Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,401,733 members, 5,373,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 January 2020 at 05:41 AM

Is Your Wife Your Property? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Your Wife Your Property? (220 Views)

I Will Fvck Your Wife If She Gives Me Green Light / Mens Only: Will You Marry Or Have This Kind Of Girl As Your Wife/girlfriend -pi / "Grab It Babe, It's Your Property" - Media React As Man Grabs His Bae's Backside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Wife Your Property? by derrydinny: 9:38am On Dec 24, 2018
I have seen a lot of articles on nairaland and on other sites about women not being properties but I want to state here that a woman is a property in our culture. In other climes, women may not be properties but in nigeria, women are. My reason is that men are the ones that pay to get married, they buy outrageous things for their wives family and also usually sponsor the wedding with not so much contribution from the women. In a case where a man spends 800,000 to buy stuffs reauested by the wife's family and also pays 400,000 for bride price, how do you convince such man that his wife is not his property? how do you confince a man that feeds, clothes, houses his wife that the woman is not a property? if you people really want the mentality to stop then you should clamour for the end of bride price and also tell women that the money of their husbands is not theirs. I can't pay heavily to get a wife and not have 100% rights over her infact she must obey all my commands because I hustled to marry and feed her. To the women that don't want to be viewed as properties, tell your parents not to demand a kobo from your man. A wife whose parents were paid so she could marry is not different from a toyota corolla whose owner was paid to transfer ownership.

the bottom line is if a man pays your bride price, you are automatically his property and he can treat you as he wants unless you pay him back. I will drive my car and wear my cloth the way I want because I bought it with my sweat, same as how I will treat a woman I paid money to marry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by sirfarouk(m): 9:57am On Dec 24, 2018
Oga, bride price does not make a woman your property. A bride price just signifies to the bride's family that you are fulfilling a cultural practice.

According to Nigerian history, bride price was in the form of farming and providing farm produce. It's just the advent of modernization that makes some families opt for money instead of the produce.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Kidaholic(m): 10:27am On Dec 24, 2018
the bottom line is if a man pays your bride price, you are automatically his property and he can treat you as he wants unless you pay him back.

Now I finally understand how fools think.. angry

Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Godson213: 10:50am On Dec 24, 2018
Kidaholic:
the bottom line is if a man pays your bride price, you are automatically his property and he can treat you as he wants unless you pay him back.

Now I finally understand how fools think.. angry

Bros you are the bigger fool

He made some salient points if you indeed went to school
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by englishmart(m): 10:53am On Dec 24, 2018
You and your wife are partners not slave and master.
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by englishmart(m): 10:58am On Dec 24, 2018
Godson213:

So you still believe women are properties? I don't pray any of your sisters, the one you love very much gets treated as a property. Calls you everyday, complains how she was terribly battered each day, scars all over her. Not the type of scars Alessia Cara was talking about. Then you will understand women deserve more than just battery and enslavement.
Re: Is Your Wife Your Property? by Kidaholic(m): 11:05am On Dec 24, 2018
Godson213:

Oga school, so turning your wife to a slave is just in your eyes abi? salient points? Haha, I'd say *insane points* undecided
Well, you are entitled to your opinion (which sucks by the way), when you get a grown up daughter and a suitor comes around, if you like accept the bride price, if you want don't grin or better still, you go and pay the *Groom price* its your funeral!
Confused dunce!

(1) (Reply)

How I Chose To Be A Legitimate Concubine[destiny Etok,ramsey]2019 Latest Nigeria / ...... / Only Broke Ladies Buy "Singlets And Shorts " For Their Partners-nigerian Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.