Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,386 members, 7,822,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Are Angels Really Human Being With Wings? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Angels Really Human Being With Wings? (761 Views)

Do Angels Really Look Like This? / Are Angels Of God Same As Holy Spirit? / What Do Angels Really Look Like According To The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Angels Really Human Being With Wings? by hisexcellency34: 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2018
Are Angels Really Human Being With Wings as being depicted in pictures or just normal human beings like you and me?

Re: Are Angels Really Human Being With Wings? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2018
Be careful looking at images which are only derived by a finite mind...
We have very inaccurate depictions of many biblical issues/people.
We don't always get stuff right.

No, angels are not humans with wings.

Hebrews 2:7 (KJV)
7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands

Now they can show up in the form of human beings sometime...but obviously not a regular occurrence.

Hebrews 13:2 (KJV)
2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares

Angels are spirits....incapable of marrying or procreating. They don't "date" each other either or humans either.
They were designed for a specific purpose...to glorify God and help fallen mankind until we are reconciled back with God for eternity in the way it was supposed to have originally been...

Mark 12:25 (KJV)
25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven
Re: Are Angels Really Human Being With Wings? by Trizyd(m): 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2018
Mobilia:

Angels are spirits....incapable of marrying or procreating. They don't "date" each other either or humans either.
They were designed for a specific purpose...to glorify God and help fallen mankind until we are reconciled back with God for eternity in the way it was supposed to have originally been...

Mark 12:25 (KJV)
25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven

I'm not saying angels marry oo, but Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Is saying something else
Re: Are Angels Really Human Being With Wings? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2018
Trizyd:

I'm not saying angels marry oo, but Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Is saying something else

Oh...no, no, no....not gonna even go there..lol.
Let me give you a thread that discussed this some months back.
But let me warn you to be prayerful cause otherwise you are gonna get deeply confused.
Lots of info was discussed.
If you are sincere and prayerful, that question can be answered.

https://www.nairaland.com/4690508/woman-not-god#70504161
Re: Are Angels Really Human Being With Wings? by Trizyd(m): 7:42am On Dec 24, 2018
Mobilia:

Oh boy....no, no, no....not gonna even go there..lol.
Let me give you a thread that discussed this some months back.
But let me warn you to be prayerful cause otherwise you are gonna get deeply confused.
Lots of info was discussed.
If you are sincere and prayerful, that question can be answered.

https://www.nairaland.com/4690508/woman-not-god#70504161

Thanks, I read with an open mind..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Counterfeit Christianity-victor Hafichuk / Holy Ghost Service January 2019 - Swimming In Glory / Nmagha Jehovah Storms The City Of Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.