Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,341 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. (603 Views)

I Am Tired Of Christianity(the Imaginary God) / What Makes Christianity The One True Religion Of God? / Are Roman Catholicism And Christianity The Same Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by infini771: 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2022
The followers of Jesus Christ were first called Christians at Antioch, because they behave and act like Christ.
1. Christianity means Christ-like or like Christ.
2. It is not a religion but a way of life.
3. It is divinity at work in humanity.
4. The followers of Christ are called Christians.
5. Christians follow the footsteps of Jesus Christ and practice his teachings.
6. To become a Christian, you have to be baptized after you have accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior and confessing same with your mouth (Romans 10: 9-10).
7. When you accept Jesus as your Lord and savior and confess him with your mouth, the holy spirit will come in and replace the spirit with which you were born.
8. When this happens, you will become a born again Christian.
9. It is your spirit and not your body that gets born again.
10. It is a race that terminates at death.
Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by PlayerMeji: 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2022
You mentioned everything and you left the part which is the main reason a lot of people are angry with Christianity, that is love, Almighty love.

Jesus Christ showed us love yet we Christians can hardly show ourselves love.

I m not a fan of Islam but I must say I enjoy their fondness for each other as long as they are members of their faith.

Can a pentecostal worship in a catholic church? Can a cherubim and seraphim be allowed to lead prayer session in redeemed church, etc?
Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by advocatejare(m): 4:50pm On Jul 20, 2022
PlayerMeji:
You mentioned everything and you left the part which is the main reason a lot of people are angry with Christianity, that is love, Almighty love.

I m not a fan of Islam but I must say I enjoy their fondness for each other as long as they are members of their faith.

Can a pentecostal worship in a catholic church? Can a cherubim and seraphim be allowed to lead prayer session in redeemed church, etc?

If only you didn’t bring Islam into it.

Go and find out why Saudi have not been allowing Shia Muslims to come for Hajj in Mecca

The chief of army staff is a Muslim that was in charge when soldiers killed many Shia muslims in kaduna and get their leader, elzakyzaky in detention.

Can a Sunni muslim pray at Ahmadiyya mosque?

Ahlu sunnah muslims see other Muslims as misguided and doomed to hellfire.

1 Like

Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2022
PlayerMeji:
1. You mentioned everything and you left the part which is the main reason a lot of people are angry with Christianity, that is love, Almighty love. Jesus Christ showed us love yet we Christians can hardly show ourselves love.

2. I m not a fan of Islam but I must say I enjoy their fondness for each other as long as they are members of their faith. Can a pentecostal worship in a catholic church? Can a cherubim and seraphim be allowed to lead prayer session in redeemed church, etc?
1. Love, as preached by Jesus Christ, has its details specified in the Gospel... all 100 commandments(and teachings) of Jesus Christ. So those who do not KNOW this Truth are not able to do in fact live by it since KNOWING means to live in continuous submission to and obedience to God's Truth, the teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ. undecided

2. For one, Jesus Christ never asked any of His followers to set up these church businesses, to begin with so the competition you observe between them is that which you will find exists between businesses of this world, with nothing to do with God's Kingdom. undecided
Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by Maynman: 8:51pm On Jul 20, 2022
infini771:
The followers of Jesus Christ were first called Christians at Antioch, because they behave and act like Christ.
2. It is not a religion but a way of life.
5. Christians follow the footsteps of Jesus Christ and practice his teachings.
6. To become a Christian, you have to be baptized after you have accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior and confessing same with your mouth (Romans 10: 9-10).
7. When you accept Jesus as your Lord and savior and confess him with your mouth, the holy spirit will come in and replace the spirit with which you were born.
8. When this happens, you will become a born again Christian.
9. It is your spirit and not your body that gets born again.
10. It is a race that terminates at death.

“Jesus” followers were called Chrestians first at Antioch by Agrippa, the name already existed before then.

Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by infini771: 9:31am On Jul 21, 2022
Maynman:

“Jesus” followers were called Chrestians first at Antioch by Agrippa, the name already existed before then.
Okey

1 Like

Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:07am On Jul 21, 2022
CHRISTIANITY is the movement that gathers all faithful and obedient people throughout the world under one umbrella and their major goal is:
To agree on whatever God's word says about right and wrong, to settle their racial disparities, to divert their resources into the production of food and information materials, to erase the making, buying, selling and usage of weapons and vow never to engage in military services {Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3} with that they will form a global family of peace loving people seeing themselves as one another's brother's keeper {Zephaniah 3:9} as they're to have the same mindset like their King (Jesus Christ) and their God (Jehovah) so that both their God, His anointed King and all the subjects may have one mindset in their Kingdom which is Paradise! John 17:20-23 compare to 1Corinthians 1:10

So everything Jesus taught was centered on this goal which he referred to as the Good News of God's Kingdom.
May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by Maynman: 10:45am On Jul 21, 2022
infini771:

Okey

You are welcome, Chrestian.

Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:18am On Jul 21, 2022
infini771:
1. Christianity means Christ-like or like Christ....

And in the end you did not say the most important element which is to behave and do exactly as Christ did! The real and original "Christ likeness."
Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by infini771: 12:15pm On Jul 21, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

And in the end you did not say the most important eleme which is to behave and do exactly as Christ did! The real and original "Christ likeness."
Please help me add that too
Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by Kobojunkie: 1:28am On Apr 20, 2023
infini771:
[s]2. It is not a religion but a way of life.[/s]
[s]5. Christians follow the footsteps of Jesus Christ and practice his teachings.[/s]
[s]6. To become a Christian, you have to be baptized after you have accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior and confessing same with your mouth (Romans 10: 9-10).[/s]
[s]7. When you accept Jesus as your Lord and savior and confess him with your mouth, the holy spirit will come in and replace the spirit with which you were born.[/s]
[s]8. When this happens, you will become a born again Christian. [/s]
[s]9. It is your spirit and not your body that gets born again.[/s]
[s]10. It is a race that terminates at death.[/s]
2. It is most definitely a religion and God has given religion to no man. undecided

3. God is not at all involved in the religion of Christianity which is founded on the doctrines and traditions of men, rather than on the teachings and commandments of God Himself. undecided

5. Wrong! Christian follow the footsteps of their pastors and mogs who hide their many lies behind the mentions of the name of Jesus Christ. undecided
6-8. This ritual is separate from that in fact stated by Jesus Christ Himself in John 3 vs 1 - 21. undecided

9. There is no truth to that claim since no man was born from his mother's womb with a spirit installed, according to Jesus Christ in John 3 vs 5 - 8

10. It is not a race as your only competition is Jesus Christ, so technically, this is more a life than a race. undecided
Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Apr 21, 2023
PlayerMeji:
You mentioned everything and you left the part which is the main reason a lot of people are angry with Christianity, that is love, Almighty love. Jesus Christ showed us love yet we Christians can hardly show ourselves love. I m not a fan of Islam but I must say I enjoy their fondness for each other as long as they are members of their faith. Can a pentecostal worship in a catholic church? Can a cherubim and seraphim be allowed to lead prayer session in redeemed church, etc?
So this is all about fitting within religious groups to you and nothing more then? Well, you are right to pursue the religion of Christianity then. undecided
Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by Kobojunkie: 4:01am On Apr 23, 2023
By the way, @infini771, do you believe yourself to be born again? How certain are you that you have in fact been born again, according to the Truth of Jesus Christ, and not the mental delusions of religion?

See https://www.nairaland.com/7110397/gospel-minddump/3#120563417

If you are no currently possessed by the Spirit of the Eternal Life, the very same Spirit of Life that lives inside of Jesus Christ, I am afraid you are not born again and are simply playing Christian according to the script provided to you by your pastors and mogs whom you think are anointed by God. undecided
Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by 2dominate: 7:48am On Apr 23, 2023
advocatejare:

If only you didn’t bring Islam into it.

Go and find out why Saudi have not been allowing Shia Muslims to come for Hajj in Mecca

The chief of army staff is a Muslim that was in charge when soldiers killed many Shia muslims in kaduna and get their leader, elzakyzaky in detention.

Can a Sunni muslim pray at Ahmadiyya mosque?

Ahlu sunnah muslims see other Muslims as misguided and doomed to hellfire.
Spitting trash as usual, not surprised.
Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by advocatejare(m): 11:00am On Apr 23, 2023
2dominate:

Spitting trash as usual, not surprised.
Your IQ is too low to comprehend what I wrote up there so I understand your frustration.
Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by 2dominate: 6:57am On Apr 24, 2023
advocatejare:

Your IQ is too low to comprehend what I wrote up there so I understand your frustration.
Trash again, there's nothing up there but trash.
Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by Tboy222: 7:14am On Apr 24, 2023
PlayerMeji:

In eternity none of those matter, it reminds me of a story about John Wesley when He fell into a trance and went to Heaven, on getting there He asked how many protestants are in heaven the Angel said none, he again asked how many Methodist the Angel told him none, surprised he asked how many Anglicans the Angel replied again none.

Mesmerized he asked the Angel who then are in Heaven, the Angel said only those who are, washed by the blood of the Lamb.

So in the, eyes of Christ your religion or denomination does not matter what matters is if you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour.
Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by PlayerMeji: 8:51am On Apr 24, 2023
1 John 4:20
How can you say you love God that you cannot see yet you hate your brother that you can see... It starts with Love.. Brother.

Tboy222:

In eternity none of those matter, it reminds me of a story about John Wesley when He fell into a trance and went to Heaven, on getting there He asked how many protestants are in heaven the Angel said none, he again asked how many Methodist the Angel told him none, surprised he asked how many Anglicans the Angel replied again none.

Mesmerized he asked the Angel who then are in Heaven, the Angel said only those who are, washed by the blood of the Lamb.

So in the, eyes of Christ your religion or denomination does not matter what matters is if you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour.
Re: What Is Christianity? The Little I Know. by advocatejare(m): 10:08am On Apr 24, 2023
2dominate:

Trash again, there's nothing up there but trash.
Of course I know that you don’t have anything up there. It’s so glaring

(1) (Reply)

An Uncomfortable Truth In Today's World / The Spiritual Significance Of Waking Up At 4am / New Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.