Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Bank Teller Stole My 7k What Should I Do? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Teller Stole My 7k What Should I Do? (487 Views)

My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This / How Late Ossy Ojukwu Saved His Boy Who Stole His $20,000 From Being Lynched / Kevin Ajenifuja: Dangote Drugged My Wife, Got Her Raped, Stole My Trade Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Teller Stole My 7k What Should I Do? by BabaCommander: 1:43am On Dec 21, 2018
Nairalanders, please I need your input quickly.
I went to the bank today to (Abuja) make some deposit and I mistakenly gave the cashier 87k for instead of 80k I intended to send.

He was acting funny but I didn't realise my mistake until I got home and the bank has closed.

This is not a mistake on his side, he knew I made a mistake but instead of Le me know, he chosed to steal the money.
What do I do, please? Can I get the money back?
The money is not much and I could afford to let it go but I'm afraid it would embolden him. I am going to the bank tomorrow to report him.

All suggestions are welcome.

Cc Seun, lalasticlala.
Re: Bank Teller Stole My 7k What Should I Do? by Yuceeluv(f): 1:56am On Dec 21, 2018
Confront him first. Yes he did very wrong to not have given you back the excess but don't conclude yet. Approach him first. When he denies it,then go and report him.

...Mind you,if there isn't any proof like; narration of the currencies you brought at the back of your teller,you might not get your money back if he denies it. Even after reporting him.

...Bottom line,be more careful next time.
Re: Bank Teller Stole My 7k What Should I Do? by BabaCommander: 2:11am On Dec 21, 2018
Yuceeluv:
Confront him first. Yes he did very wrong to not have given you back the excess but don't conclude yet. Approach him first. When he denies it,then go and report him.

...Mind you,if there isn't any proof like; narration of the currencies you brought at the back of your teller,you might not get your money back if he denies it. Even after reporting him.

...Bottom line,be more careful next time.

Thank you for your response.
I am 100% sure. I know the number of notes (1000s and 500s)
He was really acting funny that I became suspicious.
I believe they have cctv cams to help a little.
Whether I get the money back or not, I don't really care but I don't want him to get away with the theft.
I know the bank will believe my claim even if they don't tell me.
On the other hand, I don't know what's his motivation; pressure cos of family or the kids.
I feel sad someone could lose his job because of common 7k.
At the same time, I feel I have a duty to make the see his true colour before he does more damage.

Pity!
Re: Bank Teller Stole My 7k What Should I Do? by ipobarecriminals: 3:06am On Dec 21, 2018
sad undecided Bia! Dnt go and cause katakata there.Pretend as if nothing dey happen.Go there next year Jan/February and deposit mark kudi like 108 and write in ur deposit slip 100k..Walk out of the bank and come back like 15 min later and ask him.Trust me,he'll pay double
Re: Bank Teller Stole My 7k What Should I Do? by ipobarecriminals: 3:08am On Dec 21, 2018
BabaCommander:

Thank you for your response.
I am 100% sure. I know the number of notes (1000s and 500s)
He was really acting funny that I became suspicious.
I believe they have cctv cams to help a little.
Whether I get the money back or not, I don't really care but I don't want him to get away with the theft.
I know the bank will believe my claim even if they don't tell me.
On the other hand, I don't know what's his motivation; pressure cos of family or the kids.
I feel sad someone could lose his job because of common 7k.
At the same time, I feel I have a duty to make the see his true colour before he does more damage.

Pity!
forget cctv.If u wan catch a monkey, u act like one. be smart
Re: Bank Teller Stole My 7k What Should I Do? by SOFTENGR: 3:57am On Dec 21, 2018
Let's hear from the Cashier before we judge. There are three sides to this story.
1. The complainant version (op's version)
2. The defendant version (Cashier's version)
3. The truth
Re: Bank Teller Stole My 7k What Should I Do? by BabaCommander: 11:26am On Dec 21, 2018
UPDATE

Nothing eventful.
I went to the bank today, couldn't see him at first so I complained to a security guy. He said I should go and meet the teller to sort it out. Another guy (who did not know the details) helped me to look for him.

Suprisingly, when he saw me he motioned for me to come over...I told him I made a mistake yesterday...he acknowledge it and I was refunded.
Re: Bank Teller Stole My 7k What Should I Do? by gbengaoyeladun(m): 11:29am On Dec 21, 2018
I am the cashier...am sorry I had use your money to purchase. Xmas clothe thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Gold Land In Osun / Priscilla Eleje Makes History As The First Woman To Sign The Naira Note / Ghana's Moving From Taxation To Production- Finance Minister Of Ghana(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.