Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,843 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

An Extremely Terrible Experience With ABC Transport Company - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / An Extremely Terrible Experience With ABC Transport Company (1484 Views)

My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park / COVID-19: New Sitting Arrangement In A Bus In Edo By Local Transport Company / An Extremely Dilapidated Truck Moving On A Road In Berger, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Extremely Terrible Experience With ABC Transport Company by Geestarry(f): 12:01am On Dec 24, 2018
As I write this, I'm not just pained but I'd like this post to be shared till it reaches their management or whoever cares to take responsibility for their actions.

I can't imagine that this transport company is celebrating 25 years of excellence in road transport and more than 30 persons were left aggrieved by their commissions and omissions on Saturday, 22nd December.

This is my first time of using ABC transport company (and it will definitely be the last). I was scheduled to leave Lagos for Uyo by 7am. At 4am, I was awake so I could prepare to reach the park very early. I got to the park about few minutes before 6am.

By 7am, there was no bus in sight. I gave them the benefit of doubt and waited for 30 more minutes. That 30 minutes turned into one hour and even more. While waiting, I decided to stroll down the road, only to discover that a bus was being fixed at 9am, the same bus scheduled to go on the journey. The annoying part is that there was no single staff in sight to even apologize or give a situation report. Some passengers started requesting for a refund. I really wished I asked for a refund but it was already Past 9 and I wasn't exactly sure that I'd find another bus to Uyo.

A bus finally came around 9.30am and that was when these guys found it necessary to wash their bus? I could not just understand. Passengers were waiting and instead of loading the vehicle already, they were interested in washing the bus. Well they finally got us into the vehicle by 9:35am, to my amazement.

It was 9:50am, after about 15 minutes of waiting for the driver inside an extremely uncomfortable and hot bus, I quickly called one of the staff to inquire about the driver's whereabouts and he told me the driver was resting, that he had retired by 4am of that morning.

Who does that? Is it that the drivers don't run shifts here? Why would they allow someone who had had no rest from the previous journey to undertake another long journey, I could imagine the driver would travel back to Lagos on Sunday too. I was appalled.

We finally left Ajah Park around 10am, THREE HOURS AFTER THE SCHEDULED TIME

We got to Benin around 4pm and when the driver stopped again, we realised he was there to get a spare tyre. What sort of transport company travels such long distance without a spare tyre? After about 30 minutes of waiting for a spare tyre, we were greeted with news from the driver that there was no spare tyre in Benin, that we would have to make another stop at Onitsha.

The driver did not even help matters. He was approbative and reprobative at the same time. One minute he is apologizing, another minute he is stressing that the fault is from the management, that we should direct our complaints to the management.

At that point, I could not take it anymore, I walked up to the office that seemed like the management and demanded an explanation from the men I saw there. While there, I overheard the driver complaining about the fact that passengers were insulting him.
It was funny how the solution to the management was to apologize to the driver instead of the 10 passengers who were waiting in the bus.

We left Benin with the same state of tyre as before we got there, with a desperate hope to get to Onitsha without any hitch.

By 7.40pm, after hours in traffic, we finally got to Onitsha, the same Onitsha that arrangements had supposedly been made for a spare tyre to be brought to us -or so we thought; the inconsiderate fellow, who I learnt was the manager of the terminal, refused to pick calls over three hours, and finally told our driver to drive to the terminal (which was supposed to be a relief). Unfortunately, that implied us making a u-turn which would unavoidably take us through the same traffic we spent two hours in desperation. The whole thought was horrific.

By 8pm, the driver who had parked the car on one side of the road so as to cross over to the terminal came back to get tools from the bus. According to him, he was told by the manager to loosen the tyre from our bus to bring to the terminal before a spare would be given to him from wherever they had one. Worse, a passenger's phone almost got snatched through the window by a passer by.

But these people should have had the tyre ready long before now. How could the management be that inconsiderate, bearing in mind that we still had five (5) more hours at least, to journey to our destination.

We finally continued our journey by 8.35pm, imagine leaving Onitsha by this time.

We had thought we were having the worst of experiences till we got to Umuahia Bus terminal around 11.20pm so the driver would deliver some waybill packages he had on him, only to discover that one of the company's Calabar bound bus had left its passengers stranded, the driver had simply abandoned the bus and passengers without any word. I guess those passengers would have to spend the night at the park

We Finally got to the park in Uyo by 1.15am. I can only be thankful to God for journey mercies. The experience and exposure to danger itself is traumatic.

4 Likes

Re: An Extremely Terrible Experience With ABC Transport Company by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 24, 2018

1 Like

Re: An Extremely Terrible Experience With ABC Transport Company by mactoni91(m): 1:55am On Dec 24, 2018
mine was at their Bolade park in Oshodi. My first time using them and my last time using them

2 Likes

Re: An Extremely Terrible Experience With ABC Transport Company by uboma(m): 5:59am On Dec 24, 2018
What a terrible experience from ABC Transport Company.
Re: An Extremely Terrible Experience With ABC Transport Company by oskaroni(m): 11:29am On Dec 24, 2018
The EXPERIENCE 2018 grin grin what an ordeal,
Re: An Extremely Terrible Experience With ABC Transport Company by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 24, 2018
who still enters abc

1 Like

Re: An Extremely Terrible Experience With ABC Transport Company by flourishing247: 11:43pm On Dec 24, 2018
nelem:
who still enters abc
Exactly who still uses them.
Re: An Extremely Terrible Experience With ABC Transport Company by MyExpression(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2021
flourishing247:

Exactly who still uses them.

Who doesnt?

At least, they are now coming up, and are still the best when it comes to safety in NiGERIAN road transport
Re: An Extremely Terrible Experience With ABC Transport Company by Uchemus(m): 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
MyExpression:

Who doesnt?

At least, they are now coming up, and are still the best when it comes to safety in NiGERIAN road transport

[s]Who doesnt?

At least, they are now coming up, and are still the best when it comes to safety in NiGERIAN road transport[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Rwanda Visa Application Requirements / Is Satellite Town A Good Place To Live / Does Flying Make Us Hungry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.