Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:47 AM

Buhari: I Will Give PDP The Opportunities They Didn’t Give Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I Will Give PDP The Opportunities They Didn’t Give Me (293 Views)

Insecurity: Give PDP Another Chance In 2023 – Saraki To Nigerians / Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East / 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: I Will Give PDP The Opportunities They Didn’t Give Me by PMBNG(m): 9:34am On Dec 19, 2018
Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria’s President, says he is prepared to give the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) the opportunities they denied him during his days in the opposition.

Mr Buhari stated this when he played host to a delegation from the United States International Republican and National Democratic Institute at the presidential villa on Monday.

Since the return to democratic rule in 1999, the PDP had held sway until the party lost the 2015 presidential election to the All Progressive Congress (APC) which had the president as its then presidential candidate.

Mr Buhari who currently seeks a second term in office had contested severally for the highest office in the land and lost to the PDP.

“I am glad you are here to assess our pre-election preparations. It reminds me of the visit by the then secretary of state, John Kerry, before the 2015 polls,” the president said.

“We appreciate the concern of America for stability in developing countries.

“Having run for president three times, ending up at the supreme court all three times, before God and technology made a way for me the fourth time, I know what it is to be cheated at the polls.

“What they used to do was just to award votes, and tell anyone who was dissatisfied to go to court. But we won’t do that. I am prepared to give the opposition the opportunities I was not given in the past,” Buhari said.

While noting that his administration has done fairly well in security, economy and fighting corruption, the president said he has ordered security operatives to be apolitical and do their duties professionally as the nation goes to elect its leaders next year.

The recent clamour for non partisan of security operatives during elections has landed some critics of the government behind bars.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/buhari-will-give-pdp-opportunities-didnt-give-me/
Re: Buhari: I Will Give PDP The Opportunities They Didn’t Give Me by PMBNG(m): 9:37am On Dec 19, 2018
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Gov Emmanuel Approves Akwa Ibom Stadium For Buhari, APC Campaign / Buhari Campaign Reacts To Corruption Allegation Against President / Federal Government Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Awards 2019/2020 Fo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.