Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This (30606 Views)

How Late Ossy Ojukwu Saved His Boy Who Stole His $20,000 From Being Lynched / Kevin Ajenifuja: Dangote Drugged My Wife, Got Her Raped, Stole My Trade Secrets / I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by iamwhat: 9:42am On Dec 15, 2021
I am seriously confused and scared at the same time.

My cousin sister has been staying with us since age 5 and nobody knows she's not our sibling because we took her as one of us, she finished from the most expensive secondary school in our town and we gave her everything she needs.

She told my younger sister that her friends boyfriend is a yahoo guy and I noticed she has been misbehaving lately.

I received the shock of my life when my younger sister discovered her POS business money was not complete and she told me she suspected Toyin because of the clothes, Shoes and bags she buys nowadays. Lo and behold, she conducted search in her bag and she found 200k in her bag. She told the Money from there and after some days, My cousin started looking for the money but she didn't tell anyone but asked our maid if she found the money.

We confronted her yesterday and she confessed she took the money.
My brother is suggesting we take her to guard room but I think that's inhumane but I'm so confused at what to do right now...
I don't want us to maltreat her, I'm looking for the best way to treat this issue without causing any physical harm to her.

Since she has been with us since age 5, I feel sending her to her family won't make sense because she didn't grow up with them, I am suggesting a professional counsellor/therapist but my siblings are saying I'm behaving like Oyibo, they aren't buying the idea at all.

Please I need your advise on how best to handle this issue:

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by Romanoff(f): 9:56am On Dec 15, 2021
She has become greedy and lacks contentment.

Her Ojukokoro will lead her to steal more, of not from you guys then from somewhere else.

If she doesn't steal, she will do anything to feed her lack of contentment.

I second the guardroom idea.

202 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by donbachi(m): 10:17am On Dec 15, 2021
She confessed to it and some of the cash were found in her bag.

Na u hold yam,na u hold knife

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by sisisioge: 10:28am On Dec 15, 2021
Time for her to return to her base or parents. It's that simple....no need to beat or maltreat her. It's just time for her to leave. EOD.

101 Likes

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by Richy4(m): 10:50am On Dec 15, 2021
Sure.. she has started mingling with bad eggs... People that dates scammers and so on.. she will have to practice with immediate family.. just to belong.

Call her parents if they were alive and explain the reasons why she must take a one-way trip to them... Tell them everything with facts so that it won't look like you guys were deliberately accusing her falsely...

It is a family matter, The family might not forgive u guys if you do that...She has graduated from college.....
Why did u say 'Cousin Sister' though,.. I was thinking cousin is cousin as one starts reading the article, u get the gender.. (initially, I thought it was your Sister's cousin)

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by Ebubechuwku(m): 11:01am On Dec 15, 2021
sisisioge:
Time for her to return to her base or parents. It's that simple....no need to beat or maltreat her. It's just time for her to leave. EOD.

Sending her away won't solve the problem. What if their real blood sister should behave in that manner, will they send her away also?...

Treat the case the way you would do to your blood sister also..

129 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by sisisioge: 11:08am On Dec 15, 2021
Ebubechuwku:

Sending her away won't solve the problem. What if their real blood sister should behave in that manner, will they send her away also?...

Problem no dey finish for this life. I would rather not treat issues the way I would treat my sister's here. No thank you. She goes back home to her family. EOD

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by iamwhat: 11:10am On Dec 15, 2021
I feel this could make her wild by the time she comes back, nothing would scare her again.
Romanoff:
She has become greedy and lacks contentment.

Her Ojukokoro will lead her to steal more, of not from you guys then from somewhere else.

If she doesn't steal, she will do anything to feed her lack of contentment.

I second the guardroom idea.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by iamwhat: 11:12am On Dec 15, 2021
She didn't grow up with them, I don't think thing is a nice Idea. It will be as if we've spoilt their child and now returning her
sisisioge:

7 Likes

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by sisisioge: 11:13am On Dec 15, 2021
iamwhat:
She didn't grow up with them, I don't think thing is a nice Idea. It will be as if we've spoilt their child and now returning her

Oya let me leave you to manage it the best you can....good luck.

22 Likes

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by Richy4(m): 11:19am On Dec 15, 2021
Ebubechuwku:

What if it was their sister and they decide to send her to guard room as they proposed,..
Do you think if the same measure is carried out to the cousin it will go well with the cousin's immediate family members?

13 Likes

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by Ebubechuwku(m): 11:32am On Dec 15, 2021
Richy4:

What if it was their sister and they decide to send her to guard room as they proposed,..
Do you think if the same measure is carried out to the cousin it will go well with the cousin's immediate family members?

If they can do that to their sister, they should do that to her also... that action of hers is called stealing.
But normally, inflicting injuries on someone doesn't change them. They can talk to her, let her know you are disappointed in her, advice her, lets her see reasons not to engage in stuff like that again and ever ask her some personal life stuff like school, like what is she intending to do after school and all those stuff, so that she will feel she is also a member of the family.

If pikin fall inside dirty water, will they troway the dirty water with the pikin because say the pikin fall for dirty water??

14 Likes

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by Richy4(m): 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2021
Ebubechuwku:

If they can do that to their sister, they should do that to her also... that action of hers is called stealing.
But normally, inflicting injuries on someone doesn't change them. They can talk to her, let her know you are disappointed in her, advice her, lets her see reasons not to engage in stuff like that again and ever ask her some personal life stuff like school, like what is she intending to do after school and all those stuff, so that she will feel she is also a member of the family.

If pikin fall inside dirty water, will they troway the dirty water with the pikin because say the pikin fall for dirty water??
grin I understand what you were trying to say and I won't dismiss it.. I would have also said that they should talk to her.. But considering that amount, She has no fear anymore..

Anyone learning to take something that wasn't his or her's will take a little to avoid being caught.. What is she doing with 200k... Her case might be a hopeless one talking to her considering the group she was moving with..

To avoid burning the bridge between the two families, They should send her to her family...To avoid stories like why didn't you send her home

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2021
OP...
I believe that girl is old enough to know right from wrong, and thus she should know that actions have consequences...

Don't send her to the guard room, that shouldn't be an option, rather seat her down and talk to her, involve her dad or mum in the discuss, deprive her of some privileges, buh still provide her basic needs...

If you've done this and she still steals again, send her back immediately...

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On Dec 16, 2021
iamwhat:
I don't want us to maltreat her, I'm looking for the best way to treat this issue without causing any physical harm to her.

Since she has been with us since age 5, I feel sending her to her family won't make sense because she didn't grow up with them, I am suggesting a professional counsellor/therapist but my siblings are saying I'm behaving like Oyibo, they aren't buying the idea at all.

Please I need your advise on how best to handle this issue:
How old is this cousin of yours you are trying to punish? undecided

Exactly how much did she in fact steal from your sister since you claim the reason you began suspecting her was cause she was spotting new clothing, shoes and bags? undecided

What exactly is the intention behind getting her punishment or therapy in this situation?; undecided
Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 16, 2021
Find out why she steals, inform her family about what's going on, then decide on the next course of action to take (e.g. therapy, sending her back, etc).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by Dailyparrot: 5:18am On Dec 16, 2021
iamwhat:

Until you run into problems trying to discipline her, that's when you will know she's not your blood sister and shouldn't be treated like one.

I don't know why people like acting woke. Wait until the girl harms you with her new found attitude, then you will know where your considerations will lead you to.

My advice is that you counsel and advise her while stating clearly that you will not hesitate to send her home if such case is reported from her.

Let this be a case of the first offender, any more of such becomes a threat to your family and you cannot afford to bear the consequences of another person's daughter's lifestyle.

7 Likes

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by yemmit90: 5:45am On Dec 16, 2021
@op, the best thing to do is to send her back to her family. A girl that stoled as much as 200k can do anything unimaginable in future.

4 Likes

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by Somatic(m): 6:33am On Dec 16, 2021
For someone to do that to her still struggling sibling, she doesn't and probably has never considered you as family. If it's a first time, then let her off with a stern warning. Cut her allowances and take back some privileges. If it's a repeat offence however, best to send her to her people.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by ImaIma1(f): 9:13am On Dec 16, 2021
Send her back to her parents, let her go and misbehave there. So that they can punish her the way they deem fit.

By the way what is "cousin sister?" It seems to be the new trend on Nairaland. It is either "cousin" or "sister".

4 Likes

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by FriendsAndFans(m): 10:51am On Dec 16, 2021
Detty December

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by slawormiir: 12:35pm On Dec 16, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Assuming say na male cousin now

I for say make una go drop am for huzzle kingdom make him dey keyboard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by candidbabe(f): 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2021
Nawaa oooooo
Children of these days
Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by babyfaceafrica: 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2021
Ebubechuwku:

Yinmu, leaving is better.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by flexlatifa: 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2021
No suprise say na one guy with big gbola she won give the money..

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by daddytime(m): 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2021
Complicated implication...
Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by Factfinder1(m): 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2021
make una find real niggas to Bleep the babe hard then let her spend a week in detention
Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by boolet: 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2021
Lol
Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by Passionate888: 12:37pm On Dec 16, 2021
The future is a thief
Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by emmykk(m): 12:37pm On Dec 16, 2021
Your sister stole money and bought clothes...she must be 18years + to get that fashion sense on money stole.or whatever age she is.

Just lie her down and flog her bum bum with two water cain hold together,then threatened her that in future she will be sent away to the villa.

Not doing anything or petting her and still allowing the yahoo friends will lead to another big problem.
She may soon get pregnant
Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by money121(m): 12:37pm On Dec 16, 2021
Ok
Re: My Cousin Sister Stole 200k From Our Business And We Want To Do This by maestro299: 12:37pm On Dec 16, 2021
Isn't your cousin's sister also your cousin?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The One Thing You Still Manage To Buy When You're Broke? / Lady Supplied With Water As Vegetable Oil (Photo) / Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.