Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery (3492 Views)

FG Charges Ex-firs Officials With Forgery, Impersonation / Leadership Newspaper Journalists Charged With Forgery- Pm News, Lagos / Efcc Charges Jimoh Ibrahim With Forgery, Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by Nobody: 4:50am On Aug 05, 2010
[size=18pt]Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery
[/size]

An insurance agent, Charles Okorodudu, 34 with the American International Insurance (AIICO) PLC, has been arrested by the police at the Bar Beach Police Station, Lagos, Nigeria for allegedly forging Okorodudu Global Sports Ltd. letterhead paper to defraud Ohaegbulem Cosmos Papillo of N70,000.
He was alleged to have collected the money on the pretext of issuing him life policy with AIICO, a claim he knew to be false.

The suspect was also accused of forging a Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, Lagos, document with reference number Sub/LASUTH/302, dated 17 April, 2009 entitled: Re-one Roland O. Abrifor. Verication of Medical Certificate of Cause of Death, purported to have been signed by one Mrs. E. Y. Adeyemi, Chief Medical Director and Dr. A. Olaosebikan to claim the life policy insurance claims of one Roland Abrifor from AIICO Insurance Plc.
Police investigation revealed that the suspect introduced the two complainants to AIICO to perfect their life insurance policy and was paid N200,000 as his agent fee.
The suspect was said to have returned to the company and claimed that the two people had died in a motor accident and that the families of the deceased had mandated him to collect their claims which the management disputed.
Nemesis caught up with the suspect when he went to AIICO headquarters on Victoria Island, Lagos with forged documents, including birth certificate, corpse release form issued by the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, police report on the false death of Roland O. Abrifor Oke and Okorodudu David Iniwore, to claim millions of naira.

The company invited the police after disowning the documents and discovering the people he claimed were dead are still alive.
He was arrested and arraigned before the Tinubu Magistrate’s Court on an eight-count charge to commit felony, to wit, forgery, fraud and stealing, an offence contrary to and punishable under Sections 516, 467(L), 390 and 509 of the Criminal Code, Cap. C.17, Vol. 2, Laws of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2003.
The accused pleaded not guilty to the charge and the magistrate granted him bail in the sum of N50,000 with two sureties in like sum and adjourned the matter.

SOURCE. . . .
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by MaziUche0(m): 5:40am On Aug 05, 2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DISCLAIMER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The insurance agent is not an Igbo [/b]man! I repeat, he is not an [b]Igbo [/b]man. He is [b]Itsekiri!

This was for all the tribalist who may descend on this thread thinking that the man is Igbo because of the [b]Okoro[/b]dudu found in his name.

That is all.
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by Nobody: 5:41am On Aug 05, 2010
LMSBO grin grin grin grin grin grin "
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by chiogo(f): 5:43am On Aug 05, 2010
Gators, what's with the recent high rate of thread-opening?
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by Nobody: 5:44am On Aug 05, 2010
chiogo:

Gators, what's with the recent high rate of thread-opening?
I get paid for this cheesy
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by chiogo(f): 5:45am On Aug 05, 2010
I thought as much.

No no, even better. An excuse to chat with you-know-who. tongue Carry on jare.
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by Nobody: 5:46am On Aug 05, 2010
chiogo:

I thought as much.

No no, even better. An excuse to chat with you-know-who. tongue Carry on jare.

OMG, wow. . . chidinkwuchi, you caught me cry tongue
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by chiogo(f): 5:49am On Aug 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

OMG, wow. . . chidinkwuchi, you caught me cry tongue
grin grin Haha, I miss the non-existent names you give me. I just know you don't care about naija politics/related issues. grin
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by Nobody: 5:51am On Aug 05, 2010
chiogo:

grin grin Haha, I miss the non-existent names you give me. I just know you don't care about naija politics/related issues. grin
Oh let the devil be shamed!!! grin grin grin It's true.

Answer me on FB angry tongue
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by THEAMAKA(f): 5:54am On Aug 05, 2010
lol, wow
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by chiogo(f): 5:54am On Aug 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Oh let the devil be shamed!!! grin grin grin It's true.

Answer me on FB angry tongue
Am I good or what? lmfao

I answered you.
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by Nobody: 5:57am On Aug 05, 2010
chiogo:

Am I good or what? lmfao

I answered you.
Baby, you are the fuxing best grin
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by chiogo(f): 6:01am On Aug 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Baby, you are the fuxing best grin
Thank you x3. You're far too kind.
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by THEAMAKA(f): 6:05am On Aug 05, 2010
lol again tongue
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by OAM4J: 6:17am On Aug 05, 2010
hmnnnn. Yes i read, but I saw nothing, I understand nothing and i say nothing lipsrsealed
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by seyibrown(f): 3:50pm On Aug 05, 2010

The insurance agent is not an Igbo man! I repeat, he is not an Igbo man. He is Itsekiri!

This was for all the tribalist who may descend on this thread thinking that the man is Igbo because of the Okorodudu found in his name.

That is all.

Why na? If the news na say this 'Okoro' man invent 'water fuelled' engine for cars you go claim am reach heaven! grin grin. Abeg, no do your bros like dat!
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by MaziUche0(m): 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2010
seyibrown:

Why na? If the news na say this 'Okoro' man invent 'water fuelled' engine for cars you go claim am reach heaven! grin grin. Abeg, no do your bros like dat!

Yes, I would claim him. lol But dis b Itsekiri man, not an Igbo. grin
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by OAM4J: 4:03pm On Aug 05, 2010
MaziUche0:

Yes, I would claim him. lol But dis b Itsekiri man, not an Igbo. grin

Evidence please!
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by asha80(m): 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2010
OAM4J:

Evidence please!

As a yoruba person whom the itsekiris are more related to(or even part of) you should know better.

http://www.facebook.com/family/Okorodudu/1
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by OAM4J: 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2010
asha 80:

As a yoruba person whom the itsekiris are more related to(or even part of) you should know better.

http://www.facebook.com/family/Okorodudu/1

hahaha lol. just go ahead and tell me it is a Yoruba name

Anyway, I didnt know Okorodudu is an Itsekiri name, but I know Okoro to be 'Igboish' grin
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by AloyEmeka8: 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2010
MaziUche0:

The insurance agent is not an Igbo [/b]man! I repeat, he is not an [b]Igbo [/b]man. He is [b]Itsekiri!

This was for all the tribalist who may descend on this thread thinking that the man is Igbo because of the [b]Okoro[/b]dudu found in his name.

That is all.

As long as there is okoro in the name. That is all that matters. If you want to add Dudu to it, na you sabi after all nairaland removed the RI in ibori's name and claimed he is igbo. His name is actually James Ibo and not Ibori and because of that, he is igbo. Where is Bk/babe? grin grin grin
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by seanet02: 5:01pm On Aug 05, 2010
okoro minus dudu is ibo
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by AloyEmeka8: 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2010
seanet02:

okoro minus dudu is ibo

Don't you think the journalist just added DUDU to confuse readers and make the guy look non igbo. Nchara and Mekus will soon come and claim the guy is Yoruba. so be watchful before they take you from the back.
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by OAM4J: 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2010
^^^ Dudu sounds Yoruba, it means Black. The man might be a Yoruba. grin
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by THEAMAKA(f): 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2010
get back to the topic, sheesh. . .
losers.
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by seanet02: 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2010
@OAM, then what is the meaning of OKORO? Is that also a YORUBA name?
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by AloyEmeka8: 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2010
OAM4J:

^^^ Dudu sounds Yoruba, it means Black. The man might be a Yoruba.  grin

OR half igbo -half Yoruba: what do you think?
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by OAM4J: 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2010
seanet02:

@OAM, then what is the meaning of OKORO? Is that also a YORUBA name?

Are you sure there was no mistake, that might be IROKO which is a Yoruba name, so I guess the name is Irokodudu - Pure Yoruba name  grin

Aloy_Emeka:

OR half igbo -half Yoruba: what do you think?

No I doubt. may be 90% Yoruba 9% Niger delta and 1% Igbo. I bet the man speaks Yoruba language fluently cos he lives in Lagos  grin
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 05, 2010
OMG.

You ppl are just terrible. TERRIBLE!!!!

Address the topic jor. Terrible ppl
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by AloyEmeka8: 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2010
OAM4J:

Are you sure there was no mistake, that might be IROKO which is a Yoruba name, so I guess the name is Irokodudu - Pure Yoruba name  grin

Or may be Ileke-dudu cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2010
Look at this Dudu.Emeka. No comment.
Re: Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery by OAM4J: 5:36pm On Aug 05, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Or may be Ileke-dudu cheesy cheesy cheesy

Brilliant! Ileke Idi can confirm that for us, I guess her ileke is 'dudu' cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia Govt Employs 4,500 Youths To Work At The State’s Environmental Agency / Jonathan On The Path To Humiliation As S/E Get Least Number Of Eligible Voters / De Potter College Of Health Technology Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.