Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever (8888 Views)

Peter Ebhota Udo Dies Of Hypertension 22 Months After Freedom From Kidnappers / Finally I'm Free from religion / Independence Day: Have You Been Free From Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Akin1212(m): 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Ignorance.

If God did not create evil.... and he created only good...

How is he then the Almighty?

How will he claim to have all the power and might as in ALMIGHTY If a power operates outside him?

I say again. ..ignorance.

It seems you don't know the meaning of ignorance.

Let's break it down for your sake.

Did or does God want evil to be in this world now and before?

If the answer to the above is No, then why did he create evil that he does not want to exist? It seems your God is confused and you are very ignorant of that.

If God didn't create evil, evil would not have existed in the first place because everything that exist was claimed to be created by this God.

If I don't want something to exist, I won't create it.

Why is God now trying to destroy evil?

You see, from your first comment I read here,I was able to detect the level of your ignorance. How you could summon the courage to say another person is ignorant is very amusing. grin

5 Likes

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Akin1212(m): 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Before he reveal himself to you in his glory, strength and power,

You must go to him in faith first.
.and accept his sacrifice for you on the cross..

And let him direct your life in holiness and purity...

If you don't want to do this,

Then leave my Jesus alone for me and others...

No be by force.
#smile

What's the purpose of his power and strength if he can't change my mind without me first begging him to.

Are you saying Jesus cannot prove that he exists beyond reasonable doubts? Lol I never knew there were things he couldn't do. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Originakalokalo(m): 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
Akin1212:

What's the purpose of his power and strength if he can't change my mind without me first begging him to.

Are you saying Jesus cannot prove that he exists beyond reasonable doubts? Lol I never knew there were things he couldn't do. Lol

I believe all your questions have been answered.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Originakalokalo(m): 1:00pm On Dec 22, 2018
Akin1212:

It seems you don't know the meaning of ignorance.

Let's break it down for your sake.

Did or does God want evil to be in this world now and before?

If the answer to the above is No, then why did he create evil that he does not want to exist? It seems your God is confused and you are very ignorant of that.

If God didn't create evil, evil would not have existed in the first place because everything that exist was claimed to be created by this God.

If I don't want something to exist, I won't create it.

Why is God now trying to destroy evil?

You see, from your first comment I read here,I was able to detect the level of your ignorance. How you could summon the courage to say another person is ignorant is very amusing. grin

Ignorant questions.

1 Like

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Akin1212(m): 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2018
Originakalokalo:

I believe all your questions have been answered.

Peace.

You haven't answered anything. It's cool to want to run from reality. Keep running.

2 Likes

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Akin1212(m): 1:10pm On Dec 22, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Ignorant questions.

Answer them intelligently please.

God does not want evil, however, he created the evil.

God who created evil is now struggling to get rid of the evil, so that only good will remain.

However, again, it's only the presence of this evil that will show that God is almighty.

The question is does God want to remain almighty or not.

The idea is warped up in your head and you don't even realize how silly it is. Keep your folly up bro.

You're really intelligent brother grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by LordReed(m): 1:10pm On Dec 22, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Yeah...

It is.

Will you share a bottle Castillo with me while we listen to cool jazz music?

1 Like

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Originakalokalo(m): 1:12pm On Dec 22, 2018
Akin1212:

You haven't answered anything. It's cool to want to run from reality. Keep running.

You call it running.....after I have preached salvation to you?

What I am I supposed to be doing with exactly?

After I have preached to you and you have rejected it...

Should I stay and be insulting you or fighting you?

Well...

If you call it running,

It is running.

1 Like

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Originakalokalo(m): 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2018
LordReed:

Will you share a bottle Castillo with me while we listen to cool jazz music?

I don't do alcohol.

Thanks for the offer.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Akin1212(m): 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2018
Originakalokalo:

You call it running.....after I have preached salvation to you?

What I am I supposed to be doing with exactly?

After I have preached to you and you have rejected it...

Should I stay and be insulting you or fighting you?

Well...

If you call it running,

It is running.

Why are you preaching salvation to me?

Why don't you instead demonstrate to me that God or his son Jesus exist. I need empirical proof of their existence not their salvation.

Let Jesus or his father bring the salvation themselves, I don't want them to send it through you.

3 Likes

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by frank317: 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Take a look at this...

(Matthew 7 )
------------
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Why would Jesus reject those that claimed to have cast out demons in his name?

These rejected ones have spent the whole of their life "serving Jesus"

At death, the were rejected because they worked iniquities...

His "service to Jesus" is just 20 years....while some will be rejected after a life service..

You should ask yourself why...

You don't understand spiritual things...

Don't argue with those who do.

U have not even shown that u understands anything spiritual, why will I not argue with u. All I see is a self righteous hypocrite... Is that being spiritual m

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Originakalokalo(m): 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2018
Akin1212:

Why are you preaching salvation to me?

Why don't you instead demonstrate to me that God or his son Jesus exist. I need empirical proof of their existence not their salvation.

Let Jesus or his father bring the salvation themselves, I don't want them to send it through you.

OK. I think we have reached a conclusion.

He sent me, you said he should come himself.

You now see that we are done here?

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Akin1212(m): 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2018
Originakalokalo:

OK. I think we have reached a conclusion.

He sent me, you said he should come himself.

You now see that we are done here?

Peace.

He only sent you because he does not exist. Lol

So you're just trying to push your belief to me which I don't want pushed. I need it proved instead.

1 Like

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Originakalokalo(m): 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2018
Akin1212:

He only sent you because he does not exist. Lol

So you're just trying to push your belief to me which I don't want pushed. I need it proved instead.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by aadoiza: 2:47pm On Dec 22, 2018
As long as you live you're never truly free. If you're free you won't spend your valuable time contesting a so-called non-existent entity. Atheists should quit their delusions of grandeur and accept that they as much shackled as their religious counterparts.

1 Like

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by LordReed(m): 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2018
Originakalokalo:

I don't do alcohol.

Thanks for the offer.

What do you do?
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by LordReed(m): 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2018
aadoiza:
As long as you live you're never truly free. If you're free you won't spend your valuable time contesting a so-called non-existent entity. Atheists should quit their delusions of grandeur and accept that they as much shackled as their religious counterparts.

I'd rather live without fear thank you very much.

2 Likes

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Originakalokalo(m): 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2018
LordReed:

What do you do?

Study.

Study the word and pray..

1 Like

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by bodee(m): 3:59pm On Dec 22, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

PRAISE THE LORD, BRETHREN.
Hallelujah! ma se te, ri ka ba ya!

2 Likes

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by LordReed(m): 4:12pm On Dec 22, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Study.

Study the word and pray..

LoL!

2 Likes

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by luvmijeje(f): 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2018
Mobilia:

You know what? I hate to even think like this, but I believe you may be onto something.
I noticed something the other day (on a thread I was on) which can be termed Hegelian dialectic..which presents (2) sides (the thesis and antithesis) supposedly against each other in order to sway the masses to come to one agreement (synthesis).
The thing about this is that the (2) sides aren't really in disagreement...it's actually people with like-minds covertly...but overtly presenting a supposed crises in order to get their targeted result. I can't prove that it happened there, but something odd gave me pause a few days ago...and then interestingly enough I was led to your post today.
On another note, I am really saddened & shocked to see the young lady here, who used to be a champion for Christ...now have such an opposing belief.
Prayer for her

I feel like you are addressing me. If you are, address me directly. There is no need for backbiting. You know backbiting is a sin.

That's why I love Jesusjnr. He confronted me eyeball to eyeball though I didn't welcome his opinion but I appreciate it because it came from a place of love.
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by luvmijeje(f): 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
I came to this thread to war with those Atheist guys but fortunately I agreed with the Op. In addition to what has been written above I will list five more advantages of religious freedoms from my perspective.

1. I feel more at peace.

2. I receive higher revelations.

3. I get to love my fellow men irrespective of their belief.

4. I get to understand the religionist more than when I was still one (funnily enough)

5. And I also get to understand the Atheist more than when I was a religionist.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Daeylar(f): 6:31pm On Dec 22, 2018
True. Freedom from fear most especially. Fear of demons and all the paranormal stuff, where I'd go if I die etc
You just have peace of mind

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2018
plaetton:

Frosbel !!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Please, kindly enlighten us.
Not too long ago when you were bullying all of us from your imaginary higher moral and spiritual grounds, DID You Really believe in the things you were saying , or did you have an inner doubt or anxiety about your beliefs ?

I'm interested in understanding what compels or propels religious extremism in intelligent educated people.
Is it a confidence of truth or flickers of doubt, anxiety and fear ?

Simple - brainwashing

They catch you young, then brainwash you and then it takes years to regain control of your senses and individuality.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2018
generationz:

*side eyes*

so she is now intelligent and educated because she has become an atheist abi

I'm sure when she was attacking atheist most of you would have called her dumb and unenlightened

didn't you read her write up

she is more elated that she is now free to live her life and groove the way she wants it without close any inhibitions .

Her conversion has very little to do with any books she might have read.

Him , not her ! smiley
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2018
Michellekabod:

In the thread i opened you said something about atheists filled with wickedness and evil and here you go again. You keep shaming those that dont acknowledge God as you do. Guess what, both frosbel and i arent atheists...
It is you theists that are full of immoralities and evil. I have been bruised,burned,bullied and assaulted by christians (never been hurt by a muslim my entire life) that was why i quit christianity. I feel nauseated at the sights of you all .
Go to the prisons and find out the number of theists you will find there.
Nigeria has the biggest church in the world and richest pastor, infact churches in Nigeria outnumber the number of schools and hospitals yet wickedness has not ended.
Isnt it contradictory to your claim that atheists are immoral and evil?

During my 20 years as a Christian, some of the most hateful, angry , wicked and immoral people were in the church. It is terrible , because they carry on with their wickedness while judging others for no other reason than a rejection of their MYTH called Christianity. I am not an atheist, but I have met far more good non-religious people than those who are religious.

As you rightly said, Nigeria is soaked with religion but it is engrossed in dire wickedness and keeps getting worse.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 22, 2018
HappyPagan:

hi frosbel, muskeeto here. good to hear from you. grin

Yeah - how are you - longest time cheesy
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by HappyPagan: 8:21pm On Dec 22, 2018
frosbel2:

Yeah - how are you - longest time cheesy
Great, great, happy to read from you. Logicboy is still around..... cheesy
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by generationz(f): 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2018
frosbel2:

Him , not her ! smiley
loool
it even makes more sense now
women will just codedly flex and use church activity to get husband.

You need to reconsider your stance .

Jesus loves you
Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by aadoiza: 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2018
LordReed:

I'd rather live without fear thank you very much.
It wasn't a counsel, my friend. I love atheist's arguments, by the way. They endeavour to make sense of the whole shebang there is. However, the truth doesn't need to make sense 'cos it's just the truth.

1 Like

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by LordReed(m): 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2018
aadoiza:

It wasn't a counsel, my friend. I love atheist's arguments, by the way. They endeavour to make sense of the whole shebang there is. However, the truth doesn't need to make sense 'cos it's just the truth.

I love this definition: truth is what comports to reality. My personal take: any truth that requires faith to operate is fake.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever by aadoiza: 11:14pm On Dec 22, 2018
LordReed:

I love this definition: truth is what comports to reality. My personal take: any truth that requires faith to operate is fake.
Your definition of truth exemplifies atheistic parochialism. It is limited and contrived but, then again, it's merely an opinion and should engender little or no fuss.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Are You Thanking God For Nigeria At 62? / Sow $1000 Into Leroy Thompson's New Private Jet For Financial Blessings ! / Everyone Pray For Sonofluc1fer Who's On NAIRALAND, He Is POSSESSED..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.