Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,573 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers (8623 Views)

I Need You Guys To Put Me Through Of These Car I Can Buy / Car Logo Game: Tell Us The Names Of These Car Brands Using Their Logos Only / Ondo State Auto Rally Ends As Car Almost Got Burnt During Competition (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by mayorall(m): 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2018
legalwealth:

Did he give you the money you paid for the vehicle back in full despite you have registered the said vehicle?

You shouldn't have given him the 200k for it is a sure thing that they will do another fake document.

I sidan on my money in full.... He didn't even request for the 200k. I gave him from a pitiful heart.

But I allowed him to exhaust all his options to the point of no other way out down my money.

2 Likes

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 4:30pm On Dec 20, 2018
mayorall:

I sidan on my money in full.... He didn't even request for the 200k. I gave him from a pitiful heart.

But I allowed him to exhaust all his options to the point of no other way out down my money.

Hmmm!

You should have your full money back even if you didn't give him kobo out of pitiful heart! !!

1 Like

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 5:48pm On Dec 20, 2018
Below are the customs document that I downloaded on customs database using the valid C number of the one they gave to me .

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2018

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2018

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2018

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
See

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2018
C

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by ShenTeh(m): 12:06pm On Dec 21, 2018
mayorall:

I dey read this thing fear dey there dey beat my chest
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by Cosplay: 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2018
mayorall:
Naxo one nairalander too sold me Lexus RX330 last August too.

I was not that bothered cos I was introduced to him by another nairalander whom I trust.

I asked him severally if the paper is genuine and he said yes, the other man too said I shouldn't worry he's his person.

In less than 24hours I bought the vehicle, custom also stopped me at same location along Ibadan-Osogbo after Ikire.

I alighted and formed jagaban being my first time cos I have never being stopped on my big daddy for many years.

They requested for my documents, I showed them, they said that it's fake, Jesu, I spoilt mouth, I vex.

I called the dealer he kept on saying it's genuine that they just want to obtain me. Naxo my own agidi too enter gear 5.

The officers said they won't talk to me unless the dealer confessed.

He was begging custom on phone but kept on telling me the paper is genuine.

The brilliant officer told me to put the phone on speaker and I heard the dealer clearly confessing that the documents ain't genune, he told him to confess again that the vehicle came in via land border and he did...my head got a strange sound...motto of 3 point milla..

The custom officer returned us on close to an your journey back to Ibadan, on our way to their office,

They stopped us opposite their office asking for 1m. I told the dealer I will abandon the vehicle and enter Lagos to get back my fund.. I heard lots of name for vehicles on this day

January- 100k

February - 200k

To cut the long story short, . The dealer paid the money and vehicle was released.

On getting to Lagos, the guy started running away from me, for three weeks, I couldn't see him, different excuses.

I carry Soldier go meet am but with tolotolo mind, I dey beg soldier say nah civil case, make them just warn am.

He collected Bill of lading and promised to fix the custom payment

I didn't see anything, he later called me that I am to pay some amounts from the payment which I declined...

I reported it at nearest station... The police were saying I should help him to pay 200k from the fee too... "after naira had exchanged hands"

They started turning against me, I told them the said paper is not possible since vehicle came via land border. Nobody was ready to listen.. I called my sister who is a chief superintendent of police. She called them and they started getting scared of me.

He later promised to get it fixed... after a month, he came up with another fake paper that is on custom system but not on manifest, I declined..

At the end of the day, after 4 months of cruising Lexus RX330, I got back my fund. I told him to go away with 200k though

It's important to identify these dishonest sellers as often as possible. Hiding their identities does a great disservice to everyone else they may mislead.

If he's done it once, you can be certain he's done it lots of times.

https://www.nairaland.com/4667630/lexus-rx330-sale

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8361312_screenshot20181221140720chrome_jpegb8b960681d874afd0e95c4b14a060889

1 Like

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2018
Cosplay:

It's important to identify these dishonest sellers as often as possible. Hiding their identities does a great disservice to everyone else they may mislead.

If he's done it once, you can be certain he's done it lots of times.

https://www.nairaland.com/4667630/lexus-rx330-sale

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8361312_screenshot20181221140720chrome_jpegb8b960681d874afd0e95c4b14a060889

Well said.

Thanks for showing up!

1 Like

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2018
Attached below are the documents their boy going by nairaland username icedre sent to me upon insisting that they should send me the original document which they didn't give me earlier.

They lied to me then that it is only photocopied copy available because there are 4 cars in the container that was cleared.

It is this document that revealed it that they forged the original one from customs database. It genuinely came with Honda accord 2003 with VIN that is entirely different from my Honda accord 2005.

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2018

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2018
A

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2018
B

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2018
C

D

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2018
F

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2018
G

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by Dantedasz(m): 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2018
@legalwealth,

This is what the fraudsters refer to as recycled SGD entries.
It is a process by which fraudsters pay for one vehicle properly in the Customs data base system called ASYCUDA.
They then use this documents to serve as documents for vehicles smuggled in front the border illegally.
The process involves making a photocopy of the original document.
Then erasing the details of the original vehicle such as engine and chassis numbers. Vehicle name and bill of lading numbers and inserting the smuggled vehicle details onto the photocopy.
The only way to escape from this fraud is to visit a Customs station Servicom office to confirm the payment through the C number and obtain a PRINT OUT.
I repeat 60% of vehicles on Nigerian roads have a form of fraud or fraudulent activity on the customs documents ,either through fake papers,non payment of customs duty or underpayment.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 11:52pm On Dec 21, 2018
Dantedasz:
@legalwealth,

This is what the fraudsters refer to as recycled SGD entries.
It is a process by which fraudsters pay for one vehicle properly in the Customs data base system called ASYCUDA.
They then use this documents to serve as documents for vehicles smuggled in front the border illegally.
The process involves making a photocopy of the original document.
Then erasing the details of the original vehicle such as engine and chassis numbers. Vehicle name and bill of lading numbers and inserting the smuggled vehicle details onto the photocopy.
The only way to escape from this fraud is to visit a Customs station Servicom office to confirm the payment through the C number and obtain a PRINT OUT.
I repeat 60% of vehicles on Nigerian roads have a form of fraud or fraudulent activity on the customs documents ,either through fake papers,non payment of customs duty or underpayment.

You are right but I heard that they as well do such for vehicles from tincan. That they will up bringing it out without paying customs duties.

You are right!
If those that didn't pay or did pay but didn't pay in full but their C-number checks in are caught, they could still get their vehicles back once they do the needful along with penalty fees.

As for those with forged papers, they deserve outright seizure except if grace locates them and favour follows them.
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by Dantedasz(m): 12:01am On Dec 22, 2018
legalwealth:

You are right but I heard that they as well do such for vehicles from tincan. That they will up bringing it out without paying customs duties.

It is called FLYING of vehicles.
The syndicate works with fraudulent security agents at the port to smuggle the vehicle out by inserting them between clean vehicles that paid duty.
Then they go to Nnewi building at Apapa and forge the documents they will attach to the vehicle.
The only way to avoid falling into their trap is to insist on photocopy of the documents and take it to any Customs formation and get a print out of the SGD c number and then compare to the documents given to you.

1 Like

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 12:10am On Dec 22, 2018
Dantedasz:

It is called FLYING of vehicles.
The syndicate works with fraudulent security agents at the port to smuggle the vehicle out by inserting them between clean vehicles that paid duty.
Then they go to Nnewi building at Apapa and forge the documents they will attach to the vehicle.
The only way to avoid falling into their trap is to insist on photocopy of the documents and take it to any Customs formation and get a print out of the SGD c number and then compare to the documents given to you.

Exactly! Thanks for that.
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by Puzzlematics: 11:17am On Dec 22, 2018
legalwealth:

Great but it could be stressful though. But with my awful experience regarding customs paper, I've been able to know how to confirm and receive the copy of the customs paper printed from customs database without leaving my house.

As a matter of fact, I just requested for customs details of a vehicles that I'm interested in just few minutes ago.

Please kindly share this information as it is very valuable.
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 11:34am On Dec 22, 2018
Puzzlematics:

Please kindly share this information as it is very valuable.

Use the service of mrbanji whose thread is https://www.nairaland.com/4253658/contact-custom-document-verification-get

2 Likes

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by dapotemi: 11:56am On Dec 23, 2018
Computerglobal is also doing custom verification on NL cartalk section and it is free for now. I think those in doubt can't quickly check theirs . This is an eye opening thread.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2018
dapotemi:
Computerglobal is also doing custom verification on NL cartalk section and it is free for now. I think those in doubt can't quickly check theirs . This is an eye opening thread.

Thanks and it's great to hear the bolded.
Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by Dantedasz(m): 10:41am On Dec 24, 2018
I personally will never advise anyone to go through a third party to confirm genuineness of customs documents.
You have two legs. Take time out yourself to visit a customs formation in any part of the country and get yourself a confirmed PRINT OUT of your documents. A word is enough for the wise.
It is not a difficult process that you need a third party but as I have stated on this thread Nigerians are naturally lazy on issues of reading documents that they always feel they need a third party to read documents for them.
I repeat learn to read and understand documents given to you. Do it yourself.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 10:53am On Dec 24, 2018
Dantedasz:
I personally will never advise anyone to go through a third party to confirm genuineness of customs documents.

You have two legs. Take time out yourself to visit a customs formation in any part of the country and get yourself a confirmed PRINT OUT of your documents. A word is enough for the wise.
It is not a difficult process that you need a third party but as I have stated on this thread Nigerians are naturally lazy on issues of reading documents that they always feel they need a third party to read documents for them.
I repeat learn to read and understand documents given to you. Do it yourself.

Very good piece of advice that I've bolded up there. But the way the one that I normally use from the comfort of my house operates is that he works with customs that he downloads the document from their database and send it to you via e-mail or whatsapp.

After which you can print it out yourself and compare it with the one that the car seller or dealer gives you. I think such is still better than one just agreeing to verbal confirmation of/from third parties.

1 Like

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by davit: 11:32am On Dec 24, 2018
dapotemi:

Yes o. Try computerglobal out before travelling with your vehicle to avoid stories that touch the heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by legalwealth(m): 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2018
davit:

Yes o. Try computerglobal out before travelling with your vehicle to avoid stories that touch the heart.

Thanks for this piece of information! !!

1 Like

Re: Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers by 3kay945(m): 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2018
dapotemi:

Thanks for the info. It helps a lot.

Now, to know if I have geniune custom papers, I guess it is to compare my vehicle custom papers with the print out l might have gotten from the custom office.

If the Declaration form showing total amount payable is same with mine, does this confirm the genuity of my papers?

Or what particular content must be same?

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do you need doctor's report for your tinted vehicle? / Help! Am In Love With G-wagon. Only The Latest Model Will Do. / Lets Talk About The VW Golf 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.