Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu (17782 Views)

Ambode’s Supporters Dump APC, Endorse Agbaje For Governor / Tinubu’s House Under Tight Security As Ambode’s Supporters Storm Ikoyi. Photos / Thousands Of Ambode Supporters Defy Party Leaders, Stage Political Rally On Ikor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by Islie: 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
Scores of supporters of Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode on Sunday in Lagos embarked on solidarity rally to reaffirm commitment to the election of the governorship candidate of the APC, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, in the 2019 general elections.

The supporters, who marched from the state secretariat in Alausa to APC’s secretariat on Acme Road in Ogba, said there was no iota of truth in the purported alliance with the PDP and Accord Party as reported in some sections of the media.

The rally, which was organised under the auspices of Ambode Mandate Support Group (AMSG), were received by the state APC Chairman, Alhaji Tunde Balogun, alongside other state executive officers of the party.

Leader of the delegation and Director General of AMSG, Mr Akeem Sulaimon, said the solidarity walk was embarked upon to reaffirm the commitment of Gov. Ambode to the victory of the APC in 2019 elections at all levels in the state.

Sulaimon, who is also the Special Adviser to Governor on Communities and Communication, said it was also important to emphasise that Ambode had truly accepted the choice of the party, adding that any contrary information was a hoax.

”We are here because a lot of people lately seem to be talking for our principal, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, claiming to be representing his interest and we need to let the whole world know that if anyone will represent his interests, it can only be those of us that belong to his campaign.

”His Excellency, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, is a man of God; he is a man who believes that the party is supreme; he is a man who has accepted the choice and the position of the party.

”He has accepted that Babajide Sanwo-Olu is the candidate of our great party, APC and he has equally been mobilising not just members of his group but he has been mobilising the party to ensure victory for Sanwo-Olu come 2019,” he said.

Speaking specifically on the alleged declaration of support for the opposition party by some supporters of the governor, Sulaimon said though the rally was planned long before now, nonetheless there was no truth in the said rumor.

He said that the governor, as a loyal party man, would not do anything to “rock the boat.”

”We are organising this to show to Lagosians and Nigerians that our principal bears no grudge; he has no ill feelings.

”If he had wanted to fight at that time, he could have fought and so if he did not fight then, why would anybody be insinuating that he wants to fight now?

”We are here to let you know that he is not fighting. The governor’s directive to us is that we should all go out and mobilise for Mr Sanwo-Olu.

”Irrespective of how things might have happened, the governor has equally benefited from the party and he says that he will not destroy the party that he has benefited from,” Sulaimon said.

Responding, Balogun commended the supporters for showing commitment to the party, saying the rally was a demonstration of Gov. Ambode’s loyalty to the party.

”Trekking from Alausa to this place under this scorching sun is a tough task no doubt and it is a demonstration of your commitment and loyalty to this party.

”It is a demonstration of the commitment and loyalty of Gov. Ambode to APC and I want to commend you all for this,” Balogun said.

Among those who led the rally were Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Alhaji Muslim Folami; Special Adviser to the governor on Civic Engagement, Mr Benjamin Olabinjo; Chairman of Lagos Ferry Service, Mr Paul Kalejaiye; APC chieftain, Chief Denge Anifowoshe, among others.

https://www.independent.ng/ambodes-supporters-stage-solidarity-march-for-sanwo-olu/

5 Likes

Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by kunleweb: 7:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
One day your.blindness will.be cured

1 Like

Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by midolian(m): 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
Children of hate won't like this grin grin grin

The moment they pledge to support you, your dreams will begin to work against you

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by Aldebaran(m): 7:35pm On Dec 23, 2018
Bi Sanwo-Olu o ti e digbo..

O ti wo le grin...

Even if no one votes for Sanwo-olu...

He is the Next Governor...

Insha Allah, By GOD's Grace grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by Jonadull: 7:35pm On Dec 23, 2018
But I saw a news on this same Nairaland front page some days ago that Ambode supporters backs Jimi Agbaje and dumps APC?
I’ve noticed Igbos are now hijacking this forum to peddle lies . There’s a Ipob mod that moves their fake news fast fast to fp .
I will soon fish out that mod .

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by visijo(m): 7:35pm On Dec 23, 2018
If you hear a lady saying "my child is my everything", just know the husband ran away long time ago.
Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by Eke40seven(m): 7:36pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ok. Now my question goes thus:
Was this declaration of support before or after Ambode publicly stated that the person (Sanwo Olu) that is being selected for the job is incompetent and a drug addict or after?
Never mind, the IQ most Africans are remarkably low, attention span very short (except in a religious house) and memory very short.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by Kenekingisback: 7:36pm On Dec 23, 2018
Failed supporters
Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by Seetto: 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
mature politics

2 Likes

Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
Lagos sai Jimi Agbaje.....!

Sai PDP..!

Lagos deserves FREEDOM....from Opolo eye thief....nubu...!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by PunAdict: 7:38pm On Dec 23, 2018
grin
That's just like trekking from your house to your girlfriends house only to meet her with your best friend who claimed he has travelled and won't be able to accompany you.
Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by egbabiekperemo1: 7:38pm On Dec 23, 2018
Afonjaism na another name for cowardism shocked shocked cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by Chirosa: 7:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by emmykk(m): 7:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
Ambode is avoiding persecution... How can you say that someone is not fit to be a Governor but you are going everywhere campaigning for him.

Is either Gov. Ambode is Mad or Lagos is under indigenous colonialism.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by shadelek(m): 7:41pm On Dec 23, 2018
It's just a pity that Ambode's political fate was decided by Tinubu. Anyway, I believe Sanwo Olu will perform sha. Eko onibaje, Kwara onibaje, Naija onibaje.
Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by Olukat(m): 7:42pm On Dec 23, 2018
Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by KIDfurniture(m): 7:42pm On Dec 23, 2018
4 + 4 = ?
Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by Isobug: 7:44pm On Dec 23, 2018
Whatever the Gamberis vomits, The zombies will swallow.

Men of little brain..... Yoru.....
Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by Olachase(m): 7:44pm On Dec 23, 2018
please what's happening in Nigeria I can't believe I finish bread #200 and no still belle full
Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by Ogaga87(m): 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
Where is Olamide in all of this..

O my daddy, four more

Jagabam don do me bad thing sha

1 Like

Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by dotunbidemi: 7:48pm On Dec 23, 2018
Chirosa:
let us worry about pls mind your yiminrin Bravery
Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by sammyj: 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2018
grin grin What is the evidence that the people are Ambode's supporters. Something is not adding up!!
Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2018
egbabiekperemo1:

Afonjaism na another name for cowardism shocked shocked cool
What’s your definition of coward?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by IamPatriotic(m): 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2018
I love my Yoruba heritage

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by Omeokachie: 8:02pm On Dec 23, 2018
To avoid impeachment grin

Dem hold dis man tight by the balls, and apply firm pressure anytime dem feel say im wan flex cheesy
Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by silasweb(m): 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2018
After telling us that the guy is crazy, you still expect us to Vote for him. Nigeria politicians are the most useless people on earth
Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by bender79: 8:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
ZKOSOSO:
Lagos sai Agbaje.....!
Sai PDP..!

if you need freedom go and join Biafra in Aba and stop disturbing us

6 Likes

Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by Simbrixton(m): 8:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
Unity and political maturity
Re: Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu by abokikhalifa: 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
ZKOSOSO:
Lagos sai Agbaje.....!
Sai PDP..!

You and your family should vote Agbaje in your backyard okay ?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Achor Prince: Councillor Representing Wike's Ward Resigns, Backs Fubara / APC Style Of Fighting Corruption And Poverty Attracted Me - Akpabio Says / Tegina Kidnap: Victims Narrate How They Survived Without Food, Water, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.