Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Why Is Rome The Christian Capital - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Rome The Christian Capital (3736 Views)

Biden Receives Communion At Mass At St. Patrick's Church In Rome( Pics) / Rome, Bantus And The Demon- White Jesus / Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by slimderek(m): 8:36am On Dec 25, 2018
What happened to Jerusalem?
I'm sure there are other large cities close to Isreal.
Why Rome?
Was Jesus from Rome?
Remember it's the same Roman's that's killed Jesus.
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by babyfaceafrica: 8:39am On Dec 25, 2018
why is Lagos Nigerian capital?.. why not ph or Enugu or kano?..why is Lagos capital Ikeja?.. why not lekki ,ikoyi or vi?....smh
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by Witlee(m): 8:57am On Dec 25, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
why is Lagos Nigerian capital?.. why not ph or Enugu or kano?..why is Lagos capital Ikeja?.. why not lekki ,ikoyi or vi?....smh

Is Lagos now Nigeria capital? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by OtemAtum: 9:20am On Dec 25, 2018
because Paul the beginner of Christianity was a Roman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by felixomor: 10:29am On Dec 25, 2018
OtemAtum:
You are supposed to be a skeptic
How do you know Paul existed?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by sonmvayina(m): 11:05am On Dec 25, 2018
Christianity was birthed in Rome, by the emperor Constantine who wanted a single religion for his empire.. The Christian scriptures was added at the end of the Jewish Tanakh which they called the old testament. They used it as a base for their religion... Judaism and Christianity are 2 different religions... With different beliefs...

All the Christian scriptures or New testament are forgeries...

Just to deceive the gullible

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by CAPSLOCKED: 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2018
THE SIMPLEST ANSWER....

sonmvayina:
Christianity was birthed in Rome, by the emperor Constantine who wanted a single religion for his empire.. The Christian scriptures was added at the end of the Jewish Tanakh which they called the old testament. They used it as a base for their religion... Judaism and Christianity are 2 different religions... With different beliefs...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by Dantedasz(m): 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2018
Emperor Constantine the great was the founder of Christianity.
His mother St Helena was the one who converted the pagan shrines to churches once Christianity was decreed the Roman state religion.
It was Helena that introduced the cross as the official symbol of Christianity. Helena is venerated in the following churches as a mother of a saint-1.Catholic. 2.Eastern Othordox.3.Anglican. 4.Lutheran. 5.Oriental Othordox.

So as you can see Christianity only became the behemoth when Constantine officially decreed it as the state religion.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by LordCenturion(m): 1:19pm On Dec 25, 2018
OtemAtum:

good day great otem,long time , I created a twitter account in order to let others to be aware of doctufos ,i just created it today, and I will love to discuss something with u through emails

but great otem, I don't know why you silent all this months,you should know that your silent isn't okay for us, please can I know the reason why you suddenly stop writing?,so that I won't bother u anymore?

hope to hear from you soon..
thanks
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by Ubenedictus(m): 3:56pm On Dec 25, 2018
slimderek:
Why Rome?
Was Jesus from Rome?
read Matt 16:16-20 compare with Isaiah 22:22.

Presidency of the church was given to one man in particular his name was Peter so where Peter was there was the principal Christian Church, Peter spent a long time in Jerusalem, then according to Pau in Galatians he moved to Antioch, early Christians are unanimous that he was on his way to Rome and that Peter and Paul built up the church in Rome and we're martyred there. That is how Rome became the pre-eminent Christian see... It is the church of Peter and Paul exercising the primacy Jesus Christ gave to St Peter.

It has nothing to do with Constantine, Rome was already the preeminent Christian see even before Constantine was born.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by Ubenedictus(m): 4:04pm On Dec 25, 2018
slimderek:
Why Rome?
Was Jesus from Rome?
if you are worried that the romans killed Jesus you should also remember that it was the jews who brought him forth for death and asked for the death penalty

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by OtemAtum: 5:12am On Dec 26, 2018
felixomor:

You are supposed to be a skeptic
How do you know Paul existed?
The book of UNIVERSAL HISTORY has all the answers you need about the existence of Paul. Read the book of Common Era about Paul. Peace and Happy New Year im advance.
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 26, 2018
Because that is where the Pagan religion emanated from
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by felixomor: 6:48am On Dec 26, 2018
OtemAtum:
The book of UNIVERSAL HISTORY has all the answers you need about the existence of Paul. Read the book of Common Era about Paul. Peace and Happy New Year im advance.
Pls where is the book of UNIVERSAL HISTORY?
Who wrote it?
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by alBHAGDADI: 7:01am On Dec 26, 2018
Rome is not our capital. Our capital is the Jerusalem which will descend from above during Christ's return.

The Catholic Church in Rome is a pagan establishment and the LovePeddler of Babylon. Flee from it as fast as you can.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by Kamxin(m): 7:02am On Dec 26, 2018
felixomor:

Pls where is the book of UNIVERSAL HISTORY?
Who wrote it?

Another book to feed fantasy and the curious by all the pagans

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by PROPHETmichael: 7:15am On Dec 26, 2018
LordCenturion:

good day great otem,long time , I created a twitter account in order to let others to be aware of doctufos ,i just created it today, and I will love to discuss something with u through emails

but great otem, I don't know why you silent all this months,you should know that your silent isn't okay for us, please can I know the reason why you suddenly stop writing?,so that I won't bother u anymore?

hope to hear from you soon..
thanks

You see your life?
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by felixomor: 7:34am On Dec 26, 2018
Kamxin:

Another book to feed fantasy and the curious by all the pagans
Honestly
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by spongeisback: 9:04am On Dec 26, 2018
The Jews don't worship him, they see him as a fraud.

Ubenedictus:
if you are worried that the romans killed Jesus you should also remember that it was the jews who brought him forth for death and asked for the death penalty
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by LordCenturion(m): 9:15am On Dec 26, 2018
PROPHETmichael:

You see your life?

What are u talking about son of Satan(nymphidis/jehovah)?,I didn't direct the message to u but to 0temSapien

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by LordReed(m): 9:49am On Dec 26, 2018
slimderek:
Why Rome?
Was Jesus from Rome?

Because it was Rome that made Christianity a political and military force. Without which it may not have had the influence it has today.
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by Ubenedictus(m): 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2018
sonmvayina:

this is untrue, there were already Christians in Rome before Constantine was born.
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by Ubenedictus(m): 12:50pm On Dec 26, 2018
frosbel2:
Because that is where the Pagan religion emanateed from

So you are back to your old tricks.

Pagan religion is everywhere, the church didn't move its prominent see to Rome because of pagan religions that sounds dumb unless you mean that the church was trying to convert the pagans right from the source
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by Ubenedictus(m): 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Rome is not our capital. Our capital is the Jerusalem which will descend from above during Christ's return.

The Catholic Church in Rome is a pagan establishment and the LovePeddler of Babylon. Flee from it as fast as you can.
Amen Jerusalem that is above is our mother....

The question though has not been answered, why is it that for close to 2000year the preeminent church has been rome.

The Catholic Church in Rome was taught by the apostles Paul and Peter, are they also pagans?
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by Ubenedictus(m): 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2018
spongeisback:
The Jews don't worship him, they see him as a fraud.

how does this relate to my post?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by Ubenedictus(m): 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2018
LordReed:

Because it was Rome that made Christianity a political and military force. Without which it may not have had the influence it has today.
even before Rome gave Christianity freedom of religion the church in Rome already had a place of preeminence
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by alBHAGDADI: 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2018
Ubenedictus:
Amen Jerusalem that is above is our mother....

The question though has not been answered, why is it that for close to 2000year the preeminent church has been rome.

The Catholic Church in Rome was taught by the apostles Paul and Peter, are they also pagans?

The church the taught is different from Roman Catholic Church which is pagan and of Satan.
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by Ubenedictus(m): 1:25pm On Dec 26, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

The church the taught is different from Roman Catholic Church which is pagan and of Satan.
so where did the church that the apostles taught go to? Abi the devil conquered the church in Rome and replaced it with paganism? The gates of hell prevailed? When did that happen
Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by JJOF(m): 1:38pm On Dec 26, 2018
Abeg na who make rome or jerusalem the capital of christianity? Christianity na nation or country or state? Rome is the headquarter of d catholic church, n not christianity.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by LordReed(m): 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2018
Ubenedictus:
even before Rome gave Christianity freedom of religion the church in Rome already had a place of preeminence

Really? Christianity would have been a worse mess of schism than we have today and would never have had the influence it has today. If you separate the Roman Catholic church from all other sects it would fall to being the 2nd largest religion, after Islam, a religion that was also helped by political and military force. My guy it is obvious that neither Christianity nor Islam would have anywhere the influence they have now without the the injection of political and military power.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by Anas09: 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2018
felixomor:
You are supposed to be a skeptic How do you know Paul existed?
Ask am.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Rome The Christian Capital by Anas09: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Thank you sir.

Christianity is a Spiritual Kingdom whose Capital is still Spiritual until Christ returns. And like my brother here said, it's call New Jerusalem and it shall descend from Heaven.

Anybody wey allow satan deceive am say the Capital of Christianity na Rome, na him sabi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Africans And The Concept Of One God / You Shall Reap Where You Did Not Sow / Dinner, Drinks And Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.