Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? (4205 Views)

Students Who Don’t Wish To Suffer After Graduation Should Do These / How Did You Spend Your Time After Graduation? / Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by Seun(m): 10:46am On Apr 16, 2007
What range of monthly salaries do you expect to earn at your first job after getting your first degree or diploma?
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by tluv2(f): 3:31pm On May 13, 2007
That is if we are able to get one.
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by nosa101(f): 6:19pm On May 13, 2007
40-50 grand a year if i come out as an undergrad

100 grand and above if i come out a grad

*$ not naira*
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by pmdaboh(f): 11:19pm On May 13, 2007
Your salary depends on what type of degree you are getting and what area you are going into. In the middle school levels in America (6th through 8th grades), Career Counselors work with students letting them know the "average" salaries for various professions. That way, young people can have an idea of what type of money they have the potential to make in their choosen professions. If one is not satisifed with that salary, than they suggest another profession is choosen.

Finding out how much one can potentially make in their profession should be discussed and looked out when you are young. However, if you want to know that answer now, there should be websites that can give average salaries for your geographic location. Go on google.com and do a search. Hopefully, those figures will be available in your area.

Best wishes!
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by uyai(f): 11:52pm On May 13, 2007
$30- $35 an hr
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by uspry1(f): 7:28pm On May 15, 2007
After graduated from my second degree, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Communication (advanced web development with photography, graphic, multimedia and programming), and my 6 years running small one-woman web-graphic designing business, I expect to earn the range of monthly salaries are $1,000.00 to $5,000.00 USD, not Naira at least 2-5 different clients each month.

For first time graduate of Visual Communication on the entry level (first job) will be the range of monthly salaries are $600.00 to $2,000.00 USD, not Naira. However, the Flash 8 developer monthly salaries will be double, because of professionally, promptly, complexity, web accessible and dynamically.

Visual Communication degree with the emphasis of web development, photography, graphic, multimedia, and programming is HOTCAKE everywhere in the designing/advertising/marketing/internet/media world.
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by benjibabs(m): 8:45pm On May 15, 2007
Visual Communication degree with the emphasis of web development, photography, graphic, multimedia, and programming is HOTCAKE everywhere in the designing/advertising/marketing/internet/media world.

uspry1, may i have a chat with you as per above. My email addy is in my profile.
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by omoge(f): 8:52pm On May 15, 2007
uspry1 you got customers here now wink
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by Makamiyaki(m): 11:50am On May 16, 2007
after graduation I was earning a Mediocre Salary of about 35,000 a month
and now a couple of years later, even though I'm earnin more than 5 times that amount,
it has a way of neva being enough
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by nelie(m): 3:18pm On May 16, 2007
pls does any one have an idea of what i can earn after graduating with a bachelor of tech in plant science? basically agriculture? can anyone talk to me what the nigerian goverment have gotting in place for the agricultural sector? it's very very sad to realize our goverment are not placing priorities on agricultural sector, which should be imperative. the future of agriculture is constantly being subverted , overlooked, and undermined.

oil boom basically led to agricultuarl doom, and his is very sad. at the moment, have only gotting coulpe of months to go in school, but what am seeing in nigeria it's very scary, am a kinda hard working dude, and i gotta be succesful. i intend going for my masters in illinious state university, as soon as am finally done though. can anyone tell me what agriculture is like in the US? can i make real money, like that in the health sector?

u can send me a direct e mail, hollanell@yahoo.com, am real scared about this topic.
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by f4la124: 10:26pm On May 16, 2007
I BLIV WHAT I'LL EARN AFTER GRAD. DEPENDS ON SO MANY FACTORS 1. THE INDUSTRY 2.THE CERTIFICATE IN QUESTION (FOREIGN SCHOOL OR INDIGENOUS) E.T.C BUT I BLIV I SHOULD EARN NOTHING LESS THAN 120K YEARLY.
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by Olumide7(m): 6:03pm On May 17, 2007
Well, I can manage N15m per annum, anything less than that, forget it!!!!!!!,
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by PapaBrowne(m): 6:22pm On May 17, 2007
A Fortune!
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by marco74(m): 10:16pm On May 24, 2007
olumide7,manage 15million naira annually??guess u aren't based in naija sha??
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by IfeanyiO(m): 10:58am On May 25, 2007
MY CANDID OPINION:

u are expected to earn what befits your status after your gratuation,if 'setiris perables 'is adherd 2 .
it would be better.
For civil servant :MINIMUM WAGE,
for doctors,engineers,tp,lawers,architech and the ress of them ,there wages are negociable as the case may be .
THANKS.
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by ashantegal(f): 9:38pm On May 25, 2007
in the states if your lucky to even get a job ,you lucky to make 35k a year but then again it depends on the field you go into , the medical field is where di money is ooooooooo.
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by minute(f): 9:56pm On May 25, 2007
Depends.Honestly u don't need a degree to earn a 35k income in the States,waste of time.
In as little as 1month u can have your GNA  certificate\licence and cld earn up to 50k a yr.

@ashantegal -or u meant  the nursn feild? LOL
@topic,prolly 70k a yr.
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by omogenaija(f): 3:49am On May 26, 2007
probably like $60-70k a year depending on where i'm living and working

@ minute i agree with u i know some CNAs who now make $60,000 per year but with cost of living these days sometimes thats not enough
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by Rlst84sale(m): 4:30pm On May 30, 2007
I don't think CNA earn up to that, they ear less than 25K a yr, good moeny in nursing field starts from LPN and above. That's for pple in nursing field.

All I want is just 4 good clients a month I will smile to the back every day, lol. Degrees are great and I encourage young people to go to college, but here in the States, you really don'y have to have a college degree to earn good income, if I go to get a degree it's just for getting it sake or if I go into law, it's just to equip myself with more knowledge.
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by dinnerm(f): 9:46pm On May 30, 2007
it depends on what kind of job i get.
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by omogenaija(f): 11:16pm On May 30, 2007
@ Rlst84sale
it depends on how long u've been doing it and how many hours u work etc.
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by dumi(f): 10:20am On Jun 01, 2007
any thin tangeble
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by Banderas(m): 11:55am On Jun 01, 2007
Nosa101 - What industry do you work in where a fresh post-graduate earns $100K? That my friend is a pipe dream. Even PhD graduates don't earn that much. It takes years of work experience, and not education to earn that sort of cheese
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by nosa101(f): 4:45am On Jun 02, 2007
Banderas:

Nosa101 - What industry do you work in where a fresh post-graduate earns $100K? That my friend is a pipe dream. Even PhD graduates don't earn that much. It takes years of work experience, and not education to earn that sort of cheese
You think? My big brother in my fraternity is going to earn 70 grand as an undergrad. Experience? Lockheed Martin for 4 consecutive summers and a Co-Op. Another thing, it's a large fraternity network and an even bigger alumni network,
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by ashantegal(f): 2:23am On Jun 06, 2007
the nursing field or anything clinical in the hospital or clinic is lucrative thats where the money but cna's defin does not make 60k plus that would be in the same boat as a lpn and defin an rn and that does not make any sense.
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by omogenaija(f): 10:22pm On Jun 06, 2007
@ ashantegal , its possible for CNA to make that if they had worked 2 jobs and lots of hours
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by uyai(f): 1:30am On Jun 07, 2007
A CNA has to be sleeping in the hospital to get that money.

The rate ranges from $11.50 to 12.50. evening and night differential takes it to about $15/hr.
My prof. pushed me to do it in my junior year, I quit 2 weeks later. It is the worst job ever. Worse of all u don't get any new experience.
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by minute(f): 12:29am On Jun 10, 2007
sorry uyai,- but have u ever considered going private duty?
its $15 per hr and $18 for live-ins for a start,and if u are lucky enough u cld get a free room with utilities included
its fun believe mii.
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by uyai(f): 1:15am On Jun 11, 2007
Thanks minute but i graduate this december so i don't have to do the dirty job.
Are u a student nurse too?
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by minute(f): 8:05am On Jun 11, 2007
yup and i cant wait to finish the whole thing.get bored quickly.

so how much do u expect to earn after graduatn? *just curious*
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by uyai(f): 10:48pm On Jun 12, 2007
Right now the two hospitals i'm lookin at their starting rate is $29. U know how the raise goes up every couple of months. I'm thinking about $35 cuz i intend to do night shift and they have about $4 differential.( not exactly sure about the dollar amount of the differential)
Re: How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 13, 2007
50 k for a start, after 6 month an increment of 20 k

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Happened To ASUU And The Called Nec Meeting? / Do You Want To Be A Millionaire? Do Not Study Medicine And These Courses- Forbes / Neco Change Of Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.