Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

The Sword - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sword (1671 Views)

New Date For End Of The World: January 1 2017 - Sword Of God Cult / Nuclearboy Puts Deep Sights's Concerns On Xtianity To The Sword / An Excerpt: The Sword Of Solomon By F.w. Boreham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sword by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:01pm On Aug 05, 2010
The Sword

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword" (Matthew 10:34).

The Christian life is a life of war, and the Christian soldier must be a skilled swordsman if he is to survive and win. In our text, Jesus taught that a peaceful life would not be the Christian’s lot, but a life of swordsmanship instead.

The first "sword" mentioned in the Old Testament was not a sword of metal, but a "flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life" (Genesis 3:24).  Likewise, the final sword mentioned in the New Testament is "the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth" (Revelation 19:21).  This is the fiery sword with which the coming "man of sin" (2 Thessalonians 2:3) will be defeated "whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming" (v. cool"He shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked" (Isaiah 11:4).

The mighty "word of the LORD" by which "were the heavens made" (Psalm 33:6) is still a flaming sword, turning every way, for "out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword" (Revelation 1:16) as John saw Him in His present glory.

Furthermore, we can wield this same sword by His Spirit, for "the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword . . . a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).

The Christian armour, as outlined in Ephesians 6:13-17, is all defensive armour with the one exception of the prayerful use of "the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" (v. 17).  In this wonderful text, the spoken "word of God" is in view--the sword applied, on either edge, turning every way, probing exactly when and where needed in each encounter of every battle of the Christian warfare. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Sword by nopuqeater: 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2010
In all your deceit, sir, you fail to mention that Jesus himself, you lord and god and savior asked his intimate followers who do not have a specific "Bag" to sell their belongings, which was mainly their cloth, using the gain not for anything but "SWORD". And thats exactly what the companions did. Each without bag now owned a Sword. The Metal kind. Not the flaming kind that turns this way and that, yet Adam and Eve were able to get to the tree. I guess the flaming sword was not up to the job because Adam and Eve got to the tree and according to your Bible ate the fruit from it, which surprised Yahweh.

The Sword that Jesus asked his companions to purchase was not effective either, since the mob got hold of Jesus with all the Bags and the Swords. The Jews are still having a good time insulting Jesus and saying they killed him, and no christian has said anything about it, except blindly support them against the Palestinians; christians and muslims.

ANd what do soldiers do, again, except to kill people they deemed enemies to their agenda? You can deny that Christian soldiers dont kill. But I find it to be the opposite. The war still going on in Afghanistan was first dubbed "Crusade" by President Bush and today from many christian quarters, it is still "our God is bigger than their "muslim" God". And many lives have been cut short from both sides, and no Christian saw the "turn the other cheek" as an appropriate response but it was lets kill many of them was the response from Jesus worshippers. Terror is almost second nature to the Christians, who have copied it well from the Ashkenazi Jews who for their adopted jewish tradtion it is lets kill them all, wipe them from the face of the earth or drive them away into the sea, out of Palestine, because the palestinians are cronic cancer. How then do we blame anyone who has done the same or will do it in the future, if we cant caution the jews on their evil deeds against Palestinians?

The Jews are terrorizing people intending to wipe this people off the land, by using their religion and ethnicity as the base. Hence, Jews kill besed on their religion and their collective ethnicity, and founded based on these two alone. You need to grow up, Olaadegbu. Your actions does not fit your age. The Youtube is filled with videos of the evils of jews, against Christians in Palestine, insults rained on Jesus, and the deceit of their we are peaceful people.
Re: The Sword by KunleOshob(m): 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2010
@olaadegbu
Your shallow and inept understanding of scripture never ceases to amaze me, obviously your state of delusion is as a result of all the scriptural perversions your pentecostal movement is noted for. The koko of christianity is LOVE which brings about peace and not about war mongering as you have admonished here. The sword in the scripture you quoted is figurative and not literal.
Re: The Sword by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:15pm On Aug 05, 2010
The Word of God is quick and powerful than a twoedged sword.

Re: The Sword by vedaxcool(m): 5:10pm On Aug 05, 2010
Your shallow and inept understanding of scripture never ceases to amaze me, obviously your state of delusion is as a result of all the scriptural perversions your pentecostal movement is noted for. The koko of christianity is LOVE which brings about peace and not about war mongering as you have admonished here. The sword in the scripture you quoted is figurative and not literal.

You quite funny to want us to think that Jesus did not authorize violence in the run off to the crucifiction, remember when Jesus ordered his disciples to sell off their garment and purchase a sword and then went on to say watch here while I pray and this same sword he told peter and co to buy , one of his disciples used it to loop off the ear of the guards that came to arrest Jesus. Please sometimes we close our senses to the truth.
Re: The Sword by chakula: 6:10pm On Aug 05, 2010
vedaxcool:

You quite funny to want us to think that Jesus did not authorize violence in the run off to the crucifiction, remember when Jesus ordered his disciples to sell off their garment and purchase a sword and then went on to say watch here while I pray and this same sword he told peter and co to buy , one of his disciples used it to loop off the ear of the guards that came to arrest Jesus. Please sometimes we close our senses to the truth.

is like xtians are not aware of the verse which described how jesus ordered the disciples to have their sword with them,
Re: The Sword by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:10pm On Aug 05, 2010
What does muslims and cultists know about the scriptures apart from the half truths and lies from the pit of hell?  Those who have refused to believe the truth are given over to believing a lie.

Jesus was prophesied to be the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6) and at his birth the angels sang "peace on earth" (Luke 2:14), yet He has been the very centre of conflict in the world ever since He came.  Those who receive Him, "have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1).  The promise of global peace will finally be fulfilled, when Jesus Christ returns.  Are you ready for His return?
Re: The Sword by noetic16(m): 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2010
KunleOshob:

@olaadegbu

did u read the OP at all?
Re: The Sword by debosky(m): 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2010
noetic16:

For once I agree with you. . . .Jesus is still on the throne! cheesy
Re: The Sword by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

The Sword

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword" (Matthew 10:34).

The Christian life is a life of war, and the Christian soldier must be a skilled swordsman if he is to survive and win. In our text, Jesus taught that a peaceful life would not be the Christian’s lot, but a life of swordsmanship instead.

The first "sword" mentioned in the Old Testament was not a sword of metal, but a "flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life" (Genesis 3:24).  Likewise, the final sword mentioned in the New Testament is "the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth" (Revelation 19:21).  This is the fiery sword with which the coming "man of sin" (2 Thessalonians 2:3) will be defeated "whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming" (v. cool"He shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked" (Isaiah 11:4).

The mighty "word of the LORD" by which "were the heavens made" (Psalm 33:6) is still a flaming sword, turning every way, for "out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword" (Revelation 1:16) as John saw Him in His present glory.

Furthermore, we can wield this same sword by His Spirit, for "the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword . . . a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).

The Christian armour, as outlined in Ephesians 6:13-17, is all defensive armour with the one exception of the prayerful use of "the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" (v. 17).  In this wonderful text, the spoken "word of God" is in view--the sword applied, on either edge, turning every way, probing exactly when and where needed in each encounter of every battle of the Christian warfare. HMM

For more . . . .

word of God ko abi word of Dog ni? abeg make we hear word ja-re!!! carry that your book of confusion wey u dey quote go wipe your nyash with am grin
Re: The Sword by KunleOshob(m): 10:51pm On Aug 05, 2010
It is threafds like this and support for it by supposed christians that continues to convince me that 95% of christians have missed it.

@vedaxcool
Even given your ill conceived submission, what was Jesus reaction to Peter using a sword on one of the soldiers that came to arrest him? If you call your self a christian and you haven't come to terms with the fact that the whole of christianity is based on love which translates to peace then you have no clue about what you claim to believe in an you cannot possibly claim to be a christ like christian. Go and stuidy the teachings of christ and the apostles well if you truly desire to be a christian.
Re: The Sword by aletheia(m): 12:48am On Aug 06, 2010
KunleOshob:

It is threafds like this and support for it by supposed christians that continues to convince me that 95% of christians have missed it.
^^^
noetic16:

Re: The Sword by aletheia(m): 1:01am On Aug 06, 2010
Pilgrim's Progress:

Then Apollyon, espying his opportunity, began to gather up close to Christian, and wrestling with him, gave him a dreadful fall; and with that, Christian’s sword flew out of his hand. Then said Apollyon, I am sure of thee now. And with that he had almost pressed him to death; so that Christian began to despair of life: but as God would have it, while Apollyon was fetching of his last blow, thereby to make a full end of this good man, Christian nimbly
stretched out his hand for his sword, and caught it, saying, “Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise” [Micah. 7:8]; and with that gave him a deadly thrust, which made him give back, as one that had received his mortal wound.
Christian perceiving that, made at him again, saying, “Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors, through Him
that loved us” [Rom. 8:37]. And with that Apollyon spread forth his dragon’s wings, and sped him away, that Christian for a
season saw him no more [James 4:7].
Re: The Sword by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:01am On Aug 06, 2010
@aletheia,

Only if today's modern christians begin to read books like the Pilgrim's progress maybe their spiritual antenna would be much sharper than it is now.
Re: The Sword by aletheia(m): 5:22am On Aug 06, 2010
^^^I am 100% in agreement with you, sir. Please don't be discouraged in posting the truth. The Lord Jesus strengthen you always.
Re: The Sword by chakula: 7:57am On Aug 06, 2010
How can a jesus that seek for the strengthen from his creator will be able to apply the same to another person would it be possible?

aletheia:

The Lord Jesus strengthen you always.
Re: The Sword by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2010
aletheia:

^^^I am 100% in agreement with you, sir. Please don't be discouraged in posting the truth. The Lord Jesus strengthen you always.

May the Lord keep us in the small and narrow way till we see Him face to face.
Re: The Sword by Image123(m): 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2010
OLAADEGBU
Is there something you deleted/edited from the original post, or what exactly is kunleoshob afraid of here?
Re: The Sword by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2010
Image123:

OLAADEGBU
Is there something you deleted/edited from the original post, or what exactly is kunleoshob afraid of here?

My brother, I didn't delete anything, what you see is what you get.  I don't think the guy even read the OP before pressing the reply button, maybe he should blame bacchus for this.
Re: The Sword by Image123(m): 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2010
Bacchus ke? Kunle can not get drunk. I can boast it again kunle can never get drunk. He's older than that.
Re: The Sword by nopuqeater: 9:41pm On Aug 06, 2010
@Olaadegbu: « #6 on: Yesterday at 07:10:00 PM »
What does muslims and cultists know about the scriptures apart from the half truths and lies from the pit of hell?
Olaadegbu must have went to Nigerian University, by his cultist reference. Now, about the muslims, is it not true that the Old Testament (part of the scriptures, of the Christians, but the only scripture of the Jews), says about God which it calls Yahweh as being Invisible and One, Who creates everything and nothing exists but my it being His creation? Is it not true that the New Testament (rejected and not recognized by the Jews, the people the Christians cant get enough of, calling them an inferior being by saying that they are Gentiles, the same way white people call blacks Niggers. The NT is only recognized by the Christians, among those who say the Bible is their religious text, so we see how important the Bible, sorry the scripture is then; some accepted part, and some accepted whole, but one part is merely reduced to Love your God and neighbor and not rspected as Jesus said it should be, including its least of jots!), says of God from the lips of Jesus is Eloi, and that this very Eloi is the Lord and God of Jesus? Is that God not just One and the One Who sent Jesus His servant? Olaadegbu, ara e o ya.

Those who have refused to believe the truth are given over to believing a lie.
Which is the truth here; Jesus is a God, Eloi is a God, Ghost is a God or Eloi is Lord and God Who is One, does everything while Jesus His servant cant do anything out of his zero power? Are you therefore not the one giving to a lie; lying on God Who is One, and Hid servant Jesus son of Mary?

Jesus was prophesied to be the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6)
From the lips of Jesus he was not a prince or king. And from the action of Jesu, where is the peace when he in youth destroyed old men Jews business tables, and in adult said that any of his followers who did not already possess a bag should sell his belongings to buy sword? CAn the bag be less potent than the sword? Absolutely not.

and at his birth the angels sang "peace on earth" (Luke 2:14),
The christinas have been riding free with their story about Jesus birth without a thorough look at the events surrounding it. How many people at the birth of this noble soul but hs mother alone, until his birth? Who told the Christians that some angels sang as in the above quoted verse? If it was not Mary or Jesus who was a new born then, I ask again, who told you that there was a song by Angels? You need to address this with clear evidence, proof. Just a single proof. Just saying it is not enough for those of us who do not fall for blind faith. There is part of belief which is always the Proof.

yet He has been the very centre of conflict in the world ever since He came.
Until Islam of Muhammad, the conflict that yo alluded to must be between the Jewish 12 nations. I call it internal conflict. Islam is not even against Jesus son of Virgin Mary. He is a noble soul, a prophet to his people, the 12 nations of the children of israel and a messenger of his Lord, proclaiming that the Messages of the old Messengers and Prophets are not to be abolished and that whosoever does opposite or encourages anyone to do so, shall be destined for hell fire, which the bible calls the least in heaven, and that there is a Messenger to come after him, whose name is Ahmad the another comforter who will hear from God and repeats only what he hears, speaks the truth so that people will hear (audio tendency, quality), corrects mistakes, speaks highly of Jesus, all the truth about him, including his mother, teach and lead toall things and abide with us forever, which the world at that time did not know. Today, the Quran is alive, therefore Muhammad (AS, Ahmad) is alive, and his hadith which does not contradict the Quran is authentic, alive with us.

Those who receive Him, "have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1).
Roman writer desire only without a proof. Those who received Moses, and died in the state of belief long before Jesus, are they not in peace with God? Was Moses not in peace with God, since God spoke with him and allowed him to live till the appointed time of death? I remember a portion that the children of Israel said to Moses "dont let God talk to us directly, we are okay with you talking to Him and relating the commands to us", becaause they know that if God talks to them, they being ordinary people will perish. Was Adam not in peace with God? WAs Noah, or Abraham, Lot, etc, etc including John in peace with God? Where is Jesus in all of these? No where.

The promise of global peace will finally be fulfilled, when Jesus Christ returns.  Are you ready for His return?
The Bible says the return of Jesus is end of time. The Quran says his return is one of the signs of the end of time. End of time means Judgement day is getting pretty near. How can there be global peace when he arrives till end of time?  Are all christians sure going to christian heaven, which I believe they take to be paradise? Absolutely not. So even among the people who take Jesus as a God, there is failure. Hence Jesus is not all that end all.
Re: The Sword by nopuqeater: 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2010
@Kunleoshob: « #10 on: Yesterday at 10:51:09 PM »

@vedaxcool
Even given your ill conceived submission, what was Jesus reaction to Peter using a sword on one of the soldiers that came to arrest him? If you call your self a christian and you haven't come to terms with the fact that the whole of christianity is based on love which translates to peace then you have no clue about what you claim to believe in an you cannot possibly claim to be a christ like christian. Go and stuidy the teachings of christ and the apostles well if you truly desire to be a christian.
Vedaxcool spoke about the command of Jesus on his individual followers who did not have a bag to go out, sell all their garments and nuy sword with the monies. When a person sells all his belongings and buys a weapon, can we say such a person was not preparing for some kind of conflict? To deny that is to deny that the Jews dont insult Jesus today (see the video on Youtube; Zionist Savages insulting Jesus).

If just saying that a man makes a strategic decision not to fight after he has prepared for it makes him a peace loving person, we may have to look at why he decide to not fight or try to kill or hurt anyone. In the case of Jesus, his companions and he were at a disadvantage in fighting power of ammonitions and human number. He was not at an advantage throughout the ordeal. And the savage Jews were not going to stop themselves from getting him. If he was at some advantages at anytime we could have said that he was kind, peace loving, from what we read in the Bible.

In the Quran and in the hadith Allah told Muhammad (AS) to show mercy. From the hadith we read where he showed mercy many times on arabs and non arabs alike. For the arabs we remember the wholesale amnesty for the Makkans at the conquer of Makka without a blood shed, but destructions of the idols of the idolaters. And we cant forget the mercy shown on the jewish woman who poisoned him. WHile Muhammad (AS) forgave the woman, Jesus cursed the fig tree, did not forgive the thief on his left for not recognizing him. Did Jesus not fight? HE didnt fight as an adult because he did not have the fire power, based on the little faith his 12 companions had. From them you had a one who betrayed him, another who denied hm three times in one night and other "chicken liver" qualities, before one became Peter the Rock, he was soft like a bowl of akamu.
Re: The Sword by aletheia(m): 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2010
^^^10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Re: The Sword by nopuqeater: 10:32pm On Aug 06, 2010
@OLaadegbu: « #3 on: Yesterday at 01:15:41 PM »
The Word of God is quick and powerful than a twoedged sword.
And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the croass - COLOSSIANS 2:15 NIV
Who is the speaker and who was he reporting that triumph by the cross? Olaadegbu, did you read it before posting, and not thinking that those of us who are not blind to faith, will want to know who the speaker is and who he/she was talking about? Needing proof[s] for your claims which without proof, will be just a statement.
Re: The Sword by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

My brother, I didn't delete anything, what you see is what you get. I don't think the guy even read the OP before pressing the reply button, maybe he should blame baccus for this.
OMG whats the meaning of baccus?
Re: The Sword by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2010
nopuqeater:

@OLaadegbu: « #3 on: Yesterday at 01:15:41 PM »Who is the speaker and who was he reporting that triumph by the cross? Olaadegbu, did you read it before posting, and not thinking that those of us who are not blind to faith, will want to know who the speaker is and who he/she was talking about? Needing proof[s] for your claims which without proof, will be just a statement.

whats the problem of this islamic militant?
Re: The Sword by nopuqeater: 10:53pm On Aug 06, 2010
@Aletheia: « #22 on: Today at 10:31:56 PM »
^^^10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.  11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.  14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
All of these fits an Islamic sermon, in any masjid becasue we have just one Lord God, while you aletheia have three gods; Jesus is one, Ghost is the second and Father is the third. How can you in good conscience say that you are not an idolater?

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
And from the gospel of peace we see have your self a bag or sell your clothing to purchase for you a sword. And this is not the only place we see violence or intent to violate; how about the overturnng of the tables of old Jewish traders dealing in interests, whereas he could have told them as Muhammad (AS) did in the lst sermon saying the interest to be paid to my uncle Abass is under my feet, and Jesus telling the some parable about killing who waylaid the heir of the wealthy, and other parables. Some peaceful materials from the gospel of peace, am sure.

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:  18  Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Where is the head and or tail and middle of this piece? where exactly is this leading aletheia? Is jesus the speaker here or he didnt "finish" everything even though he said it is finished and you said he is the all that ends all, yet some other speakers are continuing to cajole ot coral many people, as we can see the statements tey made on te pages of the Bible? Which way is up, man? I know you have no shame, though you are spiritually naked, you do not notice that those who are spiritually clothe are looking the other way so that they can avoid seeing the eyesore you exposed.
Re: The Sword by nopuqeater: 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2010
@Toba: « #25 on: Today at 10:41:11 PM »
Quote from: nopuqeater on Today at 10:32:50 PM
@OLaadegbu: « #3 on: Yesterday at 01:15:41 PM »Who is the speaker and who was he reporting that triumph by the cross? Olaadegbu, did you read it before posting, and not thinking that those of us who are not blind to faith, will want to know who the speaker is and who he/she was talking about? Needing proof[s] for your claims which without proof, will be just a statement.

whats the problem of this islamic militant?
What and where are signs of militancy in the above from me? Toba, are you okay? You should answer the question's] for your brother Olaadegbu, afterall you all think alike, at least. Abi?
Re: The Sword by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 06, 2010
^^ firstly the op isnt referring to ur promiscuos prophet/ur religion that sucks. Hows anything being said here affect ur soul to have warranted opposition from u?
Re: The Sword by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23pm On Aug 06, 2010
Image123:

Bacchus ke? Kunle can not get drunk. I can boast it again kunle can never get drunk. He's older than that.

Bacchus does not respect age o, as many that subject themselves to him must do their masters' biddings.
Re: The Sword by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42pm On Aug 06, 2010
@nopuqeater,

It is either you receive Him now as your Saviour or you will not find it funny when you find yourself on the losing side fighting for your mahdi.

[flash=500,400]http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-8870177642686242029&hl=en&fs=true[/flash]

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8870177642686242029

You better listen to this message and watch what Afshin a former muslim had to say about Jesus who is to consume your mahdi with the sword in His mouth at His Second coming.
Re: The Sword by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:08am On Aug 07, 2010
aletheia:

^^^10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and [b]the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:[/b] 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

It was Charles Spurgeon that said that we "must thrust the sword of the Spirit into the hearts of men".

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bride Of Christ Is Under Attack Now - Call To 40 Day Fasting / Should Religious People Still Listen To Jay Z And Co.? / Is Ajakaka Club Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.