Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline (9431 Views)

NNPC Speaks On Fuel Scarcity: Tinubu Had Woken The Sleeping Giant / NNPC Speaks On Explosion At NPDC’s Benin River Valve Station / NNPC Speaks On Mass Retrenchment Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by 6Ebisco: 7:36am On Dec 20, 2018
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has shutdown fuel supply on system 2B pipeline, the installation rocked by an early morning fire at densely populated Abule Egba area of Lagos State, on Wednesday.

DAILY POST earlier reported that several vehicles were at the early hours of Wednesday burnt beyond recognition at Ebule Egba area of Lagos in a fire explosion caused by activities of suspected pipeline vandals.

Residential and commercial houses were also affected.

Group General manager, Group Public Affairs division of NNPC, Ndu Ughamadu, in a statement said that the Group Managing Director of Corporation, Dr. Maikainti Baru, has directed the Nigerian Pipelines and Storage Company to carry out full investigation of the incident and effect immediate repairs of affected portion.

The corporation said the swift action was a precautionary move by its subsidiary, Pipelines and Products Marketing Company (PPMC), which aided the extinguishing of the raging inferno.

The statement read in part: “System 2B is the pipeline that is used to transport refined petroleum products from Atalas Cove to depots in Satellite Town, Ejigbo in Lagos; Mosimi in Ogun State; Ibadan in Oyo State; Ore in Ondo State and Ilorin in Kwara State.

“While the whole stretch of the pipeline has been the target of vandals in the past, the section at Abule Egba has also been a notorious spot through, which scores of lives have been lost in the past.

“The Wednesday’s vandalisation and resultant fire incident on the pipeline in Abule Egba area of Lagos would however not affect petroleum products distribution during the Christmas season.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/20/nnpc-speaks-abulegba-explosion-shuts-system-2b-pipeline/

1 Like

Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:43am On Dec 20, 2018
While the whole stretch of the pipeline has been the target of vandals in the past, the section at Abule Egba has also been a notorious spot through, which scores of lives have been lost in the past.

This must definitely have been going on for a long time without the people living around there not reporting to the authority.
In sane societies, it is members of a community that get in touch with the authorities to report any illegal activity going on in their surroundings.
We will get there someday.

WHAT A BLACK WEDNESDAY

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by inoki247: 7:43am On Dec 20, 2018
My prayer for 2019 is Glo Network get faster dan Usain Bolt..

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by festusbiz(m): 7:44am On Dec 20, 2018
The fire outbreak was very serious
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by theoldpretender(m): 7:44am On Dec 20, 2018
It is really sad that in Nigeria we cannot control pipeline vandalisim.

We ought to improve enforcement.
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by amoduganja: 7:44am On Dec 20, 2018
hiaan
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 20, 2018
Which people dae live for abulegba? Make I know if to give a f,uvk or not?
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 20, 2018
Good morning nairalanders
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:45am On Dec 20, 2018
My thoughts and prayers are with the affected families.
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by lonelydora: 7:47am On Dec 20, 2018
Come oooo, petrol should not scarce. I no wan hear anything this festive period
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by SweetBuns(f): 7:48am On Dec 20, 2018
Trust me, its all a ploy to monopolize and create hoarding of fuel this festive season.
Watch how one pipe line will cause Nationwide fuel scarcity. NNPC must make Christmas money at all cost

1 Like

Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:48am On Dec 20, 2018
lonelydora:
It won't be scarce , don't worry Dora! cheesy

The Wednesday’s vandalisation and resultant fire incident on the pipeline in Abule Egba area of Lagos would however not affect petroleum products distribution during the Christmas season.
lonelydora:

Thank you for the assurance. When are you sending my Christmas BBQ?
Lol , we gat you on the 24th Dora.
Trust us!
But are you ready to eat on the same table with PMB?!
Cos We know you don't like him o! cheesy
But he likes you so much!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by iamjustified(m): 7:48am On Dec 20, 2018
This is Nigeria
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by Pavore9: 7:48am On Dec 20, 2018
The sad reality is that it is going to happen again......vandalism and explosion.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by sam2kenny: 7:49am On Dec 20, 2018
A friend lost all cars in his car lot
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by hisgrace090: 7:49am On Dec 20, 2018
Another bad happening!

Trying to survive at all cost equals to madness.
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by lonelydora: 7:50am On Dec 20, 2018
Okay
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by hisgrace090: 7:51am On Dec 20, 2018
lonelydora:

If not next year election!
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by lonelydora: 7:51am On Dec 20, 2018
post=74009247:

It won't be scarce , don't worry Dora! cheesy

The Wednesday’s vandalisation and resultant fire incident on the pipeline in Abule Egba area of Lagos would however not affect petroleum products distribution during the Christmas season.

Thank you for the assurance. When are you sending my Christmas BBQ?
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by checkolatunji: 7:52am On Dec 20, 2018
May God safe our dear naij

Check siggy
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by fr3do(m): 7:52am On Dec 20, 2018
You extract crude from the Niger delta, carry it to the north to refine and/or store.
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 20, 2018
Warning don't look at my signature or you might win cash for Xmas..
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by jellington: 7:55am On Dec 20, 2018
Are the Vandals ghost?unfortunately these are the consequences of i am not concern it is government properties.
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by Mutemenot(m): 7:55am On Dec 20, 2018
[quote author= post=74009154]While the whole stretch of the pipeline has been the target of vandals in the past, the section at Abule Egba has also been a notorious spot through, which scores of lives have been lost in the past.

This must definitely have been going on for a long time without the people living around there not reporting to the authority.
In sane societies, it is members of a community that get in touch with the authorities to report any illegal activity going on in their surroundings.
We will get there someday.

[b]WHAT A BLACK WEDNESDAY
VANDALS work with our arm forces So reporting them amounts to nothing . Come to SS and see how our force men eat fat from vandals

1 Like

Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by Didi2d(m): 7:56am On Dec 20, 2018
This might be the reason we couldn't dispense CNG all through yesterday at my office
Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by ba7man(m): 7:56am On Dec 20, 2018
uniqueboi:
Which people dae live for abulegba? Make I know if to give a f,uvk or not?
Terry G dey live for Abule Egba.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Speaks On Abulegba Explosion, Shuts Down System 2B Pipeline by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 20, 2018
Ikotun own is at risky

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike / We Are Bent On Winning 2023 Presidential Poll With Peter Obi - LP Chieftain / Life Pension: SERAP Asks Court To Order 36 Govs To Publish Payment Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.