Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

What Could Be The Problem Of This Toyota Corolla??? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Could Be The Problem Of This Toyota Corolla??? (2331 Views)

Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? / Is It Fire Coming From The Exhaust Of This Toyota Or Not? / This Toyota iQ Smart Car Has An Aston Martin V8 Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be The Problem Of This Toyota Corolla??? by inikamoze(m): 11:22pm On Dec 20, 2018
Good evening car Gurus..compliments of the season.
I need your expertise and advice/suggestion. I drive a 2004/05 Toyota corolla that I bought Naija used in July which I wanted to give out for Uber. Car's been in use for over 3months before I had to retrieve it from the UBER dude due to bad handling and rough usage. Today I had a meeting in Agbara, bought 2k fuel and headed off, just at Agbara bus-stop I had oil leakage, after checks by mechanics say my oil sump was broken, They had it patched, got a new screw head which caused the damage and bought 4 litres Mobil oil to replace the lost oil, than I headed off.
On getting home I noticed my fuel was low as the low fuel indicator light came on(I only used AC when coming back, even though the AC is not working fine),I was surprised that 2k fuel could only take me to Agbara and back(a 70km journey). Could it be the oil leakage caused the fuel consumption? Coz I am still surprised. When the car was used for Uber for 3months, the driver never complained to me that it gulps fuel so what could be the cause of this fuel gulping? Your HELP/ADVICE needed urgently.
Re: What Could Be The Problem Of This Toyota Corolla??? by Dovehorizon: 11:14am On Dec 21, 2018
Go get it scanned...
Re: What Could Be The Problem Of This Toyota Corolla??? by diportivo: 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2018
inikamoze:
Good evening car Gurus..compliments of the season.
I need your expertise and advice/suggestion. I drive a 2004/05 Toyota corolla that I bought Naija used in July which I wanted to give out for Uber. Car's been in use for over 3months before I had to retrieve it from the UBER dude due to bad handling and rough usage. Today I had a meeting in Agbara, bought 2k fuel and headed off, just at Agbara bus-stop I had oil leakage, after checks by mechanics say my oil sump was broken, They had it patched, got a new screw head which caused the damage and bought 4 litres Mobil oil to replace the lost oil, than I headed off.
On getting home I noticed my fuel was low as the low fuel indicator light came on(I only used AC when coming back, even though the AC is not working fine),I was surprised that 2k fuel could only take me to Agbara and back(a 70km journey). Could it be the oil leakage caused the fuel consumption? Coz I am still surprised. When the car was used for Uber for 3months, the driver never complained to me that it gulps fuel so what could be the cause of this fuel gulping? Your HELP/ADVICE needed urgently.

inikamoze:
Hello,
I bought a Nigerian used Toyota Corolla 2005 a few weeks ago, did the servicing and little fixes here and there but I noticed the fuel economy was bad, 2k fuel could only take me from my place at Ejigbo area to Lagos Island to Oyingbo and back home and the fuel indicator was already showing yellow, and all this trip without the use of AC ooo...I took the car for scanning and the code gotten shows the catalytic converter bank 1 is defective, which the mechanic explained that the catalyst has either gone bad or was removed and I need to buy a new catalyst. Went to price the catalyst and the seller was saying I could buy the half catalyst if I don't want to buy the full catalyst and that the 'half' would also work fine too and help improve the fuel economy.
The experts in the house,how could this be true?
Can a catalyst be cleaned/serviced if it has not been removed?
Is it possible to get the 'half' catalyst installed and fuel economy would turn back to normal as it is with Corollas?
Please I urgently need your expert advice.

Thank you all.

apparently, there's an issue with 2k fuel and your corolla

ejigbo to Lagos Island to oyingbo and back to ejigbo, 2k fuel no reach

ejigbo to agbara and back to ejigbo, 2k fuel still no reach

obekediamondfuto should coman do mpg calculation like the other thread

2 Likes

Re: What Could Be The Problem Of This Toyota Corolla??? by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2018
diportivo:

apparently, there's an issue with 2k fuel and your corolla
ejigbo to Lagos Island to oyingbo and back to ejigbo, 2k fuel no reach
ejigbo to agbara and back to ejigbo, 2k fuel still no reach

obekediamondfuto should coman do mpg calculation like the other thread

baba that ride get spiritual problem
op which kain 2k fuel be this..... buy beta fuel and calculate ur mpg
meanwhile
Re: What Could Be The Problem Of This Toyota Corolla??? by sultaan(m): 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2018
OP is buying less than 4 gallons of fuel and worried about fuel economy.

I am not sure if OP used the whole 4 littrs of Mobile 20w50? But by the time you add 4 litres to your Corolla engine fuel economy will be the least of your problem

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Honda Hala Or Mercedes 190 - Which One Should I Buy? / I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited / KIA Mechanic In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.