Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Proving Freeze Wrong that Celebrating Christmas Is Celebrating Nimrod's Birthday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proving Freeze Wrong that Celebrating Christmas Is Celebrating Nimrod's Birthday (497 Views)

3 African Countries That Stopped Celebrating Christmas / Daddy Freeze: "Meet NIMROD Whose Birthday Christians Are Celebrating Today" / Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proving Freeze Wrong that Celebrating Christmas Is Celebrating Nimrod's Birthday by Olumyco(m): 11:20am On Dec 21, 2018
There is difference between knowledge and Understanding. Knowledge is all about acquiring facts. Understanding is all about interpretation and digestion of facts.

Freeze looks more of a knowledge driven person. He can research very well but his understanding capacity is low. He knows but does not understand.

First of all, he is wrong about the fact that Christians are celebrating Christmas as Jesus Birthday. This is invalid. We Christians celebrate the significance of his birth and not the day he was born.

This is the Logic/Analysis

1. Jesus has been existing right from eternity with God. He was there with God when the Earth was created. So we Christians knows Jesus did not start existing from the time of his birth into the world but right from eternity. So the day of His birth as regards the coming of Jesus into this world is inconsequential.

2. Many things were prophesied about the birth of Jesus by the old testament Prophets like where he would be born, his names, his mission and so on but the day or the date he would be born was never prophesied. This also confirms that the day or the date Jesus was born is insignificant.

3. If the date when Jesus was born is so important, it would have been documented in the Bible in the new testament immediately He was born. But nothing of such. The Bible documents months and day. Even the Noah's flood and co all have their dates documented but that of Jesus was not. It means its of no use

4. The wise men from the east saw a star in the eastern sky and decided to pay homage to Jesus and give Him gifts. The journeyed from their place to Jerusalem/Bethlehem lasted for more than a year... infact close to two years. The wise men did not get discouraged by saying what exact date was Jesus born so that we can present Him these gifts on the exact day He was born. No they didnt consider that despite the fact that the journey was far and will take them more than a year to get to where Jesus was, they still embarked on the Journey. Infact by the time they got to Bethlehem, they met Jesus in a house and not a manger. Joseph and Mary had relocated. Herod did not just say they should kill babies of 2 years and below, it means Jesus would be around 1 and half years old or 2 years old. So it means the Wise Men presented Jesus gifts on a day which was probably not the exact day Jesus was born and also after approximately 2 years after Jesus had been born.

From the 4 logical analysis above, the day Jesus was born is inconsequential but the significance of His birth and the reason for He coming into the World.
Christmas celebration is all about celebrating the significance of His birth and spreading the good news that Jesus was born indeed into this world to come and deliver us from sin.

As regards the day chosen, 25th December, its just a day like every other day in the year. Even if all the gods and demons of this world were born that day, it still does not render the day impure. Its also inconsequential. If you observe Freeze very well he has knowledge but has problem understanding the knowledge he has. Looking at 1 Corinthians 8:1-13

1 Corinthians 8:4-5, 8 (KJV) As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

Paul was saying here that an idol is nothing. In Christianity do we ascribe powers or fear or revere gods and idols? NO! We believe God created all the days in a week and we can celebrate on any day. Romans 14:5&6 and Colossians 2:16 tells not to judge days.
If in a town they worship idol on a particular day and now Christ is being preached to them and they decided to turn the idol place into a church by removing the idol and also deciding to turn the idol celebration to Jesus celebration, is anything wrong with it? No! They have changed and so far the goal, the motive have changed then whatever they are doing will be accepted by God

Furthermore, Christmas is all about spreading the gospel. The gospel means good tidings. The Angels started it and the shepherds too spread the news. God himself spread the news by putting a star in the sky. So if these could happen then who are we not to continue spreading the news. One of the fastest and easiest ways to extinct a god or idol is to stop the festival/celebration connected to the god/idol. Just look at the evangelism Christmas has done to the World. Christmas was celebrated by the Angels by spreading the news and Shouting Glory to God in the highest. Christmas was celebrated by the Shepherds by visiting Jesus, bowing down for Him and spreading the news. Christmas was celebrated by God by putting a star in the sky (more like sky beautification/illumination). Christmas was celebrated by the Wise Men (Gentiles) by visiting Jesus and presenting Him three gifts. Paul one of the Apostles in his letter wrote about Jesus being born (Gal. 4:4) and that is Christmas. My question to you is what are you doing to spread the news that Jesus was born? If the aforementioned could celebrate Christmas in different ways then in what way do you wish to celebrate Christmas? Know that Evangelism was constant for all the Christmas celebration of those mentioned. Therefore you can celebrate Christmas in whatever way you like with the goal that it would spread the news. And this is the reason Christians has decided to set a day apart for that and we still talk about Jesus birth in our Churches even after Christmas. We are not tied to Christmas alone.
Re: Proving Freeze Wrong that Celebrating Christmas Is Celebrating Nimrod's Birthday by Olumyco(m): 11:21am On Dec 21, 2018
DEEPER VIEW (Digging & Extracting)

Many issues like this require theological and philosophical approach. Not half knowledge. They are deep things and need to be dug out. 

I will like to react to further go deeper on the issue of Christmas. 

First of all, there is a record of the first Christmas celebrated in Bethlehem by the Angels and the shepherds. And later (subsequent celebration) by the Wise Men

Luke 2:1-7, Mathew 2:1-12 ..........

I know many will contend this but it is a fact and the truth for those who understand Christianity, celebration and how bible documents events.

Three thing to be understood

*Christianity
*Celebration
*Bible documentation of Events

Christianity is like a profession that you go about to advertise to others so as to make them join the profession. Christianity is characterized with evangelism - spreading the good news - Christ birth, cruxificion, death and resurrection of Christ. This is the hub of Christianity. The whole thing can be called in one word to be GOSPEL. 
So anything that will help spread the Gospel keys in into the system as long as it is not carnal. Christmas helps to spread the news about the birth of Jesus.

The Celebration issue comes in this way. How do you celebrate a big person or someone you love? 

Host Angels joined the first Angel that appeared to the Shepherds to deliver the new and sang and shouted "Glory be to God In the Highest". Meaning they rejoiced because Jesus was born. The Shepherd acted based on what the first Angel that appeared told them and when they found Jesus at the manger they worshipped Him.

Examine this: Why did the host of Angels decide to join the first Angel to praise God and say "Glory be to God in the Highest". What could have pulled host of Angels meaning they are very much to the earth to just come and sing and shout. In history amd throughout the Bible do we have record of where Angels descended in their numbers to come and do some thing on earth. NO! Except when Jesus was born. We need to look critically at this action by the host of Angels.

Also God put a bright star in the sky when Jesus was born which the wise men saw and led them to Bethlehem to see Jesus. 
These wise men presented Jesus with GIFTS. What could have made the Wise Men embarked on this kind of far journey to go and visit a baby born?

Some people might be saying dat all this happened at the time time of the birth of Jesus but have you considered the years it took the wise men travelling from the east to get to Jerusalem and from Jerusalem to Bethlehem? It would have taken them more than a year or two. There were no cars or any fast means. You could imagine the believe and the determination of these wise men. Despite the fact that the day of the birth of Jesus had passed, despite the fact that the shepherds had visited Jesus a long time ago and so on, they were still able to find Jesus and CELEBRATED HIM.
By Celebrating Him, they bowed/worship Jesus and they presented Him with gifts.

Also the Shepherds after they have seen the Babe Jesus propagated the news so that all could hear. LUKE 2:17

Now this was the first record of the commemoration of the birth of Jesus. 

The greatest celebration of Jesus is by GIVING ONE'S LIFE TO HIM. That is by getting saved. 

Pls the celebration of the Birth of Christ is very important to us as Christians. It has a lot of benefit when done rightly. The problem with many Christians today is that they don't know that Christmas is more than eating, wining and dining. It is a time to reflect, rededicate and worship Christ. The other parts of the celebration like beautification, boxing, programs are spices and packages that makes the celebration rich. To me it is just a brand. Many things have brands. 

Furthermore Freeze and many people are talking about Christmas having a root in paganism going by history. There are many approaches to this pagan issue.
Now we need to understand Christianity from the angle of purpose, motive and principle. Let's look at this. If a pastor goes to where the Ogun worshippers are gathered and he preached to them and many of them get saved and the king now ordered that today will no longer be used for the worship of Ogun anymore but rather for the worship of The GOD ALMIGHTY. And because we are social beings by design, everybody agreed to be using the day to commemorate the time Christianity entered their town every year. So with this, is the process of THE CHANGE OF PURPOSE wrong? Or what effect would the former worship have on the new worship?

In Africa before the advent of Christianity we were given to idolatry and instruments like gangan "talking drum", bata etc were used to worship gods but after we had received the light we had a change of purpose and today some of these instruments like gangan are used in our Christian worship. 
If we want to base many things on history without considering CHANGE OF PURPOSE then Christianity will be difficult to practice in Africa. 

Some people normally see Christmas as a Celebration of the Saturnalia god.
Freeze too mentioned that Celebrating Christmas is like celebrating Nimrod's birthday idea. I dont know how they people came about that because I am sure the calendar that was uses during Nimrod time which was after the flood is different from our own today.
Going by history, the so called worship of Saturnalia was done on Dec 17 to 23 according 2 Julian calendar then. There are many calendars and the festival had witnessed many modifications by various emperor. Before it used to be a one day celebration which was always on Dec 17 before Julius Ceaser added 2 days to it and from there to 5 days and so on ......... These people then did not know Christ and were just doing what dey like but suddenly the flood of Christianity wiped off their festival and grounded Christmas. Just as the ministry of Paul overcame the worship of the Diana god which made that blacksmith to loose his business of making and selling the carved images of Diana. 

No matter what anyone says celebrating Christmas is not a sin it is how we celebrate it. Every Christian should used the period to examine himself or herself whether the reason for the celebration of Christmas has been achieved in his or life which is "Deliverance from Sin". Jesus came to this world to come and deliver us from sin. So are you born again?

Then as regards Bible documentation, there are some events / analysis in the Bible that we don't find their exact word in the but yet they exist.

If we study our Bible very well there are words to describe some events dat are not directly written in the Bible and we Christians looks for the appropriate word that fits the event. Because some pple might say thw word Christmas or celebration of Jesus birth is not in the Bible but thank God the analysis above should solve that. All the events that surround the Birth of Jesus describes the word Christmas.
There are examples of this kind of a thing like the word "Trinity" is not in the Bible but we there are events in the Bible that describes it.

Also there is no word like rapture in the Bible but we have events that describe it and so on.

Finally, we are all free to choose what we believe but my own believe is that Christmas is right and there is no where in the Bible that it is said to be wrong and that it is a sin. If we Christians stop celebrating Christmas today, it will affect the propagation of that message of the fact that Jesus was born to save us from sin". Festival/Celebration spread the news about a thing faster than any means of Evangelism in the World. Why do think we dont hear about many of the gods they used to celebrate in those days? Its simply because there are no festival to celebrate for them anymore. Ogun, Sango and Osun are still well known today because some people still celebrate them but what about the others... some are for a particular town, some are for a family... how many do you still hear again? No more celebration for them and their fame had gone. May God give us understanding and wisdom to be able to assimilate the truth and do the right thing.

Thanks
Re: Proving Freeze Wrong that Celebrating Christmas Is Celebrating Nimrod's Birthday by Originakalokalo(m): 11:29am On Dec 21, 2018
I know who I celebrate.

Abegi, I need sites where I can download Christmas songs.

I need to be in the mood for celebration of the

Son of The Most High God.

Anyone who can help?
Re: Proving Freeze Wrong that Celebrating Christmas Is Celebrating Nimrod's Birthday by CodeTemplar: 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2018
Freeze is just an attention seeking Twitter warrior.

2 Likes

Re: Proving Freeze Wrong that Celebrating Christmas Is Celebrating Nimrod's Birthday by Originakalokalo(m): 12:39pm On Dec 21, 2018
CodeTemplar:

He was comparing WizKids voice with that of davido.

I stopped listening to these songs long ago by the help of the holy spirit....

They are full of immoralities and sexual perversions that can corrupt any mind regardless of one's strength.

How on earth can I listen to such a fellow?

Abegi, I need sites to download xmass songs.

Do you have one?
Re: Proving Freeze Wrong that Celebrating Christmas Is Celebrating Nimrod's Birthday by Olumyco(m): 1:02pm On Dec 21, 2018
Originakalokalo:
I know who I celebrate.

Abegi, I need sites where I can download Christmas songs.

I need to be in the mood for celebration of the

Son of The Most High God.

Anyone who can help?

I am telling you. We know who we are serving
Re: Proving Freeze Wrong that Celebrating Christmas Is Celebrating Nimrod's Birthday by Olumyco(m): 1:02pm On Dec 21, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Lol
Re: Proving Freeze Wrong that Celebrating Christmas Is Celebrating Nimrod's Birthday by Olumyco(m): 5:51pm On Dec 21, 2018
Originakalokalo:

He was comparing WizKids voice with that of davido.

I stopped listening to these songs long ago by the help of the holy spirit....

They are full of immoralities and sexual perversions that can corrupt any mind regardless of one's strength.

How on earth can I listen to such a fellow?

Abegi, I need sites to download xmass songs.

Do you have one?

Hmmmm
Re: Proving Freeze Wrong that Celebrating Christmas Is Celebrating Nimrod's Birthday by globalresource: 10:36pm On Dec 21, 2018
This material is worth front page

(1) (Reply)

See Gods Blessings For You This 2019 / Something About INHERITED Sin In Christianity/original Sin / Big Bang Or Big Mum? Which Of The Unborn Twins Is Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.