Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,704 members, 7,862,206 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:20 AM

2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East (4567 Views)

Beautiful Cities In Southwest Vs Beautiful Cities In Southeast. / This Election Won't Be Free & Fair If INEC Doesn't Produce New Ballot Papers-US / Southwest Vs South South (which Is More Developed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Donelli: 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Look, Igbos are a great set of people in many aspects of life. Yet never politics because you people cannot get over the civil war loss and have a mentality of settling the score with others, mainly Yorubas you claim betrayed you, to the extent you can never be objective.

Are Igbos succesful? Of course. Yet why do you need to prove that to Yorubas and others daily if not because you still hanker for moral victory today over a war you lost many decades ago?

Obansanjo is a terrible Yoruba man and he was a disastrous President but would you lot actually thrive more under an Osinbajo rather than a Tambuwal?

You are so ideologically opposed to the Yorubas, because of indoctrination you gain from birth against us, you don't even see or notice what matters.

Which State is more supportive of Igbos and tolerant of everyone if not Lagos , under the Tinubu you hate so much, where you do so well and are even becoming more absorbed into local politics than anywhere else in Nigeria?

Continue supporting North because you hate Yorubas but the reality shows that everyone thrives under the egalitarian, peaceful, tolerant and progressive Yorubas.

I personally want the presidency to come to the SW because I feel Yorubas need to atone for how, out of so many capable hands, a misruler represented and damned us in the form of OBJ. I know if a proper Omoluabi like Osinbajo or Fashola is numero uno then Yorubas can pay their dues to Nigeria and set the right and balanced example for others to follow.

If we dont get that then I am still cool with the reality of living in the safest, most opportuned and most progressive region in Nigeria. There is nothing showcasing the best of Nigeria the SW and Yorubas dont lead at. We do not lag behind anyone and set the pace in many aspect of positive, daily Nigerian living. Yorubas won't lose out whichever way.
Just to correct a few impressions:
1. I have lived among Yorubas for the most part of my younger years and I can make my own assessment first hand and not fables handed down from my ancestors.

2. I do not believe in the electoral process in Nigeria. I stand with Referendum.

3. I don't hate anyone, I just hate lies, deception, backbiting and barbarism. You know where you belong.

4. Of what strategic importance is settling a score with the Yorubas. That thought is borne out of inferiority complex. Same way if I speak my language near a Yoruba man he thinks I'm talking about him. We just want to do business, and yes, we are proud of our achievements. You don't hear the Hausas or Fulanis trying to downplay the contributions of the Igbo race to the local economies, it is always you Yorubas raising dust and when you're called out you turn around to scream hate.

5. It is the Yorubas that are most likely to play divisive politics. We already know the northerners will always stand with themselves, which is fine; but what is the business of a Yoruba man coming to tell me that because my cousin is from another geo-zone we cannot be blood relatives. Dafuq is your business

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
Bede2u:
lol no unity begging bro...u guys made buhari's presidency ur own...u have now had ur chance 4 times to better nogeria. U have failed 4 times.
1st was from 1976-79 2nd was from 1993-94. 3rd was from 1999 to 2007 and 4th is now.

Now is the time to try igbos for the 1st time. Sw is one of the most insecure regions. The only region in the south that always record post election violence.

The only thing sw can boast of is lagos. That in itself is like the north boasting of abuja. It was only in 1990 that lagos stopped being ftc. The advantages it has today is ONLY becos it was ftc.

Building bridges is igbos greatest act. Its why they are able to live in almost all parts of the world. In fact a popular nigerian adage nw says that a country without an igbo man must be filled with cannibals.

In 2023 we will build bridges with the north. Even if it means fielding el rufai

Bruv what is unity begging? The Yorubas are good with or without the Presidency. You say the only thing SW can boast of is Lagos without understanding the seismic and ideological paradigm shift occuring under a new generation that will be transforming the whole region with results felt even in the most remote of villages in the next decade or two.

The likes of OBJ encouraged a mediocre patronage system to keep the people impoverished and docile so they can continue to lord it over the populace with cans of rice at election time. That has changed so much. The SW is now a melting pot of ideas, ambition and anything-is-possible optimism.

I won't lie. I am active in politics and hope to be in office in 2023. What I see moving around is that, whichever way things play out, the SW will be a pacesetting region in the next 20 years as the situational Mecca of innovation, opportunity and cutting-edge development. This is because the crudeness of the OBJ years have left and will never return.

As society becomes more about merit, then cream will rise to the top to produce societal models that rewards talent and ability contrasting with the "bigman and im pikin" model the likes of OBJ ruined Nigeria with.
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Modarun(m): 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Look, Igbos are a great set of people in many aspects of life. Yet never politics because you people cannot get over the civil war loss and have a mentality of settling the score with others, mainly Yorubas you claim betrayed you, to the extent you can never be objective.

Are Igbos succesful? Of course. Yet why do you need to prove that to Yorubas and others daily if not because you still hanker for moral victory today over a war you lost many decades ago?

Obansanjo is a terrible Yoruba man and he was a disastrous President but would you lot actually thrive more under a Tambuwal rather than an Osinbajo ?

You are so ideologically opposed to the Yorubas, because of indoctrination you gain from birth against us, you don't even see or notice what matters.

Which State is more supportive of Igbos and tolerant of everyone if not Lagos , under the Tinubu you hate so much, where you do so well and are even becoming more absorbed into local politics than anywhere else in Nigeria?

Continue supporting North because you hate Yorubas but the reality shows that everyone thrives under the egalitarian, peaceful, tolerant and progressive Yorubas.

I personally want the presidency to come to the SW because I feel Yorubas need to atone for how, out of so many capable hands, a misruler represented and damned us in the form of OBJ. I know if a proper Omoluabi like Osinbajo or Fashola is numero uno then Yorubas can pay their dues to Nigeria and set the right and balanced example for others to follow.

If we dont get that then I am still cool with the reality of living in the safest, most opportuned and most progressive region in Nigeria. There is nothing showcasing the best of Nigeria the SW and Yorubas dont lead at. We do not lag behind anyone and set the pace in many aspect of positive, daily Nigerian living. Yorubas won't lose out whichever way.

Did you even.read what you just wrote? Pound for pound based on competence and capacity can you sincerely in your hearts of hearts say there is a Peter Obi match in the entirr South west?
What is wrong with you bunch? so simply because you managed to vote for a winning candidate all on a sudden you are now the only sensible people down south? So its Only Omoluabi that can rule Nigeria abi? The tribal bigot cant even conceal his bigotry.
You guys have crossed the line, pls man up to the consequencies of your actions and stop trying to justify your stance. Noone cares about or need your tribalistic justification.
Osibanjo has been V.P in almost 4 years there is nothing to show but extreme poverty and hardship, so shameless he shuttles around the nation buy votes. Fashola is now Minister of power, works and housing still they cant point to a single 2kilometer of 4 lane road they have initiated and complete. All of these people you mentioned are failures.
Pacesetters dont cling to power na. why then are you lots hell bent on 2023? lol your chest beating is like a child bragging with inherited wealth over another making his own. The South East fought a civil war for crying out load. lol, No single storey building standinh, No high way not a single basic infrastruture but here they are competing with you? is that not a shame? you can decieve your self, but we all knw why you seek power.
if indeed you true care about the South or Ndigbo start by supporting the removal of Buhari. That move alone would attone for your hand in destroying the fragile unity in the south.
As it stands nothing you say can change the rest of the Souths collective resolve about your People. Even.worst everyday Tinubu ibadan-oshogbo brwon roof media has continued the onslaught.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2018
www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS7879.htm

South West Economy

South Western Nigeria with a Land Mass of 76,852 square kilometres and population of 25.2 million today owns and/or control 60% of the nation’s industrial capacity, 44% of banking assets, 67% of insurance assets and is house to the nation’s three deep sea ports of Apapa, Tin Can Island and Roro; the busiest international airport of Ikeja, three thermal stations of Egbin, Papalanto and Omotosho. Today, its three major industrial estates of Agbara, Ikeja and Otta are all linked to gas under the West African gas pipeline plan and piping of gas is ongoing from Otta to Abeokuta. Added to these, the South Western population today is the most educated as western education came through there and education as a resource was democratized since the early sixties. Geographical location, democratization of western education, availability of resources enhanced in last 9 years and some empowerment during the Obasanjo administration have collectively enabled the South Western economy to rank as first of the four economies in Nigeria. Today, the South West as a region can boast of having a defined growing middle class and is perceived to have at least 20,000 of its indigenes with net worth of over N100m each. Take it out of Nigeria, the South West economy with is defined growing middle class and resources, will be one of the fastest growing economies in the world.
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by duwdu: 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2018
Donelli:

Bro I take God name beg you, no dey mention that your bridge. Your northern associates are not interested in the development of the SE, we Igbos are not wired to lick boots like you Yorubas do in the name of building "pako" bridge that only last as long as they can use your sophisticated selves. They need your media to make them look good and propagate their smokescreen which hides their real agenda. Guess who'll be next after they've conquered the NC?

Guy you funny sha grin

Actually, no other region has licked the boot of the North more than the East has been doing throughout our democratic journeys as a nation. Let's list the following complete history replete with extreme boot-lickings by the East:

Balewa+Azikiwe vs Awolowo;
Shagari+Ekwueme vs Awolowo;
Obasanjo+Atiku vs Falae
Yar'Adua+Jonathan vs Atiku;
Jonathan+Sambo vs Ribadu.

Do you have more to add?

And we all know the Southeast vuvuzela'd Jonathan's 5-to-6-year term(s) as an Igbo presidency, and Jonathan blatantly made sure it was so.

So, if you live in a glass house, please don't throw stones. Plus, those who forget/ignore history are condemned to repeat it.

'Nuf said.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2018

The South-East plus Delta

The South Easterners plus their cousins across the Onitsha bridge control commerce in all parts of Nigeria and are thus largely employed. The region has clusters of small scale industries around Nnewi and Aba. The banking consolidation has assisted these people to now have ownership and or control of over 50% of Nigerian banking assets. It also controls 21% of the nation’s insurance assets and 20% of industrial assets. With this development, this region which has not had a commanding control over Nigerian economy will certainly begin to do that now. Commercial activities backed by finance can only grow the economy of South-East plus Delta. The growing strength of financial muscle of this region has been aptly demonstrated by the recent licensing of Micro Finance Banks. Of the over 600 MFBs recently licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Anambra State alone had 74 whilst Yobe State had 1, Sokoto 5, Zamfara 6, etc. There exists also in this economy a middle class which will now grow itself in number and financial muscle and will almost certainly grow its economy inclusive particularly of small and medium sized industrial base.
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Donelli: 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:
The sad thing is that Igbos, on a personal level, are not actually bad to partner with because you lot bring it and don't expect to be carried. Things are different when it comes to politics. You become blind, hateful and myopic because of a war loss you exclusively blame Yoruba for and remain vindictively committed to getting even with. You don't even see what is obvious anymore.
Here you go again.
Bro, Igbos are not bootlickers and that's why we do not roll well with the north politically cos they see all southerners as beneath them. The SW are not trustworthy and that is why we don't roll well with them politically...apart from the fact that their ass-kissing tendencies are disgusting. We are a highly principled set of humans and can't compromise that for cheap politics. There are some who thought they were wise to prostitute themselves but their humiliation is in progress. Our relatives in the SS are, unfortunately, being swayed by the propaganda the north used the SW to sell to them by divisive tactics but we connect well with them politically to a large extent.

You must understand that.

Look at Lagos and the SW and consider the unfettered success of the Igbos there and tell us, on a personal basis, whether a Yoruba Presidency will harm or uplift you. Like I said before, I personally will remain unruffled if Yorubas do not get the Presidency in 2023 because I believe this would be Nigeria's loss not ours. GEJ was the wrong hand from the SS same as OBJ was the wrong representative of the Yorubas. Under the APC, the Yorubas have no weak hands. Only leaders certain to take Nigeria to the next level like Osinbajo, Fashola and even Tinubu.

I am proud the SW is loaded leadership-wise currently because that makes me understand we will always be okay. Yes control of federal might would help us attain progresses quicker but even minus this we would always be the foremost region in Nigeria because of human resources that is second to non in the while nation.
What is the contribution of the Yoruba nation to Nigeria?
I don't mean individuals, I mean the Yoruba nation as a whole.
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 22, 2018

The Northern Economy

The North which geographically is 719,435 Square Kilometers or 79% of Nigeria’s landmass and has 75 million or 53.6% of Nigeria’s population has its economy as a consequence of various reforms introduced, been totally grounded. Today, the North has ownership and/or control of no more than 3% of banking assets and 2% of insurance assets and 10% of industrial assets. True, the North has a huge landmass but this has remained under exploited due to jettisoning of time tested policies of price support (as a result of abolishing of marketing boards without putting alternatives) and abandonment of extension services and quality control. Also, the North has a huge population but the population has remained largely uneducated and/or half educated because of near failure of governance in certain States and Local Governments. Currently its most distinguishing characteristic is grinding poverty. Recent poverty statistics indicate that the poverty level of States in the North has been on the increase in the last 9 years and reached over 80%. Its two commercial and industrial nerve centers (Kano and Kaduna) have seen industrial capacity utilization decline to an all time low of less than 10%. The textile, automobile and beverages companies that thrived so impressively in the 1970s and 1980s have collapsed rendering thousands jobless. Although hydroelectricity is generated at Kainji Dam and in lesser quantities at Shiroro Gorge and at several smaller sites, the entire mechanisms are run on very obsolete equipment and the performance is consequently very epileptic and unsuitable for meaningful economic activity.
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by nengibo: 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2018
Lipscomb:
2023 will be interesting I pray God keep us alive .
That's the most important thing
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Bede2u(m): 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Bruv what is unity begging? The Yorubas are good with or without the Presidency. You say the only thing SW can boast of is Lagos without understanding the seismic and ideological paradigm shift occuring under a new generation that will be transforming the whole region with results felt even in the most remote of villages in the next decade or two.

The likes of OBJ encouraged a mediocre patronage system to keep the people impoverished and docile so they can continue to lord it over the populace with cans of rice at election time. That has changed so much. The SW is now a melting pot of ideas, ambition and anything-is-possible optimism.

I won't lie. I am active in politics and hope to be in office in 2023. What I see moving around is that, whichever way things play out, the SW will be a pacesetting region in the next 20 years as the situational Mecca of innovation, opportunity and cutting-edge development. This is because the crudeness of the OBJ years have left and will never return.

As society becomes more about merit, then cream will rise to the top to produce societal models that rewards talent and ability contrasting with the "bigman and im pikin" model the likes of OBJ ruined Nigeria with.
lol...i feel u bro. Cos u are just like me..an idealist. But the reality is always different from fantasies.

It wasnt in obj era that this crude political compaign of sharing garri was taken..it wasnt a long time ago either. It was this year in osun.

U may not realise it but obj is nigeria's best president yet (minus yaradua). Nigeria gdp fell from $540billion in 2015 to $380billion this year. Many banks have gone under this year. Many ppl have lost their jobs in the past four yrs. We have not really made progress.

Nigeria's best progress yet was recorded in obj and yaradua era wen nigeria was 2nd fastest growing economy in the world. I voted buhari in 2015 so i am in the best position to say these things. Check my 2015 posts.

The progess made so far in lagos belongs to fashola and not to tinubu at all. And fashola is not the only gov of 2007 to 2015 set who performed. Names like sullivan chime, kwakwaso and akpabio ttansformed their states within same period.

I wish igbo and yoruba well. But for equity..igbo needs to produce the president in 2023. They have paid enough dues

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Modarun(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2018
duwdu:

Actually, no other region has licked the boot of the North more than the East has been doing throughout our democratic journeys as a nation. Let's list the following complete history replete with extreme boot-lickings by the East:

Obasanjo+Atiku vs Falae

Do you have more to add?

And we all know the Southeast vuvuzela'd Jonathan's 5-to-6-year term(s) as an Igbo presidency, and Jonathan blatantly made sure it was so.

So, if you live in a glass house, please don't throw stones. Plus, those who forget/ignore history are condemned to repeat it.

'Nuf said.

P34c3

Ibos always support those who would not only unite Nigeria, but will bring prosperity to all not for selfish reason like your kind.

Pls stop the lies. Yorubas didnt vote Atiku and Ribadu. Everyone knws Yorubas voted enmass for the PDP Presidential candidate in 2003, 2007 and 11. You thought OBJ, Yaradua, and GEJ would sideline the rest of the South, but since they didnt you tagged them bad men. Most of you are now happy cos the govt is working in your favour at the detriment of other parts of the South. If you voted for opposition then, how many SW states did Atiku and Ribadu win? pls Just stick with the facts, stop with the propaganda already.

Its your legendary clanish greediness, like we saw in Tinubus quest to control the NASS, that is the reason for the lack of support from other sections of the APC. Your people always sort to corner for yourself what should be enjoyed by everyone else. You blow alot of hot air for a tribe that everyone knows are scared of true competition, whose advancements relays heavily on scheming against other section of the South. Yrubas oy trive when others are sidelined or oppressed.
when the news of Enugu Airport upgrade broke, your paymasters sponsored media propaganda against the project. why? cos they dont want other regions to compete on a level playing ground. When news hit the stands that Ports in Akwa Ibom and Cross River were to be upgraded, Yorubas who have atleast 6ports started the “ since when did Yorubas start eating crumbs?” movement in your various tribal platforms. Bros a truely progressive people will demand that every section be carried along and true sophistication has never been scared of competition, infact they welcomes it. To prove that its really ahead.
When the wall fell in Germany, The West funded the gradual intergration of the East, the infrastruture upgrade and so on. But despite without much federal presence or help from the center, The East of this nation has managed against all odds and gang up to rebuild their region, yet you guys are always up all night trying so hard to stop or stall their advancement. So the hell with your empty chest beating rheotorics. We knw who the real enemies of the entire South is.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2018
Donelli:

Here you go again.
Bro, Igbos are not bootlickers and that's why we do not roll well with the north politically cos they see all southerners as beneath them. The SW are not trustworthy and that is why we don't roll well with them politically...apart from the fact that their ass-kissing tendencies are disgusting. We are a highly principled set of humans and can't compromise that for cheap politics. There are some who thought they were wise to prostitute themselves but their humiliation is in progress. Our relatives in the SS are, unfortunately, being swayed by the propaganda the north used the SW to sell to them by divisive tactics but we connect well with them politically to a large extent.

You must understand that.

What is the contribution of the Yoruba nation to Nigeria?
I don't mean individuals, I mean the Yoruba nation as a whole.

Bruv, check the article out below to see for yourself. Hope you are man enough to admit you have been lied to about the reality that shows what Yorubas are that the ethnic group gets no credit for because we are not noise-makers or a people interested in embracing violence, bloodletting and blackmail of others to get our way.

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Donelli: 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2018
duwdu:

Obasanjo+Atiku vs Falae

Do you have more to add?

'Nuf said.

P34c3
Jonathan is now from the East abi, how convenient. grin
Those people you mentioned being VP candidates confirms the theory that Igbos are independent thinkers. Handpicking a puppet as VP candidate does not serve us in any form. Faced with neutral options we just pick the lesser evil so that we can return to profitable matters. Compare with the SW blindly following one man to their doom.

Meanwhile, I hear Yorubas did not vote for Obj+Atiku. So how did the kingmaker lose that election

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Ojiofor: 5:16pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

South South after GEJ just left in 2015? Oga talk better as this your thread will die a quick death because not many will speak in favour of SS Presidency ahead of an SE or SW Presidency given you had the slot behind the North recently through Jonathan.

The slot, in my opinion, belongs almost exclusively to the SW even though the SE also qualifies in terms of equity and fairness to all. Nonetheless, the reality is that the SE disqualified itself idealogically in the minds of kingmakers who would ordinarily support them to the top job because of many many antics in the past decades that shows the region is hateful and, in general, does not mean well for others and cannot at all be trusted with power.

The worst being the South East tacit endorsement of Kanu and Igbos hateful posturing against other Nigerians. How will Northern powerbrokers feel when they see Igbos jubilating hysterically when Kanu says he is going to Abuja to return with the head of Buhari?

Remove Okorocha, now acting funny because he did not get his way, and Igbos like Ngige, Joe Igbokwe and Ken Nnamani, how many Igbos have the reputation to show their face as pro-Nigerian politicians with a stellah history that supports that stance?

Is it Obi who wants to lead Nigeria in future but was ranting against Yorubas and Fulanis yesterday? Ekweremadu? Anyim?

Ordinary Nigerians should learn to face reality. SS don't qualify and SE disqualified itself. Simple as that. If Buhari wins then your President in 2023 is Yoruba. This is why we should all have an eye on tomorrow when tempted to misbehave, burn bridges and upset others today.

Is Tinubu, Buhari even Osinbajo pro Nigeria?
PDP presidential candidate is a known pro Nigeria both in words and in action but tribalist like you won't vote for him because he will be fair to all sections of Nigeria.You guys prefer bigots like Tinubu and Buhari so you stand on no moral ground to judge anyone.
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Donelli: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Bruv, check the article out below to see for yourself. Hope you are man enough to admit you have been lied to about the reality that shows what Yorubas are that the ethnic group gets no credit for because we are not noise-makers or a people interested in embracing violence, bloodletting and blackmail of others to get our way.

Excerpt from the link you posted:
"South Western Nigeria with a Land Mass of 76,852 square kilometres and population of 25.2 million today owns and/or control 60% of the nation’s industrial capacity, 44% of banking assets, 67% of insurance assets and is house to the nation’s three deep sea ports of Apapa, Tin Can Island and Roro; the busiest international airport of Ikeja, three thermal stations of Egbin, Papalanto and Omotosho. Today, its three major industrial estates of Agbara, Ikeja and Otta are all linked to gas under the West African gas pipeline plan and piping of gas is ongoing from Otta to Abeokuta. Added to these, the South Western population today is the most educated as western education came through there and education as a resource was democratized since the early sixties. Geographical location, democratization of western education, availability of resources enhanced in last 9 years and some empowerment during the Obasanjo administration have collectively enabled the South Western economy to rank as first of the four economies in Nigeria. Today, the South West as a region can boast of having a defined growing middle class and is perceived to have at least 20,000 of its indigenes with net worth of over N100m each. Take it out of Nigeria, the South West economy with is defined growing middle class and resources, will be one of the fastest growing economies in the world."

The Niger Delta contributes the oil proceeds that develops Lagos which in turn draws foreign investment and provides taxation from the ports and businesses. I ask again, what is the contribution of the Yoruba nation to Nigeria that is independent of parasiting other regions?
The bolded I find funnily ambitious because the author did not consider the monopoly of Lagos in ports and airport activities. Open Warri, Port Harcourt and Calabar ports let's see what becomes of Lagos in 10 years compared to these cities.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2018
Bede2u:
lol...i feel u bro. Cos u are just like me..an idealist. But the reality is always different from fantasies.

It wasnt in obj era that this crude political compaign of sharing garri was taken..it wasnt a long time ago either. It was this year in osun.

U may not realise it but obj is nigeria's best president yet (minus yaradua). Nigeria gdp fell from $540billion in 2015 to $380billion this year. Many banks have gone under this year. Many ppl have lost their jobs in the past four yrs. We have not really made progress.

Nigeria's best progress yet was recorded in obj and yaradua era wen nigeria was 2nd fastest growing economy in the world. I voted buhari in 2015 so i am in the best position to say these things. Check my 2015 posts.

The progess made so far in lagos belongs to fashola and not to tinubu at all. And fashola is not the only gov of 2007 to 2015 set who performed. Names like sullivan chime, kwakwaso and akpabio ttansformed their states within same period.

I wish igbo and yoruba well. But for equity..igbo needs to produce the president in 2023. They have paid enough dues

Never said rice sharing does not exist today. My point is that it was all OBJ days was about whereas folks have moved on in leaps and bound today in what is becoming a more sophisticated political age by the minute.

OBJ would not win even a local government today because he would not be able to appeal to the electorate as the modern politician has to achieve because voters are becoming more demanding and asking more governance-related questions. Remember the "collect their money and vote your choice" became popular in the last few years to signiy increasing political awareness of our people.

OBJ's day was really bad because they rigged openly and whipped Nigerians with koboko to then send them home with tom tom sweets.

As far as Igbo Presidency, yes it is right in equitable terms but you guys schemed yourselves out of consideration with your non-stop anti-Nigerian behaviour and agitation. No one feels comfortable trusting Igbos with power. Would you trust Igbos with power if you were not Igbo given the behaviour of the Igbos in the past ten years?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Modarun(m): 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Try the violence angle na? if its easy. The simply facts that you are now plotting to perpetuate a failed govt just so you get a chance to replace it in 2023, is enough proof of your greed and selfishness.
The entire country is in turmoil, Poverty and hunger is wide spread, coupled with an increase in violence and bloodshed. What would expect those who claim to be sophisticated to do is to join hands and push it out, but no, all you can think of is how to replace it on 2023.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Modarun(m): 5:41pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Never said rice sharing does not exist today. My point is that it was all OBJ days was about whereas folks have moved on in leaps and bound today in what is becoming a more sophisticated political age by the minute.

OBJ would not win even a local government today because he would not be able to appeal to the electorate as the modern politician has to achieve because voters are becoming more demanding and asking more governance-related questions. Remember the "collect their money and vote your choice" became popular in the last few years to signiy increasing political awareness of our people.

OBJ's day was really bad because they rigged openly and whipped Nigerians with koboko to then send them home with tom tom sweets.

As far as Igbo Presidency, yes it is right in equitable terms but you guys schemed yourselves out of consideration with your non-stop anti-Nigerian behaviour and agitation. No one feels comfortable trusting Igbos with power. Would you trust Igbos with power if you were not Igbo given the behaviour of the Igbos in the past ten years?

so says a supporter of Alpha Beta and Almajiri economic policy, where you impoverich people for 3years, then give them 10k stipends to buy their conscience.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Bede2u(m): 5:41pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

lol given igbos behaviour in the past 10 yrs wen they voted for candidates frm both north west and ss? Yes i will.

They didnt vote buhari...how is not voting buhari anti-nigerian?
The west were supported even tho they turned to terrorism in the 90s cos of abiola.

The ss was supported even tho they turned to oil bunkering...the north was supported even tho they turned to boko haram...but igbos should not be supported.

Anti-igbo politics is yorubas only politics since 1953. Thats shameful

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by oyatz(m): 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2018
Your post is premised on wrong assumptions.
1) In every State there are people who strongly nurse presidential ambition and will do everything to contest for the presidency once,it is the turn of the South.

2) Bashorun MKO Abiola defeated Amb Babagana Kingibe and Atiku Abubakar in the 1993 SDP presidential primaries and defeated a Northern Presidential candidate in the Main election.

3) You wrongly assume that ethnic consideration and tribal loyalty ALONE will determine and continue to determine how ALL Nigerians vote in the Presidential election.

PaChukwudi44:

Their local almajiris will not allow anyone steal their victory.The APC northern leaders will not even be comfortable campaigning or Osibanjo a Christian and a southerner in the North.It would sound a death knell to their political ambitions.Yes no one can predict the future that is why I was surprised the way you wrote off the SS/SE and went on to claim the SW has the 2023 presidency.FYI No southerner can emerge president in this country against a northern candidate unless the there southern regions work together
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2018
Donelli:

Excerpt from the link you posted:
"South Western Nigeria with a Land Mass of 76,852 square kilometres and population of 25.2 million today owns and/or control 60% of the nation’s industrial capacity, 44% of banking assets, 67% of insurance assets and is house to the nation’s three deep sea ports of Apapa, Tin Can Island and Roro; the busiest international airport of Ikeja, three thermal stations of Egbin, Papalanto and Omotosho. Today, its three major industrial estates of Agbara, Ikeja and Otta are all linked to gas under the West African gas pipeline plan and piping of gas is ongoing from Otta to Abeokuta. Added to these, the South Western population today is the most educated as western education came through there and education as a resource was democratized since the early sixties. Geographical location, democratization of western education, availability of resources enhanced in last 9 years and some empowerment during the Obasanjo administration have collectively enabled the South Western economy to rank as first of the four economies in Nigeria. Today, the South West as a region can boast of having a defined growing middle class and is perceived to have at least 20,000 of its indigenes with net worth of over N100m each. Take it out of Nigeria, the South West economy with is defined growing middle class and resources, will be one of the fastest growing economies in the world."

The Niger Delta contributes the oil proceeds that develops Lagos which in turn draws foreign investment and provides taxation from the ports and businesses. I ask again, what is the contribution of the Yoruba nation to Nigeria that is independent of parasiting other regions?
The bolded I find funnily ambitious because the author did not consider the monopoly of Lagos in ports and airport activities. Open Warri, Port Harcourt and Calabar ports let's see what becomes of Lagos in 10 years compared to these cities.

Are you for real? Lagos has the highest IGR in Nigeria today and is the only State that is almost totally independent of reliance on the centre to the extent it can be self-funding and prosperous without FG allocation for far far longer than any other Nigerian State.

I know many love to hate him but this is the greatest legacy of Tinubu. When the vindictive OBJ starved Lagos of federal allocation, hoping to cripple Tinubu and Lagos, Jagaban simply developed the most successful and efficient model of internally generated revenue, linked with tax collection, in Nigeria and Africa.

Read your history and stop boring us with the story of oil developing Lagos. The greatest gains Lagos has made, to be fifth largest economy in Africa, came post 1999 from aggresive IGR generation after The State was denied oil money by OBJ.

So kindly refrain from the redundant argument of oil income developing Lagos in an age of idea the likes of Tinubu subscribed to years ago while you guys remain stuck trying to show you feed others when, in reality, visionaries like Tinubu began preparing, a long time ago, for how oil will probably be worth very little in 50 years.

Ask yourself if all Nigerians would not rush into Lagos and the agriculturally bouyant states today if oil income vanished overnight.
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Donelli: 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Are you for real? Lagos has the highest IGR in Nigeria today and is the only State that is almost totally independent of reliance on the centre to the extent it can be self-funding and prosperous without FG allocation for far far longer than any other Nigerian State.

I know many love to hate him but this is the greatest legacy of Tinubu. When the vindictive OBJ starved Lagos of federal allocation, hoping to cripple Tinubu and Lagos, Jagaban simply developed the most successful and efficient model of internally generated revenue, linked with tax collection, in Nigeria and Africa.

Read your history and stop boring us with the story of oil developing Lagos. The greatest gains Lagos has made, to be fifth largest economy in Africa, came post 1999 from aggresive IGR generation after The State was denied oil money by OBJ.

So kindly refrain from the redundant argument of oil income developing Lagos in an age of idea the likes of Tinubu subscribed to years ago while you guys remain stuck trying to show you feed others when, in reality, visionaries like Tinubu began preparing, a long time ago, for how oil will probably be worth very little in 50 years.

Ask yourself if all Nigerians would not rush into Lagos and the agriculturally bouyant states today if oil income vanished overnight.
Why do you keep taking about hate
Hope you recognize that it is a hater who always fears being hated.
I'm not in doubt that Lagos is great, though relative. I asked a simple question which I'll rephrase, what is that thing which the SW has such that if we are to start afresh from ground zero and practise full autonomy will make them restore this greatness in record time.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by kotv: 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2018
StOla:

I tell you again over and over, the PDP will field a Southerner to your shame and misery.

You have become so politically hopeless that you already know that your political aspirations will amount to nought, hence your Northern slavery as the better alternative to the shame of failure.

The 3regions of the south will contest for the PDP party presidential ticket in 2023, just as the 3regions of the North already contested the party ticket in 2019.

Stop projecting your Igbo fears of failure on the PDP that has other Southern tribes and regions with ambitions.

It is not the fault of the rest of the South that you are politically useless to yourselves.

You can take your APGA presidential ticket and go beg any Northern almajiri to accept the APGA ticket that Igbos only control, you are only 1/6 of PDP.

Bookmark it!

The same PDP Yorubas are currently insulting, demeaning, accusing of tribalism and hate just to promote Buhari is who you're decieving yourself will field their ticket to Yoruba in 2023. The chances of that happening is slim to none. Keep decieving yourselves. Your so called bridge building done out of greed did nothing more than damage chances of Yoruba ever becoming president. I know for sure no SS would vote for any SW candidate as you all have exposed yourselves as not interested in the well-being of the country but being greedy for power. You also know how SE would vote and as long as a North is on the ballot, you know exactly how North will vote. Yoruba becoming president is equivalent to a pig flying. Good luck decieving yourself

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 22, 2018
Bede2u:
lol given igbos behaviour in the past 10 yrs wen they voted for candidates frm both north west and ss? Yes i will.

They didnt vote buhari...how is not voting buhari anti-nigerian?
The west were supported even tho they turned to terrorism in the 90s cos of abiola.

The ss was supported even tho they turned to oil bunkering...the north was supported even tho they turned to boko haram...but igbos should not be supported.

Anti-igbo politics is yorubas only politics since 1953. Thats shameful

Stop the dishonesty. You shamelessly shouted, even more than his SS kinsmen, "GEJ or Nigeria burns" in 2015. You threathened "Fulani will never rule Nigeria again" ,all because of your adopted son GEJ , as if the Fulani man has no constitutional right to do so. What would you lot then do if an Igbo from Anambra is in GEJ's shoes?

You gave GEJ , in 2015, more votes than even his own region in a show of ethnocentric bigotry that would not have been lost on other Nigerians. Even the likes of Igbokwe lampooned you for this.

What do you want the entire Nation to do with Kanu's and Igbos hate preaching? Do you want us to take that as the misguided noise of a small minority when the whole SE failed to condemn them vehemently thereby signalling to the world they tacitly endorsed the hateful antics of Kanu and IPOB?

Bruv, you don't gain solutions if you can't even admit you have a problem. That is the issue with you Igbos. You have not attempted to negate how Kanu and IPOB have made you bait and your actions over the past decades that show you hate other Nigerians and would likely be unfair to themif possessing ultimate power yet you are insisting Nigerians must somehow trust you with this ultimate power. Are guys for for real? Like, seriously?

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/05/11/ifeanyi-ubah-stop-disgracing-joe-igbokwe-blasts-igbo-people/amp/

It is even annoying that Col. Sambo Dasuki’s defense is being done not by his northern brothers but Igbo who are sworn to bland defense of everything PDP. They are the most fanatical mourners of the loss of Jonathan and PDP even when the Ijaws have moved on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by kotv: 6:54pm On Dec 22, 2018
Modarun:

My take exactly! Buhari have not even won but they have started plotting how to replace him and share posts between themselves!. They have not learnt anything from the Abiola case. grin
They refused to learn that a Yorubaman became the president simply because the rest of the South didnt play politics of divide and rule but insisted power must shift to the region.
They keep making senseless noise about not gaining anything under Goodluck but forgot that Obasanjo didnt do anything for the South East and South South while in power too, but still they backed him in 2003 when the Northern onslaught against the Yoruba in power started in 2003 by Northen leaders with Rimi and Buhari leading the charge. The South West easily forgot that power remained in the South West from 2003-2007 simply because the other sections of the South refused to betray the South region when they had power.
They claim OBJ did nothing, but a simple google on power project from that Govt would show that the South West benefited for more with over 60% of the entire power project constructed by OBJ sited in the South West. They forgot the reason Ogun is doing so well in attracting Manufacturing companiess is as a result of OBJ power projects in the region. They now blame the rest of the South for OBJ refusing to be selfish like Tinubu and co. Is it the South east or South south fault that OBj stopped Lagos allocations? Is it The rest of the other South (SS/SE) alone that made OBJ president? Is it not this same AD leathers now in APC Southwest and the entire South west that voted enmass for OBJ to continue in 2003? So why are you claiming OBJ was not your candidate?
You forgot so soon that despite Abubakar Rimi and Buhari picked V.Ps from the South East, the South East you demonize today didnt betray the Southern region cos of the believe the South should have its fair share of power. You forgot that since 1999-2015, the S. East and S. South have been around the corridors power and no one attacked or called the Yorubas names. Just a little V.P position these children of greed wants to destroy any chance of the Southern people of Nigeria ever producing the president again.
Our Yoruba brothers greediness didnt allow them remember that when they decided to pitch against the rest of the South in 2015, they had put a very deep dent on the unity of the entire South region. Even more disheartning is their willingness to seal the fate of the entire South unity by their greedy quest to replace Buhari come 2023 with this divide and rule tactics. Lol. We shall see how that pans out sha. But may God forbid they succeed. That means The North will forever have the presidency.
I hope Yorubas on this selfdestructive mode realize the S. South and S. East are going to go against any and every candidate they support from now on until they grow some sense? I hope they realize that if it wasnt for the unity in the entire South in 1999, no single southern geo zone can alone force the North to share power?
All of a sudden Restructuring, Resource control and State police championed for many years while in the opposition is no longer a good thing for Nigeria.
But its a good thing, we now know your wishes and plans for the other parts of the South, we hope after 2019 when your wicked hopes and greedy quest have been dashed, you guys will be ready to face whatever you get in the end?
Dear Yorubas you really spoke too soon.
How many Northerners will join hands with the Tinubu part of the West to win 2023? Who and who is in the APC Northern cabal that would back Tinubu? is it Abba Kyari and Mamman Daura ( Buharis eyes and ears) that disgraced him from 2015 until they needed him for 2019? or is it Atiku, Kwankwaso, Galadima he betrayed and messed up? or is it shifty Elrufai (called Osibanjo a commisioner), Or Sani and he bleeped in the butt? Politics is a game of interest. Tinubu interest has created so many enemies nationally and locally, in and outside of the APC. They say never attack a master when he is winning, right now Tinubu is winning, but not for long. You people forgot too soon that what goes around shall always come around.
Now Tinubu boys are walking around feeling like some demi gods. we hope when they start dishing you the poo you are dishing others now, erats wont do Oduduawa or death like the Ibos. cheesy.

Exactly. Even during GEJ presidency, he did everything he can think of to appease them yet they hated him and demeaned him simply because he didn't undermine the rest of south and try to unify South in funds/infrastructure building. Unlike how it was in the past where predominately everything was focused on SW. Even during obj presidency, he did alot of damage to SS. Obj killed hundreds of innocent people in odi for no reason, prompted several oil companies to relocate their HQ from Rivers to Lagos; One that tried to relocate back, he stressed them in each of their attempt. Till date Delta State is still battling to return parts of it's lands Obj carved to SW. Despite all of the act to SS, people in SS still supported Obasanjo even though we gained nothing but pain from him. Each time Yoruba held any position, they provided more to themselves than to other southern communities but out of interest for southern unity, other southern kept quiet and allowed it. An example is FFK admitted when he controlled the aviation, he filled each parts of that sector predominately with Yorubas, nobody said anything or opposed that action, even SW agreed that he was filling it with candidates he trust similar to how they currently supported Buhari nepotism with the same excuse. When GEJ surrounded himself with people from SS and SE, the whole trust excuse wasn't applied to him by them. They've exposed themselves too much that I'm shocked they still believe they are decieving anyone from South. I feel sorry for them because it's clear they don't realize the damage they've done. Nobody has a monopoly of selfishness. Remembering the past when people were still sleeping and using it as a yardstick as how things will go now that most are awake is only decieving themselves. I do hope they understand the reality of what the greediness and selfishness created. I doubt any southern personal is going to be president for a long time.

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 22, 2018
kotv:

The same PDP Yorubas are currently insulting, demeaning, accusing of tribalism and hate just to promote Buhari is who you're decieving yourself will field their ticket to Yoruba in 2023. The chances of that happening is slim to none. Keep decieving yourselves. Your so called bridge building done out of greed did nothing more than damage chances of Yoruba ever becoming president. I know for sure no SS would vote for any SW candidate as you all have exposed yourselves as not interested in the well-being of the country but being greedy for power. You also know how SE would vote and as long as a North is on the ballot, you know exactly how North will vote. Yoruba becoming president is equivalent to a pig flying. Good luck decieving yourself

Here we go again with the self-destructive politics of sentiments. Have you never herad the saying politics is about permanent interests and not permanent friends or enemies? Essentially meaning politician will put personal feelings aside to aid their political interest.

Believe me that the PDP will field a Yoruba candidate in 2023 if that is their best option and if such best serves their political interest. You would get more out of life focusing on the outcome you want tp achieve rather tham allowing yourself to be bogged down with petty and frivolous issues.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by ImperialYoruba: 7:04pm On Dec 22, 2018
Iwillbegreat:
Power of presidency will surely return to the south after 2019 no matter who won 2019, be it APC or PDP party.

People are quick to say the 2023 is between southwest(Yoruba) vs south East(Igbo).

They quickly forget there's the south south.

Right from democracy, the Yoruba have ruled the most in southern Nigeria.

Obasanjo..1999-2007
Osibanjo...2015...?

It's not fair to still see Yoruba claiming the presidency once again.

So from the south south, I think the people that might likely contest are:

Godwin obaseki.. governor Edo state
Udom Emmanuel.. governor akwa Ibom
Wike.. governor river state.

Who do you think deserve the presidency?

Mynd44

Yoruba does not approach Nigerian elections on the basis of what is fair or not fair. We come to the table with our capacity and political earnings to win the election.

Those asking to be given presidency or making case for fairness are wasting time.

I advise them to start building capacity and earn enough political mandates. The single challenge they will face is Yoruba and how to displace it.

Appealing to fairness is illogical and asking "to be allowed" is undemocratic.
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by kotv: 7:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Here we go again with the self-destructive politics of sentiments. Have you never herad the saying politics is about permanent interests and not permanent friends or enemies? Essentially meaning politician will put personal feelings aside to aid their political interest.

Believe me that the PDP will field a Yoruba candidate in 2023 if that is their best option and if such best serves their political interest. You would get more out of life focusing on the outcome you want tp achieve rather tham allowing yourself to be bogged down with petty and frivolous issues.

Keep decieving yourself, it is allowed.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2018
Modarun:

Did you even.read what you just wrote? Pound for pound based on competence and capacity can you sincerely in your hearts of hearts say there is a Peter Obi match in the entirr South west?
What is wrong with you bunch? so simply because you managed to vote for a winning candidate all on a sudden you are now the only sensible people down south? So its Only Omoluabi that can rule Nigeria abi? The tribal bigot cant even conceal his bigotry.
You guys have crossed the line, pls man up to the consequencies of your actions and stop trying to justify your stance. Noone cares about or need your tribalistic justification.
Osibanjo has been V.P in almost 4 years there is nothing to show but extreme poverty and hardship, so shameless he shuttles around the nation buy votes. Fashola is now Minister of power, works and housing still they cant point to a single 2kilometer of 4 lane road they have initiated and complete. All of these people you mentioned are failures.
Pacesetters dont cling to power na. why then are you lots hell bent on 2023? lol your chest beating is like a child bragging with inherited wealth over another making his own. The South East fought a civil war for crying out load. lol, No single storey building standinh, No high way not a single basic infrastruture but here they are competing with you? is that not a shame? you can decieve your self, but we all knw why you seek power.
if indeed you true care about the South or Ndigbo start by supporting the removal of Buhari. That move alone would attone for your hand in destroying the fragile unity in the south.
As it stands nothing you say can change the rest of the Souths collective resolve about your People. Even.worst everyday Tinubu ibadan-oshogbo brwon roof media has continued the onslaught.

Anyone touting the credentials of the mediocre and bigoted Obi is not worth taking seriously because this exposes your ignorance and bigoted support for your kinsman.

Obi is a piss poor and totally mediocre politician with a very bland stint as governor. He will also be known forever for treacherous behaviour that saw him abandon APGA with a zeal to then destroy his old Party.

Look at many top adminstrators in Nigerian politics. Do you see them practising political prostitution and then turning against their old Party? Fashola, Ambode, Fayemi, Aregbe All of APC? Have they been dishonourable like Obi?

You guys are ridiculous . They only need to throw you a crusty old bone and you try to turn such into a 24 carat Tiara as we see you all doing now with Obi. As if political history does not exist to show his below average performance as governor of Anambra. Shior.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by Bede2u(m): 7:41pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Stop the dishonesty. You shamelessly shouted, even more than his SS kinsmen, "GEJ or Nigeria burns" in 2015. You threathened "Fulani will never rule Nigeria again" ,all because of your adopted son GEJ , as if the Fulani man has no constitutional right to do so. What would you lot then do if an Igbo from Anambra is in GEJ's shoes?

You gave GEJ , in 2015, more votes than even his own region in a show of ethnocentric bigotry that would not have been lost on other Nigerians. Even the likes of Igbokwe lampooned you for this.

What do you want the entire Nation to do with Kanu's and Igbos hate preaching? Do you want us to take that as the misguided noise of a small minority when the whole SE failed to condemn them vehemently thereby signalling to the world they tacitly endorsed the hateful antics of Kanu and IPOB?

Bruv, you don't gain solutions if you can't even admit you have a problem. That is the issue with you Igbos. You have not attempted to negate how Kanu and IPOB have made you bait and your actions over the past decades that show you hate other Nigerians and would likely be unfair to themif possessing ultimate power yet you are insisting Nigerians must somehow trust you with this ultimate power. Are guys for for real? Like, seriously?

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/05/11/ifeanyi-ubah-stop-disgracing-joe-igbokwe-blasts-igbo-people/amp/

read my last post again

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by oyatz(m): 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2018
This kind of funny political discussion is quite immature.

1) Individuals/ political parties and NOT Tribes/Geopolitical zones contest elections.

2) In politics, there is NO permanent friends or permanent enemies, ONLY permanent interests.

) The NUMBER-1 interest is SELF-SURVIVAL

Foolishbuhari:

Never ever mention South South people with your imaginary southern bridge! When we told you people buhari was a bad choice then, you people were blinded by ambition and hate!

Bridges kee you there!

What rest of the south are you talking about BTW? Because as it seems now, only you people in the south are bent on foistering buhari upon us. You people have no choice than to support him now though because your entire political relevance depends on him winning the presidency which by God's grace would not happen!

See you praying PDP whom you all hate should not vote their presidential slot to the north same way you were all jittery about an Atiku ticket...since when did PDP become beautiful to you people?

Baba go and build your bridges oo because you see all your assertions here, it's a dead end!
Re: 2023 Election Won't Only Be Between Southwest Vs South East by ImperialYoruba: 8:01pm On Dec 22, 2018
Oshigun:

Anyone touting the credentials of the mediocre and bigoted Obi is not worth taking seriously because this exposes your ignorance and bigoted support for your kinsman.

Obi is a piss poor and totally mediocre politician with a very bland stint as governor. He will also be known forever for treacherous behaviour that saw him abandon APGA with a zeal to then destroy his old Party.

Look at many top adminstrators in Nigerian politics. Do you see them practising political prostitution and then turning against their old Party? Fashola, Ambode, Fayemi, Aregbe All of APC? Have they been dishonourable like Obi?

You guys are ridiculous . They only need to throw you a crusty old bone and you try to turn such into a 24 carat Tiara as we see you all doing now with Obi. As if political history does not exist to show his below average performance as governor of Anambra. Shior.

Obi was the best governor they had in East.

When Obi was challenged from West and had a opportunity to act like a governor he ran to Jonathan to complain about Fashola.

Whatever good things they attribute to Obi should be scored amongst his peers in SE.

When you open him to national ranking he will be at a performance level of a local government councilor, not even that of a Chairman, in SW.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I’m Terribly Shocked By Buhari,There’ll Be PTB After 2023 Election –Tunde Bakare / Plans To Islamise Nigeria Is Real – Commodore Kunle Olawumi / Ben Kalu: I Can't Be Distracted By Frivolous Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.