Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: (1008 Views)

Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP / APC PRIMARIES UPDATE : Atiku Debunks Buhari's Endorsement By APC Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: by smile4kenn(m): 1:36pm On Apr 16, 2007
Some few hours ago, Atiku was cleared to campaign. Our dream come true for the new Nigeria. He is the only Weapon for the PDP destruction,

A president Nigeria will definately have,
The best has just arrived
Re: Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: by OlukunleJ(m): 1:47pm On Apr 16, 2007
whats your source
Re: Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: by babasin(m): 1:49pm On Apr 16, 2007
YES

Nigeria's Supreme Court has ruled that Vice-President Atiku Abubakar should be allowed to contest Saturday's presidential elections.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6558801.stm

Now let see what OBJ and IWU gonna do and this better be FREE and FAIR election
Re: Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: by dapsycool(m): 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2007
Atiku a confirmed criminal will never win,if he does i will re-nationalise to Burundi
Re: Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: by McKren(m): 2:06pm On Apr 16, 2007
Well then so be it, if the supreme court says so.

He should test his popularity at the polls.
Re: Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: by Tonyblu(m): 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2007
I sincerely hope we are not forgetting that ATIKU has been part-and-parcel of a very corrupt administration. We shld also not forget that he's a corrupt individual too by all standards.

I am not a PDP apologist, in fact, I HATE PDP; but bcx ATIKU hates PDP too does not mean I shld like him.

By all standards, ATIKU is NOT qualified to be the president of this country, Naija!

Many of us may VOTE for ATIKU out of sympathy, and out of the NEED to spite Obj & PDP; but thisis not the SOLUTION.
We shld not elect a criminal to chase of another criminal. I can assure you, among other things, ATIKU is seeking to get IMMUNITY as President, and then we'll be in for another 4-8 years of NASTY rule.

Agreed, PDP/Obj is full of BULL-SH*T, but it is no basis to bring in another CRIMINAL.

We have all seen how nasty and unfair the election process still is in many States, so we have to carefully seek to elect a President that will be for the have the masses in mind. Bcx if ATIKU gets INTO power, he will forget you and I, just as his boss, Obj did then.

A word is enuff for the wise!
Re: Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: by aminuyaro: 2:23pm On Apr 16, 2007
Guys, i believe this is an outstanding judgement, it shows even as the nigerian democracy has become barbaric, our judicial arm is still intact. Lets open our eyes and pray for the country and the next few days are gonna be very difficult for nigerian ppl. OBJ has already call it a do or die affair and this is the time he's gonna put it to practice. OBJ VS ATIKU! I hope it ends well. For all I know they are both trying to cover their asses. Atiku wins, OBJ is in trouble. Yar aduwa wins ATIKU is in trouble. Atiku could only be safe for a little while if ANPP wins. They are gonna be alot of arrest and court battles in couple of months, brace urself. I dont know who can honestly take nigeria forward but Buhari, and he has a grudge and revengeful agenda which we dont need now.

Where are all the honest selfless and educated nigeria, how come we always get assholes to rule our beloved country?
Somebody answer me.
[/b][/b]
Re: Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: by HENRIS(m): 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2007
this is a great moment nigerians have been waiting for, shame to PDP.
Re: Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: by charlo(m): 2:41pm On Apr 16, 2007
i wonder why some people still want atiku to run. politics or not, the fact that his boss could not trust him is enough danger signal. I watched one of his campains where he referred to obasanjo's government (a government he was part of for 8 years)as a failure. that was an error of the highest order. Why would he want to rule us for another 8 years, Is he trying to finish this country up abi dem send am? He should Just respect himself and follow his partner in crime. Lets us have a fill of new personality and integrity. I think I am ok with Pat Utomi, Buhari or even Yaradua. But not Atiku
Re: Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: by IykeD1(m): 3:11pm On Apr 16, 2007
Good for him - let him spend more of that stolen wealth to achieve what will amount
to nothing.

What this ultimately means is that it reduces Buhari's chance of winning or coming
close. The lessons of this past weekend goes to show that not until our politicians
truly learn the meaning of forming alliances, they will never stand a chance against
the well oil-ed machine of PDP.

Without being a genius, I can tell you up front that the flash point for Saturday will
be that Atiku's name is missing from some of the ballots or his picture is omitted, he
will cry foul but it won't be enough to change the outcome.

What a country, always flirting with danger and on the brink of total collapse. . . If
anything at all, the next assembly needs to clarify INEC's role in the constitution and
also whether a VP can switch parties and still retain his office as these are recipes
for future disaster.
Re: Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: by saintchux(m): 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2007
The issue is not Atiku but rule of law. If OBJ does not trust Atiku, OBJ is not Nigeria. He has only one vote out of 61 million. He should not use mago mago to disqualify Atiku.

I love the gentlemen at the supreme court. they are doing their job very well.

Look at ondo and Edo state were the people's wish were subverted. Just that senate pre4sident start crying foul on time that is why they cancelled Enugu, but refuse to cancel House of Assembly. I wonder house the governorship election could be marred, but Assembly that was done on the same table was free.

Long live Iwu! Long live INEC
Re: Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: by doshbass(m): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2007
aminuyaro:

Where are all the honest selfless and educated nigeria, how come we always get assholes to rule our beloved country?
Somebody answer me.[/b][/b][/b][/font]

The honest truth is that a honest selfless and educated nigerian (as you put it) will never want to risk his life protesting for the seat of the president in an election that is full of violence, corruption, rigging and even pre determined before the election starts. and even before the election alot of dirty games happen like assasisination and the stupid Godfatherism.

You have to be spiritually strong, corrupt and ready to cheat to win an election in nigeria. A Normal Qualified Person has no chance.
Thats Nigerian democracy for you
Re: Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: by dblock(m): 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2007
If Atiku wins, I'm going to get Iraqi Citizenship or Afghanistani citizenship.
Re: Update: Atiku Cleared: The Best Just Arrived: by raxikool(m): 4:31pm On Apr 16, 2007
i think the problem also is from the court, cos one court rules that INEC has no power to disqualify, the other says INEC has the power to disqualify, to say that our Judges don't even know what they are doing.

(1) (Reply)

2007 Presidential Polls; To Celebrate Or Not? / Good News! As With Odi, Nig Armed Forces to Wipe Out Bastard Ijaw Kidnappers / BBC Reporting Sierra Leone Elections & EU Recommendations To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.