Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,144 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency (9794 Views)

CCT: Senate Declares War On Presidency / EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others / See Inside The Prison Photos Of Sule Lamido And Sons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by prettyG: 7:26am On Jun 24, 2013
Despite that record, Lamido has garnered a surfeit of top-ranking endorsements for the nation’s top job in 2015. While he has all but launched a campaign, he is one of the few potential candidates whose posters have been on display in parts of Abuja and other states.

His highest rating yet came nearly a month ago after former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, snubbed a Democracy Day event hosted by President Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja, for a similar event in Dutse, Jigawa state capital, where he highlighted Lamido’s achievements.

“You can help anybody to find a job, but you cannot help anybody to do the job. In this case, we found a job for Sule Lamido; he was ready, willing, able and competent to do the job,” Obasanjo said.

The former President was later quoted as saying, “When you help someone to leadership and he cannot perform, you look for another person. And I’ve found one in Lamido.” This remark was interpreted by many as a subtle message to President Jonathan concerning 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by egift(m): 8:31am On Jun 24, 2013
They can bring it any day. If the northern elites love Nigeria, they should forfeit their greed and support a Buhari/Fashola in 2015. That way Nigerian masses can benefit from good/focused leadership and policies.

3 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by Emperor007: 8:58am On Jun 24, 2013
egift: They can bring it any day. If the northern elites love Nigeria, they should forfeit their greed and support a Buhari/Fashola in 2015. That way Nigerian masses can benefit from good/focused leadership and policies.

^^^

Be truthful to yourself, Muslim / Muslim ticket wouldn't fly in present Nigeria.

Stop sleeping and wake up.

2 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by AbuMikey(m): 8:58am On Jun 24, 2013
Fashola/Oshiomole for President 2015

6 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 24, 2013
egift: They can bring it any day. If the northern elites love Nigeria, they should forfeit their greed and support a Buhari/Fashola in 2015. That way Nigerian masses can benefit from good/focused leadership and policies.
lol, keyboard permutations.Buhari/fashola ticket cannot see the light of the day. As for Lamido,he has every right to print posters ,but,he is not yet ready for the top job. GEJ's government is working so hard to phase out the rots inflicted on us by past administrations. You don't expect him to do it like God. He's human for God sake. The problems of Nigeria started many years ago of which some architects of these problems are still alive and are fighting hard to cement their evil deeds.

21 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 24, 2013
Emperor_007:

^^^

Be truthful to yourself, Muslim / Muslim ticket wouldn't fly in present Nigeria.

Stop sleeping and wake up.

Nobody sends Muslim/Muslim but some illiterates in te North would complain about Christian/Christian.

In as much as a lot of you hate Buhari, If you want that Vote and you are really serious a out Kicking out PDP, den you av to endorse Buhari/Fashola. Dey myt not be the best, but they are a better alternative

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by maclatunji: 9:40am On Jun 24, 2013
I find this thread curious. Lamido has the PDP primaries to look forward to.

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by GenSpecific: 9:43am On Jun 24, 2013
All these mediocre northern politicians with little or no achievements other than winning an election in their backward states. Just like TAMBUWALA. Do you know how easy it is to become a senator representing any of the northern states in comparison to that of any state in the south?

3 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by Ess: 9:47am On Jun 24, 2013
chidindufrank: lol, keyboard permutations.Buhari/fashola ticket cannot see the light of the day. As for Lamido,he has every right to print posters ,but,he is not yet ready for the top job. GEJ's government is working so hard to phase out the rots inflicted on us by past administrations. You don't expect him to do it like God. He's human for God sake. The problems of Nigeria started many years ago of which some architects of these problems are still alive and are fighting hard to cement their evil deeds.

I beg this is jargon you are saying, we have seen noticeable and drastic changes from some Governors over a few years. I see no reason why your GEJ cannot show a mere sign of any transformation physically and not bunch of promises.
Fashola and Kwankwaso are doing great within a short period.

2 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by idonchop: 9:50am On Jun 24, 2013
Ijogz K: Nobody sends Muslim/Muslim but some illiterates in te North would complain about Christian/Christian.

In as much as a lot of you hate Buhari, If you want that Vote and you are really serious a out Kicking out PDP, den you av to endorse Buhari/Fashola. Dey myt not be the best, but they are a better alternative

Are u sure? A lot of xtians voted GEJ in 2011 cos he is a xtian.
Unlike what happened in the early 90's,a Muslim/Muslim or Xtian/Xtian ticket will never work in the Nigeria of today.
Most Nigerians are now 'religiously crazy'

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by Abujafood: 9:50am On Jun 24, 2013
Ride on Sule, you have a right to contest should you decide to.
Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 24, 2013
I just dey laugh sha. ..
Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by Hamazz1: 9:57am On Jun 24, 2013
a Muslim Muslim ticket objection.wht about religious balance.I wld rather a buhari rochas ticket.

3 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by Walexz02(m): 10:00am On Jun 24, 2013
You need not to regard the message as a subtle message to JEG, yes it is what is it. But what is baba iya taking Nigerians for?? The man go hear wain! I hope that Lamido of a thing will nt let himself to be foo.ld..

3 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 24, 2013
Ess:

I beg this is jargon you are saying, we have seen noticeable and drastic changes from some Governors over a few years. I see no reason why your GEJ cannot show a mere sign of any transformation physically and not bunch of promises.
Fashola and Kwankwaso are doing great within a short period.
Fashola? Yes,the man is good. Kwankwaso? I beg to disagree, the man is not an achiever. He was governor from 1999 to 2003,minister of defence 2003-2007,governor 2011 till date. My brother! maybe I don't know much about his achievements,please help me out.
Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by GenSpecific: 10:11am On Jun 24, 2013
Fashola for vice? Why do you ACN or rather yorubas like subjugating yourselves to Arewa?
The northern call for power come 2015 is based on a PDP arrangement and not a constitutional clause.
Why can't ACN field their beloved Fashola for President and pick a token northern politician as his vice?

Una no get sense at all! That's how Tinibu fielded a northerner in the last election with mumu Osun people voting for him.

All this won nah bad belle against GEJ AND E NO GO WORK!

5 Likes

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by odunragbada: 10:15am On Jun 24, 2013
Tambuwal/fashola 2015 dat is d best combination dat can bring peace among APC.because the northern leaders will still hv faith in tambuwal because he is new and free of corruption for now
Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by Hamazz1: 10:27am On Jun 24, 2013
Gen. Specific:
All these mediocre northern politicians with little or no achievements other than winning an election in their backward states. Just like TAMBUWALA. Do you know how easy it is to become a senator representing any of the northern states in comparison to that of any state in the south?

as moronic n mayopic as u cn b its fuckin imbeciles like u that sow seeds of hatred n misthrust in this country its rather unfortunate I don't knw whc state u come from wld hv felt more comfortable putting a lowlife like u in his rightfull abode

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by KingsleyOGBITI(m): 10:28am On Jun 24, 2013
Lets see how this goes
Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by mmmustapha(m): 10:28am On Jun 24, 2013
I think we should have tambuwal/fashola under Apc, Gen buhari should just quite politics
Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by GenSpecific: 10:30am On Jun 24, 2013
Hamazz1: as moronic n mayopic as u cn b its fuckin imbeciles like u that sow seeds of hatred n misthrust in this country its rather unfortunate I don't knw whc state u come from wld hv felt more comfortable putting a lowlife like u in his rightfull abode

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by mycito90: 10:34am On Jun 24, 2013
I see revokution coming up.....
Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by Alxmyr(m): 10:35am On Jun 24, 2013
odunragbada: Tambuwal/fashola 2015 dat is d best combination dat can bring peace among APC.because the northern leaders will still hv faith in tambuwal because he is new and free of corruption for now

But Bankole whom he served under in 2007-2011 is the most corrupt speaker in Nigeria history?

Wake up man, and wait till real politics begin, then you know what score is the real scoreline.

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 24, 2013
Nigerians needs a magic wand!
chidindufrank: lol, keyboard permutations.Buhari/fashola ticket cannot see the light of the day. As for Lamido,he has every right to print posters ,but,he is not yet ready for the top job. GEJ's government is working so hard to phase out the rots inflicted on us by past administrations. You don't expect him to do it like God. He's human for God sake. The problems of Nigeria started many years ago of which some architects of these problems are still alive and are fighting hard to cement their evil deeds.
Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by jimino(m): 10:46am On Jun 24, 2013
4 me nah, david mark/Oshiomole is d best.
Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by mekano1980: 10:46am On Jun 24, 2013
All i know is that the former President is a failure,why is he fighting our President,because he refuse to drop something for him,(owo,ego,kwudi)must you rule forever,your time.is gone and gone forever.(the devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know.
Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by alaoeri: 10:53am On Jun 24, 2013
Gen. Specific:
Fashola for vice? Why do you ACN or rather yorubas like subjugating yourselves to Arewa?
The northern call for power come 2015 is based on a PDP arrangement and not a constitutional clause.
Why can't ACN field their beloved Fashola for President and pick a token northern politician as his vice?

Una no get sense at all! That's how Tinibu fielded a northerner in the last election with mumu Osun people voting for him.

For your mind u making sense, Yoruba just through with 8years, 6years ago & u want them back to presidency make other regions dey sell guguru abi? Am a yoruba but not yet our turn.

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by Benaig(m): 10:53am On Jun 24, 2013
FACE OF A BB THIEF

Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by Longeria(m): 11:07am On Jun 24, 2013
Gen. Specific:

Even if God is the President as far as he is from the old East Yoruba and hausa must hate him.
Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by Capableben(m): 11:17am On Jun 24, 2013
TANX BRO U RE ON POINT. GEJ IS TRYING OOO.
Re: Sule Lamido Sets Eye On Presidency by FindOut(m): 11:26am On Jun 24, 2013
Any candidate that emerges through Baba Iyabo Obasanjo MUST NOT be trusted. That man is solely responsible for the sh.i.t we are in today because of the deliberate & callous decision he made in 2007 while smarting from his 3rd term defeat by foisting on Nigerians an ailing & unwilling northern governor & pushing the most incompetent & equally unwilling south south Governor as his vice.

Besides, I've not particularly heard of or seen any spectacular thing Lamido has done. We must say a resounding NO to mediocre leaders in Nigeria.

Tambuwal hasn't done anything so spectacular for the ordinary people other than taking the bull by the horn & challenging the imposition of a speaker of the house, yes, but the man does show a lot of promise & appears to be quite brilliant. The house has been quite vibrant under his tenure though we need more action & sustenance of previous actions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Career Politicians Are Creators Of Poverty In Nigeria" - Kingsley Moghalu / 2023: Showdown In PDP As State Chapters Battle NWC / Buhari: Osinbajo Demonstrates Remarkable Intellectual, Mental Energy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.