Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) (51298 Views)

Fear Grips Residents As Touts Operate Under Lagos Bridge / Kadaria Ahmed Condemns BBC Documentary About Banditry / When Election Candidates Meet Vs When Supporters Meet. See Reactions (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by elderken(m): 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2018
Mallam
If you need help, just say it
Mccullum:

Madness in you just exposed and by now I can understand your challenges.
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Mccullum: 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2018
elderken:
Mallam
If you need help, just say it

Which help can a mentally derailed patient can offer than exhibition of madness...
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by ClearFlair: 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2018
PointZerom:
Buhari is a disaster.
He has been sleeping under the bridge for 14 years. PDP is surely a cursed party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by elderken(m): 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2018
Mallam, I can get you a comfortable accommodation. Who knows if you live under the bridge too. After all,, you brothers na dem full there
Mccullum:

Which help can a mentally derailed patient can offer than exhibition of madness...
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by lexy2014: 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2018
wirinet:
I am not excusing Nigerian governments for our pathetic homeless (and poverty) statistics, but BBC should have first expose the appalling homeless statistics in the UK. Like they say, why complain of a speck in someone else's eyes, when you have a log in your own

My brother u are spot on
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by biosepeter1(m): 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2018
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Mccullum: 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2018
elderken:
Mallam, I can get you a comfortable accommodation. Who knows if you live under the bridge too. After all,, you brothers na dem full there

Yeah they're my brothers so far they're human beings and as you're too but your own problem is peculiar that's why I totally understand and I'll advice to go and take your drugs.

By God grace I'm a landlord, I've gone above the level of your offer... Nonentity!
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by maasoap(m): 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
angry
The two main issues i have with buhari's governance is Poor manner of handling the economic and political crises that greeted him as he assumed office and secondly his govt love for lies and propaganda!!
Dont be suprised if tommorrow lie mohammed says that those people are "fugitives or Idp's who refused to stay at the camps/facilities govt provided for them"

You saw the part that says "14 years"? If what you are posting here is not propaganda, I wonder what it is.
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by writeprof(m): 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2018
zombieTRACKER:
Those guys left their duplexes in lekki and moved under the bridge to paint Buhari bad...

We know everyone is doing good under Buhari

Economy is growing and booming

Jobs are looking for people... No longer the other way

BBC will soon be sent parking just like amnesty international... Werey people...

Zombies hope I spoke our mind... Sai barber

Make this Sai barber nor cut person head off with the hair before eyes go open oo!
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by spiritedtete: 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2018
This is everywhere... Even in the almighty USA.

Exception of most Scandinavian countries.
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by ImperialYoruba: 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2018
franchasng:
Only the Igbo commentors offered to help, others had no real help.

In Nigeria, Igbos are the only tribe that fight for the oppressed and speak out for the rejected, if u observe even in Nigerian politics, you will discover this truth.

Proudly Igbo, please let us keep shinning and let our light brighten the dark areas of other peoples lives cool

grin grin
Ibo offer help because this underbridge thing is personal to them. You see as Edo and Hausa talk about home and wanting to return. Did you hear Ibo guy even mention home, not to talk of returning there.

14yrs underbridge, come on, nwanne has found "home"!

grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by elderken(m): 2:54pm On Dec 21, 2018
Mallam, show your proof that you so-called whatever it is you are defending, means well for the avec rage Nigerians. Now I know why you lack common sense. Cheap idiot
Mccullum:

Yeah they're my brothers so far they're human beings and as you're too but your own problem is peculiar that's why I totally understand and I'll advice to go and take your drugs.

By God grace I'm a landlord, I've gone above the level of your offer... Nonentity!
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by budaatum: 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2018
StevenOba:
Bro perhaps you didn't comprehend my statement. What I meant was that while homelessness is part and parcel of a big city ( even USA, UK and France have homeless people). It would make a lot of difference if the Nigerian Government can create homeless shelters. That's the difference between us and other advanced countries ( when it comes to tackling homelessness).
With quite a lot of respect, you are mistaken! It is not the governments of USA, UK and France that provide homeless shelters. It is the people of those countries that provide homeless shelters through taxation in UK and France and through voluntary donations in USA.

If Nigeria wants what USA, UK and France have, they should do what USA, UK and France do to have it!
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by budaatum: 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2018
spiritedtete:
This is everywhere... Even in the almighty USA.

Exception of most Scandinavian countries.
Which have the highest taxation in the world.
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2018
It's a normal occurrence of course.
Just that the numbers increased because of hunger in the land and insurgency.
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Mccullum: 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2018
elderken:
Mallam, show your proof that you so-called whatever it is you are defending, means well for the avec rage Nigerians. Now I know why you lack common sense. Cheap idiot

Show prove to mad person like you... It's ridiculous to engage in talk with psychiatric patient....

For security reasons I can't because your brains low to manage privacy... Too low and immature.
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by StevenOba: 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2018
Ok thanks I stand corrected.
budaatum:

With quite a lot of respect, you are mistaken! It is not the governments of USA, UK and France that provide homeless shelters. It is the people of those countries that provide homeless shelters through taxation in UK and France and through voluntary donations in USA.

If Nigeria wants what USA, UK and France have, they should do what USA, UK and France do to have it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by crafteck(m): 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2018
PointZerom:
Buhari is a disaster.

Has he been there for 15 years.. I don't support anyone but if you would blame anyone, blame yourself first im sure in the past 3 days, you have passed a few beggars, how many life's have you changed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Handsomecole(m): 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2018
See me here living in a 300k selfcon in Abuja and still complaining about life. Lord Jesus I'm sorry for grudging and complaining now I know you have really blessed me.

I feel so touched I still find it hard to believe, despite his condition he still looks hopeful and eager.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2018
If BBC hadn't exposed this I believe if one of these people approach well all for help, we would be saying they are liars. When you ask a fellow for help, the help will not come. So many people are having it hard like these three men in Lagos and other parts of Nigeria
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Corrinthians(m): 3:17pm On Dec 21, 2018
python2gbera:
As we speak, a number of them, as scrawny as they look, hitting their flat heads on a wailing wall somewhere in Lagos.

-python2
That boy eventually abandoned his own thread. grin

1 Like

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by ImperialYoruba: 3:21pm On Dec 21, 2018
Yoruba, the most Superior race on earth!

grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Strikethem: 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2018
zombieTRACKER:
Those guys left their duplexes in lekki and moved under the bridge to paint Buhari bad...

We know everyone is doing good under Buhari

Economy is growing and booming

Jobs are looking for people... No longer the other way

BBC will soon be sent parking just like amnesty international... Werey people...

Zombies hope I spoke our mind... Sai barber
Sebi nobody was leaving under bridge when jonathan was there. Zombie

2 Likes

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Strikethem: 3:38pm On Dec 21, 2018
KillTheZombies:

None of the interviewed homeless is IBO, they are either hausa, Edo and Yoruba.

Any IBO man that enters Lagos has a relative he can stay with till he finds his feet. Yorubas who come from osun, ogun and Oyo to Lagos find it difficult to stay with their own yoruba brothers because they don't want their skulls beheaded for rituals.

They'll rather stay under bridges, hawk pure water and suffer accident like this Yoruba guy who came from Oyo to hawk pure water in ajah.

https://www.nairaland.com/4913769/mans-leg-crushed-accident-ajah#73995313
Stay here on nairaland and be shouting. While your brothers keep dying under bridge. Shame on you. Spit.

4 Likes

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by DjSwaga(m): 3:46pm On Dec 21, 2018
Any lagosian that still vote for APC in 2019 must really be unreasonable. Despite lagos IGR is more than 5 states joined together, look at that underbridge. Dirty like a dungeon. Yes, people that defecate there are foolish, but any serious government will make legislations to curb such barbaric act..

1 Like

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by XaintJoel20: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2018
Calers:
Camden in new jersey in United state is worst than this.
j

That's not true..
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by sage(m): 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2018
Calers:
Camden in new jersey in United state is worst than this.

Statements like this make Nigerians who have never stepped out of the country not really realize the crap hole and the level of filth they reside in.

Camden NJ might be one of the worst cities in the USA but it is easily the most developed city in all of west Africa if you uprooted and transferred it to West Africa. A place where 100% of the houses are connected to a central sewage system and a central water system. No boreholes or suckaway pits. Very good and well marked roads, fully functioning traffic lights, sidewalks (open gutter doesn't exist even for 1 inch), streetlights etc.

If it was a section of Nigerian city it would be the best developed by many miles.

Wake up to the rot we exist in people!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by Icon79(m): 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2018
BBC and all these their craps. How many times have they shown y'all the homeless Brits who are living on the streets of London? Is Nigeria the only country with homeless problem? Is Lagos the only large city in the world with homeless people

Anything to paint Nigeria in a bad light angry sad shocked

O pari

1 Like

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by mike1994reds: 3:57pm On Dec 21, 2018
One of the guys attends winners chapel, I hope a winners chapel pastor is watching, and i hope they feel good about themselves with their papa owning 5 jets and one member living under the bridge

1 Like

Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by budaatum: 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2018
DjSwaga:
Any lagosian that still vote for APC in 2019 must really be unreasonable. Despite lagos IGR is more than 5 states joined together, look at that underbridge. Dirty like a dungeon. Yes, people that defecate there are foolish, but any serious government will make legislations to curb such barbaric act..
Like, make sleeping under bridge illegal perhaps? Or chase non-Lagosians sleeping under bridge back to their state maybe? Or should Lagos State use its IGR to house the homeless? What do you propose Dj?
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by OfficialAPCNig: 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2018
manlawal:

So APC has been ruling Nigeria for the past 14years abi you no see the chairman that said he has been sleeping there for the past 14years? Simply Nigeria politicians are wicked
PDP has never ruled Lagos.
Re: BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) by OfficialAPCNig: 4:02pm On Dec 21, 2018
asuustrike1:

PDP because they looted the country dry. They were in power at the centre for 16 years yet Nigerians suffered mishap under their watch
You are worst than Buhari. Why hasn't saint APC prosecute the looters?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shehu Shagari: Monday Declared As Public Holiday / Tinubu Wins Presidential Election In Ekiti State / Obasanjo Posing With Patience Jonathan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.