Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Iphone 3g With Glo, Trying To Enable 3g - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 3g With Glo, Trying To Enable 3g (2039 Views)

The Galaxy Mega 6.3 Enigma: How To Enable 3G (4G). / What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? / Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 3g With Glo, Trying To Enable 3g by Dagash95: 12:37am On Aug 05, 2010
So what's up just joined this site.

I just came back from living in Houston for 6 Years, and i got my iphone with me jailbroken and unlocked ( Btw i am not an iphone noob, im a moderator at a premier iphone jailbreak site) lol.
but got glo and i need to enable the settings for internet

texazzpete i saw that you had the way to do this.

but if anybdy knows how to do it, it would really be great.
thx
Re: Iphone 3g With Glo, Trying To Enable 3g by donugapi(m): 11:03am On Aug 05, 2010
Try getting Zain. I think its a bit easier, I'm not too sure but i think so, Just ask around smiley
Re: Iphone 3g With Glo, Trying To Enable 3g by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:22pm On Aug 05, 2010
nah activating 3G on glo is a bit problematic.

thing is u gonna have to part with some money i.e subscribe to one of their "plans" cheapest being #500 gloflat plan that lasts 24 hrs and gives usage of 150mb.

then comes the catch, that subscription is most likely gonna be money down the drain cos it wont work till they activate u for 3g, they will probably do that when you call customer care and disturb them /harrass them and then will probably also become active the next day that is after 24 hrs!!

i know cos i have gone thru that twice trying to help friends activate, the last one being 3 days ago. its crazy, but thats nigeria's definition of "world class service" for u.

best bet would be to walk into a glo shop, sweeet talk someone there to activate your line for u within say 6 hrs and part with the money for subscription (that is vital else no dice)

in short they will swindle you out of some money, and will activate for you only if u harrass them sufficiently!!!!
Re: Iphone 3g With Glo, Trying To Enable 3g by lynxnoon(m): 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2010
@Dagash
i would advice u to do wat d poster above adviced cos glo3g is way better dan zain n for u to enjoy zain 3g u have to get dia data sim wich is like "looking for a needle in a haystack"
i activated 3 glo lines for 3g services but dat was long b4 it became very difficult to activate via fone again.
Anoda tin is, ensure u r within coverage area or all ur effort mite be futile.
cheers

(1) (Reply)

Iphone Killer Apps Section! Pls Help Me Out / EXCLUSIVE: Elephone P7000 Pioneer Hands On Review - by TechLector / Tech: How To Send APK, PDF, ZIP & Other Files On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.