Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results (16960 Views)

Winners Chapel 21-day Prayer And Fasting 2024 Prayer Points / Leah Sharibu: TB Joshua Calls For Three Days Prayer And Fasting / The Secret Behind MFM Fire Prayers And Why You Must Start Praying Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by Bedotfarms: 10:21am On Dec 23, 2018
Please, think before you write and not the vice-versa.
The believers are Praying and Fasting, and working.
What have you contributed to this Country in any ramification, since you have to the whole countries in the world.
you are entitled to your opinion at anaytical, but you know what, when yours is compared to my thinking faculty its not up to 0.00001 of what I do.
what way have you done in curbing any of your listed defaults of the country.

The challenge the Nation has is not the head Problem, not even religious but the roots, and a good example is you.

realmindz:

Poverty, illiteracy, diseases, terrorism, decayed infrastructure etc...
Yet you boast of one of the largest religious activities in the world but one of the most backward countries.
People like you are a problem to forward thinking and enlightenment, so it's the prayers that are working that have prevented a total disintegration, while countries that don't practice religion as we do are progressing... Your sense of analytical thinking is one of the poorest I have come across in life....so much of educated Nigerian youth, you guys deserve the life of mediocrity you are living.
I bet you haven't crossed the border of this country before to see what a better life is, may poverty set you free before religion free you.
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:25am On Dec 23, 2018
PrecisionFx:

It doesn't work, That's why u don't hear it these days.
undecided There is a condition attached to it.

Love your neighbours as you love yourself!

1 Like

Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by realmindz: 10:33am On Dec 23, 2018
Bedotfarms:
Please, think before you write and not the vice-versa.
The believers are Praying and Fasting, and working.
What have you contributed to this Country in any ramification, since you have to the whole countries in the world.
you are entitled to your opinion at anaytical, but you know what, when yours is compared to my thinking faculty its not up to 0.00001 of what I do.
what way have you done in curbing any of your listed defaults of the country

The challenge the Nation has is not the head Problem, not even religious but the roots, and a good example is you.

As expected from the feeble mind of a mediocre...The stupid question of what have you contributed to this country.?

They may be hard working... Prayer and fasting is a waste of time, with or without it, it will make no difference. You can prove it, if you think otherwise, use just one practical example of when prayer and fasting worked.
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by aariwa(m): 10:56am On Dec 23, 2018
lightblazingnow:
Scriptural prayers and fasting will bring these qualities

The book of Isaiah 58

6. *The kind of fasting I want is this: Remove the chains of oppression and the yoke of injustice, and let the oppressed go free.

7. Share your food with the hungry and open your homes to the homeless poor. Give clothes to those who have nothing to wear, and do not refuse to help your own relatives.

8. *Then my favor will shine on you like the morning sun, and your wounds will be quickly healed. I will always be with you to save you; my presence will protect you on every side.

9. When you pray, I will answer you. When you call to me, I will respond. *If you put an end to oppression, to every gesture of contempt, and to every evil word;

10. if you give food to the hungry and satisfy those who are in need, then the darkness around you will turn to the brightness of noon.

11. And I will always guide you and satisfy you with good things. I will keep you strong and well. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water, like a spring of water that never goes dry.
True
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by Bedotfarms: 11:05am On Dec 23, 2018
If you have never made anything better, keep quiet, learn something worthwhile. Other countries are religious, ask an Emirati in UAE before coming here to say rubbish.

realmindz:

As expected from the feeble mind of a mediocre...The stupid question of what have you contributed to this country.?

They may be hard working... Prayer and fasting is a waste of time, with or without it, it will make no difference. You can prove it, if you think otherwise, use just one practical example of when prayer and fasting worked.
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by Connecticut: 11:07am On Dec 23, 2018
Flexherbal:
This is the GOSPEL !

The type that aught to be preached in churches, every Sunday.
The pastors Will never preach this type of gospel they know by preaching this the world will be at peace but 98% of pastors are the enemy of Our Lord Jesus Christ. They preach what suit them and also preach what the people wanted to hear. May Lord Jesus Christ forgive me and you all. Happy Sunday.
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by OKUCHI11(m): 11:25am On Dec 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
After independence, in order to build a great nation, each country went to work. But in Nigeria, after independence, our people went to pray and fast. So, while we were praying, Malaysia came here and took our palm seedlings and built a great factory of it. While we were praying, Singapore went into investment in technology. While we were praying, India went into ICT. While we were praying, China went to massive industrialization. While we were shouting Allah Alakuba! UAE went into massive infrastructural development. While we were binding and casting Lucifer, Japan went into technological development. While we were speaking in tongues, Denmark went into education of her citizens. While we were mounting big speakers in our places of worship, USA was mounting man on the moon.

After our prayers, God, being a wise God decided to reward us according to our labour. Since those that went into industrialization, technology, infrastructural development, ICT, education etc have been rewarded accordingly. It's only wise God rewards us with our efforts in prayers. That's why today, Nigerian pastors are competing in building the biggest churches.

That's why there are more prayer houses and worship places than hospitals and schools. That's why people rush to prayer houses for medical and business solutions instead of hospitals. That's why we don't do business proposals before jumping into business since we are going to back it up with prayers. And when it collapse, we blame devil. That's why it's a sin to say anything negative about pastors and imams. That's why our pastors don't consider the opinion of engineers while building and blame devil when building collapse. That's why faith in God replaces building pillars and when it collapse we blame it on Lucifer. That's why our pastors are making sure they plant church branches instead of schools in every streets in Nigeria. That's why we always wait for gods to do that which ability to accomplish we already have in us. That's why we want our teachers to labour on earth and go to heaven for their rewards. Nigeria is a prayer loving, god fearing nation. Religion has taken the place of technology, infrastructure, education and all. When we are traveling, we ignore all the necessary road requirements, servicing of our vehicles and pray. And, once we pray, we can put a half fit vehicle on the road and blame our step mother or mother in law if anything goes wrong. That's why there are more people dying on our roads. Because, we pray and fast and leave everything to God when we have all we need to survive and build a nation....... I hope it made sense to you
such a beautiful and a very well organized piece of thought...
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by mechanics(m): 11:45am On Dec 23, 2018
I concur, but I prefer King James version.
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

undecided There is a condition attached to it.

Love your neighbours as you love yourself!

Another falsehood.

If u like love the devil, prayers is sham, it doesn't achieve any result. We have prayed for Nigeria for over 50 years n Nigeria isn't even a bit better
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by IMASTEX: 1:17pm On Dec 23, 2018
Flexherbal:
This is the GOSPEL !

The type that aught to be preached in churches, every Sunday.
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by Izuboy92(m): 1:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
After independence, in order to build a great nation, each country went to work. But in Nigeria, after independence, our people went to pray and fast. So, while we were praying, Malaysia came here and took our palm seedlings and built a great factory of it. While we were praying, Singapore went into investment in technology. While we were praying, India went into ICT. While we were praying, China went to massive industrialization. While we were shouting Allah Alakuba! UAE went into massive infrastructural development. While we were binding and casting Lucifer, Japan went into technological development. While we were speaking in tongues, Denmark went into education of her citizens. While we were mounting big speakers in our places of worship, USA was mounting man on the moon.

After our prayers, God, being a wise God decided to reward us according to our labour. Since those that went into industrialization, technology, infrastructural development, ICT, education etc have been rewarded accordingly. It's only wise God rewards us with our efforts in prayers. That's why today, Nigerian pastors are competing in building the biggest churches.

That's why there are more prayer houses and worship places than hospitals and schools. That's why people rush to prayer houses for medical and business solutions instead of hospitals. That's why we don't do business proposals before jumping into business since we are going to back it up with prayers. And when it collapse, we blame devil. That's why it's a sin to say anything negative about pastors and imams. That's why our pastors don't consider the opinion of engineers while building and blame devil when building collapse. That's why faith in God replaces building pillars and when it collapse we blame it on Lucifer. That's why our pastors are making sure they plant church branches instead of schools in every streets in Nigeria. That's why we always wait for gods to do that which ability to accomplish we already have in us. That's why we want our teachers to labour on earth and go to heaven for their rewards. Nigeria is a prayer loving, god fearing nation. Religion has taken the place of technology, infrastructure, education and all. When we are traveling, we ignore all the necessary road requirements, servicing of our vehicles and pray. And, once we pray, we can put a half fit vehicle on the road and blame our step mother or mother in law if anything goes wrong. That's why there are more people dying on our roads. Because, we pray and fast and leave everything to God when we have all we need to survive and build a nation....... I hope it made sense to you
. You are an illumined soul.. How did Africa and Nigeria got to this level of ignorance and disgusting low mentality despite our so called education. I wonder if it isn't the same education other parts of the world imbibed... Bless you.@ HOPEFULL LANDLORD...See you at the top
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by almarthins(m): 1:29pm On Dec 23, 2018
realmindz:

The point is that religion is useless and success has nothing at all to do with religion.
You haven't comprehended his post well, he mentioned countries with different religious beliefs who aren't necessarily christians nor Muslims and are doing very well because they are practical. It has nothing to do with your gods blessing some people or turning his back on others.. Don't be over delusional. Your going to church or mosque or whatever belief you practice is insignificant, whatever faith you hold, it has nothing to do with your success, if you disagree then give evidences of how people of one belief are more successful than people of other beliefs...

When an atheist attack one can be sure of a savage mind. A mind that only intend to attack the creator and indirectly the creature( the went so low as to say they evolve from apes).however, I comprehend its intent completely. The whole earth is centred on nothing, it spin on its own without nobody pushing or pulling it.nevertheless, Religion has nothing to with thinking beyond the limit of ordinary mind.

If you re looking for a christian who had made significant discovery, I won't tell you there are nt a single one. I need to research great discovery that was made by Christians that was nt attributed them but to science. Historically, there have been several attempys to silent christianity. There are powers beyond what human scientist can explain which some of you rebelliously deny. The problem with religion/religious leaders is they try to play both God and judge at the same time, which is nt their place or right to do.
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

bless you brethren
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by Gandollar(f): 2:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
DEHVEHLOP:
I'm a Muslim, but I love all Christians as mandated by the glorious Quran.

Merry Christmas and a great new year in advance
Go and read your quoran again. This time slowly.
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by God2man2again(m): 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
lightblazingnow:

The book of Isaiah 58

6. *The kind of fasting I want is this: Remove the chains of oppression and the yoke of injustice, and let the oppressed go free.

7. Share your food with the hungry and open your homes to the homeless poor. Give clothes to those who have nothing to wear, and do not refuse to help your own relatives.

8. *Then my favor will shine on you like the morning sun, and your wounds will be quickly healed. I will always be with you to save you; my presence will protect you on every side.

9. When you pray, I will answer you. When you call to me, I will respond. *If you put an end to oppression, to every gesture of contempt, and to every evil word;

10. if you give food to the hungry and satisfy those who are in need, then the darkness around you will turn to the brightness of noon.

11. And I will always guide you and satisfy you with good things. I will keep you strong and well. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water, like a spring of water that never goes dry.
j'adore
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by platodeen(m): 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2018
In case your work place needs a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT, abeg assist a brother.

Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by DEHVEHLOP(m): 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
Gandollar:
Go and read your quoran again. This time slowly.

I understand you Bro.

I will do as you said. But please read the following slowly too:

Mathew 10:34-40

The whole of books of; Solomon, Daniel, Ezekiel, Deutronomy.

Salamun aleika
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by kkins25(m): 10:26pm On Dec 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Brother this is beautiful. Its definitely going on my Facebook page.
Re: When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results by Kobojunkiee: 4:33am On Sep 26, 2023
lightblazingnow:
The book of Isaiah 58
The key takeaway from this is that God never asked anyone to starve themselves of food for His sake. Rather, He urged His followers to do works of good to others rather than engage in meaningless starvation diets,— do good works— and only then will He answer their prayers. undecided

Now course, if you do "good" works like the Pharisees do — cloaked in their sins and religion — you might as well be engaging in starvation diets for all you want because God did say that your righteousness aka "good" works has to exceed that of the Pharisees if you are to expect anything from Him. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife / Now Or Never! By Pastor Adeboye / Is There Any Sin God Can't Forgive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.