Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? (5557 Views)

Poll: Next Eagles Captain Should Be:

Enyeama: 62% (93 votes)
Osaze: 27% (41 votes)
Mikel Obi: 10% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

John Obi-Mikel Is Captain Of The Super Eagles / Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles / Patrick Obahiagbon Congratulates The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by 1025: 12:25pm On Nov 07, 2010
I expect Siasia to go ahead and make JOHN MIKEL OBI the next captain of the team. What do you think?
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2010
Eyeama/Osaz.
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by temmytanny(m): 12:43pm On Nov 07, 2010
Enyeama is my choice while osaze should deputise for him
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by baslone: 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2010
I think it should be given to that stupid boy, Mikel or Vincent!
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by Ialwaysask: 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2010
I think Obinna grin
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by oweniwe(m): 2:25pm On Nov 07, 2010
Enyeama or osaze should be the capt. But from siasia's experience at egypt when he made an attacking mf his capt, i don't think he'll choose a striker as a capt again. He might also get d players to vote a capt themselves tongue
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by medjai(m): 5:41am On Nov 08, 2010
Osaze. He has a huge influence in the team. Every other player gives a little more when they see him on the pitch and he is also very committed.
Enyeama should be the vice captain
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by supereagle(m): 7:56am On Nov 08, 2010
Eyeama was there before Ozaze.
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by 12large1: 8:40am On Nov 08, 2010
lol mikel obi for captain then football is officially dead shey na sideways/backpass go multivate young players
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:45am On Nov 08, 2010
Instead of Mikel to be captain, make Fifa ban eagles for 8 years.

I stand with Enyeama. Osaze na smally for the squad.
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by Olami099(m): 10:27am On Nov 08, 2010
I support Enyama.
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by Olaolufred(m): 11:26am On Nov 08, 2010
Enyeama or Osaze.

I support Mikel as a team member of the new Eagle.

But I want Siaone to make Each jersey competitive so no one can hold him to ransom.

Good luck.
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by Basics007: 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2010
I think Osaze should be the obvious choice though at 29 his days in the SE are sadly numbered. Though i must confess i didnt like the way he was shouting on fellow players when they make mistakes at the last WC. Not good for team spirit
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by 1025: 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2010
well, i never asked who will be the best player in super eagles but the captain. i like enyeama's influence on the team but it is difficult for goalkeepers to reach out to the refs in times of problems bcs the oponents can take him unawares.
osaze is a good player but is never a good influence on the other players.
like i said, mikel will do the magic but siasia does not have a good relationship with the guy.
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by kannymoore(m): 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2010
Mikel. I think donning the captains armband will likely make him more responsible. The downturn of this decision may result in another generation of mafia with mikel at its head.
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by honeric01(m): 9:54pm On Nov 08, 2010
Waiting to see his squad list because i take my final decision.
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by mensdept: 11:05pm On Nov 08, 2010
^^^^ I'm with you, though Enyeama would make sense
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by alex406(m): 8:23am On Nov 09, 2010
Enyeama is the man.Let him whom cap fits take the cap.
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by chidyke77(m): 8:24am On Nov 09, 2010
Enyeama shuld be given that bt i normally prefer a DM or CM as a teams captain,mikel cnt handle that post well for nw likewise osaze.
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by slap1(m): 8:40am On Nov 09, 2010
Lol
Okija_juju:

Instead of Mikel to be captain, make Fifa ban eagles for 8 years.

I stand with Enyeama. Osaze na smally for the squad.

Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by slap1(m): 8:44am On Nov 09, 2010
Yakubu Aiyegbeni or Sani Kaita. . . . we may also consider Shittu.
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by paulex: 8:57am On Nov 09, 2010
Who can compare d dayz of oliseh and okocha? Oliseh held d eagles while okocha spoilt d eagles. We need smbody who's rude/aggresive n disiplined. Smbody Like oliseh. Enyeama is mature for it but i think mikel will fit in. He has d qualities, just a little disipline he's lost. Osaze cannot b our captain. He's too soft. He can't vibrate his co-players on field n people go use e head!
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by Dukechimi: 9:04am On Nov 09, 2010
Yakubu Aiyegbeni or Sani Kaita. . . . we may also consider Shittu.

YOBO NKO!
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by donobi(m): 9:08am On Nov 09, 2010
i support kaita so that he ill get more red cards
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by larimo(m): 9:11am On Nov 09, 2010
Making Mikel the captain might just change his approach to the team and game. Remember Okocha was an 'unserious player' until he became the captain of Bolton and the eagles.

Osaze would have been good but his influence and media blah blah after the WC is not exemplary.
Enyeama is the favourite but like someone noted, can he lead the team from the goalpost

Siasia may have to look at the younger ones, cos the oldies are almost gone,
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by reubeno(m): 9:39am On Nov 09, 2010
Yak's Ayegbenin shud be giving d captainship band and Kaita shud deputized,
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 09, 2010
Enyeama should captain the team with Taye Taiwo as his deputy
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by brosd2: 9:48am On Nov 09, 2010
The only player that is worth it is our number 1 goal keeper:Vincent.
He is the right choice,he has been there since Korea/Japan 2002 world cup and has been consistent.

As for for those who feel been a keeper makes you a lesser captain,please remember that we have had national teams and clubs keepers as captains in the past and even in the present.
They are still very much active and doing well.
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by MiKenny(f): 9:51am On Nov 09, 2010
I deeply root for Mikel to hold d arms band
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by naso2(m): 10:11am On Nov 09, 2010
My choice definitely is mikel.

Eyeama though a good goal tender has never proven that he can lead an entire team. Even organising the backline as the last man in the defence is a problem for eyeama, not to talk of the entire team. He is simply too gentlemanly for the job.

A mikel captaincy will really make the young man more responsible, and as well sound the necessary alarm , that a new order has been born in the SE.
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 09, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Who Should Be The Next Captain Of The Super Eagles? by babaogun(m): 10:16am On Nov 09, 2010
Enyeama seems to be a natural leader. He does his job reasonably well and encourages others to do same.

As a goal keeper, he watches the game and might be the best to give his views to the coach.

Let us see the full team sha!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Drop To 13th In Africa / 5 African Footballers Who Went From Rich To Broke / Oliseh : 'Odemwingie is the only world class player Nigeria has'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.