Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Why Are Most Nigerians Delusional - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Most Nigerians Delusional (405 Views)

Crazy Delusional Lady, Gets Married To Herself / Ukrainian Woman Calls Most Nigerians Fraudsters. / 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Nigerians Delusional by T1mmy(m): 8:26pm On Dec 21, 2018
I'd like to understand better why most young people feel they can watch TV, browse social media, eat, sleep, do house chores, and repeat the whole process everyday, and then think that after NYSC, a job will be waiting for them.

I need to understand the reasoning behind this process to help some people in my life.

I've tried to emphasize why this is stupid. Even while I was in sch, I tried to let my colleagues see this (most of them are now into fraud btw).

I've been trying to convince my siblings for a while now to get a reasonable skill, but I don't know what strategy to use in getting this stuff to stick in people's heads.
So I'm asking. If you've ever derailed someone from this deadly path, how did you achieve this?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Delusional by kunleweb: 8:29pm On Dec 21, 2018
T1mmy:
I'd like to understand better why most young people feel they can watch TV, browse social media, eat, sleep, do house chores, and repeat the whole process everyday, and then think that after NYSC, a job will be waiting for them.

I need to understand the reasoning behind this process to help some people in my life.

I've tried to emphasize why this is stupid. Even while I was in sch, I tried to let my colleagues see this (most of them are now into fraud btw).

I've been trying to convince my siblings for a while now to get a reasonable skill, but I don't know what strategy to use in getting this stuff to stick in people's heads.
So I'm asking. If you've ever derailed someone from this deadly path, how did you achieve this?

Brilliant insight

Oya princefred

MadamExcellency

Tripplephi

Postmann

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Delusional by tripplephi: 9:40pm On Dec 21, 2018
Well I must HAIL my brother, boss kunleweb THANKS for the mention

NOW let us solve this easily... HERE IS THE TRUTH... THE BITTER TRUTH

PEOPLE DO NOT HEAR WORDS, THEY ONLY HEAR ACTIONS

If you understand what I just emboldened above then you will understand how to change them.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO TALK.... too much talk is a waste of time. BE THE EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO BE and THEY WILL SIMPLY COPY YOU.

Never correct people with WORDS but with ACTIONS.

I once told people even my own family that it is possible to make money on the internet and they MOCKED me for 5 bitter years... BUT TODAY I am the living proof of it and better than everyone of them who had 9-5 jobs. Just last week they gathered and begged me to teach them the same things I only SPOKE of 4 years ago....

PROOF PRODUCERS TALK LESS.

INFLUENCE is a VERB not a PRONOUN.

WORDS have deeper meaning BASED on WHO IS SPEAKING.

so understand it.... TALK LESS.... BE MORE!!! TALK LESS ..... DO MORE!!! and watch how people will even OBEY YOUR sneezing/cough.

T1mmy:

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Delusional by T1mmy(m): 10:16pm On Dec 21, 2018
tripplephi:

If you understand what I just emboldened above then you will understand how to change them.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO TALK.... too much talk is a waste of time. BE THE EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO BE and THEY WILL SIMPLY COPY YOU.

I once told people even my own family that it is possible to make money on the internet and they MOCKED me for 5 bitter years... BUT TODAY I am the living proof of it and better than everyone of them who had 9-5 jobs. Just last week they gathered and begged me to teach them the same things I only SPOKE of 4 years ago....

so understand it.... TALK LESS.... BE MORE!!! TALK LESS ..... DO MORE!!! and watch how people will even OBEY YOUR sneezing/cough.

Mehn ... I don't know what more example I need to set for them o esp family members. I've done most of what some clearly stated were going to be impossible from being an independent learner, now they think it's just luck.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Delusional by kunleweb: 10:44pm On Dec 21, 2018
T1mmy:

Mehn ... I don't know what more example I need to set for them o esp family members. I've done most of what some clearly stated were going to be impossible from being an independent learner, now they think it's just luck.

Tripplephi has said.it.all. permit me.to make it simpler. Just be successful at.what you do,at thr right time they'll come.knocking
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Delusional by Avast(m): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2018
tripplephi:

I sent you a mail honorable tripplephi
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Delusional by kunleweb: 10:44am On Sep 09, 2019
T1mmy:

I just looked up this thread and couldn't help laughing.

What an intense ..
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Delusional by romme2u: 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2019
cheesy

3 things..........

1. Cultural and Religious Indoctrination (promotes grace n miracle.......forgetting that life is a struggle)

2. Over-bloated sense of self-worth ("do you know who am i" crew)

3. Entitlement Mentality (As if the world owes them a living)
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Delusional by NairalandSARS: 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2019
T1mmy:

What skills did your ancestors have? In a standard society, ghe lazy ones should at least have a comfortable life with the basic needs provided. Not everyone wants to be a multimillionaire.

(1) (Reply)

Can Men Be Feminists? / Buhari Collapses In LOKOJA Few Days To Election - See Video And Comments / Opportunities To Buy Affordable Tokunbo Power Bike And Powerful Motorcycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.