Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:38 AM

Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After (37631 Views)

Obama’s Half-Brother, Malik Obama Endorses Trump For U.S. President / Trump Danger To The World, A Liar – Soyinka / President Joe Biden Wishes Barack Obama A Heartfelt: HAPPY BIRTHDAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by mushystuff: 9:49am On Dec 20, 2018
And you accuse Badeh so squarely because Buhari's government said so or because a court of competent jurisdiction had actually found him guilty and convicted him? I wonder why some of you reason the way you do. So what crimes did those murdered by armed robbers in various parts of the country commit before those attacks?
MartinCorridon:

Not supporting or denigrating Buhari here...

But if late Alex Badeh had not been so greedy about embezzling money meant for arms and security when he was Chief Of Defence staff, maybe, just maybe he would be alive today.

Thou shalt not speak ill of the dead, but hundreds of soldiers died ....thousands of civilians lost their lives as a consequence of Badeh sabotaging the Nation's security.

Karma has its way of dealing with people. Buhari is responsible for our security but Badeh too is complicit
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by dannybrasky(m): 9:51am On Dec 20, 2018
Wetin em talk here way em nor fit talk for P.H. ? Na guerrillas dey live for P.H??

Stop complicating issue oga! He was basically explaining how things are done in saner climes! And not this our ogogoro drinking country.
Bede2u:
the reason idiats like u still get mouth to dey support terrorist buhari is because of internet anonimity. Come talk wetin u just talk now for ph
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by mushystuff: 9:54am On Dec 20, 2018
deomelllo:
[[s][/s]

The same meaningless, thoughtless, lawless, anti social, crude and class ipob mentally rubbish.

Na una way na...when you see the truth staring you in the face you fall back on your lame, IPOB one-liner. Did your darling Bubu not say subsidy was a scam and that anybody whi said he was subsidising anything was a fraud? Suddenly he is setting money aside for subsidy in the national budget, the same thing they have been fraudulently calling 'under-recovery' and siphoning from NNPC without appropriation since 2015!
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Haritha100: 9:56am On Dec 20, 2018
[quote author=FarahAideed post=74004682]American presidents don't ago about protecting killer terrorist who have killed over 19 thousand people..Buhari is a liar and blood sucking demon .Vocal minority, always mention figure without Prof.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by mushystuff: 9:57am On Dec 20, 2018
What was the purpose of APC lawmakers screaming 'Sai baba' like crazed banshees? That is where the nonsense started form and quite frankly, the president deserves more than the booing/heckling he received.
GlorifiedTunde:

The Senate president doesn't seem to realize what dent this has caused him.

He couldn't put his house in order.

Useless congressmen!

No matter the disagreement with the executive arm, you should show some sense of decorum and conduct yourselves modestly.

It has only shown us how uncivil and dishonourable they are angry angry
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Bede2u(m): 9:57am On Dec 20, 2018
dannybrasky:
Wetin em talk here way em nor fit talk for P.H. ? Na guerrillas dey live for P.H??

Stop complicating issue oga! He was basically explaining how things are done in saner climes! And not this our ogogoro drinking country.
booing a bad president is part of democracy. He would knw this if gej was president
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by dannybrasky(m): 10:07am On Dec 20, 2018
Not on the Senate floor and not when budget presentation is on going sir/ma. All these men are elder states men! They don't need common sense to be told what,where,when and how the protest/booing should be done.

Bede2u:
booing a bad president is part of democracy. He would knw this if gej was president
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by manutdadex(m): 10:09am On Dec 20, 2018
Prompto:
What I know is PDP will be paid back in its own coin when the time is due. Thank God Oshobaba if here to the rescue if Buhari chose to go slow.
so u are saying apc is being paid for what they did to Jonathan
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by manutdadex(m): 10:12am On Dec 20, 2018
MartinCorridon:

Not supporting or denigrating Buhari here...

But if late Alex Badeh had not been so greedy about embezzling money meant for arms and security when he was Chief Of Defence staff, maybe, just maybe he would be alive today.

Thou shalt not speak ill of the dead, but hundreds of soldiers died ....thousands of civilians lost their lives as a consequence of Badeh sabotaging the Nation's security.

Karma has its way of dealing with people. Buhari is responsible for our security but Badeh too is complicit
u are stupid and heartless...so u justifying a man's death bros u felt he embezzled money?
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Felixv: 10:23am On Dec 20, 2018
FarahAideed:
American presidents don't ago about protecting killer terrorist who have killed over 19 thousand people..Buhari is a liar and blood sucking demon

American senators don’t dip their hands into the cookie jar. They don’t earn the outrageous amounts of money ours earned.

The least our overbloated greedy NASS members could have done was respect the ‘presedency’.

Have we forgotten the shameful acts of a couple of years ago when Dino was involved in a fight - right in front of a group of school children.

Irrespective of political affiliation there should be a sense of decorum.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by DJInfluence: 10:24am On Dec 20, 2018
dannybrasky:
grin grin grin apologies sir! grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:24am On Dec 20, 2018
This has come to stay. Did the opposition back then (APC) not do the same to Jonathan?

Everything evil they made that man go through in the name of activism they will reap in many folds
Jonathan was harrased but not up to what happened to buhari yesterday because the harvest can't be of same size as the seed sown

deomelllo:

This is a teaching moment for Nigeria and Nigerians in general. We copied democracy from America, but we practice democracy upside down.

Republicans and Democrats in America don't tolerate such disrespect and assault on the presidency, especially @ Congress.

The lawmaker was made to apologize to the president and to the general public.

The NASS leadership should have forced the lawmakers involved to apologize to the president or they themselves apologize on behalf of their members and their own failure to control their own NASS.

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by HomeOfMe(f): 10:36am On Dec 20, 2018
dannybrasky:
Sane country!! Not like ours.There are differences between chinonso of ajegunle and chukwudi of lekki. Even if the sky is falling,you would never see Yankee law makers acting like our chinonso of ajegunle.

I finally hit FTC! Get me a half iced/chilled/Smokey bottle of beer abeg. grin
Those are men with integrity.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by papaejima1: 10:36am On Dec 20, 2018
deomelllo:

This is a teaching moment for Nigeria and Nigerians in general. We copied democracy from America, but we practice democracy upside down.

Republicans and Democrats in America don't tolerate such disrespect and assault on the presidency, especially @ Congress.

The NASS leadership should have forced the lawmakers involved to apologize to the president or they themselves apologize on behalf of their members and their own failure to control their own NASS.

The American government too does not disobey court judgements and flout the rule of law

You reap what you sow. He sowed lawlessness and misbehavior, so he is reaping it in quantum values.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by troubleboi: 10:40am On Dec 20, 2018
ok o...
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 20, 2018
Whazar:

I'm highly disappointed in this comment. well just to tell you, Buhari has always been part of the 58 years (he was governor, minister and head of state) and u are still worshipping most of these PDP looters ( Akpabio, Shehu Garba, El Rufai, Ganduje ,Ameaechi) were all PDP members during the 16 years of looting as u love calling it. I'm sure Atiku , Kwakwanso and the rest would have remained saints in your list if only they remained in APC
I have chosen not to be gullible anymore what about you?

last i check akpabio, shehu garba ,EL rufai ganduje are not representation of my vote ... they are not even in the elms of affair that decides policies that govern me or even you ... i hope you live in nigeria not biafra ... amaechi remain the most efficient minister in tha apc administration.. a rail was commissioned in the north & lagos- ibadan rail is ongoing plus he had test run yesteday with some stakeholders onboard 152km ... a completion of that rail means i can travel from lagos to ibadan in 5Omin , heavy truck will be off the ibadan xpressway when completed .. n mental patient tells me their is no infrastructural process .. upon fallen cruel price & recession buhari as managed to do more than pdp 16yrs ...civil servants, pensioneers are paid .
useless pdp 2015 were saying the president is tew old
now 2018 buhari is lookin tew young to contest, same pdp shamelessly present us with a 72yrs old thieve ...btw pdp & there supporters who is more brainless. atiku was presented under ACN by our very own tinubu we did not vote for him ... i donnt av a problem with atiku living free but he lacks every quality of leadership. ... obj in his book could not say one good thing about atiku .. he knows him better than the igbo shouting support from the east. even with tinubu atiku came 3rd behind GEJ which means even the northerners voted more for gej than atiku ...buhari 2019 guaranteed
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:47am On Dec 20, 2018
mushystuff:
What was the purpose of APC lawmakers screaming 'Sai baba' like crazed banshees? That is where the nonsense started form and quite frankly, the president deserves more than the booing/heckling he received.

Yeah, both sides didn't observe the statesman decorum.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by 0monnak0da: 10:49am On Dec 20, 2018
Mccullum:
This is Nigeria and we do our things in accordance with our cultures, if some hailing Buhari by screaming Sai Baba while in US they can be applauding their president that is their culture...

If opposition here woo our president it also exposed our way of cultures to dishonouring our leaders... As opposition in US can't openly do that because it against their cultures

What is certain thing is that any one God honour no one can dishonoured it....

Sai Baba till 2019.
Which school did you attend? Queen's College ?
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by boss1310(m): 10:56am On Dec 20, 2018
... how can the country move forward when t
ericsmith:

IF anybody will tell us apc is not working its not pdp who had 16yrs .... if you think going back to pdp is the next things then you guys need mental evaluation.
thanks to the igboman that was just shouting n embrassing is race on tv when buhari was talking .... the north got the message.
2019 election is now officially north vs east ... you think you can slap an hausa/fulani n go scotfree majority in the SW we are also with north.
I just don't understand what you are talking about.the tribe,the party or whatever
look if you are a tribalist better know am not your guy as I seriously hate people who reason like that I mean it.Nigeria is my country and I live here,this is my fortieth year in the world and no place I know more than Nigeria.you never see me mention any party or person but what am sure is that the current leaders we have now in government aren't good enough and stop thinking that anyone who oppose them do so from tribal or party divide.you are a Nigerian and if you say we don't deserve better then you are not patriotic
stop talking about those who ruined the country in the past and try help install those that will make the country better
I see tribalists and party carrying individuals as fools cos someone will prefer to be suffering once its someone from their tribe or party.stop being sentimental this is your country you deserve better,vote according to your conscience even if the party is not popular
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by 0monnak0da: 10:56am On Dec 20, 2018
deomelllo:

how did we copy democracy from America
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Bede2u(m): 11:05am On Dec 20, 2018
dannybrasky:
Not on the Senate floor and not when budget presentation is on going sir/ma. All these men are elder states men! They don't need common sense to be told what,where,when and how the protest/booing should be done.

wat the hell are u talking about. If a president should receive cheers from his party members...then he should also receive boos from opposition.

Meanwhile boos has happened in ur 'saner climes'

https://qz.com/32710/video-uk-prime-minister-is-booed-in-parliament-and-by-press-victims-for-rejecting-press-law-idea/amp/

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/765642070/Ukrainian-PM-booed-in-parliament-after-snubbing-EU.amp

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/26/zimbabwes-president-mugabe-booed-in-parliament-over-economic-crisis
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by dannybrasky(m): 11:12am On Dec 20, 2018
Valid point bro! I like the fact that u backed it up with proofs! One bottle of Hennessey for you straight up! But must they all be acting like goro chewing break pad sellers from Niger.
Bede2u:
wat the hell are u talking about. If a president should receive cheers from his party members...then he should also receive boos from opposition.

Meanwhile boos has happened in ur 'saner climes'

https://qz.com/32710/video-uk-prime-minister-is-booed-in-parliament-and-by-press-victims-for-rejecting-press-law-idea/amp/

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/765642070/Ukrainian-PM-booed-in-parliament-after-snubbing-EU.amp

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/26/zimbabwes-president-mugabe-booed-in-parliament-over-economic-crisis

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by donnie(m): 11:32am On Dec 20, 2018

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 20, 2018
boss1310:
... how can the country move forward when t I just don't understand what you are talking about.the tribe,the party or whatever
look if you are a tribalist better know am not your guy as I seriously hate people who reason like that I mean it.Nigeria is my country and I live here,this is my fortieth year in the world and no place I know more than Nigeria.you never see me mention any party or person but what am sure is that the current leaders we have now in government aren't good enough and stop thinking that anyone who oppose them do so from tribal or party divide.you are a Nigerian and if you say we don't deserve better then you are not patriotic
stop talking about those who ruined the country in the past and try help install those that will make the country better
I see tribalists and party carrying individuals as fools cos someone will prefer to be suffering once its someone from their tribe or party.stop being sentimental this is your country you deserve better,vote according to your conscience even if the party is not popular

You guys donnt read what you type n see what it sounds like before you comments. you say i am tribalistic why not, even nigeria election 2015 had tribalism written all over it.
people say apc should stop blaming pdp 16yrs for apc incompetence, some patriotic but those same people are supporting pdp today chanting atiku ....
its not about me stop talking about people who ruined nigeria in the past, it should be a called to every sensible nigerians to stop supporting those leaders who ruined nigeria in the past .... if nigerians are tired of apc in just 4yrs ..fine!! let move to something new going back to pdp is the most foolish thing anyone should do.
they are quick to say donnt talk about the past but they are enrouting us to the past .... or is pdp/atiku not suppose to be part of the past we shuldnt talk of ...confused set of people
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Dedetwo(m): 12:23pm On Dec 20, 2018
deomelllo:

The reaction to Wilson's outburst, nevertheless, was punishing — even without the specter of official House action.

His Web site crashed, he took a beating on Twitter as Republicans and Democrats alike condemned his behavior.

Wilson bolted the chamber as soon as Obama was finished speaking. Shortly thereafter, he issued an apology and called the White House to deliver one to the president personally. But he ended up on the line with Rahm Emanuel, Obama's fiery chief of staff, instead.

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me," he said in a statement. "While I disagree with the president's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."

"I was embarrassed for the chamber and a Congress I love," Vice President Joe Biden said Thursday on ABC's "Good Morning America." "It demeaned the institution."

"I know that Congressman Wilson has issued an apology and made his thoughts known to the White House, which was the appropriate thing to do," said House Minority Whip Eric Cantor, R-Va. said.

Invoked the House's guest chaplain as the floor session opened Thursday: "Gracious God, we meet in a challenging moment of your history. We cannot control all that may endanger us, but we can choose our behavior and the example we set as leaders," said The Very Rev. George L.W. Werner, dean emeritus of Trinity Cathedral in Pittsburgh.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32767813/ns/politics-health_care_reform/t/obama-accepts-apology-wilson-outburst/#.XBq_mFxKjIU

However, Democrats are turning USA into Nigeria. In today's USA, Democrats are good at insulting the President. There is a reason Africans tend to vote Democrat in USA, they behave alike.

1 Like

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by boss1310(m): 12:30pm On Dec 20, 2018
ericsmith:

they are quick to say donnt talk about the past but they are enrouting us to the past .... or is pdp/atiku not suppose to be part of the past we shuldnt talk of ...confused set of people

you should also apply reading what u wrote before commenting cos I replied you cos you quote me saying things like tribe and parties now you ve started calling names of candidates.re read my first comment as the only name I mentioned there is Buhari and that's because the topic was about him.I don't care about candidates I care about and the man Buhari who I voted for in 2015 wasn't the answer to Nigeria's problem,he clearly doesn't know governance and its no argument cos you are in this country and experiencing it too.look I don't care if your APC field another capable candidate I will vote him but the man there now is wrong for the country. I personally prefer his deputy as President.
as for your Atiku and PDP people can vote who they like even Buhari but let's do it based on conscience but for me Buhari is already tried but not trusted.let another take over
and if i were you you should stop fighting people for their convictions and choices
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Dedetwo(m): 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2018
deomelllo:

In today's USA, democrats are very busy turning USA into a developing country such as Nigeria. They behave so silly and declare open season on the USA presidency. Honestly, Democrats will run USA down as they have done in most cities and states where they hold sway.

1 Like

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by degamemaster(m): 12:37pm On Dec 20, 2018
deomelllo:

And who would your useless dullard of president apologise to for messing the country up and calling the Nigerian youths "lazy" ?

Anyways, you're one of the lazy youths the idiotic animal talked about, I'm not supprised.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by salam1(m): 1:37pm On Dec 20, 2018
vinnex:
People are still camp in makeshift houses while their homes are occupied by killer herdsmen and the president is busy presenting more budget for killer herdsmen.. No focus president...
more budget from killers headsmen how, u know dey fear God?
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Gentew(m): 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2018
yerokunphilips:
It's only a foolish son that disgrace his father publicly

you are right about that but it's normal in this case because their is non existing father and son relationship
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by deomelllo: 2:09pm On Dec 20, 2018
Jomark:
Oga go and sit down. Has Obama ever called American youths lazy? Buhari is been dished his own pie...imagine the great dullard saying we are above this, the world is watching us...nonsense.

So, you are allowed to be uncivilized, rude, crass, unrully, insult and call other people names just because Obama did not call youths lazy youths?

Is this the reason why youuay act barbaric like an animals?

You see how we Reetarded you sound.?

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by deomelllo: 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2018
[s]
degamemaster:

And who would your useless dullard of president apologise to for messing the country up and calling the Nigerian youths "lazy" ?

Anyways, you're one of the lazy youths the idiotic animal talked about, I'm not supprised.
[/s]

Typical ignorant and unintelligent ipob unrully and anti social mentality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Donald Trump Lost America - Bloomberg / British Police Force Demands Anyone That Wants To Join Must Learn Yoruba, Italia / Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.