Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,118 members, 7,842,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East (4541 Views)

Beautiful Cities In Southwest Vs Beautiful Cities In Southeast. / This Election Won't Be Free & Fair If INEC Doesn't Produce New Ballot Papers-US / Southwest Vs South South (which Is More Developed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by StOla: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2018
Ziggylady:

Blablablabla...You can call me whatever you like its your business...

We shall see how many 'bridges' you have in 2023 when APC fields a yoruba person and PDP a Northerner..That is when you will know that 'khaki no be leather.

.Shey you are all pitching your tents with buhari because you imagine he will handover to Osinbanjo abi?..

Till then. cool

I tell you again over and over, the PDP will field a Southerner to your shame and misery.

You have become so politically hopeless that you already know that your political aspirations will amount to nought, hence your Northern slavery as the better alternative to the shame of failure.

The 3regions of the south will contest for the PDP party presidential ticket in 2023, just as the 3regions of the North already contested the party ticket in 2019.

Stop projecting your Igbo fears of failure on the PDP that has other Southern tribes and regions with ambitions.

It is not the fault of the rest of the South that you are politically useless to yourselves.

You can take your APGA presidential ticket and go beg any Northern almajiri to accept the APGA ticket that Igbos only control, you are only 1/6 of PDP.

Bookmark it!

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:08am On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Bros you are always polite and calm. That is a great quality unlike your uncouth fellowmen whose insulting ways ellicit same from us as a consequence.

To your point. Sure PDP can produce Tambuwal. We would have to see whether influential APC Northerners would not work against him because they themselves have an eye on the Presidency after Osinbajo and know they beed SW support for that project.

Buhari would support Osinbajo or any Yoruba candidate in the spirit of equity and considering the unwavering support his region has gotten from th SW politically. So would a lot of Northerners in the APC like EL Rufai et all who will only grow more in influence in the next four year.

We will see sha but what is clear is that Yorubas, unlike others , won't stop trying because we have already assumed the worst as Igbos do to their own detriment always. Remember Tinubu never gave up trying to depose the PDP when Ogbulafor was busy bragging that PDP would rule for 60 years.

Whereas many Igbos, bar few like Ngige, ever believed in working hard and challenging the status quo. They just want to jump on any 'food is ready' political platform, like Obi is now doing with the PDP, without appreciating you have to nurture and build things that will last and continue deliver for you.

No one can predict the future but I would not bet against the long term planning, patience, bridge-building ability and visionary approach of the Yorubas getting them what they want.

Their local almajiris will not allow anyone steal their victory.The APC northern leaders will not even be comfortable campaigning or Osibanjo a Christian and a southerner in the North.It would sound a death knell to their political ambitions.Yes no one can predict the future that is why I was surprised the way you wrote off the SS/SE and went on to claim the SW has the 2023 presidency.FYI No southerner can emerge president in this country against a northern candidate unless the there southern regions work together

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

abegi don't mention the SS and SW in one sentence ever again.You betrayed their son in 2015 and wants them to support you in 2023.See people that are talking about burning bridges.Bridges kee you dia

How is the loss of GEJ in 2015 a "betrayal" of the SS? GEJ, despite his monumental misrule and sidelining of the SW, still got over 40% of SW votes. I would say that is commendable and politically sophisticated behaviour from the Yorubas and certainly not what any reasonable and fair person can term "betrayal".

We did not owe GEJ anything , especially as he totally marginalised the SW, yet he still got a lot of votes in the SW. Make what you will of that and what the Yorubas really are even as most of your kinsmen declare them to be the opposite of that.

Look at your people who vindictively and overwhelmingly rejected Buhari because you claim he is bad to you yet we did not do same to GEJ even if we had reasons to. If anyone in the SS want to hold the loss of GEJ against the Yorubas then that is their problem.

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:09am On Dec 22, 2018
StOla:

I tell you again over and over, the PDP will field a Southerner to your shame and misery.

The 3regions of the south will contest for the PDP party presidential ticket in 2023, just as the 3regions of the North already contested the party ticket in 2019.

Stop projecting your Igbo fears of failure on the PDP that has other Southern tribes and regions with ambitions.

It is not the fault of the rest of the South that you are politically useless to yourselves.

You can take your APGA presidential ticket and go beg any Northern almajiri to accept the APGA ticket that Igbos only control, you are only 1/6 of PDP.

Bookmark it!

grin grin grin grin we will not contest!!! Go and face the northerners.nobi by force to contest ni grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Ziggylady(f): 11:09am On Dec 22, 2018
StOla:

I tell you again over and over, the PDP will field a Southerner.

It is not the rest of the South that you are politically useless to yourselves.

Bookmark it!

Guy get lost will you?..is it by force? Constituting a nuisance on my mentions will not make your greedy lust for power in 2023 a reality..

You claim we are 'useless politically..i agree,that is why the Presidency in 2023 will most likely be between the North with an Igbo VP and the SW with a Northern VP....We shall see how far with your so-called bridges by then

Bye.

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by StOla: 11:13am On Dec 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

grin grin grin grin we will not contest!!! Go and face the northerners.nobi by force to contest ni grin grin grin grin grin

Whoever said you were regarded for political competition?

Are you the one controlling PDP?

When 5 regions of PDP decide that the party ticket is zoned to Southern Nigeria, let the 1 region of SouthEast shamelessly decide it wants the North to have it, it would still be an inconsequential vote.

You always have your Igbo APGA ticket to give to any Northern almajiri of your choice in 2023.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by StOla: 11:21am On Dec 22, 2018
Ziggylady:

Guy get lost will you?..is it by force? Constituting a nuisance on my mentions will not make your greedy lust for power in 2023 a reality..

You claim we are 'useless politically..i agree,that is why the Presidency in 2023 will most likely be between the North with an Igbo VP and the SW with a Northern VP....We shall see how far with your so-called bridges by then

Bye.

You have always been good as slaves to the North, so continue to make projections of slavery while the SouthWest and SouthSouth continue to make projections of leadership.

Even APGA will rather have a Northerner as Presidential candidate in 2023, with the Igbos taking the customary deputy role.

Abiola/Kingibe ticket which was a South/North combination defeated a Tofa/Ugoh ticket which was a North/South combination. So your failed hopes did not start today.

We knew how far bridges ensured that Abiola flogged Tofa in his home state of Kano.

I assert that PDP will zone its 2023 presidential ticket to Southern Nigeria, and there is nothing the miserable SouthEast who already are scared of competing among their fellow South can do about it.

While the rest of the South are working towards their leadership of the country in 2023, the Igbos are canvassing for their deputy role to a Northern president.

Mental slavery!

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Foolishbuhari: 11:21am On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

How is the loss of GEJ in 2015 a "betrayal" of the SS? GEJ, despite his monumental misrule and sidelining of the SW, still got over 40% of SW votes. I would say that is commendable and politically sophisticated behaviour from the Yorubas and certainly not what any reasonable and fair person can term "betrayal".

We did not owe GEJ anything , especially as he totally marginalised the SW, yet he still got a lot of votes in the SW. Make what you will of that and what the Yorubas really are even as most of your kinsmen declare them to be the opposite of that.

Look at your people who vindictively and overwhelmingly rejected Buhari because you claim he is bad to you yet we did not do same to GEJ even if we had reasons to. If anyone in the SS want to hold the loss of GEJ against the Yorubas then that is their problem.

But did their assertion turn true or not? Has buhari not been a disaster so far? What reasonable people predicted then, hasn't it come to pass?

One thing you people don't understand is that why was it only buhari the SE and SS treat with such animosity? Was Yar Adua not a fulani and Muslim? Yet we loved him and prayed for him when he was on his death bed.

So you see my friend, it's not about hating buhari but about predicting his antecedents from his precedence and hating the dark air of division that goes with him. Or would you say Fela who also hated the man did because he's igbo?

Let's not ever sacrifice competence on the altar of bigotry and sentiments!

8 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:22am On Dec 22, 2018
Drchristian:

Vote for them they will never vote for you.

We have said it again South easterners vote is inconsequential.

Abiola defeated Northerners and Igbo in 1993

Awolowo almost defeated Shagari and Igbo... Therefore your vote is meaningless.

Buhari will defeat Atiku.

Is it Yoruba votes that are consequential? Hw come your pple lost 1959,1979,1983 and 1999 elections? Or you think Nigeria began with 2015?

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:24am On Dec 22, 2018
StOla:

You have always been good as slaves to the North, so continue to make projections of slavery while the SouthWest and SouthSouth continue to make projections of leadership.

Even APGA will rather have a Northerner as Presidential candidate in 2023, with the Igbos taking the customary deputy role.

Abiola/Kingibe ticket which was a South/North combination defeated a Tofa/Ugoh ticket which was a North/South combination. So your failed hopes did not start today.

We knew how far bridges ensured that Abiola flogged Tofa in his home state of Kano.

I assert that PDP will zone its 2023 presidential ticket to Southern Nigeria, and there is nothing the miserable SouthEast who already are scared of competing among their fellow South can do about it.

Lol. PDP has zones two terms to the north already same as we did to the south during Obj's reign. So come down and drink water.

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Ziggylady(f): 11:25am On Dec 22, 2018
StOla:

While the rest of the South are working towards their leadership of the country in 2023, the Igbos are canvassing for their deputy role to a Northern president.

Mental slavery!

'Yawns',rantings of a delusional ant embarassed....keep it coming even tnough i didnt read the crap you posted

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:25am On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

so Buhari is performing better than GEJ? Even with the herdsmen killing in parts of the SW ,You are willing to support Buhari just for him to hand over to Osibanjo in 2023 SMH

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by PaChukwudi44(m): 11:26am On Dec 22, 2018
Maduawuchukwu:

Is it Yoruba votes that are consequential? Hw come your pple lost 1959,1979,1983 and 1999 elections? Or you think Nigeria began with 2015?

DONT MIND THEM.OBAFEMI AWOLOWO LOST THREE PRESIDNETIAL ELCTIONS YET THEY TRY TO DOWNPLAY IT

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by kettykin: 11:28am On Dec 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

These folks have such a short memory that they seem to forget Obasanjo became the president in 1999 on humanitarian grounds and to compensate their zone for the murder of abiola.

2023 will open their shallowness.

Obasanjo would never have become president without the support of key persons like babangida, danjuma and the pdp founders led by ekwueme.
The same pdp the demons in apc are accusing of wrecking Nigeria restored democracy in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Ziggylady(f): 11:30am On Dec 22, 2018
Maduawuchukwu:

They are clowns only fit in the circus...I have never come across a more delusional group of people as these to be honest.

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2018
2023 is for Edo presidency.

Yoruba had their chances

Ijaw had theirs.

Obaseki is next after buhari

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

so Buhari is performing better than GEJ? Even with the herdsmen killing in parts of the SW ,You are willing to support Buhari just for him to hand over to Osibanjo in 2023 SMH

Buhari is performing far better than GEJ with what he met on the ground and resources he has to work with. That is the truth every reasonable person can admit even if they don't like him. I'd score Buhari low on herdsmen killing but same was happening under PDP.

Still, overall and with all things taken into account, PMB has been a far better President that GEJ by far. Especially if we consider his success against Boko Haram whereas the group proliferated under GEJ and were controlling territories the size of Belgium when that is not the case today and sanity has returned to the NE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:32am On Dec 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

DONT MIND THEM.OBAFEMI AWOLOWO LOST THREE PRESIDNETIAL ELCTIONS YET THEY TRY TO DOWNPLAY IT

Lol. No mind these revisionists.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Ziggylady(f): 11:32am On Dec 22, 2018
kettykin:

This folks have such a short memory that they seem to forget Obasanjo became the president in 1999 on humanitarian grounds and to compensate their zone for the murder of abiola.

2023 will open their shallowness.

Spot on..then the Presidency was zoned to SW because of the june 12 debacle,so head or tail a Swner will come out victorious,even at then,their prefered candidate which the Yorubas wanted (Olu Falae) failed woefully against Obasanjo.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by sapoyoro(m): 11:37am On Dec 22, 2018
Ziggylady:

They are clowns only fit in the circus...I have never come across a more delusional group of people as these to be honest.
I am a Yoruba,stop lumping all of us together because of one baseless argument online,it's sickening.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Ziggylady(f): 11:39am On Dec 22, 2018
sapoyoro:

I am a Yoruba,stop lumping all of us together because of one baseless argument online,it's sickening.

I apologise..no vex.

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Foolishbuhari: 11:40am On Dec 22, 2018
StOla:

Mental slavery!

Never ever mention South South people with your imaginary southern bridge! When we told you people buhari was a bad choice then, you people were blinded by ambition and hate!

Bridges kee you there!

What rest of the south are you talking about BTW? Because as it seems now, only you people in the south are bent on foistering buhari upon us. You people have no choice than to support him now though because your entire political relevance depends on him winning the presidency which by God's grace would not happen!

See you praying PDP whom you all hate should not vote their presidential slot to the north same way you were all jittery about an Atiku ticket...since when did PDP become beautiful to you people?

Baba go and build your bridges oo because you see all your assertions here, it's a dead end!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by sapoyoro(m): 11:45am On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Buhari is performing far better than GEJ with what he met on the ground and resources he has to work with. That is the truth every reasonable person can admit even if they don't like him. I'd score Buhari low on herdsmen killing but same was happening under PDP.

Still, overall and with all things taken into account, PMB has been a far better President that GEJ by far. Especially if we consider his success against Boko Haram whereas the group proliferated under GEJ and were controlling territories the size of Belgium when that is not the case today and sanity has returned to the NE.
oponu sowenu....Buhari is performing far better..
I thought its buhari that build those almongiri schools and 14 federal universities.
I guess its APC that commenced banking reforms which led to the ATM and BVN we talk of today.
The Paris debt being wiped off our slate was also under APC .
The telecommunications sector reforms which led to the boom and expansion of the sector was an APC achievement.
I thought Nigeria Aviation which has absolutely collapsed before 1999 when PDP took over is a fantastic APC achievement.
heck, even this lagos-ibadan railway was a PDP project.
odenson oshi,when you say PDP didn't do anything in sixteen years and GEJ is our worst,I wonder whether you think every Yoruba man on the street is a perpetual mumu like you.
oshigun-perpetual and permanent poverty...
LMAO.

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by StOla: 11:47am On Dec 22, 2018
Foolishbuhari:

Never ever mention South South people with your imaginary southern bridge! When we told you people buhari was a bad choice then, you people were blinded by ambition and hate!

Bridges kee you there!

What rest of the south are you talking about BTW? Because as it seems now, only you people in the south are bent on foistering buhari upon us. You people have no choice than to support him now though because your entire political relevance depends on him winning the presidency which by God's grace would not happen!

See you praying PDP whom you all hate should not vote their presidential slot to the north same way you were all jittery about an Atiku ticket...since when did PDP become beautiful to you people?

Baba go and build your bridges oo because you see all your assertions here, it's a dead end!

I will take Buhari over a useless Jonathan any day anytime.

When I told people prior to the 2011 election that Jonathan was a dunce, they wanted to vote for a man without shoes. By 2015, they had learnt their lessons and sent him packing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by sapoyoro(m): 11:53am On Dec 22, 2018
Ziggylady:

I apologise..no vex.
not all yorubas support APC just like a large percent actually support PDP,
GEJ despite the propaganda machinery got almost 45% percent in SW.
which is a good result considering SW is APC controlled and I did wager Atiku will get even more or around the same.
this should be giving you perspective rather than always abusing every Yorubas
we play the best politics in this country, we are the only ethnic group that doesn't put all our eggs in one basket like u Igbos or the hausas

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by StOla: 11:54am On Dec 22, 2018
Ziggylady:

Spot on..then the Presidency was zoned to SW because of the june 12 debacle,so head or tail a Swner will come out victorious,even at then,their prefered candidate which the Yorubas wanted (Olu Falae) failed woefully against Obasanjo.

How can a presidency zoned to the SouthWest still have Ekwueme, Alabo Graham-Douglas, Etiebet and co still contest the Jos 1998 primaries of PDP?

Or are those politicians from SouthWest?

Is it a crime that Obasanjo contested with his fellow Southerners and defeated them all, with Ekwueme return for a second primary defeat for the 2002 PDP presidential primaries?

That exactly is your fear. Having burnt bridges, you know competing with the rest of the South will result to a SouthWest or SouthSouth victory as decided by Nigerians.

The last time PDP zoned its primaries to the whole of the South, Obasanjo won on both occasions.

Now that PDP is done zoning its 2018 primaries to the whole of the North, the 2022 primaries will be zoned to the whole of the South, since a Northerner has already ruled for 2terms as president.

If APGA likes it can zone its 2023 presidential ticket to the North, so that the SouthEast can get its preferred deputy slot.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Foolishbuhari: 12:00pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Wow! Delusion of the highest order! Have you being to the NE recently? Do you have friends who live there? With all the rubbish including shooting unarmed protesters at the back with 50 caliber machine guns, you still feel buhari is better than Gej?

What you people don't know is if buhari was president when you people occupied Nigeria? He'd probably have shot you all too!

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by QuotaSystem: 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
Why don't vyou remove Abiola's SE/SS votes and see if he will still win.2023 will be different.Since the SW wants to take the rest of the south for fools.We will teach them that no one has a monopoly of playing sophisticated politics.A SW candidate against a northern candidate will only win in the SW and middle belt and faill woefully elsewhere

Why in the world would the PDP present a northern candidate again? I for one would definitely vote a Southerner for equity and peace.

If PDP is to be fair in fact, it would present a SE or SS candidate in recognition of the massive support it has enjoyed from that region since 1999. Anything else would be taking the Eastern region for granted.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Foolishbuhari: 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2018
StOla:

I will take Buhari over a useless Jonathan any day anytime.

When I told people prior to the 2011 election that Jonathan was a dunce, they wanted to vote for a man without shoes. By 2015, they had learn their lessons and sent him packing.

Same way I would take Atiku over a foolish buhari any day!

You people voted for integrity and it's been playing out so far! We would sha send him back to Daura so perhaps you can move there also for him to be your president!

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2018
Maduawuchukwu:

How come your people will never win an election? Even South South has produced head of state twice.

By 2019 let an Igbo man and Yoruba man contest for the presidential sit.

I know you already know the winner in your mind cheesy
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Modarun(m): 12:16pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Of course. Just the little problem of where the trust and loyal support will come from for an Igbo Presidency. Then again, on the ground reality has never mattered to you guys.

You never understand that actions have consequences and disregard the very important ethos of bridge-building that is pivotal in politics. When others are bridge-building and forging alliances you call them "slave" and "terrorist jihadist" only to then expect support from the same people tomorrow. Incredibly re.tarded behaviour if you ask me.

You lot are like a six year old kid asking his father for a $600 bike when the man earns $250 a week, has savings of $300 and 3 other children. You never appreciate the impossibility of what you are demanding.

and your lot is like the 42 year old last born child stil living in his late fathers house, demanding his poor widowed mother for pocket money to go bleep an olosho.
what politics did you play when the rest of the country agreed and accepted to allow a Yoruba son who was infact in prison at the time the party was formed become president? Your greed will definetly be the cause of this countrys break up go and mark it. One thing you people dnt knw is that, 4 more years of Buhari means, chaos, blood letting, crisis for Nigeria. After that the next man that takes over will definately not have a peaceful reign. Not to worry its the stupid hunt Dog that refuses to listen to the call of the Hunter.

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Ziggylady(f): 12:16pm On Dec 22, 2018
sapoyoro:

not all yorubas support APC just like a large percent actually support PDP,
GEJ despite the propaganda machinery got almost 45% percent in SW.
which is a good result considering SW is APC controlled and I did wager Atiku will get even more or around the same.
this should be giving you perspective rather than always abusing every Yorubas
we play the best politics in this country, we are the only ethnic group that doesn't put all our eggs in one basket like u Igbos or the hausas

I thought you were sensible until your last sentence...Consider the apology withdrawn .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Will Rather Be A Friend Of Shekaru Bokoharam Than This Man / The President Has A Ph.D, But I think he has Low IQ / Bombings, Sign Of Silent Revolution - ACN Akande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.