Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,871 members, 7,813,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? (4092 Views)

All 44 Candidates On Navy Supplementary List Under Buhari Are Northerners - SR / Insecurity: Northerners Not Happy, Bafarawa Tells Buhari / Atiku Presidency: Why El-rufai Is Afraid - Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by hisexcellency34: 10:16am On Dec 19, 2018
Since Atiku Abubakar became the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party PDP, many Northerners are not really excited about him. The euphoria is only in the South, especially the South East, South West and South South?

Can Atiku really divide Buhari's vote in the North?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 19, 2018
Not only the North...Lagos here I have not seen one single Atiku's Poster, billboard or banner

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by Pusyiter(m): 10:26am On Dec 19, 2018
The question is, Do the Northerners consider him to be from the North?
They do not see him like that.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:28am On Dec 19, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Since Atiku Abubakar became the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party PDP, many Northerners are not really excited about him. The euphoria is only in the South, especially the South East, South West and South South?

Can Atiku really divide Buhari's vote in the North?
So all the crowds that have being gathering to meet him in the North are from the South ABI

APC and their media propaganda

Fear fear! They can't go into a free and fair elections

Why are they ripping JIMI Agbaje's posters off in Lagos

When ICC will be coming for that fake late President Mohammed Buhari for his atrocities and I pray they take Tinubu along!

I can understand you, you are paid to do your job so quantinue undecided

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by bender79: 10:29am On Dec 19, 2018
Atiku is seen as a biafra facilitator in the north

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by hisexcellency34: 10:32am On Dec 19, 2018
I'm beginning to reason in that direction too

Pusyiter:
The question is, Do the Northerners consider him to be from the North?
They do not see him like that.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by hisexcellency34: 10:34am On Dec 19, 2018
The same crowds shouting Sai baba at his rallies. Or haven't you seem the video?

Wiseandtrue:

So all the crowds that have being gathering to meet him in the North are from the South ABI

APC and their media propaganda

Fear fear! They can't go into a free and fair elections

Why are they ripping JIMI Agbaje's posters off in Lagos

When ICC will be coming for that fake late President Mohammed Buhari for his atrocities and I pray they take Tinubu along!

I can understand you, you are paid to do your job so quantinue undecided

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by demelza: 10:34am On Dec 19, 2018
To be honest, Atiku is seen as a south east candidate.
Even south south are surprisingly calm about him.
SE are the ones carrying him all over social media.
Hopefully, they have the numbers to take him far...

Oh wait! grin grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by jmaine: 10:34am On Dec 19, 2018
bender79:

Keep lying to yourself, there was a dedicated drive to acquire PVCs in the North to oust Buhari.. Be deceiving yourself there.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:35am On Dec 19, 2018
bender79:
When there is nothing else to offer, go the ethnic division way grin grin cheesy grin

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by Angelparadise: 10:36am On Dec 19, 2018
The answer to your question is visible to the blind and glaring to the doubtful mind .
They are not excited because since the inception of one Nigeria the north have been the majority region to draw the progress of Nigeria backwards ,minority of problems in Nigeria were cost by elements in the north . They were cowed to follow their leaders even when they know their future are been destroyed.
Finally I must deduce that majority of those Muslims in the north are fashion to follow and believe any leaders that will not create or make their standard of living better through their religion . Simply facts to consider between 1960 till date which polar region that have manage the affairs of Nigeria longer ?
Answer is The North that why Nigeria is in this mess .

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:37am On Dec 19, 2018
hisexcellency34:
The same crowds shouting Sai baba at his rallies. Or haven't you seem the video?

Dey dribble yourself. No be all of una dey collect salary

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by deomelllo: 10:39am On Dec 19, 2018
athiefKUlooter's only supporters in Nigeria are Igbos and anti-Nigerian elements. from the SE.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by Prompto: 10:53am On Dec 19, 2018
Atiku agenda is Igbo agenda n also Biafra agenda.
The Igbo, their fathers n forefather have been failing at this since 1960 and will surely fail till the end of time so therefore

Atiku agenda = failure agenda
Final answer FAILURE.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by vedant12345: 12:10pm On Dec 19, 2018
Its best things for us because we have no need to math games get any game for the gaming because here so more type of game available.
Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by FiftyFifty(m): 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
Good question. As someone from the North and from Atiku's state I think I can say something. Atiku is only an option if he's contesting with someone from the SE. Atiku can't defeat even the likes of Osinbajo in the North and this isn't hard to understand. Atiku's name is synonymous to corruption; North benefited nothing from his VP; his statement that Allah doesn't answer common man's prayer is fresh in our memory; so also the recent North and mud houses comment; he's generally seen as someone lacking in morality; his romance with Igbos too is a minus to him, his choice of Obi in particular; his desperation, remember he was in PDP, ACN, DPN, APC & now back to PDP again; and he's seen as someone who can't be relied upon. These are some of the reasons.
I'm from Mubi but I can't vote for Atiku when Buhari is in the race. Buhari is winning Adamawa entirely even Atiku knows this. We are comfortable having Yoruba as VP or President but certainly not an Igbo. We are just leaving with Igbos for now but we don't trust them. The event of January 15th is fresh in our memories. All the crowds following Atiku is a rented one. Remove Atiku from "his" money, he's nobody. 2019 election to an average Northerner is an easy ride for Buhari.
Let me stop here.

34 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by demelza: 12:22pm On Dec 19, 2018
FiftyFifty:
Good question. As someone from the North and Atiku's state I think I can say something. Atiku is only an option if he's contesting with someone from the SE. Atiku can't defeat even the likes of Osinbajo in the North and this isn't hard to understand. Atiku's name is synonymous to corruption; North benefited nothing from him as VP; his statement that Allah doesn't answer common man's prayer is fresh in our memories; so also the recent North and mud statement; he's seen as one who's generally lacking in morality; his romance with Igbos too is a minus to him; his choice of Obi in particular; his desperation, remember he's in PDP, ACN, DPN, APC & now back to PDP; these are some of the reasons; and he's seen as someone who can't be relied upon.
I'm from Mubi but I can't vote for Atiku when Buhari is in the race. Buhari is winning Adamawa entirely even Atiku knows this. We are comfortable having Yoruba as VP or President but certainly not an Igbo. We are just leaving with Igbos for now but we don't trust them. The event of January 15th is fresh in our memories. All the crowds following Atiku is a rented one. Separate Atiku and "his" money he's nobody. 2019 election to an average Northerner is an easy ride for Buhari.
Let me stop here.
Hmm..
Thank you for this.
You brought new angles I have not been aware of especially the prayer and mud thing.

Some people will soon accuse you of being an afonja.
Las las them go get sense.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by omonaijiria: 12:30pm On Dec 19, 2018
deomelllo:
athiefKUlooter's only supporters in Nigeria are Igbos and anti-Nigerian elements. from the SE.
I've told you to always think with your brain
Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by wakaman: 12:35pm On Dec 19, 2018
His character and company bedevils him.
A good name is better than bedeviled riches.

Sai Baba.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by nwanyionitsha: 12:43pm On Dec 19, 2018
hisexcellency34:

you mean the video of ten almajiri children ? ! Smh.
You are more worried for Atiku than the Pdp is.
Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by beegodson: 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2018
How can the Northerners be excited about a man who deceived them, made empty promises, ruled them without having their interest at heart. What does he expect. its garbage in, garbage out, he what he gave them, he is receiving back. so atiku would have probably thought about this day before messing up big time.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by nwanyionitsha: 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2018
demelza:
To be honest, Atiku is seen as a south east candidate.
Even south south are surprisingly calm about him.
SE are the ones carrying him all over social media.
Hopefully, they have the numbers to take him far...

Oh wait! grin grin
But you sound disturbed.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by FiftyFifty(m): 12:45pm On Dec 19, 2018
demelza:
Hmm..
Thank you for this.
You brought new angles I have not been aware of especially the prayer and mud thing.

Some people will soon accuse you of being an afonja.
Las las them go get sense.

I'm Fulani from Mubi. Atiku couldn't even provide a good road for us as VP, Buhari is doing just that and someone think we can let him impose Atiku on us. Haba.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by nwanyionitsha: 12:46pm On Dec 19, 2018
deomelllo:

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by nwanyionitsha: 12:48pm On Dec 19, 2018
Prompto:
Atiku agenda is Igbo agenda n also Biafra agenda.
The Igbo, their fathers n forefather have been failing at this since 1960 and will surely fail till the end of time so therefore

Atiku agenda = failure agenda
Final answer FAILURE.
Is that why you are runnig from thread to thread sounding worried ?

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by Xander85: 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2018
bender79:

Correction: Not in the north, but by hateful, two-faced bigots like....you know who! They can also be found in a section of the south as well!

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by nwanyionitsha: 12:50pm On Dec 19, 2018
FiftyFifty:

I'm Fulani from Mubi. Atiku couldn't even provide a good road for us as VP, Buhari is doing just that and someone think we can let him impose Atiku on us. Haba.
You are not the only fulani from Mubi.
You have just one vote.

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by Xander85: 12:55pm On Dec 19, 2018
FiftyFifty:

Stay there and be getting a strong bone'r over road, while your country is fast disappearing into the abyss!

Governance for some of you starts and ends with 'what he brought to my village'....no one has a pan-Nigerian outlook towards governance at the centre! Latter now, you'd be deceptively screaming 'one Nigeria' and look at me quizzically, wanting to know why i'm not joining you in your madness! sad

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 19, 2018
jmaine:

Keep lying to yourself, there was a dedicated drive to acquire PVCs in the North to oust Buhari.. Be deceiving yourself there.

Bros, Atiku is nothing in the North compared to Buhari. I won't dismiss him as having no support but the fact is that Atiku is not a threat at all to PMB in the North. Even Kwanwaso would have done better. It was simply the dollars of Atiku, and the fact the PDP will always sell its soul for money, that led to the defeat of Tambuwal and Kwankwaso.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by bender79: 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2018
Xander85:

Correction: Not in the north, but by hateful, two-faced bigots like....you know who! They can also be found in a section of the south as well!

You have said nothing but affirm my position dunce!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by jmaine: 1:01pm On Dec 19, 2018
Oshigun:

Bros, Atiku is nothing in the North compared to Buhari. I won't dismiss him as having no support but the fact is that Atiku is not a threat at all to PMB in the North. Even Kwanwaso would have done better. It was simply the dollars of Atiku, and the fact the PDP will always sell its soul for money, that led to the defeat of Tambuwal and Kwankwaso.

So Atiku has more dollars than Wike and Okowa Oil money.. Lolz..

Continue under rating Atiku, the Tsunami is brewing very hot as we speak.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Northerners Not Excited About Atiku Presidency? by onubijoe(m): 1:02pm On Dec 19, 2018
Is not all about banner is all about reputation and what you can offer

Atiku is a man of integrity who has qualities of leadership not to be a president only but to be our leader come 2019 to restore the glory of our dear country

myboy2111:
Not only the North...Lagos here I have not seen one single Atiku's Poster, billboard or banner

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arrest Dele Momodu Over That Interview With Nnamdi Kanu - Shettima Yerima / Breaking: Boko Haram To Attack Southern Nigeria Anytime Soon – US Raises Alarm / British War Ship - Royal Navy Patrol Lands In Lagos Port (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.