Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception (8861 Views)

Jimi Agbaje And His Wife Arrive Their Polling Unit To Cast Their Vote (Photos) / Jimi Agbaje And Peter Obi's Campaign Rally In Lagos (Photos) / Jimi Agbaje And Jide Sanwoolu Pictured Together In Church On New Year Day (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by SimplePlan34: 4:18pm On Dec 24, 2018
Ok
Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by Shikini: 4:20pm On Dec 24, 2018
Shikini:
Lagos has consistently been rated World's 3rd Worst city to live.

Lagos is not a model state

Lagos is nothing near an ideal world city

Lagos is in bondage
Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by Emarex: 4:21pm On Dec 24, 2018
Sirheny007:
OP...
Getting 10% of revenues of Lagos 'just like that' doesn't sound like freedom to me.
Imposing governors on the people doesn't sound like freedom to me.
Controlling politicians in an entire region doesn't sound like freedom to me.
Psychologically and politically manipulating the minds and hearts of people in an entire region doesn't sound like freedom to me.

Op, it is you who needs a clear definition on what freedom is.
Lagos state needs freedom.
angry
Don't mind him he is probably paid to write that rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by Ovamboland(m): 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2018
Whobedatte:
Its not really about PDP , but personality now
Tinubus grip on Lagos strongholds will definitely crumble sooner or later.
You can take that to the bank
How can you build a toll gate with tax payers money and still tax same to use ?
Radarada.
Freedom indeed
Oluremi is going to the senate in opposed , is that freedom to you ?
Someone said something is fundamentally wrong w the black man
I agree!

But the people living in Europe are heavily taxed at times 40% of earned income yet they still pay tolls for roads built with the tax money. Can you tell us the model you want to copy, poor African countries?

Will you rather have a country like the ones in Europe or America and pay tax and tolls, or hold on to your tax money and have Nigeria, Cameroon, Congo?

5 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by luveu: 4:52pm On Dec 24, 2018
virginboy1:
Happiness is when u thought you've eaten the last akara, but u touched the nylon and feel one... cheesy
oh buhari see what u have caused, making youths wit potentials glory in eating akara

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by sweetrace(f): 6:29pm On Dec 24, 2018
Ajibel:

Funny enough, Tinubu has not in any point in time put gun on the head of anyone to vote for his preferred candidate. But his followers will gladly do his will because he has proven times without numbers that he can identify performers.

Someone who gave Lagos Fashola, if he says it's Sanwo-olu this time around, people will definitely trust his judgment.

Coercion is not done only with a gun.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by Eammy: 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2018
LibertyRep:
It is hypocrisy to sponsor the liberation of Kwara from Saraki's grip and lampoon Agbaje for attempting to set lagosians free from the 'biggest landlord' in Lagos.

With the resources available to the Lagos State Government, that state should have been very far from where it is now ditto for Rivers, Bayelsa and other oil producing states.

You've said it all. It marvels me why people consciously defend what is wrong. If APC believes his slogan is not relevant, then their agents should stop destroying Jimi Agbaje's posters on 3rd mainland bridge and in Victoria Island. Also let the masses decide who becomes the next governor of Lagos state in a free and fair election and we will know if lagosians are really happy with the present government in Lagos.

The day I realised that the problem of this country is not the leaders but the followers, I became less bothered on what ever happens in this country.

With the current leaders we have, I can see another recession in few years time. Hopefully it won't be worse than what we experienced in 2016.

Happy holidays.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by Basic123: 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2018
RTSC:
These people have a way of defending servitude.

What is black and white in other places is grey in yorubaland.

Wetin concern me?
You mean like Igbo doesn't defend Atiku servitude?, Atiku is even hausa fulani muslims the greatest Igbo man taught you to hate.

disgusting people!

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by kennys: 6:55pm On Dec 24, 2018
Why has there not been any accountability on the fares collected over six years on Lekki Ajah road? My people are afraid and some feel once they have the money to pay toll so be it. When will my people challenge the government for infiltrating hardship on them. We should remember to ask this question do the governor and his entourage pay when plying that axis. Now, do your calculations on all the toll fares you have paid and which has never been accounted for by both the past and present Governors that have ruled this state,Lagos. Somebody somewhere keep enriching himself and amassing wealth to himself at the expense of the common man who struggle to make ends meet.
Lagosians , this is the time to think well and decide rightly. Lagosians free yourself.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by RTSC: 7:02pm On Dec 24, 2018
Basic123:

You mean like Igbo doesn't defend Atiku servitude?, Atiku is even hausa fulani muslims the greatest Igbo man taught you to hate.

disgusting people!
As if this is the first time igbos are voting for a Fulani.

If you don't know the difference between buhari and the other Fulanis we voted, you will never know.
Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by TheStarsAlign: 7:26pm On Dec 24, 2018
OP is a practical example of the Martin Luther King quote he cited in his opener. Do you not know what an idiomatic expression mean? You are blowing big grammar but still don't know what freedom is or is it out of mischief. So you want Jimi Agbaje to explain it to you like you're in KG. Too bad. Sincerely you only showed you are a broom party apologist.

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”- Martin Luther king Jr.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by Ajibel(m): 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2018
sweetrace:

Coercion is not done only with a gun.

It's also done with what, please?
Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by Jameseye: 9:51pm On Dec 24, 2018
Olaopefola:
By Olusesan Daini,

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”- Martin Luther king Jr.

Being sincerely disposed to error is excusable, but activating ignorance and making deliberate attempt to walk a population of 26 million people into the proponent’s political frenzy will not be accepted in Lagos state of today.

Perhaps, the Jimi Agbaje, Lagos People Democratic Party (PDP) Governorship Candidate, recent utterance in public and inscriptions on campaign banners, that Lagosians needed freedom, at a time when Lagos is been unanimously considered the dominant and major contributor to Nigerian economy, goes against Oxford Dictionary, which defines freedom as a state of having free will; the power or right to act, speak or think freely.

Could it be that the governorship candidate has separate meaning contrary to world accepted definition of freedom such that gave him the right to portray Lagosians, the 21st century citizens and indigenes, as having deficiency of free will and lacking the power or right to act, speak or even think freely, the position of which obviously indicated how Mr Agbaje thinks about average Lagosian – a person with no right whatsoever.

Moving away from core issues and riding on emotional chagrin, Mr Agbaje goofed to have portrayed Lagosians as lacking political and democratic freedom. First, it must be noted that democracy is a game of number anywhere in the world. At a point in this country, the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) was the ruling party by majority decision of Nigerians; today, it is the All Progressives Congress. Also, states have been won and lost by both parties as reflection of the freedom Nigerians enjoy to make choices in the political space. Lagos is not different. One Permanent Voters’ Card is equal to one vote, and that Lagosians have continuously preferred the APC government based on conviction on the party’s ability to deliver good governance does not translate to lack of freedom whatsoever.

In APC’s Lagos State that gives no political and democratic freedom to Lagosians in the context of Mr Agbaje’s definition of freedom, six federal constituencies and six state constituencies were won by the PDP candidates in the 2015 general election. Three out of these 12 seats are currently being occupied by Lagosians of Igbo descent. The longest serving Publicity Secretary of the party and longest serving Commissioner of Finance are both of non-Yoruba ethnic origin.

Mr Agbaje’s attempt to launder his political deficit on the threshold of freedom fighting is not a goal! Also, claiming to wash Lagos financial mess under the APC is like wearing a fragrance to perfume shop to impress the owner. On two occasions that Mr Agbaje has contested to become Governor of Lagos State, his main financials were host of popular names on the looters’ directory who were members of the PDP and have participated in mindless looting of our national treasury.

The reign of PDP saw needless blockade of developmental strives such as independent power plan project, creation of additional 37 Local Governments, repair of Federal Government Roads under concessional plans, harmonisation of State traffic enforcement agency to provide assistance to Federal Government’s on federal roads within Lagos and lots more. All these anti-development policies were firmly supported by Agbaje in his several utterances on the matters. In fact, he supported the freezing of Lagos State allocations from federation account for three years during Governor Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s administration.

At a point, Agbaje, the proponent of mischievous freedom agenda, threatened Lagosians and the entire Yoruba race that Nigeria would explode should PDP lose Lagos State and Presidency in the 2015 general election. According to him, “Niger Delta militants would unleash terror”, which indeed came to pass before they were curbed at the inception of President Muhammadu Buhari’s government in 2015.

http://www.theguildng.com/jimi-agbaje-and-freedom-misconception/

That is why he is "leading" in an online polls by BD

Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by edupedia: 11:00pm On Dec 24, 2018
TooNoisy:
Agbaje is not a serious candidate. He disappeared for 4 years and suddenly reappeared again without any concrete solutions to Lagosian's problems except bigotry and ethnic division.

As they say about him... customer daada ni.

...why are repeating yourself like a gramophone record all over Nairaland.......I suppose what u wanted to hear in the past 4 years is that Agbaje disagreed with Ambode or that his thugs went to disrupt a an APC meeting somewhere....that way he would have looked more serious to people like u...not so?
Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by edupedia: 11:05pm On Dec 24, 2018
deboysben:
Jimi Agbaje should go grass root campaign

Stop all this online ranting joor

Cos Sanwoolu has gone far pass u

.....tell us where Sanwo-olu has gone..I Neva see am anywhere o.
Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by deboysben(m): 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
edupedia:

.....tell us where Sanwo-olu has gone..I Neva see am anywhere o.
you are too myopic to see it
Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by edupedia: 11:08pm On Dec 24, 2018
Sakamaje:
Oyinbo man say 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Lagos is outperforming all other states in Nigeria by far, economically and infrastructurally. No point changing a winning team. Jimi should find another slogan because he is dangerously clueless and will likely r.e.tard the progress of the state because he lacks experience in the administration of such an important entity as Lagos.

Outperforming in what?.../everywhere in Lagos except lekki axis is messed up...
Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by edupedia: 11:10pm On Dec 24, 2018
Ajibel:
Lagosians have continuously preferred the APC government based on conviction on the party’s ability to deliver good governance does not translate to lack of freedom whatsoever.

The Lagos APC did the right thing in denying Ambode a second term ticket.

Ambode per Lagos standards failed

Tinubu actually wanted Ambode to continue,, but his foot soldiers were the ones who rejected the incumbent.

So the misconception here is that Ambode fell out of favour with his godfather that's why his godfather didn't want his return. False!

Tory
Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by Ayobami7(m): 1:03am On Dec 25, 2018
ok
Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by Ajibel(m): 6:43am On Dec 25, 2018
edupedia:

Tory

Kpele.
Re: Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception by jayson87: 10:08am On Dec 25, 2018
bibiking7:

I don't understand. This same godfatherism that he claims he wants to free Lagos from was the one that produced Fashola. Fashola made Lagos a model state that most of the other atates looked up to in terms of policies.
Uncle Agbaje should tell us what he wants to do and not tell us about freedom. I doubt it if this man knows how to manage stakeholders. I look forward to a debate between Agbaje and BOS.
If you drive around Lagos these days, the shituation is depressing. Everything is so disorganised.

Model state my asss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Behold The Deported Drug Couriers And Their Nigerian States Of Origin / INEC Voter Registration: Eyewitness Accounts / Corruption Charges Against Me Are Politically Motivated: FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.