Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,110 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism (1504 Views)

Osinbajo Asks CBN To Bow To Market Forces Says Exchange Rate Is Artificially Low / Goodluck Jonathan Attacks Osinbajo, Says He Has 'Leprous Fingers' / Corruption Allegations: Goodluck Jonathan Attacks Osinbajo, Says VP Has ‘leprous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by InsiderPost(f): 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2018
Photo- Kingsley Moghalu

Kingsley Moghalu, presidential candidate of the Young Progressives Party (YPP), has accused Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo of making “disappointing appeal to tribalism”.

He said this while reacting to Osinbajo’s comment that the people of the south-west should vote the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2019 so that power can return to the region in 2023.
The presidential candidate said he least expected such from Osinbajo.

“Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo’s reported recent statement at the palace of the Alafin of Oyo that ethnic Yoruba should vote for President Buhari in 2019 so that the Yoruba will produce the President of Nigeria in 2023 is a sad and disappointing appeal to tribalism in leadership selection in the 21st century,” the statement read.

“That this statement comes from an educated personage as Prof. Osinbajo shows us why we must turn our backs collectively on the recycled old politicians as represented by the APC and PDP.
“We must say NO to tribalism and ethnic irredentism. The twin evils have caused much damage to our national unity, leaving us a broken country when we should by now have become a real nation.

“If elected President of Nigeria in 2019, my government will unify and heal Nigeria of extreme tribalism by establishing a philosophical foundation of the Nigerian state that will unite us around a common national ambition and a national identity instead of tribal ones.”

He accused members of the ruling party of engaging in ethnic identity politics in order to secure votes in the 2019 polls, saying that anyone who believes in them is living in “fool’s paradise”.

“Senior officials of the APC-led federal government have been peddling ethnic identity politics in order to win bloc votes in the 2019 elections. Boss Mustapha, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, has reportedly assured the Igbo of the Southeast geo-political zone that they essentially will be ‘granted’ the presidency of Nigeria in 2023 if they vote to re-elect President Buhari in 2019. And Raji Fashola, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, has argued that the presidency should return to the Southwest in 2023,” he said.

“This duplicitous and primordial politics of the APC-led federal government, alongside vague promises peddled by the PDP of an ‘Igbo presidency’ in 2023 is proof that politicians from any part of our country who believe that anyone will ‘grant’ them their constitutional entitlement to leadership aspiration in Nigeria and determine when their ‘turn’ for national political leadership has arrived, are living in a fool’s paradise.

“Our old, recycled politicians, with their incompetence and their tired, divisive politics, have failed. They have given us poverty instead of prosperity, unemployment instead of jobs, and a comatose economy instead of the wealth of nations in a globalized world.

“We must now reject them at the ballot box in 2019 and vote, based on merit and not the backward approach of ‘zoning’ that recycles mediocrity, for a modern leadership that can take our citizens out of poverty and our country into the 21st century.”
https://insiderpostonline./2018/12/24/moghalu-attacks-osinbajo-asks-nigerians-to-reject-tribalism/

1 Like

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by DrGoodman: 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2018
Forget that matter, tribalism can never end in Nigeria. That's what elevated Awolowo to godlike status in the south west, that's what made Oba Akiolu popular, that's what Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode has been using to stay relevant to their people and not competence. The more tribalistic you are in the west, the more successful you will be termed to be.

How would you expect Osinbajo to be any different if his people will love him? grin

10 Likes

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by bender79: 5:06pm On Dec 24, 2018
The simple question is can moughalu win his Ward? If you ask me I don't even think he will score higher than Sowore.
Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by goclean: 5:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nigeria will not move forward until our President and other political office holders are placed on minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by sLentlover7778(m): 5:08pm On Dec 24, 2018
As for me Oooo.. have gat my mind made up and I won't turn back, because I don't want my unborn child to suffer these kind suffering Buhari and APC dey suffer Nigerian.. enough is enough.

Atiku and Peter obi will turned everything around for us all.. I'm �% convinced and sure these two are God sent..

God bless Atiku
God bless Peter Obi
God bless Nigeria
God bless the hand that will vote for PDP

#Atiku2019

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by dunkem21(m): 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2018
bender79:
The simple question is can moughalu win his Ward? If you ask me I don't even think he will score higher than Sowore.

The answer is that Osinbajo is a bigot.. Not different from the tribal warriors here.

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:21pm On Dec 24, 2018
InsiderPost:
Photo- Kingsley Moghalu

That this statement comes from an educated personage as Prof. Osinbajo

https://insiderpostonline./2018/12/24/moghalu-attacks-osinbajo-asks-nigerians-to-reject-tribalism/
These are the people in the forefront shouting one 9jeria (Nigeria) undecided

Breeze don blow fowl yansh, we can now see who they truly are!!!

Coming from a professor and a pastor No! No!! No!!! It's VERY disappointing!

3 Likes

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by BabaO2: 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2018
Moghalu that is talking rubbish, I watched his Ibo coloured lecture, even prof Wole Soyinka that was invited was visibly treated as a second class citizen to ikewachukwu and all his Ibo chiefs and kinsmen.
Peter obi's choice and agitation for Ibo presidency by all Ibo leaders including same moghalu is not tribalism? SW equally desire presidency in 2023, moghalu and his kinsmen should rather face their own strategy and be less concerned about SW strategy.
Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by PythonAmaka: 5:36pm On Dec 24, 2018
dunkem21:

The answer is that Osinbajo is a bigot.. Not different from the tribal warriors here.

When Ohanaeze, Okorocha, Ngige were championing the call for Igbo 2023 Presidency, it was called patriotism and yeebos were beating their cheasts in excitement but when Fashola, Osinbajo do same, it is called tribalism. What makes you think two different tribes from two different parties can not vie for their ethnic interests, afterall, 2019 election is referred to as Northern Presidency. Why are some people so sick in the head?

python amaka

3 Likes

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by PythonAmaka: 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2018
DrGoodman:
Forget that matter, tribalism can never end in Nigeria. That's what elevated Awolowo to godlike status in the south west, that's what made Oba Akiolu popular, that's what Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode has been using to stay relevant to their people and not competence. The more tribalistic you are in the west, the more successful you will be termed to be.

How would you expect Osinbajo to be any different if his people will love him? grin
The man that did Igbos shege grin
Baba gat swagg cheesy

python amaka

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by BabaO2: 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

These are the people in the forefront shouting one 9jeria (Nigeria) undecided

Breeze don blow fowl yansh, we can now see who they truly are!!!

Coming from a professor and a pastor No! No!! No!!! It's VERY disappointing!
Because he's a professor and a pastor he should supress his tribe's interest for Ibo's interest to reign? You guys are too predictable with your stupidity and absurdity in reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2018
No patriotic leader will make such an irresponsible statement!

I condemn it in all totality!

These people needs orientation before taking up any post!

3 Likes

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by ImperialYoruba: 5:56pm On Dec 24, 2018
We Yoruba youths support VP message. There is no tone of tribalism in it.
Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by dunkem21(m): 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2018
PythonAmaka:

When Ohanaeze, Okorocha, Ngige were championing the call for Igbo 2023 Presidency, it was called patriotism and yeebos were beating their cheasts in excitement but when Fashola, Osinbajo do same, it is called tribalism. What makes you think two different tribes from two different parties can not vie for their ethnic interests, afterall, 2019 election is referred to as Northern Presidency. Why are some people so sick in the head?

python amaka

All the people you mentioned are bigots..

Oh!, they are all APC members cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by PythonAmaka: 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2018
dunkem21:

All the people you mentioned are bigots..

Oh!, they are all APC members cheesy

So it all about the party now & no longer the region?.. Ohanaeze is also an APC Union I guess..

python amaka
Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by Guestlander: 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2018
Storm in a teapot. Still scratching my head to see how what he said amounts to tribalism. Yorubas should support his boss so they can have a shot at the presidency later on.

I like to know which ethnic group he offended by that.
Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by dunkem21(m): 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2018
PythonAmaka:

So it all about the party now & no longer the region?.. Ohanaeze is also an APC Union I guess..

python amaka

Oga, Osinbajo is a bigot - Moghalu cheesy .. before dem put me for prison.

Argue with Moghalu.

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by Guestlander: 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
No patriotic leader will make such an irresponsible statement!

I condemn it in all totality!

These people needs orientation before taking up any post!

Can you please explain how this offended your ethnic group?
Perhaps he should have said Yorubas should vote for Buhari so that an ibo can become the president in 2023. That would have been an illogical statement.
Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by orion7: 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2018
useless tribal leader
Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by Guestlander: 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2018
BabaO2:
Moghalu that is talking rubbish, I watched his Ibo coloured lecture, even prof Wole Soyinka that was invited was visibly treated as a second class citizen to ikewachukwu and all his Ibo chiefs and kinsmen.
Peter obi's choice and agitation for Ibo presidency by all Ibo leaders including same moghalu is not tribalism? SW equally desire presidency in 2023, moghalu and his kinsmen should rather face their own strategy and be less concerned about SW strategy.

That Moghalu fool is the one displaying persecution complex here. Should Osinbajo in the presence of Alaafin be campaigning for ibo presidency even when he is running for reelection himself.
Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by Guestlander: 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2018
orion7:
useless tribal leader

Vote for Atiku and Peter Obi.
Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by orion7: 6:45pm On Dec 24, 2018
Guestlander:

Vote for Atiku and Peter Obi.
na mumu buhari I go first vote For?

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by basilo101: 7:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
Why is moghalu surprised? Yoruba man can never be above tribalism

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by basilo101: 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2018
Guestlander:

That Moghalu fool is the one displaying persecution complex here. Should Osinbajo in the presence of Alaafin be campaigning for ibo presidency even when he is running for reelection himself.
Lol. How about enumerating buhari's achievement
Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by basilo101: 7:05pm On Dec 24, 2018
Guestlander:

Can you please explain how this offended your ethnic group?
Perhaps he should have said Yorubas should vote for Buhari so that an ibo can become the president in 2023. That would have been an illogical statement.
You still in the ethnic dirt. Osubade should tell us their achievements. That should be the only reason for any vote

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by basilo101: 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2018
Guestlander:
Storm in a teapot. Still scratching my head to see how what he said amounts to tribalism. Yorubas should support his boss so they can have a shot at the presidency later on.

I like to know which ethnic group he offended by that.
He offended humanity. Achievement is the only criteria for reelection

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by SarkinYarki: 7:08pm On Dec 24, 2018
I hate Buhari
Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by Guestlander: 7:09pm On Dec 24, 2018
basilo101:

He offended humanity. Achievement is the only criteria for reelection

Let us assume for a moment he didn't campaign on his achievements, what exactly did he say that is offensive to your ethnic group?
Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by basilo101: 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2018
PythonAmaka:

python amaka
Thank God you mentioned okorocha and ngige who nobody takes seriously. Apc a party of tribalist. Let them market buhari's achievement to us. We not part of cheap tribal card

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by basilo101: 7:16pm On Dec 24, 2018
Guestlander:

Let us assume for a moment he didn't campaign on his achievements, what exactly did he say that is offensive to your ethnic group?
Its offensive to humanity. What is your obsession with ethnic group. You all are the same

2 Likes

Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by Guestlander: 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2018
basilo101:

Its offensive to humanity. What is your obsession with ethnic group. You all are the same

Which part of his statement was offensive to humanity?
Remember he was accused of tribalism not crime against humanity
Re: Moghalu Attacks Osinbajo, Asks Nigerians To Reject Tribalism by deboysben(m): 7:24pm On Dec 24, 2018
We will continue to support buhari government even if they are killing my people .

Cos of 2023 Presidency

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

JUST IN: Rivers Court Removes Lulu-briggs As Governorship Candidate / EFCC Speaks On Arresting Atiku Abubakar / BREAKING: Days After Removal As Emir, Kaduna Gives Sanusi New Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.