Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,684 members, 7,865,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:55 AM

2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) (1136 Views)

Ohaneze Ndi-Igbo Youth Movement Backs Saraki - (photo) / Nnamdi Kanu: Sagay’s Comment On Biafra, Blanket Abuse Of Igbo Nation – IYM / Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by Onlytruth(m): 3:05am On Aug 06, 2010
[size=16pt]2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide on Presidency’[/size]

Enugu

Despite the withdrawal of the five South-east governors from the presidential and vice-presidential contests in the 2011 elections, a socio-political organisation in the zone, the Igbo Youth Movement (IYM), has said the Igbos will decide on who they will support presidency in 2011.
The group’s National President, Elliot Ukoh told newsmen in Enugu  that prominent Igbo leaders would soon meet to take a final decision on whom to support for the next general election, noting that until then, nobody should speak for the zone.

“God has designed it that the entire episode will play out in the South-east next year. Our leaders will meet soon and Ndi-Igbo will make careful decision on who we’ll hand over Nigeria to govern from 2011 onwards. Until then, hungry hustlers can keep busy; we rationalize their activities because we understand the economic situation in the country,” Ukoh said.
He therefore urged Ndi-Igbo and the Nigerian people to ignore completely the “shenanigans of hired mouths, hungry fellows and all shades of hustlers who are currently pretending to form emergency Igbo groups six months to the election”.

“These people flow around every four years especially few months to elections and they disappear immediately after the elections. The trade mark of these emergency organizations is that they are all either against or for zoning which suddenly has emerged as the biggest and most lucrative industry at this time.
All these emergency Igbo groups are completely ignorant of the great work God did in Igbo in and between 1999 and 2002, a period we describe as Igbo renaissance. The great awareness created by MASSOB, IYM, Ohaneze, and the impact of this awareness on the psyche of Ndi-Igbo.

“Most of these hired groups which are really agents of Northern retired military generals still see Igbo land as a playground of the hungry where all you have to do is to shake the bag of coins and purchase the conscience of the people,” he noted.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=180072
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by Nobody: 3:12am On Aug 06, 2010
I pray so. . . . as long as the youth are taking control.

I'm tired of them old useless thieves.
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by Onlytruth(m): 3:13am On Aug 06, 2010
Yes, I believe that next year's presidential elections will be decided by the south east.
Though I think the only way to do that is by ensuring that we don't split our votes. Ndigbo should adopt one candidate and vote massively for him.
We can vote anyone who will deliver for us, or we can vote for an Igbo presidential candidate just to make a statement, to show the world our true population in Nigeria.
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by Onlytruth(m): 3:16am On Aug 06, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I pray so. . . . as long as the youth are taking control.

I'm tired of them old useless thieves.

Some of the so called youths are worse than the so called old brigade.
I know that people like Bankole and David Mark can be classified as youths, but look at what they are doing at the national assembly. undecided
Some of the worst leaders we have in Nigeria are the so called youths.

I want someone who can fix Nigeria's problems or have the courage to call for a sovereign national conference.
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by Onlytruth(m): 3:20am On Aug 06, 2010
I'm beginning to think that it may be best for Ndigbo to adopt a single Igboman and vote only for him next year.

I'm losing trust in all those lining up for the presidency next year.

We can at least use the opportunity to show our numerical strength in Nigeria.
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by bkbabe97y(m): 3:50am On Aug 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

“God has designed it that the entire episode will play out in the South-east next year. Our leaders will meet soon and Ndi-Igbo will make careful decision on who we’ll hand over Nigeria to govern from 2011 onwards. Until then, hungry hustlers can keep busy; we rationalize their activities because we understand the economic situation in the country,” Ukoh said.

Lol. Buncha clowns.lol. ". . . . who WE'LL hand over Nigeria to govern from 2011. . . . .". Indeed! lol. hahahahaha! Fools! Like u can even hand over a spoon to your wife to give you a scoop of cereal without Hausa/Yoruba approval! lol. Dummies! Why does the Ibo man like deluding himself so much? This is a country that even a Libyan has more rights than the Ibo man, now, all a sudden he sees himself as King-maker. . . . . lol!

Besides oJUKWU already instructed yall to slurp Gen.IBB's balls, so get on your knees. . . .
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by chyz(m): 4:32am On Aug 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

I'm beginning to think that it may be best for Ndigbo to adopt a single Igboman and vote only for him next year.

I'm losing trust in all those lining up for the presidency next year.

We can at least use the opportunity to show our numerical strength in Nigeria.

Who are some of the Igbo leaders you would suggest if that were to happen?
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by MaziUche0(m): 4:45am On Aug 06, 2010
chyz:

Pat Utomi of course. We should support the man.
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by chyz(m): 5:02am On Aug 06, 2010
MaziUche0:

Pat Utomi of course. We should support the man.

I agree. If Igbos wanted to now, Utomi could be the next president. While the north and other parts are clamoring over GJ and IBB if the igbos from all parts of the country voted almost soley for Pat Utomi than the IBB and GJ votes would almost me split between the two and they both would cancel each other out leaving Utomi with the most votes. On top of that Pat Utomi is loved by many outside of Igboland so that would attribute alot to his success as well(that might include the undecided votes). But the things sabotager like Uzo Kalu and people that have no shame in making their people look bad for the sake of a win like Ngige.smh
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by Onlytruth(m): 5:07am On Aug 06, 2010
chyz:

You mean the best Igbo candidate for presidency? Well, we have many of them undecided, but I'm only interested in those who can for example communicate important information to northerners using Hausa proverbs, and Yoruba things using Yoruba proverbs, and of course Igbo things using Igbo proverbs, just as a way to demonstrate his deep understanding of the issues facing those voters in those major tribes. Nigerians are not fools as people may think, and I still believe that people would vote for someone who would solve their problems. We have largely made ourselves unavailable for the top position heading towards next year. I no longer think it is a good idea.

Ability to speak all major languages is one of the areas where politicians these days are completely dwarfed by those of the 60s.

So, back to your question, someone like Emeka Anyaoku (though I think he may be too old to run the required campaign, and may not be able to speak in other major languages) comes to mind. There are others of course who meet those conditions I set earlier. Even Soludo would meet that if he can speak in Hausa and Yoruba. The man is a bundle of charisma.
The most important thing is that the person must be of impeccable character. Someone Ndigbo can trust.
Governor Peter Obi of Anambra state would also command that Igbo trust, but I don't think he is charismatic enough for this job, and I don't believe he can speak Hausa and Yoruba.

Bottomline is that we must find that Igbo man to run for us next year. He is out there.

Let's go get him!  cool
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by Onlytruth(m): 5:08am On Aug 06, 2010
I think Utomi might be it!
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by bkbabe97y(m): 5:39am On Aug 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

You mean the best Igbo candidate for presidency? Well, we have many of them undecided, but I'm only interested in those who can for example communicate important information to northerners using Hausa proverbs, and Yoruba things using Yoruba proverbs, and of course Igbo things using Igbo proverbs, just as a way to demonstrate his deep understanding of the issues facing those voters in those major tribes. Nigerians are not fools as people may think, and I still believe that people would vote for someone who would solve their problems. We have largely made ourselves unavailable for the top position heading towards next year. I no longer think it is a good idea.

Ability to speak all major languages is one of the areas where politicians these days are completely dwarfed by those of the 60s.

So, back to your question, someone like Emeka Anyaoku (though I think he may be too old to run the required campaign, and may not be able to speak in other major languages) comes to mind. There are others of course who meet those conditions I set earlier. Even Soludo would meet that if he can speak in Hausa and Yoruba. The man is a bundle of charisma.
The most important thing is that the person must be of impeccable character. Someone Ndigbo can trust.
Governor Peter Obi of Anambra state would also command that Igbo trust, but I don't think he is charismatic enough for this job, and I don't believe he can speak Hausa and Yoruba.

Bottomline is that we must find that Igbo man to run for us next year. He is out there.

Let's go get him!  cool

WHY DONT YALL JUST FIELD OJUKWU AND GET IT OVER WITH!?!?!!!
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by chyz(m): 5:41am On Aug 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

I think Utomi might be it!

He's definitely the man for it. He's pretty much met all of your criteria. lol
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by AndreUweh(m): 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2010
pat utomi will get my vote any day.
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by seanet02: 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2010
IN THE COUNTRY WHERE THE EGBAS STILL EXIST, ITS NOT POSSIBLE, WE THE EGBAS AND YORUBAS HAVE MUCH SAY IN NIGERIA THAN YOU IBOS tongue embarassed lipsrsealed cry cry
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by kettykings: 2:44pm On Aug 06, 2010
igbos alone cannot do much, the best igbos can do is to back Banbangida or jonathan

Babangida : because that will ensure that power roation principle is retained and it might come back to the south in 2015 and Babangida will be 75 and may be too old to dribble and will handover to igbo

Jonathan : Jonathan is from Bayelsa and if igbos unite with ijaws , the fear of domination of by igbos will cease and a new working relationship can start with the eastern minorites , secondly jonathan is from ogbia an igbo speaking part of Bayelsa , igbos might end up having an igbo president or something close to that by proxy , thirdly igbos can support jonathan to get back at the north and possible repay them in thier own coins for ditching ekwueme for obasanjo in 1999 and for not playing to igbo interest politically and to also to join forces with obasanjo to finish the hausa / fulani politically.

Also if Jonathan wins the north my make the mistake of taking up arms against the FG , which will lead to their final demise and re emergence of a new national order for the country

Again if jonathan can create 7 states per geopoplitical zone the the power of the northwest is finished and that will mean the re emergence of igbos politically, also if jonathan rules for 8 years the hausa fulnai will be too weak politically by 2019 to effect a handover to them .

while we wait for jonathans declaration lets keep working on the drwing board for the re emergence of igbos politically
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by kettykings: 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2010
actually the yorubas have never had any say right from the 60s they are only fortunate igbos made an unfortunate slip by the coup of 1966 and the subsequent war. where were the Egbas when june 12 election was annulled and Abiola was imprisoned , where were the Egbas and yorubas when all the Yoruba Generals were imprisoned (diya , adisa , obasanjo e.t.c and all their activist where in exile, even with the whole world backing yorubas and the world powers waiting for thier move, yorubas could not live upto expectation. they ended up doing what the do best , making noise with thier loud mouths on pages of newspapers.
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by seanet02: 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2010
kettykings:

actually the yorubas have never had any say right from the 60s they are only fortunate igbos made an unfortunate slip by the coup of 1966 and the subsequent war. where were the Egbas when june 12 election was annulled and Abiola was imprisoned , where were the Egbas and yorubas when all the Yoruba Generals were imprisoned (diya , adisa , obasanjo e.t.c and all their activist where in exile, even with the whole world backing yorubas and the world powers waiting for thier move, yorubas could not live upto expectation. they ended up doing what the do best , making noise with thier loud mouths on pages of newspapers.
YOU REALLY FUMBLED,
TELL ME THE NUMBER OF PRESIDENTS OR HEADS OF STATE THAT HAVE COME FROM THE SOUTH WITH THE NUMBER FROM IBOS AND YORUBAS
ZIK WAS A CEREMONIAL PRESIDENT-
IRONSI LASTED NOT MORE THAN SIX MONTHS
OBASANJO FIRST CAME IN MILITARY STYLE ( EGBA)
ABIOLA SHOULD HAVE BEEN SWORN IN BNECAUSE HE WIN FREE AND FAIRLY REMEMBER THE ELECTION WAS CONDUCTED BY IGBO MAN AND HE HAS SAID HE WON FAIRLY AND FREELY HAS YOU EVER HAS A BETTER ELECTION IN THE COUNTRY AFTER THAT ? ABIOLA EGBA MAN
WHEN IN 99 WE RETURNED TO DEMOCRACY, WHY DIDNT THEY HAND OVER TO OJUKWU, WHY DIDNT THEY HAND OVER TO HAUSA MAN, IF THEY HAVE TRY IT NIGERIA WILL HAVE BEEN HISTORY FACT. EVEN WHEN THEY WANTED TO HAND OVER TO YORUBA TO PACIFY US OVER 93, THEY HAND OVER TO OBASANJO TO CALM EGBA NERVES OR ELSE THEY WILL BLOW UP NIGERIA, REMEMBER THAT IT WAS ABIOLAS JUNE 12 THAT IS STILL HUNTING THE EVIL GENIUS TILL TODAY. HE CAN SIMPLY NOT WIN ANY ELECTION IN NIGERIA BECAUSE OF THE POWERFUL EGBAS, ASK ABACHA IN THE GRAVE WHAT YORUBA MAKE HIM GO THROUGH WHEN HE WAS IN POWER. REMEMBER ABACHA WAS THE ONLY NIGERIAN LEADER THAT NEVER VISIT LAGOS ( THE BASE OF YORUBAS) IF HE HAS COME FOR ONCE, ITS DEATH NO REMEDY. SEE HOW BABNMGIDA RUSHED AWAY TO ABUJA. REMMEMBER YOU IGBOS LOST THE CIVIL WAR JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE HEADING TOWARD LAGOS ( IJA ORE OLEKU) YOU EVEN SURRENDEREDTO OBASANJO SO TELL ME HOW THE YORUBAS HAVE NOT BEEN POWERFUL IN THE COUNTRY. OBASANJO IMPOSED YARADUA ON HAUSA AND NOW HE IS BACKING JONATHAN FOR 2011 AND THERE IS NO STOPING HIM EXCEPT GOD, NOT EVEN A COALITION OF NORTH AND EAST CAN STOP JONATHAN IF OBASANJO SUPPORTS HIM. SO YORUBAS ARE NOT POWERFUL IN THIS COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA. TELL ME HOW NIGERIA CAN DARE YORUBAS AND EGBAS IN PARTICULAR (EGBA THE CRADLE OF CIVILIZATION IN NIGERIA OR YOU WILL ARGUE THAT AND LET US GO TO THE WAR FRONT HISTORICALLY)
BOY DONT DARE US, WE CAN TURN HEAVEN UPSIDE DOWN LIKME WE DID I WETIE WHEN HAUSA TRY TO IMPOSE AKINTOLA ON US THE RESULT WAS A CRISES THAT LED TO MILITARY COUP AND DEATH TO THE NORTHERN LEADERS THAT WERE TRYING THE IMPOSITION.
SHONEKAN CAME IN INTERIM NATIONAL GOVERNMENT JUST SOME FEW MONTHS (EGBA)
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by MaziUche0(m): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2010
Come on now seanet02, why must it always be us vs. them, while the north laughs at the tribes of the south, because we can never unite.
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by seanet02: 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2010
MaziUche0:

Come on now seanet02, why must it always be us vs. them, while the north laughs at the tribes of the south, because we can never unite.
we the YORUBAS HAVE ALWAYS FEEL CAUTIOUS SINCE THOSE DAYS YOU TRY TO EXTEND THE DEADLY WAR TO LAGOS. FORGOTTEN HOW YOU TRY TO FINISH US IN ORE IF NOT THAT WE WERE SIMPLY UNCONQUERABLE. WE ARE CAUTIOUS ABOUT YOU BECAUSE ojukwu says there is no prisoner of politics in the east when clearly AWOLOWO WAS BEEN HELD IN CALABAR FOR TRUMP UP CHARGES.

SO WE CANT UNITE EXCEPT TO UNITE AND BREAK UP NIGERIA
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by chyz(m): 5:49pm On Aug 06, 2010
seanet02:

we the YORUBAS HAVE ALWAYS FEEL CAUTIOUS SINCE THOSE DAYS YOU TRY TO EXTEND THE DEADLY WAR TO LAGOS. FORGOTTEN HOW YOU TRY TO FINISH US IN ORE IF NOT THAT WE WERE SIMPLY UNCONQUERABLE. WE ARE CAUTIOUS ABOUT YOU BECAUSE ojukwu says there is no prisoner of politics in the east when clearly AWOLOWO WAS BEEN HELD IN CALABAR FOR TRUMP UP CHARGES.

SO WE CANT UNITE EXCEPT TO UNITE AND BREAK UP NIGERIA

Finish you all in ore? Are u serious?!!!!!! The Eastern region had no beef with yall. You people werent even on top of the game event until this day so what would be the purpose? You got it all wrong. Lagos was the Head Quarters. you win a war by going after the head quarters.Duh.  If the headquarters was in abuja like it is today then there would be no need to have even step foot in such a place. Oh and best believe it wasnt because of Igbos or Ojukwu that your precious and beloved awowolo was thrown in jail. Read your history.

WE DONT NEED UNITY WITH THOSE PEOPLE UNDER ANY TERMS WHETHER ITS TO BREAK UP NIGERIA OR NOT
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by seanet02: 11:51am On Aug 07, 2010
chyz:

Finish you all in ore? Are u serious?!!!!!! The Eastern region had no beef with yall. You people werent even on top of the game event until this day so what would be the purpose? You got it all wrong. Lagos was the Head Quarters. you win a war by going after the head quarters.Duh. If the headquarters was in abuja like it is today then there would be no need to have even step foot in such a place. Oh and best believe it wasnt because of Igbos or Ojukwu that your precious and beloved awowolo was thrown in jail. Read your history.

WE DONT NEED UNITY WITH THOSE PEOPLE UNDER ANY TERMS WHETHER ITS TO BREAK UP NIGERIA OR NOT

THEN WHY DID YOU LOSE THE WAR? BECAUSE AWOLOWO DROPPED THAT GENIUS IDEA WHEN YOU MORONS WANTED TO FINISH HIS PEOPLE SO YOU WANT HIM TO FOLD HIS HANDS AND YOU KILL ALL HIS PEOPLE. THATS IS WHY YOU SAID AND I QUOTE "your precious and beloved awowolo was thrown in jail. Read your history."
THE VERY REASON WHY WE WILL NOT ALLOW HIS RESTING PLACE TO BE OVERTAKED BY WEEDS, SNAKES, REPTILES, PARASITES AND ALL KIND OF ANIMALS UNLIKE AZIKWES RESTING DUMP
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by kettykings: 6:10am On Aug 08, 2010
@ seanet02 who is the north really afraid of is it the yorubas or igbos or niger deltan , the problem with yorubas is they keep miixing up things with half truth and lies. The north had 2 options in 1999 an igbo ekwueme and a yoruba obasanjo , try and find out why they couldnt hand over to ekwueme, they said they couldnt trust him because of biafra also when babangida was told diya was planning a coup , he told the north , that if it is diya , then he is going to sleep because yorubas can not do a coup, yorubas are the obly tribe that couldnt and is yet the do a coup , rather they reap where they did not sow like obasanjo becoming a president in dimkas coup.

Obasanjo was not handed over to because of his bravery, biafra handed over to him , because if the handed over to danjuma or to murtala that would have made them civil war heroes and that would meant the north won the war they decided to handover to a group who should have been neutral in the whole war thing, they wanted to avoid the same mistake obasanjo is making now.

Also if yorubas where as strong as you think what did they do when awolowo was imprisoned, when obasanjo and all 9 yoruba generals were imprisoned . See what niger delta didn when okah who is not even a general was imprisoned , must you people have waited for nzeogwu to strike.

The igbos did not lose the war to the federal government fighting prowess, the lost it to britain and soviet union , and if you doubt it i will post you declassified information on how britain decided to stop the igbos after the occupation of the midwest.

No country or tribe ever became powerful through betrayals .
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 03, 2010
kettykings:

@ seanet02 who is the north really afraid of is it the yorubas or igbos or niger deltan , the problem with yorubas is they keep miixing up things with half truth and lies. The north had 2 options in 1999 an igbo ekwueme and a yoruba obasanjo , try and find out why they couldnt hand over to ekwueme, they said they couldnt trust him because of biafra also when babangida was told diya was planning a coup , he told the north , that if it is diya , then he is going to sleep because yorubas can not do a coup, yorubas are the obly tribe that couldnt and is yet the do a coup , rather they reap where they did not sow like obasanjo becoming a president in dimkas coup.

Obasanjo was not handed over to because of his bravery, biafra handed over to him , because if the handed over to danjuma or to murtala that would have made them civil war heroes and that would meant the north won the war they decided to handover to a group who should have been neutral in the whole war thing, they wanted to avoid the same mistake obasanjo is making now.

Also if yorubas where as strong as you think what did they do when awolowo was imprisoned, when obasanjo and all 9 yoruba generals were imprisoned . See what niger delta didn when okah who is not even a general was imprisoned , must you people have waited for nzeogwu to strike.

The igbos did not lose the war to the federal government fighting prowess, the lost it to britain and soviet union , and if you doubt it i will post you declassified information on how britain decided to stop the igbos after the occupation of the midwest.

No country or tribe ever became powerful through betrayals .

I am yoruba and i totally agree with you, If the contry breaks into 3 the Yorubas would not even be United, then u would be hearing things like He is an egba man, he is Ondo etc
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by Afam4eva(m): 3:20am On Sep 03, 2010
Βουκέφαλος:

I am yoruba and i totally agree with you, If the contry breaks into 3 the Yorubas would not even be United, then u would be hearing things like He is an egba man, he is Ondo etc

Yorubas don't have monopoly for this kind of behavior. It's prevalent among every group.
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by Afam4eva(m): 3:22am On Sep 03, 2010
I think Pat utomi is the man. All IIgbos groups like Ohaneze, IYM, Igbo world congress etc must adopt him as their official candidate and ask people like Orji Uzor Kalu to see reasons and then go on a massive publicity, both in the south East and othe parts of Nigeria.
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by chyz(m): 3:39am On Sep 03, 2010
afam4eva:

I think Pat utomi is the man. All IIgbos groups like Ohaneze, IYM, Igbo world congress etc must adopt him as their official candidate and ask people like Orji Uzor Kalu to see reasons and then go on a  massive publicity, both in the south East and othe parts of Nigeria.

True. and Im guessing you mean adopt him as an official candidate for 2015. but look at this, 2015 is zone to the SE only under the PDP arangement. Utomi is neither in the PDP or from the SE so how can this be sorted out.Also we are not sure if Anioma is going to get ceded to the SE. We all know that in 2015 that if there isnt a mass exodus out of the PDP to prevent an Igbo from becoming president, then Uzo Orji Kalu is definitely going to be its candidate. how do we get around that dilemma?
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by Afam4eva(m): 5:01am On Sep 03, 2010
chyz:

True. and Im guessing you mean adopt him as an official candidate for 2015. but look at this, 2015 is zone to the SE only under the PDP arangement. Utomi is neither in the PDP or from the SE so how can this be sorted out.Also we are not sure if Anioma is going to get ceded to the SE. We all know that in 2015 that if there isnt a mass exodus out of the PDP to prevent an Igbo from becoming president, then Uzo Orji Kalu is definitely going to be its candidate. how do we get around that dilemma?

That's why i still beleive they were not sincere when they came up with rotational presidency jargons. Cos they did not telll us how it will go round. is it South west before south east or south south or vice versa. They also did not let us know if an Igbo person can still contest with the slot allocated to the south south afterall Igbo is the largest ethnic group in the south south. I personal think they should have rotated it along ethnic lines. For example the Igbos, yoruba and hausa will have their turn. Then the minorities in south will have their turn and then the minorities in the north will also have their turn. Isn't that easier than Geopolitical zones.
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by chyz(m): 5:46am On Sep 03, 2010
afam4eva:

That's why i still beleive they were not sincere when they came up with rotational presidency jargons. Cos they did not telll us how it will go round. is it South west before south east or south south or vice versa. They also did not let us know if an Igbo person can still contest with the slot allocated to the south south afterall Igbo is the largest ethnic group in the south south. I personal think they should have rotated it along ethnic lines. For example the Igbos, yoruba and hausa will have their turn. Then the minorities in south will have their turn and then the minorities in the north will also have their turn. Isn't that easier than Geopolitical zones.

Nigeria is headed for disaster I can see it now. The whole rotation/zoning thing is a fraud. How is GEJ or IBB allowed to run for PDP candidate when the presidency is still zoned to the NW? GEJ is from SS and IBB is from Middle Belt. Those two reasons should disqualify the both of them. The northerners are just as guilty as the SS as far as ignoring the agreement.

The only way i see this working out for the igbos are only 2 ways:either they all join(meaning Utomi and any other igbo leader) PDP but have made an agreement with other SE groups not to allow any aspirants or all of the Igbos leave PDP and join one political group together and campaign hard has hell! Things aint looking so good.

Im seriously believing that the US prediction of nigeria around or by 2015 is actually going to happen.smh
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by Akanbiedu(m): 8:47am On Sep 03, 2010
afam4eva:

Yorubas don't have monopoly for this kind of behavior. It's prevalent among every group.

It is prevalent in the south. We are gradually infecting the north though.
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by Akanbiedu(m): 8:50am On Sep 03, 2010
chyz:

Nigeria is headed for disaster I can see it now. The whole rotation/zoning thing is a fraud. How is GEJ or IBB allowed to run for PDP candidate when the presidency is still zoned to the NW? GEJ is from SS and IBB is from Middle Belt. Those two reasons should disqualify the both of them. The northerners are just as guilty as the SS as far as ignoring the agreement.

The only way i see this working out for the igbos are only 2 ways:either they all join(meaning Utomi and any other igbo leader) PDP but have made an agreement with other SE groups not to allow any aspirants or all of the Igbos leave PDP and join one political group together and campaign hard has hell! Things aint looking so good.

Im seriously believing that the US prediction of nigeria around or by 2015 is actually going to happen.smh

It is actually North vs South. They don't have much problem wherever it goes in the North. NW NE NC. But in the south, there may be a problem of where between SW SS SE.
Re: 2011: ‘Igbos’ll Decide On Presidency’ - Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) by udezue(m): 9:06am On Sep 03, 2010
Ketty,
I fully agree with the Igbo backing Jonathan not IBB. It will be far more strategic. Pat Utomi is good but he hasn't made any decision about running.

(1) (Reply)

Kudos To Ibb For Congratulating Jonathan! / My Nomination An Act Of God, Says Abacha / U.s. Companies Race To Catch Up In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.