Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,681 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers (8580 Views)

I Need You Guys To Put Me Through Of These Car I Can Buy / Car Logo Game: Tell Us The Names Of These Car Brands Using Their Logos Only / Ondo State Auto Rally Ends As Car Almost Got Burnt During Competition (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 11:50pm On Dec 24, 2018
3kay945:

Thanks for the info. It helps a lot.

Now, to know if I have geniune custom papers, I guess it is to compare my vehicle custom papers with the print out l might have gotten from the custom office.

If the Assessment form showing total amount payable is same with mine, does this confirm the genuity of my papers?

Or what particular content must be same?

Thanks

Check the model of your vehicle along with its VIN to be sure they are correct on the printout.

You can as well check the amount paid as customs duty to be sure it wasn't underpaid. If you are not sure of the amount, you can speak with them for assistance and clarification.
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by mayorall(m): 1:19pm On Dec 26, 2018
mayorall:
Naxo one nairalander too sold me Lexus RX330 last August too.

I was not that bothered cos I was introduced to him by another nairalander whom I trust.

I asked him severally if the paper is genuine and he said yes, the other man too said I shouldn't worry he's his person.

In less than 24hours I bought the vehicle, custom also stopped me at same location along Ibadan-Osogbo after Ikire.

I alighted and formed jagaban being my first time cos I have never being stopped on my big daddy for many years.

They requested for my documents, I showed them, they said that it's fake, Jesu, I spoilt mouth, I vex.

I called the dealer he kept on saying it's genuine that they just want to obtain me. Naxo my own agidi too enter gear 5.

The officers said they won't talk to me unless the dealer confessed.

He was begging custom on phone but kept on telling me the paper is genuine.

The brilliant officer told me to put the phone on speaker and I heard the dealer clearly confessing that the documents ain't genune, he told him to confess again that the vehicle came in via land border and he did...my head got a strange sound...motto of 3 point milla..

The custom officer returned us on close to an your journey back to Ibadan, on our way to their office,

They stopped us opposite their office asking for 1m. I told the dealer I will abandon the vehicle and enter Lagos to get back my fund.. I heard lots of name for vehicles on this day

January- 100k

February - 200k

To cut the long story short, . The dealer paid the money and vehicle was released.

On getting to Lagos, the guy started running away from me, for three weeks, I couldn't see him, different excuses.

I carry Soldier go meet am but with tolotolo mind, I dey beg soldier say nah civil case, make them just warn am.

He collected Bill of lading and promised to fix the custom payment

I didn't see anything, he later called me that I am to pay some amounts from the payment which I declined...

I reported it at nearest station... The police were saying I should help him to pay 200k from the fee too... "after naira had exchanged hands"

They started turning against me, I told them the said paper is not possible since vehicle came via land border. Nobody was ready to listen.. I called my sister who is a chief superintendent of police. She called them and they started getting scared of me.

He later promised to get it fixed... after a month, he came up with another fake paper that is on custom system but not on manifest, I declined..

At the end of the day, after 4 months of cruising Lexus RX330, I got back my fund. I told him to go away with 200k though

But do You know this vehicle is now on NL and jiji as Lagos cleared and full duty paid....found with 3 dealers/resellers... Its being advertised as Tokunbo..

1 Like

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 1:36am On Dec 27, 2018
mayorall:

But do You know this vehicle is now on NL and jiji as Lagos cleared and full duty paid....found with 3 dealers/resellers... Its being advertised as Tokunbo..

That is surprising and also funny; it might they've now resolved the customs paper issue though! !!
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:52am On Dec 27, 2018
legalwealth:

That is surprising and also funny; it might they've now resolved the customs paper issue though! !!

I can bet dru's left ear that they have not resolved the customs paper issue.....

just that they will profile the next buyer for that ride well. if it's someone that they feel can cause trouble.... nah....

highest the ride will pass thru several people and they will be collecting 200k per buyer till the duty is complete.

2 Likes

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by mayorall(m): 8:33am On Dec 27, 2018
legalwealth:

They can never resolve it unless Nigerian customs change the rule... The vehicle came in through land border...

1 Like

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by mayorall(m): 8:36am On Dec 27, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

I can bet dru's left ear that they have not resolved the customs paper issue.....

just that they will profile the next buyer for that ride well. if it's someone that they feel can cause trouble.... nah....

highest the ride will pass thru several people and they will be collecting 200k per buyer till the duty is complete.

The car duty can't be paid.... If it could be paid, We would have done that.

Land border had been closed 2 years ago, any vehicle that comes via such border got smuggled into the country and its confiscation without negotiation...

2 Likes

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 9:07am On Dec 27, 2018
mayorall:

They can never resolve it unless Nigerian customs change the rule... The vehicle came in through land border...

Says who?

Customs is at the same time corrupt; it could still be done but just that it will be very expensive. Reliable source or link told me that it will cost me N480,000 for my EOD 2005. But I don't want to risk it because I feel it is still going to be through illegal means of bribing which could even go wrong.

Ire Ooooo
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:17am On Dec 27, 2018
mayorall:

The car duty can't be paid.... If it could be paid, We would have done that.

Land border had been closed 2 years ago, any vehicle that comes via such border got smuggled into the country and its confiscation without negotiation...

lolz
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 10:41am On Dec 27, 2018
mayorall:

I as well saw the Lemon Lexus Es 350 that I bought, registered and returned to the dealer as a result of its transmission parking

after 2 days on highway on jiji as tokunbo after some days that I returned the car registered.

These car dealers shouldn't be trusted to a very great extent! !!
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by mayorall(m): 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2018
legalwealth:

I as well saw the Lemon Lexus Es 350 that I bought, registered and returned to the dealer as a result of its transmission parking

after 2 days on highway on jiji as tokunbo after some days that I returned the car registered.

These car dealers shouldn't be trusted to a very great extent! !!

Ayam totally done buying cars in Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 8:52pm On Dec 27, 2018
mayorall:

grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by thebigkendo(m): 11:56pm On Dec 27, 2018
mayorall:

You don't mean it?? D grin grin grin

Na straight from auction be that
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 1:58pm On Dec 28, 2018
mayorall:

Thinking of same thing here. At least one would know what he or she is buying.

But be very careful of the clearing agent that you will use and as well try to monitor

it also because not all the clearing agents can as well be trusted. #Peace
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by TheRealMykel: 8:32am On Jan 04, 2019
mayorall:

Whenever you're ready to import your desired vehicles, you can call on me via 07084202021/08070705137 for your genuine and swift clearing needs.
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by TheRealMykel: 8:35am On Jan 04, 2019
legalwealth:

Thinking of same thing here. At least one would know what he or she is buying.

But be very careful of the clearing agent that you will use and as well try to monitor

it also because not all the clearing agents can as well be trusted. #Peace

We are clearing agents sir! And we'll love if you would give us a trial sir! Whether it's RORO or Containerised Cargo. We work to serve you better.

You can reach us via 07084202021 or 08070705137
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2019
Thanks for your update @ TheRealMykel! !!
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 1:39pm On Jan 04, 2019
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by numen(m): 2:47am On Jan 11, 2019
Just finished going through this thread and it has never been pertinent and obvious to me that I should import my next car. A vehicle is major capital expenditure and should not come with headache.

Thanks OP and all the contributors to this thread.

Stay sharp people!
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 10:52am On Jan 11, 2019
numen:
Just finished going through this thread and it has never been pertinent and obvious to me that I should import my next car. A vehicle is major capital expenditure and should not come with headache.

Thanks OP and all the contributors to this thread.

Stay sharp people!

It is better you should import but also be very careful of the fraudulent customs clearing agents.

You are highly welcome!

1 Like

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by timbros(m): 3:30pm On Jan 11, 2019
See as my heart dey beat as I dey read this thread.

Na wao...
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by Bettycars(m): 11:42pm On Jan 11, 2019
For your European used cars or buses please call or whatsapp 070 6587 0508 for enquiries or inspection

We are importers of used vehicles at very good prices, with complete and verifiable customs paper. No hassles, no regrets
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by BeansAndBread(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2019
Bettycars:
For your European used cars or buses please call or whatsapp 070 6587 0508 for enquiries or inspection

We are importers of used vehicles at very good prices, with complete and verifiable customs paper. No hassles, no regrets
Acura RL, totally is how much?
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by Bettycars(m): 12:02am On Jan 13, 2019
BeansAndBread:
Acura RL, totally is how much?
We don’t have Acura at the moment in our fleet both here and abroad. No plans to get that model as well
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by Bettycars(m): 12:28am On Jan 13, 2019

We are importers of used vehicles at very good prices, with complete and verifiable customs paper. No hassles, no regrets.
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by BeansAndBread(m): 10:33am On Jan 13, 2019
Bettycars:

We don’t have Acura at the moment in our fleet both here and abroad. No plans to get that model as well
How about TL?
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by Bettycars(m): 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2019
BeansAndBread:
How about TL?
No sir
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by BeansAndBread(m): 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2019
Bettycars:

No sir
is there any nice comfy ride with good tech I can get for around N1.5 - 1.7 million?
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by Bettycars(m): 1:30pm On Jan 13, 2019
BeansAndBread:
is there any nice comfy ride with good tech I can get for around N1.5 - 1.7 million?
What brand and year do you have in mind? Considering the fact our source country is Norway though we use to import from Sweden, it is important to note that there are certain brand of vehicles that are almost impossible to get eg Hummer bus, the new Toyota Hiace, rare to get Toyota Sienna, Toyota Hilux and even if they are available they are too expensive for the Nigerian market. We often have more German used vehicles of all types and other Toyota brands, Ford, Saab and others
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by BeansAndBread(m): 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2019
Bettycars:

What brand and year do you have in mind?
Acura, Honda, lexus, Toyota, BMW, Benz, Volkswagen
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by Bettycars(m): 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2019
BeansAndBread:
Acura, Honda, lexus, Toyota, BMW, Benz, Volkswagen
Yes they are available.
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by BeansAndBread(m): 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2019
Bettycars:

Yes they are available.
Examples?
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by Bettycars(m): 1:56pm On Jan 13, 2019
BeansAndBread:
Examples?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Mechanics Remove Car Thermostats / 10 Essential Safety Tips For When Driving In The Rain / How Much Does It Cost To Register A Car In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.