Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Three Nights And A Bang - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Nights And A Bang (13906 Views)

The Bang Rule Pdf File Pls / THE BANG RULE : How To Be A Romantic King / 30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Nights And A Bang by Smooth278(m): 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2019
Na wah... this story don stop

1 Like

Re: Three Nights And A Bang by spenzo47: 2:45pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hmm.... when are we getting an update oo

1 Like

Re: Three Nights And A Bang by Vibesvbs(m): 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2020
Noooooooooooooooooooo undecided undecided
Re: Three Nights And A Bang by Nobody: 3:23am On Aug 10, 2020
Episode18
I took a sip from my ginger root beer and savored the peppery flavor as I wound its way down my throat soothing it, just like the crackling fire in the hearth in front of us soothed us as we sat down in the relative comfortable warmth with the rain falling thunderously outside. I wondered how I’d tell my story. I hadn’t really talked to anyone about what happened since I left LHS. Even Laura didn’t know that part of me. No-one believed me then and I don’t think anyone would believe me now but I still had to make James understand, I owed him that much.
James, such an unassuming name. I looked at him again and watched as the fire created shapes on his face and as they danced ever so vigorously I thought back to my days at Lexington High School, aka Eastwood High. James and Jonn came from money, yes, but so did I. Even though I didn’t like to flaunt it, my father was once an ambassador and my mom was Egyptian royalty, that was how they first met. They weren’t always in the country so I was pretty raised by maids and nannies, I guess you could say that I grew up kind of spoilt, but my parents did the best that they could whenever they were stateside. I was the “James” of Eastwood high, the uncontested prince of Lexington, everyone loved me and anyone that didn’t love me wanted to be me, that is, until Jonn enrolled in our school. In one week, he turned everyone’s attention away from me and stole my spotlight and so in retaliation I tried to get him expelled.
“So are you just going to sit down there and say nothing” asked James.
“Sorry, just reminiscing” I replied.
“So what really went down at LHS? Jonn never talked about it either” he continued
“I was young, vain and definitely stupid. What I did was dangerous, wicked and unforgivable. The only reason I didn’t go to jail for it was because my dad threw his weight around and called in some very expensive favors to get me out of it”
“What did you do?”
I thought back to that year at LHS, it was when everything changed. Jonn had been at the school for two years already and it was evident that he was more popular than I was. He wasn’t a saint by general standards but he definitely wasn’t the tyrant that I was either. People seemed to actually like him and not like the “Afraid like” that they had for me. I felt like my position as the undisputed prince of Lexington was being challenged by someone whom I saw as less than me and so I made a decision in a desperate attempt to seize control of power again, like the tyrant that I was. It wasn’t supposed to go down that way, nobody was supposed to get hurt. I had paid one of the girls still loyal to me in our class to get Jonn drunk and get him into his car and go on a jolly ride. There was no way I could have known that his relentless flirting with anything putting on a skirt would garner him some enemies. Teresa had her own plans for Jonn, I supplied her with the liquor and a little something extra to put in his drink. It was just supposed to get him wasted enough so that when the cops pulled him over, he would be charged with a DUI and as per our school rules, expelled. That would leave me as the undisputed prince all over again. But Teresa was crazy, she had a history of mental illness which I did not know about and she had her own agenda. Once I planted the seed in her mind, I created a monster. She relentlessly schemed and plotted to hijack the entire plan for her own purpose. She was going to crash the car with her and Jonn in it, killing them both. She left a suicide note explaining her plan in detail and the part I played in it.
On the day it was supposed to go down, I followed them in my car surreptitiously to make sure it went off without a hitch. There was no way I could have known that Teresa was crazy. I spotted them coming out of the club with James stumbling and Teresa holding him up. The first sign that something was wrong was when Teresa helped James get into the passenger seat and took the wheels of the car. It was a small Lexus coupe, convertible, the nice kind. I thought to myself, “there is no way he’s getting a DUI” with her driving. I had already called ahead and there were cops stationed by the route that they were supposed to take. With all the security issues mounting in the country, I might have called them and anonymously tipped that I saw a suspicious looking vehicle in the vicinity. The second thing that tipped me off was when she effortlessly passed through security and turned off into the freeway, it raised my hackles and I suddenly became frightened. I knew that there was bad blood between Teresa and Jonn, that was one of the reasons that I chose her to help me carry out my plan. There was no way that I was going to believe that she had suddenly developed an altruistic backbone and she was just dropping him off at home. Due to a slight delay at the checkpoint, I almost lost them but then I caught up with them at a red light. I pulled alongside the Lexus and wound down my window to yell at her.
“What the hell are you doing? This was not the plan”
“Plans change, neither of us is going home tonight”
I don’t know if it was the slightly maniacal laugh or if it was that at that moment, the angels decided to shine some light on my pea brain, but at that moment I remember being more afraid than I had been in a long time. I saw my life flash before my eyes and I didn’t like where I saw myself in my “mini-vision”. I was in green prison jumpers and I had to say, green didn’t look good on me.
“Wait” I said
But it was already too late. She had already zoomed off.
I was screwed.
To be continued.

1 Like

Re: Three Nights And A Bang by michael123pelemo(m): 9:38am On Aug 10, 2020
Update!!!
Re: Three Nights And A Bang by Nobody: 3:21am On Aug 16, 2020
Episode 19
You know that moment when you suddenly realize that you’ve messed up big time and your body is trying to catch up to the information that has already been processed by your brain? That was what happened to me in that moment. There was that brief period of understanding that things would not end my way tonight, and then there was the adrenaline that had me suddenly developing a lead foot causing my car to jerk forward rather suddenly. It was a big truck, and the hydraulics on it were pretty sharp since it was new. My dad had gotten it for my birthday a few weeks ago. Teresa was ahead of me and my delay of a few seconds had already cost me a few precious meters. I had no idea what she had planned but I needed to talk her out of it. I started rummaging around my brain for what Teresa had meant by “neither of us is going home tonight”. Did she mean that they were both spending the night together? That did not look like someone who was planning a night of pleasurable tryst with a “willing” partner. She looked like someone who wanted to murder you, bury you in an unmarked grave and then go ahead to dance on your unmarked grave, naked.
I needed to stop her and real fast, it wasn’t something that I was sure of, it was just a gut feeling but by God it was a really strong gut feeling. Or maybe it was just the pasta that I had for dinner trying to escape in response to the intense stress that I was currently undergoing. I pressed the clutch and shifted gears, the engine hummed as it smoothly moved from third to fourth gear, I accelerated and was almost neck to neck with Teresa.
“Pull over” I shouted over the hum of the vehicle “Let’s talk”
“We’re not talking” she replied.
I swerved to avoid a Toyota and almost lost Teresa again. It was like something out of a fast and furious movie with me trying to keep pace with her and hold a conversation at the same time. The only thing that was missing was a group of heavily armed mercenaries shooting their guns off at us whilst screaming obscenities in their native Russian or Yugoslavic tongue. I really had no idea that I would be chasing down a crazy lady in a Lexus tonight. I guess that was what happened when you got in bed with the devil, you got screwed.
“Pull over, we can work something out” I shouted to Teresa once I had gotten neck and neck with her again. Piece of advice, never ever try to talk a crazy woman out of whatever she has in mind without a full team of highly trained military personnel ready to throw themselves into harm’s way at a moment’s notice in order to secure your life. Unfortunately, I learnt that a little too late after Teresa shouted “I’m taking him with me to hell” and swerved into me. It was a small car compared to my truck but you have to take into account the fact that I wasn’t expecting her to do that in order to really understand what happened next. So I was on the right side of the road and she was by my left, that put me closest to the passenger side of her car, the side where Jonn was seated. He had been pretty out of it throughout our entire exchange but when she swerved into me with the car and smashed into my side, it jostled Jonn awake. In the meantime, the action caused me to instinctively swerve away from her and turn my wheel to the right, so even though she merely just brushed my side, I spun out with the asphalt eating away at my tires and the smell of burning clutch showing how much I was struggling to keep control of my vehicle. When I had wrestled control of my car, it was pointing in the opposite direction, good thing I had played all those asphalt games on my PC. I changed gears, spun the wheel and hit go. I was no longer playing nice, she had just tried to kill me. She might have a smaller car built for speed but I had more horsepower under my hood and I wasn’t logging any load. In less than two minutes I had covered the distance that I had lost and I was determined to run her off the road.

“Get off the freeway or I’m running you off” I shouted
“Go to hell” she said
“Run her off, she’s going to drive us off the cliff”
Uh oh. Everyone knew where the cliff was, couples usually went there to watch the sun set. It was one of the most romantic spots around and also one of the most dangerous because it had a sheer drop that was over a hundred feet. At that speed, they wouldn’t find their bodies because the ensuing explosion would pulverize them to the bones.
I didn’t know what to do. I hadn’t known that she literally meant to kill him. I mean I was a devious, scheming, narcissistic, self-absorbed prig but I was no murderer. For a split moment I thought about what my life would be without Jonn in it and I almost hit the brakes. With Jonn gone, I’d once again be the most loved and respected student in school. I’d have my old life back. It was so tempting, but I think it was at that exact moment that I saw how far I’d fallen. Even if they both survived, there would be heavy repercussions to face. But I couldn’t live with myself if the alternative played out. Knowing that I was responsible for the deaths of two people would destroy me. I’d never be able to live with myself and if by some miracle the secret ever got out, my father could lose everything, I could lose everything. I made up my mind, I’d stop her. I pushed the car further and gave it one last try to talk some sense into Teresa.
“He’s not worth throwing your life away for”
“Screw you”
Well I guess that was it. A few meters to the railing and it’d all be over. I did the only thing that came to mind. I wrenched the steering to the right and then turned a one eighty to smash into them at such speed. I heard the sound of crunching metal and a blood curdling scream of pain. I was only saved by the airbag as it deployed and provided some cushion. I had miscalculated, my car was firmly embedded in a tree and I could see the Lexus just outside my line of sight where it lay on its roof. I tried to remove my seat belt and go help them, that was when everything went black.
To be Continued…
Re: Three Nights And A Bang by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 23, 2020
Episode 20
I came to a few minutes later and all I could hear was the blood pounding in my ears as I tried to remember how I got there. It all lay in bits and pieces just outside my grasp. I remembered screaming and I remembered the sound of crunching metal. Teresa, Oh no!!! What had I done After a few tries, I managed to ascertain that my seat belt was jammed, that was when I reached into my glove compartment and withdrew the switchblade that I always kept there for emergencies. I cut the seatbelt and after a quiet debate decided to put it into my pocket, in case I’d need to use it again. I stumbled out of my vehicle and headed for the Lexus sporting a limp, I think my ankle had gotten twisted and now that the adrenaline had faded from my system I could feel a throbbing pain in my head. I reached up and touched where it hurt, and my fingers came away wet. It was really dark and I couldn’t see that well but I deduced that I was bleeding from a possible gash on my forehead area, I didn’t know how serious it was so I needed to hurry up and get some help. I thought again about just leaving them, this time because I was scared that they were dead and with my car at the scene of the crime, the repercussions were dire for me but I couldn’t live with their deaths on my conscience.
I reached were they were and saw that Jonn was slowly coming awake. Teresa lay at an awkward angle still knocked out and I feared that she was dead but a simple pulse check told me that she was still alive albeit not for long if something was not done. I pulled Jonn from the wreckage first, using the knife to cut him out of his seatbelt. Teresa had had the good sense to buckle him in before she took off like a banshee straight out of hell, but she was dumb not to have worn hers. In retrospect, knowing what she had planned, I kind of knew why she didn’t need a seatbelt. After all she wasn’t really going for maximum safety when she decided to drive a car off a cliff. I could smell petrol as I worked to free Teresa from the car and get her to safety. Sirens sounded off in the distance. I had called for an ambulance before I began my rescue mission, at least the accident hadn’t knocked out all the sense from me. I saw flashing lights and that was when I heard the spark, that was the most terrifying moment of my entire life. I thought the car was going to explode. I decided that I’d rather die fixing my mistakes than live running away from them, I frantically continued trying to get Teresa out but her clothe was stuck. Once again I used the knife to slice her top off of her. I carried her away and that was when I heard a loud and thunderous boom, the explosion had happened, the force threw me forward and I don’t remember anything after that.
“I came awake in the hospital with a plaster cast on my leg. The gash on my head took sixteen stitches. I had two broken ribs, a fractured ankle, second degree burns on my back and shrapnel that had to be removed with surgery. Teresa had a broken neck but my body shielded her from most of the explosion. Jonn had a severe concussion and two broken fingers”
“Wow” said James
“Yeah. Wow” I replied
“So what happened at school”
“An investigation was opened and everything came to light. Jonn told them everything, apparently Teresa had been pretty graphic, explaining in detail everything that had transpired. I was expelled, Teresa was sent to get psychiatric help and Jonn was portrayed as the victim of a malicious plot concocted by a power hungry teen and his lackey. I almost went to Juvie when Teresa’s parents sued but my dad threw his weight around and promised them that Teresa would be treated as an accessory to attempted murder if they pushed any further.”
“I remember that period. Jonn’s parents were so grateful that he was alive that they didn’t even pursue a lawsuit which was so unlike them”
“I guess they were happy that I saved him. I almost died saving his ass and he threw me under the bus the first chance that he got.”

“Now I see why you hate him so much. You lost everything”
“I did lose everything. My parents sent me to military school to finish up and it wasn’t funny. I went from hero to zero in a night. But if I’m a little bit honest, I don’t hate Jonn solely because he threw me under the bus, he’s just a reminder of my stupidity and insecurity. Every time I see him I am reminded of the guy that I used to be, an egoistic, self-centered jackass who only thought of himself and endangered every other person around him. I could have died that night. We all could have and Jonn is a reminder of that”
“That is why you hate me” said James “Because I also remind you of your mistakes, your short comings. You haven’t forgiven yourself for that day.”
“Yes, I don’t think I deserve forgiveness”
“But Jonn couldn’t necessary make you feel that way. You don’t really care what he thinks, so that could only mean that …”
“I had feelings for Teresa even if she never knew about it. I wanted her and I thought I had her but when Jonn came everything changed. I ended up hurting the person that I cared most about just to get to Jonn”
“Is that what you thought that I was doing with Laura? Hurting her to get back at you”
“Yes” I replied with utmost certainty
“Well, not that it’s any of your business but I do genuinely care about Laura and I enjoy being with her”
“What!? So what you’re saying is that in a bid to hurt another Cardinal, I inadvertently hurt someone that I also cared deeply for?”
“Well, kinda”
“No sh*t”…

To be continued.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soyinka Backtracks On U.S Visit, Returns To Deliver Lectures / Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears / Susan’s Diary; Friday’s Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.