Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? (590 Views)

Will We Ever Feel Safe And Secure? What Does The Bible Have To Say? / What Does The Bible Have To Say About YAHOO YAHOO? / What Is Lust? What Does The Bible Have To Say About Lust? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? by cleanvessel(m): 5:33pm On Dec 24, 2018
Critics of Christianity say the Bible has many versions, while the Quran has none. Well, I have read many versions, and could not discover any inconsistencies. They are all having the same meaning but different constructions. Then, what is the offence in making it simpler for people of a particular area or region? I challenge anyone to point out a Bible version having meaning different from others.

As for the Quran, there are different translations, conveying different meanings. If you care to see them, I am more than ready to quote them. The argument put forward as a defence is that the Arabic text is always the same. But the question is, do Muslims understand Arabic language differently?

Which is better: Bible versions having the same meaning or Quranic translations with different meanings?
Re: Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? by malvisguy212: 10:30pm On Dec 24, 2018
nice topic
Re: Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? by cleanvessel(m): 11:57pm On Dec 24, 2018
malvisguy212:
nice topic

Thanks my brother.

Quite a long time.

.....truthman
Re: Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? by MightySparrow: 12:27am On Dec 25, 2018
I don't like comparison of Bible with Quran. islam is a scam. Those days I heard my ignorant Muslim friends say islam is the same everywhere until I began to research and found that islam follows four Imams' ideologies practiced differently in four parts of muslim world. Their quran has translations Yussuf Ali's most popular. also i discover sunnis and shia who have different views on so many doctrines: hence they hate and kill themselves till now. The hatred among them is worse than between that them and kafir.

1 Like

Re: Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? by CodeTemplar: 1:42am On Dec 25, 2018
MightySparrow:
I don't like comparison of Bible with Quran. islam is a scam. Those days I heard my ignorant Muslim friends say islam is the same everywhere until I began to research and found that islam follows four Imams' ideologies practiced differently in four parts of muslim world. Their quran has translations Yussuf Ali's most popular. also i discover sunnis and shia who have different views on so many doctrines: hence they hate and kill themselves till now. The hatred among them is worse than between that them and kafir.

Islamists are truly a bunch.
Check this out: A non-muslim converts to Islam and start growing in his new found Islam. He grows to a point he becomes a soldier of the their holy jihad war where they kill all non-muslims who are yet to convert as infidels.
My question is this : what right has a convert got to kill a potential convert ?

Will he not be guilty of sorcery and witchcraft for taking a decision that assumes he knows the future of others?

Islam is a carnal religion. They lay little emphasis on the spiritual beyond accepting it's existence.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? by CodeTemplar: 1:47am On Dec 25, 2018
The various versions are almost like new language translations unlike Quran where the maintenance of the book in mostly Arabic has cut off majority of Muslims from understanding the real messages.

1 Like

Re: Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? by MightySparrow: 4:25am On Dec 25, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Islamists are truly a bunch.
Check this out: A non-muslim converts to Islam and start growing in his new found Islam. He grows to a point he becomes a soldier of the their holy jihad war where they kill all non-muslims who are yet to convert as infidels.
My question is this : what right has a convert got to kill a potential convert ?

Will he not be guilty of sorcery and witchcraft for taking a decision that assumes he knows the future of others?

Islam is a carnal religion. They lay little emphasis on the spiritual beyond accepting it's existence.
you see it? Some ignorant adherents blindly follow a prophet (SAW) who did not understand Christianity, copied whatever suited him from the bible, created out of jealousy, hatred in innocent people for Jews and Christians, enemity for the rest of the world - a self appointed defender of powerless Allah.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? by CodeTemplar: 4:38am On Dec 25, 2018
MightySparrow:
you see it? Some ignorant adherents blindly follow a prophet (SAW) who did not understand Christianity, copied whatever suited him from the bible, created out of jealousy, hatred in innocent people for Jews and Christians, enemity for the rest of the world - a self appointed defender of powerless Allah.
End product is a god that needs help with everything. a phantom god that needs followers to kill in order to win any battle.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? by MightySparrow: 5:56am On Dec 25, 2018
CodeTemplar:
End product is a god that needs help with everything. a phantom god that needs followers to kill in order to win any battle.
You see am?
Re: Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? by oyatz(m): 6:49am On Dec 25, 2018
The main issues with Islam which Muslims need to address (for a better world) is to accept that

1) The Prophet Mohammed (SAW) was a holy messager of Allah but nevertheless a man, who like all mortals made his own mistakes.

2) Some of the instructions and actions of Prophet Mohammed (E.g the Qur'anic verses and the Sunnah/Hadiths that inspire terrorism), though may be acceptable in his era and in his community but has no universal and permanent applications.

1 Like

Re: Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? by cleanvessel(m): 8:25am On Dec 25, 2018
oyatz:
The main issues with Islam which Muslims need to address (for a better world) is to accept that

1) The Prophet Mohammed (SAW) was a holy messager of Allah but nevertheless a man, who like all mortals made his own mistakes.

2) Some of the instructions and actions of Prophet Mohammed (E.g the Qur'anic verses and the Sunnah/Hadiths that inspire terrorism), though may be acceptable in his era and in his community but has no universal and permanent applications.

If the Qur'an is not applicable for all times, it means it is not eternal as claimed by Muslims. An eternal book should be relevant at all times.

1 Like

Re: Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? by Uyi168: 8:31am On Dec 25, 2018
Quran too has different versions....
There is so great division within Islam..

1 Like

Re: Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? by tobechi20(m): 8:32am On Dec 25, 2018
songs have remix
Re: Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? by oyatz(m): 9:13am On Dec 25, 2018
Not necessarily true sir.

The claim by Muslims that every part of the Qur'an was a message from Allah, dictated by Angel Gabriel to Prophet Muhammad may or may not be 100% true but it can be explained that certain verses were for the Immediate population/ages but not with eternal applications

cleanvessel:

If the Qur'an is not applicable for times, it means it is not eternal as claimed by Muslims. An eternal book should be relevant at all times.

1 Like

Re: Why Should The Bible Have Many Versions ? by malvisguy212: 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2018
cleanvessel:

Thanks my brother.
Quite a long time.
.....truthman
long time indeed brother, nice to hear from you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

50+ Whys You Must Speak In Tongue / How Does One Receive The Holy Spirit? / Lifecreation Api: Programming Human Species & HomoSapiens Kill Switch- End Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.