Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right (5521 Views)

Nigeria Loses AFCON 2027 Hosting Right / Buhari Approves Postponement Of National Sports Festival Over Coronavirus / WAFU Cup: Nigeria Loses 2019 Hosting Right To Senegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by nickxtra(m): 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2018
fiercehillz:
I love my governor...he is a perfect gentleman and an achiever.
He is a goal getter, no wonder he is the chosen one by Dangote, Africa's richest.

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by martineverest(m): 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2018
RTSC:

Delta recently hosted an African tournament.

Forget the bendel connection, you are not mates.

Though poor leadership had kept delta state on edo level.
we no get money like delta,but we get better governors����

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by AmazingELixir: 7:38pm On Dec 18, 2018
grin grin grin

Edo nairalanders are masturbating in frenzy with this thread....I hope their illustrious daughters and sons in far away awaybo will come back in droves to make a success out of this fiester.

I for one will certainly be counting on that....by the way haven't seen my manchi....@ Hardcoreedoman lately

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Ayobami7(m): 7:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
ok

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by darfay: 7:49pm On Dec 18, 2018
martineverest:
my Edo state is moving forward,while my neighbor,Delta state is languishing in underdevelopment.

Forza Edo state!

Delta state has won the inter house sport you want to host faaar more than any other state. Winning the last three including the just concluded one

Please host so we can win again

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by martineverest(m): 7:50pm On Dec 18, 2018
darfay:

Delta state has won the inter house sport you want to host faaar more than any other state. Winning the last three including the just concluded one

inter house sports
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by DaRuud(m): 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2018
I learnt there will a game introduced as "Sexthatlon"

I [color=#770077][/color]
Iwillbegreat:
Obaseki promises world-class organisation
Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has assured athletes and lovers of sports that the state is ready to organise a world-class National Sports Festival, come 2020.

Obaseki gave the assurance while addressing journalists on the side-lines of the closing ceremony of the just-concluded National Sports Festival in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, after Edo was given the right to host the 2020 edition of the sports fiesta.
“On behalf of the government and people of Edo State, I assure you that the confidence reposed in us would be justified. I make a solemn promise today that we will give it our all and at the end of the day, everyone would say of the 2020 Games, ‘this is our festival in which we are well pleased,’ the governor pledged.

He noted that “The sports community will have no cause to regret this momentous decision that has been taken for Edo State to host the next edition of the National Sports Festival.

“We will take every step necessary, make the needed sacrifice to deliver the best games in the annals of the sports festival.”

He maintained that though there would be challenges on the way, he stressed, “we are Edo people. We have the men who can do the job and the facilities that will raise the profile of the festival.”

According to him, “Whatever challenges there are, we will overcome because Edo people tread where even lions do not. Like our warriors of old, we will slay every foe and surmount every obstacle to succeed.

“The 2020 Sports Festival will be different from any previous edition and any that will come after it. Perhaps it can only be surpassed in splendour and organisation the next time Edo State hosts it afterwards.

He added that “The Edo 2020 Sports Festival will be a festival that will be grounded in “strategy, organisation, technical apparatus, science, mechanics, and morale”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/national-sports-festival-edo-gets-2020-hosting-right/amp/
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by mechanics(m): 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2018
mechanics, I see.
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by 21Bandit: 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2018
martineverest:
my Edo state is moving forward,while my neighbor,Delta state is languishing in underdevelopment.

Forza Edo state!
Bros good evening ...
Comparing Edo state to Delta state is like comparing tecno p3 to Samsung s8 or like comparing Peterborough to Liverpool......we nor be mate at all in all ramification....you they hear oooo...
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by 21Bandit: 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
nickxtra:
Congratulations to my ever sports loving Edo people. We shall host to win. We shall move from 2nd/3rd best to the 1st best. Will win dethrone our brothers from Delta.
Wetin will do ona Bros....every small thing ona won compete with us.....well Sha Delta is that state you carving to be like.....put make I burst your scream.....even if Edo try they can't be like us....he clear she
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by martineverest(m): 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2018
21Bandit:

Bros good evening ...
Comparing Edo state to Delta state is like comparing tecno p3 to Samsung s8 or like comparing Peterborough to Liverpool......we nor be mate at all in all ramification....you they hear oooo...
lol.....delta no Edo mate na..delta dey learn

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Nobody: 4:18am On Dec 19, 2018
orobs93:
Oba Gha to kpe eh
Ise
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Nobody: 4:19am On Dec 19, 2018
Edodefender:
Edoooooo
Yes.....oo great edolite

1 Like

Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Nobody: 4:21am On Dec 19, 2018
darfay:

Baba calm down ...u never hear say Italy na part of Benin nah we are not local champion like delta state pple
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Nobody: 4:26am On Dec 19, 2018
Great edolite .....
Great Benin great oba we welcome you all come and experience our hospitality and culture ...one love wink
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by nickxtra(m): 1:34pm On Dec 19, 2018
21Bandit:

Wetin will do ona Bros....every small thing ona won compete with us.....well Sha Delta is that state you carving to be like.....put make I burst your scream.....even if Edo try they can't be like us....he clear she
Inspite of its high allocation which I think almost 20 times Edo's allocation, Edo state has carved a niche for itself. Go and do your research- in all indices of development among states in Nigeria, Edo state is far ahead of Delta, despite the higher Federal allocation that Delta enjoys.
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by nickxtra(m): 1:36pm On Dec 19, 2018
21Bandit:

Bros good evening ...
Edo is far ahead in all indices of development as far as states in this country are concerned. Edo na bigger brother
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by 21Bandit: 2:29pm On Dec 19, 2018
nickxtra:
Edo is far ahead in all indices of development as far as states in this country are concerned. Edo na bigger brother
Because of police vehicles and bikes acquired by your gov.... make you think Edo is better than Delta.....may I burst your screen Edo as a state is in poverty.... from your famous Benin may be like where fowl tey write to ekopma to uromi to auchi all in poverty....mind you have been to this places so don't come Na tell me what I know.....
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 19, 2018
21Bandit:

Because of police vehicles and bikes acquired by your gov.... make you think Edo is better than Delta.....may I burst your screen Edo as a state is in poverty.... from your famous Benin may be like where fowl tey write to ekopma to uromi to auchi all in poverty....mind you have been to this places so don't come Na tell me what I know.....

Deltans are running to Edo state for every thing look as your people full here.......because they know say nothing they Delta
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by 21Bandit: 12:15am On Dec 20, 2018
Jesse25:

Deltans are running to Edo state for every thing look as your people full here.......because they know say nothing they Delta
Habeg nor worry....seems you not been to Delta.....Edo people be like any for here.....from waff town to ughelli to agbharo to agbor to sapele to asaba to kwale to udu even to Jesse and paterni.....like 10 get my street.....nor worry.....
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by 21Bandit: 12:15am On Dec 20, 2018
[quote author=21Bandit post=74005206]
Make I continue
Re: National Sports Festival: Edo Gets 2020 Hosting Right by Nobody: 6:19am On Dec 20, 2018
21Bandit:

Habeg nor worry....seems you not been to Delta.....Edo people be like any for here.....from waff town to ughelli to agbharo to agbor to sapele to asaba to kwale to udu even to Jesse and paterni.....like 10 get my street.....nor worry.....
You your self know say Edo pass deltan .. even Stephen keshi was from delta but is house was in Benin .....in fact most rubbers they caught in Benin are all from delta in fact nah delta carry kinnapping come Benin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts / NFF Set To Hire Foreign Goalkeeper Trainer / Eucharia Names 21 Falcons For World Cup ( 18 Out Of 21 Are Igbos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.