Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,382 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After (37355 Views)

"He Is A Liar" Palestine UN Envoy Blames Israel For Gaza Hospital Massacre / President Joe Biden Wishes Barack Obama A Heartfelt: HAPPY BIRTHDAY / Joe Barton Sends Nudes To Lady With Explicit Text Message (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by nijabazaar: 8:36am On Dec 20, 2018
deomelllo:

Learn how to read, comprehend, stay on topic and follow simple internet discussion.

It is part of the reason why Buhari is considered a failure. Did unarmed protesters die under his watch or not.

Dont defend evil. It might get to you one day.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Mccullum: 8:36am On Dec 20, 2018
This is Nigeria and we do our things in accordance with our cultures, if some hailing Buhari by screaming Sai Baba while in US they can be applauding their president that is their culture...

If opposition here woo our president it also exposed our way of cultures to dishonouring our leaders... As opposition in US can't openly do that because it against their cultures

What is certain thing is that any one God honour no one can dishonoured it....

Sai Baba till 2019.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by xcelentattitude(m): 8:36am On Dec 20, 2018
yerokunphilips:
It's only a foolish son that disgrace his father publicly

I guess the people in NASS are the sons you are talking about. They are Buhari's children abi, wehdon you hear?

I opine that

This idiom or proverb is either Wrong or incorrect
Or Poorly formulated grin or misapplied

#CommentReadersAssociation of Nigeria
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by NessaBoo(f): 8:41am On Dec 20, 2018
My own take is that, the way Politics is played in Nigeria really needs to change, i have watched joint sessions of U.K, U.S and even if they disagree its always in a courteous way...I was just sullen the way our legislooters were so unruly without any smidgen of decorum, some booing and some chanting Sai Baba during a serious budget presentation. Dogora was busy hitting the gavel shouting One House, Pls One House grin.
The man was just ignored. It was a show of shame!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by jamace(m): 8:43am On Dec 20, 2018
deomelllo:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32767813/ns/politics-health_care_reform/t/obama-accepts-apology-wilson-outburst/#.XBq_mFxKjIU

You are quoting a sane country where things work.

You will never quote it when your president Buhari disobeys court orders.
You will never quote America when hundreds of soldiers are killed by boko haram and your president does not honour them.

You will not quote America when your president goes for medical tourism in another country.

You will never quote America when Buhari appoints all his kith and kins in his cabinet.
You will never quote America when armless protesters are gunned down.
e.t.c e.t.c

Don't tell me you are suffering from selective amnesia.

4 Likes

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by RTSC: 8:45am On Dec 20, 2018
jamace:

You will never quote America when hundreds of soldiers are killed by boko haram and your president does not honour them.

You will not quote America when your president goes for medical tourism in another country.

You will never quote America when Buhari appoints all his kith and kins in his cabinet.
e.t.c e.t.c

He will never quote America when presidential guard was shooting civilians like animals.

Yoruba group of sycophants.

Tufia.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Bluntemperor: 8:47am On Dec 20, 2018
and Nigeria money still ln Panama where a Prime Minister of a Country resigned,yet somebody also padded various Budgets and they are fulling us Nigerians and you want me to vote 'yee have- it' as legislatures for more years,NO NO NO.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by MartinCorridon: 8:47am On Dec 20, 2018
VULCAN:
Stop being selective in your criticism, a word is enough for the wise

Burutai was Director of Procurement during the same period so.....

... Whatever Badeh swallowed, Buratai got a good taste.

Learn how to read. Even he had to stop when i made his foolishness evident.

Was Badeh a saint or not? Barking wouldn't change what we all know

1 Like

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Nature8(m): 8:48am On Dec 20, 2018
royalamour:

Check your email.
Ok
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by RTSC: 8:48am On Dec 20, 2018
Besides , why should some useless sycophants in the National Assembly start hailing the president during such serious business.

For what possible reason?

Nigeria's economic indices has regressed in all areas, and those useless animals are hailing the president during budget presentation, that should have been highly debated.

Mad people.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Princedapace(m): 8:54am On Dec 20, 2018
deomelllo:

This is a teaching moment for Nigeria and Nigerians in general. We copied democracy from America, but we practice democracy upside down.

Republicans and Democrats in America don't tolerate such disrespect and assault on the presidency, especially @ Congress.

The lawmaker was made to apologize to the president and to the general public.

The NASS leadership should have forced the lawmakers involved to apologize to the president or they themselves apologize on behalf of their members and their own failure to control their own NASS.

Guy, apc house members started this drama. They were chanting sai baba, sai baba. That shouldn't be done at the national assembly. It is childish and ended up causing such drama.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by DJInfluence: 8:58am On Dec 20, 2018
dannybrasky:
Sane country!! Not like ours.There are differences between chinonso of ajegunle and chukwudi of lekki. Even if the sky is falling,you would never see Yankee law makers acting like our chinonso of ajegunle.

I finally hit FTC! Get me a half iced/chilled/Smokey bottle of beer abeg. grin
But our own politicians no come from AJ na. Why you dey fall our hand here? Next time use Aba for your analogy and leave AJ alone or you want make i use Davido style for u? As in, if dem born you well make you reach AJ..... grin grin grin
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 20, 2018
jamace:

e.t.c e.t.c

Best comment so far...........
@ deomelllo, martincorridon, what do you guys think of this post.......

1 Like

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Oluhills007: 9:10am On Dec 20, 2018
yerokunphilips:
It's only a foolish son that disgrace his father publicly
What are you saying...who's the father?, who's the son
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Ugosample(m): 9:10am On Dec 20, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:

The Senate president doesn't seem to realize what dent this has caused him.

He couldn't put his house in order.

Useless congressmen!

No matter the disagreement with the executive arm, you should show some sense of decorum and conduct yourselves modestly.

It has only shown us how uncivil and dishonourable they are angry angry

why would the lawmakers shout "sai baba" on the floor

is that not stupidity at play

Politicking and patronising should be kept out of the chambers

Now you guys are blaming Saraki for it undecided

They would have let him come, present his useless budget and walk out undecided
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Ugosample(m): 9:11am On Dec 20, 2018
Oluhills007:
What are you saying...who's the father?, who's the son
help me ask o
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Whazar(m): 9:12am On Dec 20, 2018
Mccullum:
This is Nigeria and we do our things in accordance with our cultures, if some hailing Buhari by screaming Sai Baba while in US they can be applauding their president that is their culture...

If opposition here woo our president it also exposed our way of cultures to dishonouring our leaders... As opposition in US can't openly do that because it against their cultures

What is certain thing is that any one God honour no one can dishonoured it....

Sai Baba till 2019.
Kai so it's in our lawmakers culture to stand like agbero and be shouting sai baba while their hands are up like touts lol u are a joke
please receive sense it won't bite
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Ugosample(m): 9:12am On Dec 20, 2018
Princedapace:

Guy, apc house members started this drama. They were chanting sai baba, sai baba. That shouldn't be done at the national assembly. It is childish and ended up causing such drama.

exactly
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by dannybrasky(m): 9:12am On Dec 20, 2018
grin grin grin apologies sir! grin
DJInfluence:
But our own politicians no come from AJ na. Why you dey fall our hand here? Next time use Aba for your analogy and leave AJ alone or you want make i use Davido style for u? As in, if dem born you well make you reach AJ..... grin grin grin
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 20, 2018
boss1310:
If you are quoting America to make what was done to Buhari look bad then you better know that American presidents receive more insults than Nigerian from time immemorial
The people who booed might have done it for political or personal reasons but the truth remains that his government is not performing and he seems not to be aware of it when he speaks from those prepared documents of his.
If you take those documents from buhari and ask him to make a statement from it am sure he won't know what to say

you guys keeping shouting things are not working , as things ever worked in nigeria since time immemorial , blaming buhari .... its total madness when some agrieved tribe expect buhari to turn around nigeria in 4yrs from a decade of 58yrs ....what there broda could not do in 6yrs ,pdp couldnt so in 16yrs.... we've never witness a nass like the 8th senate ... how can the country move forward when the nass are more an opposition than a arm of govt.... do they even represent us .
what we saw in nass yesteday just proved the apc govt is not business as usual for the politicians.. there aggression n anger is about self interest ..
IF anybody will tell us apc is not working its not pdp who had 16yrs .... if you think going back to pdp is the next things then you guys need mental evaluation.
thanks to the igboman that was just shouting n embrassing is race on tv when buhari was talking .... the north got the message.
2019 election is now officially north vs east ... you think you can slap an hausa/fulani n go scotfree majority in the SW we are also with north.

1 Like

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:16am On Dec 20, 2018
Ugosample:

why would the lawmakers shout "sai baba" on the floor

is that not stupidity at play

Politicking and patronising should be kept out of the chambers

Now you guys are blaming Saraki for it undecided

They would have let him come, present his useless budget and walk out undecided

I never defended either those shouting for or against.

Read my post again before reacting angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Bede2u(m): 9:18am On Dec 20, 2018
deomelllo:

This is a teaching moment for Nigeria and Nigerians in general. We copied democracy from America, but we practice democracy upside down.

Republicans and Democrats in America don't tolerate such disrespect and assault on the presidency, especially @ Congress.

The lawmaker was made to apologize to the president and to the general public.

The NASS leadership should have forced the lawmakers involved to apologize to the president or they themselves apologize on behalf of their members and their own failure to control their own NASS.

the reason idiats like u still get mouth to dey support terrorist buhari is because of internet anonimity. Come talk wetin u just talk now for ph
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by MartinCorridon: 9:22am On Dec 20, 2018
Castroii:

Best comment so far...........
@ deomelllo, martincorridon, what do you guys think of this post.......

Read my posts and you would know.

Read slowly this time ...

1 Like

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by PremiumLeaks: 9:24am On Dec 20, 2018
FarahAideed:
American presidents don't ago about protecting killer terrorist who have killed over 19 thousand people..Buhari is a liar and blood sucking demon

You? You that Cilicmarin exposed you for what you are-a blatant LIAR! You still havent said AMEN to his challenge remember!

Anyway, all you have is a big mouth and a tiny keypad to type your hate-induced gibberish! You are goin to be doing this for a long long time to come u kno!

1 Like

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Princedapace(m): 9:27am On Dec 20, 2018
Ugosample:

exactly

Dont mind them. They wanted others to keep quiet while they do that and at the end, they will come up with news everywhere of how popular Buhari is. They may even come up with news of how PDP members hailed Buhari. U see what APC has turned this country into? They turned it into child's play. I av never seen a childish party like apc in my entire life. Why would ur members be shouting 'sai baba' 'sai, baba' in the national assembly. Is the national assembly a campaign ground? When the sai baba chant started, they started news of how house members were hailing Buhari and the thing got to their supporters' heads. Now, the opposition felt threatened and started theirs. As for me, both of them were wrong and if PDP must apologize, apc must apologize to Nigerians too.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Whazar(m): 9:31am On Dec 20, 2018
ericsmith:

you guys keeping shouting things are not working , as things ever worked in nigeria since time immemorial , blaming buhari .... its total madness when some agrieved tribe expect buhari to turn around nigeria in 4yrs from a decade of 58yrs ....what there broda could not do in 6yrs ,pdp couldnt so in 16yrs.... we've never witness a nass like the 8th senate ... how can the country move forward when the nass are more an opposition than a arm of govt.... do they even represent us .
what we saw in nass yesteday just proved the apc govt is not business as usual for the politicians.. there aggression n anger is about self interest ..
IF anybody will tell us apc is not working its not pdp who had 16yrs .... if you think going back to pdp is the next things then you guys need mental evaluation.
thanks to the igboman that was just shouting n embrassing is race on tv when buhari was talking .... the north got the message.
2019 election is now officially north vs east ... you think you can slap an hausa/fulani n go scotfree majority in the SW we are also with north.
I'm highly disappointed in this comment. well just to tell you, Buhari has always been part of the 58 years (he was governor, minister and head of state) and u are still worshipping most of these PDP looters ( Akpabio, Shehu Garba, El Rufai, Ganduje ,Ameaechi) were all PDP members during the 16 years of looting as u love calling it. I'm sure Atiku , Kwakwanso and the rest would have remained saints in your list if only they remained in APC
I have chosen not to be gullible anymore what about you?
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by stevenakp(m): 9:32am On Dec 20, 2018
This same people condemning the lawmakers would've supported them if this was done to the opposition party. This country is filled with hypocrites.

I don't support them neither do I condemn them. This is Karma.
Let him enjoy what he did to his predecessor.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Banter1(m): 9:43am On Dec 20, 2018
gaddafe:

Out of curiosity I have to ask: Does the American president order his presidential guard to shoot unarmed civilians?
Are we talking about shooting here? but why are you so D?
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by BrokenCock: 9:44am On Dec 20, 2018
There is a diff between living in the Freeworld and the Zoo
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by mushystuff: 9:45am On Dec 20, 2018
Prompto:
What I know is PDP will be paid back in its own coin when the time is due. Thank God Oshobaba if here to the rescue if Buhari chose to go slow.

APC is getting paid in its own coin first. They brought in the ant-infested woods of disrespect, propaganda and outright lies so they should deal with the outcome.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by mushystuff: 9:46am On Dec 20, 2018
I doubt if the zombie can respond objectively to this question.
gaddafe:

Out of curiosity I have to ask: Does the American president order his presidential guard to shoot unarmed civilians?
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Ten06(m): 9:49am On Dec 20, 2018
Civilize people, I hope Saraki and Dogara will also apologize to Buhari and Nigeria for the childish behavior the PDP lawmakers put up yesterday until we will finally send Buhari to Daura by February

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel / Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee / World Leaders Who Have Congratulated Joe Biden (List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.