Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

How To Do A Total Name Change - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Do A Total Name Change (16698 Views)

Man Seeks For Divorce Over Facebook Name Change Wahala / Name Change Issue. Please Advise. / Help Her Make Decision On Name Change. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Do A Total Name Change by darkhorizon: 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2018
[url][/url]Hello all I want to change my name completely, I mean my surname, first name and middle name.

I have two reasons for this, firstly I don't really like the meaning of the names. Secondly, they are all Muslim names and I am no longer a Muslim. I want to change them to my ethnic names (still given to me by my parents).

What legal consequences is there if I change the name, because I am a graduate presently serving and I already have my certificate with the name I want to change.

Lawyers and experienced folks in the house, please I need your advice.

3 Likes

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Innoxxacs: 9:04pm On Dec 22, 2018
oh I forgot ...
Thanks to GLO 4G I'm FTC
Well I just came to read comments

The Oga below SMH for you
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by aaaaabbbbbccccc: 9:04pm On Dec 22, 2018
Innoxxacs:
D
please how can I delete this guy's comment? He wrote D

35 Likes

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by abdulwizzy(m): 9:04pm On Dec 22, 2018
Gbam

2 Likes

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by aaaaabbbbbccccc: 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by orion7: 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
go to your ethnic shrine and swear affidavid.

25 Likes

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by legalwealth(m): 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
Hmm! !!
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by ThatKING(m): 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
Am glad to see this. I also started leaving out my Christian name (subconsciously ) which was my middle name right from primary school. Even though I was questioned then by my parent. Am glad my certificates bares just two names.
Proud to be an African with no ties to religion

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Rumicarter: 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
We are waiting o.
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by softplace: 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
me too but my middle name

am now a christian too

4 Likes

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by 4ckTOTO: 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
important things like this no one will comment. if na toto and preeq or how mercy aigbe use yansh push pillar or how buhari is making you not able to see toto to put preek, or how buhari is making your toto lack good oreek to put inside, una go come rant like say them dey give trophy

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2018
Driver wait, let me read this thread.
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by abdulwizzy(m): 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2018
Innoxxacs:
D

I go curse you
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by letout: 9:07pm On Dec 22, 2018
4ckTOTO:
important things like this no one will comment. if na toto and preeq how mercy aigbe use yansh puch piller or how buhari is making you not able to see toto to put preek, una go come rant like say them dey give throphy
lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by jydeskill1(m): 9:07pm On Dec 22, 2018
Are you changing ur Surname, First and middle name all together?
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Oweku: 9:08pm On Dec 22, 2018
Go to court...get approval..Then go to newspaper..

I learnt its varies from different newspaper to newspaper interms of payment ...Once its published you are good

Meanwhile get paid for browsing the intrnet..its free..Just click on my signature below...Its free.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by kennisman(m): 9:08pm On Dec 22, 2018
Son: I want to change my names.

Father: You are a bastard.

10 Likes

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Valdblngx: 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2018
4ckTOTO:
important things like this no one will comment. if na toto and preeq how mercy aigbe use yansh puch piller or how buhari is making you not able to see toto to put preek, una go come rant like say them dey give throphy

That's the difference between Nairaland and Quora bro. One is filled with boneheads and few intellectuals while the latter is an haven for giants in all fields to share their knowledge

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Akalia(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2018
darkhorizon:
[url][/url]Hello all I want to change my name completely, I mean my surname, first name and middle name.

I have two reasons for this, firstly I don't really like the meaning of the names. Secondly, they are all Muslim names and I am no longer a Muslim. I want to change them to my ethnic names (still given to me by my parents).

What legal consequences is there if I change the name, because I am a graduate presently serving and I already have my certificate with the name I want to change.

Consult a legal practitioner, name changing is tied to legal matters.

1 Like

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Sportwin(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2018
thinking of this as well

i wanna change my surname + middle name

what does it involve?
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by narrowpathy(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2018
Very simple. Go to a court and tell them you want to do a change of name. They will give you forms to fill then you'll pay around 1k or 2k.
You can after that if you so desire, go to a newspaper and announce your name change stating that all other documents bearing your former name remains valid. I hope this helps

Modified:
Remember to go with some form of ID when you're going to the court to do the name change.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2018
I want to learn too. I have two muslims names too. I am thinking of using purely Yoruba names that make more sense to me. I am no longer a Muslim too.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by DavidEsq(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2018
U have to pay for legal services, if u are serious. Go to lawlains.com
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by 4ckTOTO: 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2018
Valdblngx:

That's the difference between Nairaland and Quora bro. One is filled with boneheads and few intellectuals while the latter is an haven for giants in all fields to share their knowledge
i dey tell you. na airheads and boneheads full here
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by comffy(f): 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2018
darkhorizon:

U will swear an affidavit in any High court as well as a newspaper publication saying that u wanna change from so so name to so so name and u must av a valid ID card that bears all d three names u wanna bear now.
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by GRACEGLORY: 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2018
darkhorizon:

It's simple, go to the nearest court to you, swear an affidavit, and attach it to your documents bearing the former names, and it's valid anywhere. All you need do is announce it in a news paper when you can afford to do so.

5 Likes

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by PunAdict: 9:13pm On Dec 22, 2018
tongue
Me am more concerned on how to change my username and password

4 Likes

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by babasolo(m): 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2018
Go to court, get an affidavit.. Go to any national dailies, (newspaper houses) your change name will go through a gazzete notice on the papers page... Also get a copy of the news paper which has ur details, always have an A4 copy of it.

6 Likes

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Ikpangi: 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2018
narrowpathy:
Very simple. Go to a court and tell them you want to do a change of name. They will give you forms to fill then you'll pay around 1k or 2k.
You can after that if you so desire, go to a newspaper and announce your name change stating that all other documents bearing your former name remains valid. I hope this helps

Modified:
Remember to go with some form of ID when you're going to the court to do the name change.
Bari Bari
Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2018
Valdblngx:

Quora na pizza, nairaland na bread and stew

5 Likes

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2018
Contact a competent lawyer to help do everything 0803253zero14zero
darkhorizon:

Re: How To Do A Total Name Change by FixAm(m): 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2018
Follow these steps.
1. Get an affidavit from a high court on change of names if you have done that get any news paper maybe the nation or daily trust look inside you will see where they have a column for change of names copy the number and account details. Then get ur affidavit scanned and email to them they will tell you what nest to do the cost is always attached to the column. Hope this will help thanks

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

S.O.S. Saving The 'Black Family' From Extinction. / =N=5,000 Weekly Charitable Gifts / Five Children Burnt To Death In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.