over the over 47,000 cults denominations that make up the belief — are known to change their minds often and never really stand on one interpretation of even their so-called scripts. So, which one are we to believe to be the right one? undecided

(1) (Reply)

The deep is calling you, would you be ready to be baptized in the Spirit; / Strategies Of The Devil-must Read / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens : Monday, December 24,2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.