Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,900 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) (51297 Views)

Fear Grips Residents As Touts Operate Under Lagos Bridge / Kadaria Ahmed Condemns BBC Documentary About Banditry / When Election Candidates Meet Vs When Supporters Meet. See Reactions (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by kolaaderin: 5:24am On Dec 21, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:
APC is evil

PDP is the worst of them, they created all this mess and want APC to clear them n 3years. Think beyond your nose please. 14years under the bridge, its all get set with PDP looting our wealth without control. Sanity is returning gradually and you want us to go back to Egypt , it never gonna happen

2 Likes

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by NessaBoo(f): 5:27am On Dec 21, 2018
Can't bring myself to watch that video, I get emotional easily, I wee just start embarassed, even the comments alone sef has done a number on me already.

Nigerians are very resilient sets of people, imagine the brimming hope they are full of, even when they're down like this. *LongSigh!

You will have a new appreciation of your life when you see people who are this disadvantaged.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Magalan: 6:12am On Dec 21, 2018
With the increasing rate of unemployment, more under bridge residents loading.
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by ImperialYoruba: 6:22am On Dec 21, 2018
Magalan:
With the increasing rate of unemployment, more under bridge residents loading.

Under bridge population is a direct relationship with SE buses arrival in Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:25am On Dec 21, 2018
darfay:
Instead of them to go back to their village and farm. But no they rather constitute nuisance or should I say develop Lagos

what if their village is in borno boko haram
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by StevenOba: 6:36am On Dec 21, 2018
There are homeless people in UK too. That's the ills of a big city. I just wish our country can build shelters that will really help.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by ImperialYoruba: 6:43am On Dec 21, 2018
KillTheZombies:

None of the interviewed homeless is IBO, they are either hausa, Edo and Yoruba.

Any IBO man that enters Lagos has a relative he can stay with till he finds his feet. Yorubas who come from osun, ogun and Oyo to Lagos find it difficult to stay with their own yoruba brothers because they don't want their skulls beheaded for rituals.

They'll rather stay under bridges, hawk pure water and suffer accident like this Yoruba guy who came from Oyo to hawk pure water in ajah.

https://www.nairaland.com/4913769/mans-leg-crushed-accident-ajah#73995313

Go watch it and see your ngwa brother crying that he is sick. You didnt see shape of his head, not to talk of his accent.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 6:51am On Dec 21, 2018
Las Las ,i still blame us (the people) for all this mess,we are in election period,go to villages and see what politicians are doing.. They will just package salt and tomato,share it and the people will vote for them..The way i dislike all this nonsense craze people and they children eehn!!,na so one one yarn yeye for my work place,dey ask me " do you know my father"?,i no even wait make em land,i tellam say the difference between me and ur papa be say ,i go fit Waka go EFCC office under normal circumstances, your papa no dear am..

If e dey possible,make una organize mass ambush and burning for this people,all die na die,if i die and my children life go beta that one na beta die ooh, history no go forget am..But you over there, collecting money and voting this people,their children will come to rule your children tomorrow..

4 Likes

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by ednut1(m): 7:03am On Dec 21, 2018
Pathetic. People would help the Godwin guy i know.
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by rOsy247(f): 7:48am On Dec 21, 2018
Everything mustn't be about Buhari. There are good opportunities in our communities we are trying to run away from, if we look closely. Instead of nursing a wrong idea that it's better elsewhere whereas it's more difficult, why not utilise these opportunities. Except war areas, no one has good reason to leave their place to somewhere else just to get a better living that might turn out worse.

1 Like

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by CAPSLOCKED: 8:24am On Dec 21, 2018
NIGERIANS ARE TOO FAKE AND IDIOTIC. IMAGINE THEIR REACTIONS ON TWITTER, AS IF THIS IS NOT A USUAL SIGHT IN THE COUNTRY. SOME ARE ASKING FOR WAYS TO REACH THOSE IN THE VIDEO (TO APPEAR EMPATHETIC PUBLICLY) AS IF THERE AREN'T MANY OTHERS ESPECIALLY CHILDREN AROUND THE STREETS AND OPEN PLACES.
CONFUSED DELUSIONAL HYPOCRITES.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by KillTheZombies: 8:32am On Dec 21, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Go watch it and see your ngwa brother crying that he is sick. You didnt see shape of his head, not to talk of his accent.

Sharap, he is our illiterate yoromuslim brother who migrated from Oyo. grin

1 Like

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Ayobami7(m): 8:35am On Dec 21, 2018
年越南足球经历
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by traihit: 10:35am On Dec 21, 2018
My joy reading the comments was that people are willing to help. Let's forget our politicians. If it's possible to change the political elite circle, it would have been nice. But worse people are most likely going to replace them. So whenever we see folks like that, let's just help them. It could have been anyone of us.
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by traihit: 10:38am On Dec 21, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:
NIGERIANS ARE TOO FAKE AND IDIOTIC. IMAGINE THEIR REACTIONS ON TWITTER, AS IF THIS IS NOT A USUAL SIGHT IN THE COUNTRY. SOME ARE ASKING FOR WAYS TO REACH THOSE IN THE VIDEO (TO APPEAR EMPATHETIC PUBLICLY) AS IF THERE AREN'T MANY OTHERS ESPECIALLY CHILDREN AROUND THE STREETS AND OPEN PLACES.
CONFUSED DELUSIONAL HYPOCRITES.

Bro, if you have something to do for them, please do. If those commenters are really gonna help, let them. It's possible to see the same sight every day without making a move until someone magnifies that sight. In any capacity we can improve humanity, with whatever will motivate us to; let's just do it. Let's leave the hypocritical and the deluded alone, let's just do what we can.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 21, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:
APC is evil
But PDP contributed greatly to this misfortune we are experiencing in Nigeria. Had it been they utilize the money we had this menace wouldn't be there. However this doesn't exclude APC from the shade of the blames because they promise heaven and earth couple with the fact that the saboteurs in the defunct PDP are in APC now.

1 Like

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 21, 2018
darfay:
Instead of them to go back to their village and farm. But no they rather constitute nuisance or should I say develop Lagos

They are hustling to keep body and soul so let them be as it is better than committing crime.
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by OfficialAPCNig: 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2018
asuustrike1:

But PDP contributed greatly to this misfortune we are experiencing in Nigeria. Had it been they utilize the money we had this menace wouldn't be there. However this doesn't exclude APC from the shade of the blames because they promise heaven and earth couple with the fact that the saboteurs in the defunct PDP are in APC now.
PDP has never ruled Lagos. So you guys can't live without blaming PDP.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by OfficialAPCNig: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2018
kolaaderin:

PDP is the worst of them, they created all this mess and want APC to clear them n 3years. Think beyond your nose please. 14years under the bridge, its all get set with PDP looting our wealth without control. Sanity is returning gradually and you want us to go back to Egypt , it never gonna happen
Yoruba Moslem, PDP never ruled Lagos or are you expecting FG to do the work of State Governments? APC is evil.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

PDP has never ruled Lagos. So you guys can't live without blaming PDP.
National level not local
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by dannybrasky(m): 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:
APC is evil
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by OfficialAPCNig: 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2018
asuustrike1:

National level not local
So FG will be clearing the mess of Lagos State Govt? APC apologists are just plain stupid

2 Likes

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

So FG will be clearing the mess of Lagos State Govt? APC apologists are just plain stupid
Lagos state government had tried their best to make Lagos a better place. The residents of Lagos although not all are not co operating with the government. Many are adamant, many still believe the government creates job, many don't know how to use public properties well.Lagos is the envy of many states in Nigeria.
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by OfficialAPCNig: 12:47pm On Dec 21, 2018
asuustrike1:

Lagos state government had tried their best to make Lagos a better place. The residents of Lagos although not all are not co operating with the government. Many are adamant, many still believe the government creates job, many don't know how to use public properties well.Lagos is the envy of many states in Nigeria.
So why are you blaming PDP?

Every state in Nigeria has a stake in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by 2shure: 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2018
i wanf to build self contain. room and parlour
50 flats.
50k each
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2018
PointZerom:
Buhari is a disaster.

Not a fan of Buhari or Atiku but to blame it on any if them is crazy.ever been to skid row in Florida?...fear go catch u

1 Like

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Tedpgrass: 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2018
budaatum:
A man has died hours after he was found unresponsive in an underpass opposite the Houses of Parliament.

The man, who was named as Gyula Remes, 43, was found by British Transport Police at 23.30 GMT on Tuesday outside Westminster Underground Station.

Officers administered first aid and he was taken to a central London hospital but he died in the early hours.

Communities Secretary James Brokenshire said he would be asking Westminster City Council to investigate his death.

The Metropolitan Police said it was not treating the death as suspicious.

Dawn, who used to sleep opposite the man, said she thought his death was related to the drug Spice and that he had choked on his own vomit.

"He was the most gorgeous gentleman you would like to meet," she said, adding: "It's killing me this, I can't cope with this, I really can't. I keep expecting him to walk around here."

She said he had just found a job and was expecting to be off the streets soon.

Sara, 38, from Essex, has slept in the underpass for the past month.

"That poor man has lost his life and everyone else comes out the exit and they're just walking by as if nothing's happened.

"He was blue last night and everyone was just walking past him like he didn't matter."

Shadow housing minister, Melanie Onn, said the area where the man was found has becoming increasingly popular with homeless people.

Ms Onn said: "Just last week I saw police resuscitating someone in the same spot.

"It's a go to area because it's dry and warmer than outside, but it's wholly inappropriate to stay there. There's not even any wash facilities."

Mr Brokenshire said he was committed to ensuring independent reviews into the deaths of rough sleepers were conducted, so that support could be targeted in the right way.

In February a homeless man was found dead in an underpass that leads from the station to the Palace of Westminster.

Thank you ooo

Dey go dey carry story upandan as if much worse no dey happen for their society!!!

Yeye dey smell.....2-faced "monitor" and moral settings applicator..

1 Like

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by fortunechy(m): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2018
There's no big difference between Nigeria and hell fire and there's no big difference between Buhari and Satan himself...

1 Like

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by RTSC: 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2018
python2gbera:
As we speak, a number of them, as scrawny as they look, hitting their flat heads on a wailing wall somewhere in Lagos.

-python2
I pity you.

Your Ibadan and ondo brothers are living under the Lagos bridges in their masses and you are busy playing tribalism with people better off than you.

1 Like

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by JessetariahMD(m): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2018
Atimes i shade tears when I see things like that,Atimes I question God why stuff like this happen,The worst scene I can't get out of my head was this lady probably 40+ selling "kunu" to cater for her 3 young children the dad is dead,how much she wan get from that business....I always shade tears when I see her...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shehu Shagari: Monday Declared As Public Holiday / Tinubu Wins Presidential Election In Ekiti State / Obasanjo Posing With Patience Jonathan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.