Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki (1373 Views)

I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki / Defection: All Juicy Appointments Went To Katsina, Lagos, Says Saraki / Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by akinbode1(m): 2:06pm On Dec 21, 2018
ABUJA- Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki, Thursday tasked Nigerians not to expect much from the 2019 Appropriation Bill, describing the budget proposal as hopeless.

Saraki, who spoke in his capacity as the Director General of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Campaign Council, PPCO, also declared that Nigerians were safer in 2015 than they are today.

Saraki in his opening remark, argued that the budget proposal presented by Buhari on Wednesday has no future because the statistics does not indicate the financial model by which it will be funded.

He said, “Yesterday (Wednesday), we all heard the 2019 budget. That is a budget that has no hope for anybody because if you look at the statistics and the figures there’s poverty, if you look at the figures based on revenues that are coming in, there is nothing left. So where’s the future?

“There must be an alternative and that is what we hope that by this evening speaking to our candidate and vice presidential candidate, not based on sentiments. We are not voting on sentiments, we are voting on what is the need for you.

“How is your life going to be better? Which party offers you a better future because we see you as those who are patriotic and committed . It’s not about what you’ll get today. It’s about the great country a lot of you expect to see.

The Senate President who noted that the President will fail to attend the January 19, 2019 Presidential debate stressed that any President that wants to lead the country and the African continent should be able to sell his blueprint to the people.

He said, “This is an interactive session. I’m not sure whether the other political parties will give you an opportunity like this to ask them any question. I’m told that one has debated and you already know the answer to that debate. On the second one, I’m very sure he’s not going to debate. So how do you assess somebody who is not ready to tell you what he’s going to do.

“Those days are gone, my good people. A country that leads the continent that is not ready to show example is not what we want for this continent. The whole world is going in a direction, if you’re seeking a position, you must come and tell people what you want to do. You must sit down and they will ask you questions and that is why we’re here.

“Today is your day, we will sit down and take questions. I hope at the end of the exercise you will stand up and say yes this is the team that will secure Nigeria, this is the team that will unite Nigeria , this is the team that will fight the poverty in town and bring a bright future.”
Atiku’s running mate, Obi, who also faulted the 2019 budget said “When you look at the revenue, we will spend 60 percent to service debt. So what is left? And they will borrow more.

“What they borrowed in 2016 and 2017 is the same PDP borrowed in 16 years. When you ask them, they say they use it for capital project.”

He lamented the level of poverty in the country and lambasted the President for urging Nigerians to tighten their belts, saying “Nigerian people have no belt again to tighten up”, stressing “we now wake up everyday with a sense of helplessness.”

While he noted that APC administration didn’t heed warnings over the alarming rate of job losses and unemployment in 2017, he said the recent rise in the unemployment rate from 18.8 percent to 23 percent is only going to get worse because “nobody is doing anything.”

He promised that immediately they get elected into office, their administration will show numbers of persons who are unemployed and correspondingly provide daily statistics on the number of persons that will get jobs.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/news/

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by Bern1992(m): 2:15pm On Dec 21, 2018
Your supporters though. Left for me, I don't see any reason why you are still there as Nigeria's Senate President.

What a waste of resources paying him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by festacman(m): 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2018
b
Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by Pastorlarry: 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2018
And that hopeless budget will feed you and your family in 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by Paschalp(m): 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2018
If they call it hopeless, then we should look for a more demeaning word for us masses cus the budget has always been woeful

God bless Nigeria
Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by seanfer(m): 2:25pm On Dec 21, 2018
Saraki is frustrated because there’s no way they can pad this Budget....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by Asshurbanipal: 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2018
The hopeless document will simply plunge the country into more debt. That has been the trend since 2015
Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by Asshurbanipal: 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2018
Bern1992:
Your supporters though. Left for me, I don't see any reason why you are still there as Nigeria's Senate President.

How can someone support dull.ard Buhari and complain about others who support saraki?
Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by goclean: 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2018
Is there any difference between PDP and APC ?
Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by REDshouse(m): 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2018
Hopeless Senate President.... Cos Buhari refuses to Bribe him and his Co bandits before presenting the budget.... Continue to remain in pain forever Saraki...

Saraki is in Pain... No money in the budget to finance their election....

Eleribu somebody

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by Omeokachie: 2:37pm On Dec 21, 2018
Hopeless is an understatement

It is a fraudulent document designed to scam the people like APC 2015 election promises.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by elderken(m): 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2018
Some people will still be chanting sai baba.
Watch them as they'll start quoting me.
They've never registered a business name, not to talk of incorporating a ltd company, yet they'll be praising someone who took a once robust economy on a ride down the drain
Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by alizma: 2:51pm On Dec 21, 2018
saraki has never been this frustrated in his life. he has gotten to a point where he doesn't even know what to do again
Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by deomelllo: 3:03pm On Dec 21, 2018
We Gave (BRIBE) Lawmakers N17bn To Pass 2015 Budget - Okonjo-iweala

“This became the price to pay to have the 2015 budget passed.”

Ole Mr Juicy Position, all because #SAIBABA2019 did not bribe you or let you pad his budget..

Your days are numbered @ NASS.

grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by darfay: 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2018
Oga dey find bribe
Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by KillTheZombies: 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2018
Lifelessness will always produce hopelessness.

Jibril is a goner!
Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by Stalwert: 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2018
saraki is like a jilted ex who can't come to terms with being used and dumped
Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by StOla: 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2018
elderken:
They've never registered a business name, not to talk of incorporating a ltd company, yet they'll be praising someone who took a once robust economy on a ride down the drain

What is robust about an economy that turned over $20b government savings as at 2010 to less than $1b in 2015?

What is robust about an economy that plummeted foreign reserves from $47b in 2010 to $29b in 2015?

What is robust about an economy that could not pay FG counterpart funding for JV oil projects from 2010 to 2015, to the tune of over $6b.

What is robust about an economy that had already borrowed N470b ($2.5b) to pay civil servant salaries in Feb/Mar/April 2015?

A so called robust economy that was opportune to make so much oil revenue due to high oil price, yet it failed to perform better than previous regimes that did not have such oil revenue but were able to save and expand the foreign reserves.

A robust economy that could only afford to buy 2nd hand trains, with the excuse that we are not America, hence cannot afford new trains. Yet the public funds diverted for the reelection of that failed regime that was eventually sacked, could have afforded the country brand new infrastructure like trains and refineries.

Some people are without brain, so they are lacking memory.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by dannybrasky(m): 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2018
Saraki had been singing like a canary bird ever since this budget brouhaha! Speaks volume,the Offa criminal/looting machine couldn't pad his way through the budget this Time around.

SARAKI OR NA OLE OFFA...

1 Like

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by dannybrasky(m): 3:38pm On Dec 21, 2018
Did u just say a once robust economy? No no let me help u. U should have put it this way,a once robust economy funded with massive looting and corruption! Oh oh I see,u were among those enjoying the loots back then! grin grin I am not sorry to say this,all those times are over,this time what u see is what u get sir grin

SAI BABA TILL 2023 grin

elderken:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by dannybrasky(m): 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2018
When a landlord is about to evict a tenant,as for the tenant,first comes the pains,followed by wailing and the final eviction! Saraki has seen the handwriting on the wall lol. He will wail till he leaves the Senate grin grin

alizma:
saraki has never been this frustrated in his life. he has gotten to a point where he doesn't even know what to do again

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by dannybrasky(m): 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2018
GOD BLESS YOU SIRE!!!
StOla:

What is robust about an economy that turned over $20b government savings as at 2010 to less than $1b in 2015?

What is robust about an economy that plummeted foreign reserves from $47b in 2010 to $29b in 2015?

What is robust about an economy that could not pay FG counterpart funding for JV oil projects from 2010 to 2015, to the tune of over $6b.

What is robust about an economy that had already borrowed N470b ($2.5b) to pay civil servant salaries in Feb/Mar/April 2015?

A so called robust economy that was opportune to make so much oil revenue due to high oil price, yet it failed to perform better than previous regimes that did not have such oil revenue but were able to save and expand the foreign reserves.

A robust economy that could only afford to buy 2nd hand trains, with the excuse that we are not America, hence cannot afford new trains. Yet the public funds diverted for the reelection of that failed regime that was eventually sacked, could have afforded the country brand new infrastructure like trains and refineries.

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by Corrinthians(m): 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2018
Hunger go kill you las las. No more bribe money so they surely are frustrated and hopeless with Baba on the throne.

Left for me, Baba should be the life president just like president Xi of China!

Rubbish.
Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by Corrinthians(m): 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2018
StOla:

People like him are the ones that engage in such conversations i took a screenshot of below, AND BELIEVE SAME,

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by StOla: 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2018
Corrinthians:
People like him are the ones that engage in such conversations i took a screenshot of below, AND BELIEVE SAME,

Those ones are not called Idiots and Pigs of Biafra (IPOB) for nothing.

They are the single largest collection of zombies anywhere in the world, but they have been promised rehabilitation by the SouthEast governors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by Ovamboland(m): 4:37pm On Dec 21, 2018
StOla:

Many have forgotten that it was under the so called robust economy that banks for the first time had to shutdown or restrict operating hours due to scarcity of fuel
Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by elderken(m): 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2018
I can imagine how best you brain function.
I guess the suffering plaguing the country is a true dividends of democracy.
It's so good to see someone like you with brain, throwing childish tantrums because of other people's opinion. You could have hit a home run without resulting to needless insults.
StOla:

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by Chill2: 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2018
You are very correct, I have never seen such a partisan Senate president, that rubbish his country for political gain. I really wish he is not returned to the Senate.
Bern1992:

Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2018
Asshurbanipal:

How can someone support dull.ard Buhari and complain about others who support saraki?

Ur problem is d ability to know dat everyone has his or her opinion or person to support u just don't attack like mad man...reason with ur brain....i have d choice to make u don't force on me Mr man
Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by StOla: 7:11pm On Dec 21, 2018
elderken:
I can imagine how best you brain function.
I guess the suffering plaguing the country is a true dividends of democracy.
It's so good to see someone like you with brain, throwing childish tantrums because of other people's opinion. You could have hit a home run without resulting to needless insults.

At least it shut you up as you could not refute any of the Jonathan regime failures that cultivated the recession.
Re: 2019 Budget: An Hopeless Document – Says Saraki by Kenekingisback: 7:15pm On Dec 21, 2018
Great

(1) (Reply)

Onnoghen Can Still Reclaim His Position As CJN If Cleared By Tribunal – Sagay / Why Is It That Most Politicians And Masses Afraid Of Buhari Than Goodluck Jonath / Here Is Akwa Ibom Airline That Starts Operations Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.