Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here (12973 Views)

Experienced Cucumber Farmers / � Turkey Farmers Let's Meet Here / Broiler Farmers Let's Come Together And Achieve Our Goal This December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:49am On Apr 22, 2019
My cukes are about 4weeks old now. Applied fertilizer twice so far. Major problem is with staking, they don't seem to like the ropes, so they decided to grow around t
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by scorpio1(m): 9:41pm On May 27, 2019
That staking is not easy at all and cost a lot to buy the ropes.
Intending to plant this week and leave it to grow like that without staking.
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:25pm On May 28, 2019
scorpio1:
That staking is not easy at all and cost a lot to buy the ropes.
Intending to plant this week and leave it to grow like that without staking.

Won't advice to do so. Planted CU999 n staked quite late. Couldn't get all of them to climb the stakes

Effect? Some cukes got spoilt underneath the leaves before I could even notice them.

However, compared to the Murano I planted, size of Cu was JUST TOO BIG. Biggest cukes I've ever seen, same goes for anyone that saw it.
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by lahify(m): 8:36pm On May 28, 2019
hello dear nlders please how would you rate your experience cultivating monalisa F1
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by okoroemeka(m): 10:00pm On May 28, 2019
Yampotatocarrot:

Won't advice to do so. Planted CU999 n staked quite late. Couldn't get all of them to climb the stakes

Effect? Some cukes got spoilt underneath the leaves before I could even notice them.

However, compared to the Murano I planted, size of Cu was JUST TOO BIG. Biggest cukes I've ever seen, same goes for anyone that saw it.
I think cu 999 is the biggest cucumber variety in Nigeria now,I can't forget the first time I took a load of harvested cu 999 to akwata in ogbete market,enugu,the hausa guys from North that brought other goods cannot believe it's cucumbers they are seeing,that batch was silly big,65-70 pieces will fill a bag of 35-40kg weight.
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by kripen(m): 5:00pm On Jun 01, 2019
Please this is a pilot project. Any sachet foliar spray I can use in this small farm. Great farmers am I doing it well from the pix

Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by TrixieC: 9:39am On Sep 06, 2019
Goldenfalcon:
Pests are very irritating, the reason being they come at a time when you searching for some peace and do they do disturb your peace.

While pests are a year-round nuisance, but some of them become most active in warmer months of the year. Household pests like bed bugs, cockroaches, ants and termites love summers and they are already out to scare you. From bedrooms to toilets and to kitchens, they can be found anywhere . Pests thus become worst nightmare if the situation is not handled properly.Due to hot and humid temperature pests have become a routine and have haunted the lives of all residents and I too have a very bad experience with the pests before I hired pest control company.

Garlic – Mix finely chopped garlic with water and spray around the area where you think they can enter through.
Peppermint – Peppermint acts as a Pied Piper of Hamelin of 21st century. It is the most effective natural product used to keep rodents away. In fact, sometimes pest control services also use this method as a primary step. You can simply soak cotton balls in 100% pure peppermint oil and place them around areas where mice can get in. An alternative way is to mix the peppermint oil with water and use it as a spray. Make sure to replace the cotton balls every 2-4 weeks.
The next important tip is to inspect your home on every weekend. Look around every possible hole and gap especially near your desk, wardrobe, kitchen chimney and pipe entrance. Building with crawl arena is at high risk of rodent infestation.

I like this post. I'm a seasoned farmer myself and I would say pests may cause nuisance almost every day, but I agree that they are more active during warmer months in Summer and Autumn. While house pests are easier to locate and deal with, the outdoor ones are far more difficult to get rid of.
From my experience, when to protect your garden you should spread both natural ingredients and baits from the shop. This garlic spray recipe is very effective against pests especially aphids and cabbage worms. While ants are more stubborn and require something more powerful. I would recommend getting a few dust traps as mentioned here https://pestcontrolhacks.com/top-6-best-ant-traps-reviewed-how-to-choose-the-ant-trap-to-solve-your-problem/ and spread them on the borders of your garden. It works well with house protection too. Usually, such traps kill ants almost instantly.
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by dedons: 6:51am On Sep 07, 2019
Nice work guys
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Ifyz0001: 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2019
Pls any cucumber farmer in Lagos?
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by milvet(f): 6:31am On Sep 10, 2019
I am starting cucumber farming this weekend..I will appreciate any advice and encouragement cry. Starting with murano
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 10, 2019
milvet:
I am starting cucumber farming this weekend..I will appreciate any advice and encouragement cry. Starting with murano

Wish you the best dear sister! Pls post any challenges or breakthroughs here so that others can learn from you
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Atlanticfire: 2:32pm On Nov 10, 2019
Nice thread. I want to start cucumber this month. Still trying to decide which seed to plant
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Atlanticfire: 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2019
Is there any cucumber variety that one can grow without pruning?
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by dedons: 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2019
vosquare:
Good evening people, this thread is created based on cucumber farming. Let's share ideas we use and result of hardwork smiley
Hello bro, please I need you contact.

I need to speak with you urgently.
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by dorispray: 4:46am On Nov 12, 2019
Atlanticfire:
Is there any cucumber variety that one can grow without pruning?
unfortunately I don't think there's any cucumber plant variety that doesn't requires pruning except if you decide on your own not to prune the plant.
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by abolaji62(m): 10:21am On Nov 14, 2019
Abro perishable vegetable fruit seller
Can help you sell all your Corp you have in farm...tomato cucumber chille pepper belle pepper butter nut marrow okro eggplant raddish etc. You can contact us on 08164853900 or join our whatsapp group https://https:///LXK092QGXEvBkFAJe4wnUT
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by abolaji62(m): 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2019
Abro perishable vegetable fruit seller
Can help you sell all your Corp you have in farm...tomato cucumber chille pepper belle pepper butter nut marrow okro eggplant raddish etc. You can contact us @Shop 14 mile12 international lagos:call this 08164853900 or join our whatsapp group https:///LXK092QGXEvBkFAJe4wnUT
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Jackzillionaire(m): 8:41pm On Feb 05, 2020
Please whats the best pesticides for flowering plants?

And i also want to know the best fertilizers to use for 6weeks old plants that are still very stunted?

I need help...
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by okoroemeka(m): 12:58am On Feb 06, 2020
Jackzillionaire:
Please whats the best pesticides for flowering plants?

And i also want to know the best fertilizers to use for 6weeks old plants that are still very stunted?

I need help...
stunted growth is part of harmattan p oblems
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by JoyceC(f): 1:05pm On Feb 18, 2020
Nice. Any updates?
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by faetth: 1:26pm On Feb 18, 2020
Make use of Ethrin to regulate your plant growth. It for cucumber,tomatoes,sugarcan e.t.c

Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Jackzillionaire(m): 6:27pm On Feb 19, 2020
faetth:
Make use of Ethrin to regulate your plant growth. It for cucumber,tomatoes,sugarcan e.t.c

I guess this one is better than agrovet. How is it applied?
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Jackzillionaire(m): 6:28pm On Feb 19, 2020
faetth:

I guess its better than agrovet. How is it applied?
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by abolaji62(m): 10:30am On Apr 15, 2020
Abro perishable and vegetable fruit seller of Nigeria
Can help you sells all your crop you have in farm like
Tomato marrow cucumber green pepper water melon
Green chille rodo okro and etc ..our own is just to remove 10% in any price we sell it, for more info you can cantact us on :shop10 mile12 international market lagos or call 09033053043 or join our whatsapp group: https:///LXK092QGXEvBkFAJe4wnUT ...... thanks for your patronize
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by AgroHortiponics: 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
I sell mulch film. Silver/black. I have both 1.2m x 300m and 1.5m x 300m. Contact me on 07035037656
scorpio1:

Where and how can I get this plastic? And when is the right time to apply it, when the seeds germinate or before?
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:14am On Apr 18, 2020
abolaji62:
Abro perishable and vegetable fruit seller of Nigeria
Can help you sells all your crop you have in farm like
Tomato marrow cucumber green pepper water melon
Green chille rodo okro and etc ..our own is just to remove 10% in any price we sell it, for more info you can cantact us on :shop10 mile12 international market lagos or call 09033053043 or join our whatsapp group: https:///LXK092QGXEvBkFAJe4wnUT ...... thanks for your patronize

Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Sammyhoney: 8:17am On Apr 19, 2020
Pollination is one of the major challenges of cucumber farming.... To ensure high productivity, pollinating of the crops like cucumber should be taken care of and what better ways can we pollinate the crop than engaging the best pollinating agent which is honey bee?
That is one of our area of Specialization @SammyHoneybee with lots experiences and success feedbacks from our partner' farms. Contact us for more detail via whatsap/call 08135690094 or email 'Sammyhoneybee@gmail.com'
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Pastorkay2(m): 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2020
Pls any info on how to get cucumber seed in ekiti state,
Murano,greengo, or monalisa.
Call me if you have it at ekiti state:08060048039
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Bossb5: 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2020
Pls is there anyone that sells saira F1 around Ado ekiti.... Urgently needed...
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Giantfarmer(m): 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2020
hi great Farmers pls help.
can I alternate fowl dropping for cow dung in cultivating cucumbers ..cus fowl dropping is scarce in my area if yes how can I use ite
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Chinedumagnus05(m): 3:45pm On Dec 29, 2020
Tutorials!! Tutorials!! Tutorials!!

Become a Programmer/Developer( Web and App)

Join our Executive Classes in:
1. Web Development: using html, CSS , JavaScript, node. js, react.js angular etc.
2. App Development: Android, Apple ios

For Enquiries call: 07016551055
Re: Cucumber Farmers, Let's Meet Here by Miracle13: 5:22pm On Mar 03, 2021
Please I want to embark on cucumber farming although I have cultivated and lost for two times please I need a guide to start and also fungicides, insecticides and herbicides to use

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Palm Oil Farmers Let's Meet Here / My Dry Season Irrigation Sack Farming (photo Speak) / Groundnut Farming At Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.