Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,790 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? (1499 Views)

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? / NA WA O: Atheists Have Taken Over The Nairaland Religion Section / Atheists, Have You Asked God To Prove Himself, And He Didn't Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by iceboy4752(m): 9:39am On Dec 23, 2018
To the atheists in the house, are there "marriage rites" in atheism? Do you pay any bride price before marriage? Do you limit the number of wives you marry or you marry as you like?
Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by spongeisback: 9:57am On Dec 23, 2018
Next thread.
1. Do atheists eat?

2. Do atheists bath?

3. Do atheists love?

4. Do atheists travel?

5. Do atheists sleep?

6. Do atheists respect?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by finalboss(m): 9:57am On Dec 23, 2018
iceboy4752:
To the atheists in the house, are there "marriage rites" in atheism? Do you pay any bride price before marriage? Do you limit the number of wives you marry or you marry as you like?
freedom, marriage is like a contract
Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by iceboy4752(m): 10:41am On Dec 23, 2018
finalboss:
freedom, marriage is like a contract
Do atheists view extra-marital affairs as wrong, and do they marry more than one partner?

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Seun(m): 5:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
iceboy4752:
Do atheists view extra-marital affairs as wrong, and do they marry more than one partner?
I think extra-marital affairs are almost always wrong, because you are breaking a promise you made and deceiving someone who is committed to you. The whole purpose of marriage is exclusivity. You are picking a person to be with and forsaking all others. Affairs defeat this purpose.

I recently read a story about a man whose wife was wonderful and a good mother but the only issue was that she refused to have sex with him sometime after they got married. She wasn't interested in it at all. So he decided to indulge in discreet affairs to satisfy himself. I judged him not guilty.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Grupo(m): 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
There are no defined rules binding the conduct of atheists anywhere in the world.

The only thread binding them is the lack of belief in a God.

Now, before I answer your question concerning marriage rites, define what you mean by marriage rites.

Hope you know paying of bride price is not rooted in any particular religion?

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by iceboy4752(m): 7:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
Seun:

I think extra-marital affairs are almost always wrong, because you are breaking a promise you made and deceiving someone who is committed to you. The whole purpose of marriage is exclusivity. You are picking a person to be with and forsaking all others. Affairs defeat this purpose.

I recently read a story about a man whose wife was wonderful and a good mother but the only issue was that she refused to have sex with him after they got married. She wasn't interested in it at all. So he decided to indulge in discreet affairs to satisfy himself. I judged him not guilty.
I don't blame him totally, but don't you think it should have been better if he had married another woman? This would have saved him from many risks like involving in a fight with a boyfriend or husband to the lady with whom he was having the "discreet affairs," or contacting a disease.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Anas09: 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
Seun:

I recently read a story about a man whose wife was wonderful and a good mother but the only issue was that she refused to have sex with him after they got married. She wasn't interested in it at all. So he decided to indulge in discreet affairs to satisfy himself. I judged him not guilty.
Do you also judge marriage to be a covenant ordained by God?

Man's first assignment was to marry and fill the earth with kids. If you don't believe in God, you shouldn't believe in marriage for, He ordained marriage. Marriage between a man and a woman is a smaller version of the larger marriage between Christ and the Church.

And talking abt extramarital affairs, that'd be adultery. You won't even know it's wrong if YHWH didn't say it is. Animals don't know anything abt it because they weren't told not to do it.

Seun, you are wrapped in a grand divine sign otherwise called divine algorithm, these things are imbedded inside of you, you just know them because they are imputed into your underlying reality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Anas09: 8:16pm On Dec 23, 2018
Grupo:
There are no defined rules binding the conduct of atheists anywhere in the world.

The only thread binding them is the lack of belief in a God.

Now, before I answer your question concerning marriage rites, define what you mean by marriage rites.

Hope you know paying of bride price is not rooted in any particular religion?
Let's start with you defining Marriage and then trace its origin.
Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by DeSepiero(m): 8:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
Anas09:

Man's first assignment was to marry and fill the earth with kids. If you don't believe in God, you shouldn't believe in marriage for, He ordained marriage. Marriage between a man and a woman is a smaller version of the larger marriage between Christ and the Church.

And talking abt extramarital affairs, that'd be adultery. You won't even know it's wrong if YHWH didn't say it is. Animals don't know anything abt it because they weren't told not to do it.

Seun, you are wrapped in a grand divine sign otherwise called divine algorithm, these things are imbedded inside of you, you just know them because they are imputed into your underlying reality.

Looking at it practically, the first assignment wasn't to get married because Adam didn't perform any marriage rites.
The first assignment would rather be to have sex and multiply.
Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Anas09: 8:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
iceboy4752:

I don't blame him totally, but don't you think it should have been better if he had married another woman? This would have saved him from many risks like involving in a fight with a boyfriend or husband to the lady with whom he was having the "discreet affairs," or contacting a disease.
I'm afraid, if you follow Seun with this, this thread wld be derailed. The OP is not abt adultery or the reason people commit adultery, but abt how atheists view marriage.

What is the sacredness of marriage to an atheist?

Shd an atheist even marry since it's ordained by God who does not exists?
If yes, are the laws guiding it binding on them, seeing they are godly?

I believe that is the Op, don't change it pls.

2 Likes

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Anas09: 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2018
DeSepiero:

Looking at it practically, the first assignment wasn't to get married because Adam didn't perform any marriage rites.
What have you now said?

Who shd they have paid the rites to? God who said 'For this 'Cause' shall a man leave his family and be joined to wife, and they two shall become one flesh, knew what he meant.

Which Cause was YHWH talking abt sir?

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by DeSepiero(m): 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2018
Anas09:

What have you now said?

Who shd they have paid the rites to? God who said 'For this 'Cause' shall a man leave his family and be joined to wife, and they two shall become one flesh, knew what he meant.

SEX!
Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Grupo(m): 8:42pm On Dec 23, 2018
Anas09:

Let's start with you defining Marriage and then trace its origin.

You are not serious. You want to start telling a cock and bull story about how one Jehovah instituted marriage in one fictitious garden?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Grupo(m): 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
Anas09:

I'm afraid, if you follow Seun with this, this thread wld be derailed. The OP is not abt adultery or the reason people commit adultery, but abt how atheists view marriage.

What is the sacredness of marriage to an atheist?

Shd an atheist even marry since it's ordained by God who does not exists?
If yes, are the laws guiding it binding on them, seeing they are godly?

I believe that is the Op, don't change it pls.

What do you mean by "marriage was ordained by God?" and by God here, I know you are referring to the Yahweh, the mythical God of the Jews who created a fictitious garden of eden.

Before your ancestors got to know about Yahweh, were they not marrying according to the traditions they developed for themselves?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Omudia11: 9:17pm On Dec 23, 2018
You people ask Christians worse everyday so answer the damn question or shut the helll up.
spongeisback:
Next thread.
1. Do atheists eat?

2. Do atheists bath?

3. Do atheists love?

4. Do atheists travel?

5. Do atheists sleep?

6. Do atheists respect?

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Anas09: 9:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
Grupo:

What do you mean by "marriage was ordained by God?" and by God here, I know you are referring to the Yahweh, the mythical God of the Jews who created a fictitious garden of eden.

Before your ancestors got to know about Yahweh, were they not marrying according to the traditions they developed for themselves?
By my ancestors you mean Adam and Eve?

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Omudia11: 9:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
You took the questions right out of my mouth. Very perfect response I must say.
Anas09:

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Anas09: 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
Grupo:

You are not serious. You want to start telling a cock and bull story about how one Jehovah instituted marriage in one fictitious garden?
Lolzzzzzzzz. Then keep quiet and let adults talk.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Anas09: 9:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
DeSepiero:

SEX!
You mean the reason God separated Adam and Eve was for them to have sex?
Why then is Sex outside marriage is a sin?

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Anas09: 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2018
Grupo:

This kid. Pls answer the Op. How shd atheist conduct themselves in Marriage. I will really laf at you if you mention any ordinances put in place by my mythical God who created fictitious garden to guide marriage.

How is atheistic marriage done? And what are the rules guiding it? Give real guidelines.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Omudia11: 9:31pm On Dec 23, 2018
You atheists never change. Twisting the Bible to suite your devilish narratives.

Godd the marriage. That's why Eve was made from the rib of Adam. Genesis 1: 25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

The above was referring to Adam and Eve after God created Eve and brought her to Adam as his wife

DeSepiero:

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Omudia11: 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2018
Read very 25 of that same Genesis 1.
Eve was actually referred to as Adam's wife.
Anas09:

What have you now said?

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Omudia11: 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2018
Is that the question that was asked ?
Grupo:

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Anas09: 9:46pm On Dec 23, 2018
Omudia11:
Read very 25 of that same Genesis 1.
Eve was actually referred to as Adam's wife.
And as i know, the term 'Wife' is used to address a woman in marriage, not outside one.

Linda Ikeji is a Lady, she has a child, but she is not a Wife just becos she had sex to get pregnant.

You get my point?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Omudia11: 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2018
Stop evading and diverting from the topic of discussion. Answer the question in the op.

This is about atheists views on marriage and not "which God instituted marriage".
Yes our forefathers have always married but were they atheists? No. They had gods which they believed in and they followed the traditions of those gods when it came to marriage.

So answer the question. What does atheism say about marriage?
Grupo:

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Omudia11: 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2018
Dude, we're on the same page na grin
Anas09:

And as i know, the term 'Wife' is used to address a woman in marriage, not outside one.

Linda Ikeji is a Lady, she has a child, but she is not a Wife just becos she had sex to get pregnant.

You get my point?
Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by DeSepiero(m): 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
Omudia11:
You atheists never change. Twisting the Bible to suite your devilish narratives.

Godd the marriage. That's why Eve was made from the rib of Adam. Genesis 1: 25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

The above was referring to Adam and Eve after God created Eve and brought her to Adam as his wife

Genesis 1.25, 28 (KJV)

25And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Do you use a different bible?
Be fruitfully and multiply technically means 'be fertile, have sex and increase in population'.
Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by DeSepiero(m): 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
Anas09:

You mean the reason God separated Adam and Eve was for them to have sex?

Why then is Sex outside marriage is a sin?

Seems God didn't have time to create many people to fill the earth as his time frame was 7 days so in his 'wisdom' he created just two so they can have sex and PROCREATE. smiley
Isnt that brilliant?

Sex outside marriage is a breach of the marital contract.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Anas09: 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2018
Omudia11:
Dude, we're on the same page na grin
I know. I answered that way for the guy who said God created us just for Sex.
Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by Anas09: 10:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
DeSepiero:

Seems God didn't have time to create many people to fill the earth as his time frame was 7 days so in his 'wisdom' he created just two so they can have sex and PROCREATE. smiley
Isnt that brilliant?

Sex outside marriage is a breach of the marital contract.
I'd hope we had a discourse without scorn or spite, but it seem we can't manage it (?).

And, Who put the marriage contract in place in the atheistic worldview?
Re: Do Atheists Have Marriage Rites? by DeSepiero(m): 10:43pm On Dec 23, 2018
Anas09:

I'd hope we had a discourse without scorn or spite, but it seem we can't manage it (?).

And, Who put the marriage contract in place in the atheistic worldview?

We can look up the history of the institution of marriage from an objective (NOT religious) perspective.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is "HOLY GHOST FIRE" Mentioned In The Bible? / Christianity is Dicey / Atheism: A Religion With No God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.