Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 (576 Views)

Either By 2019 Or 2023 Victory, Atiku Will Be Sworn In. / Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback / Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by damidodo: 10:54am On Dec 25, 2018
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo says Nigeria will stop importing rice by next year.

According to Laolu Akande, senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity, Osinbajo said this on Sunday at the palace of Musa Dogonkadai, the Seriki of the Hausa community in Agege, Lagos.

He said leaders of those countries help their farmers to expand their farms so that they can earn money.

The vice-president said the federal government, through its anchor borrowers programme, had given over 760,000 farmers soft loans to produce rice, millet and sorghum.

Osinbajo said the federal government would continue to work towards improving the welfare of all Nigerians.

SOURCE:http://www.nigerianeye.com/2018/12/osinbajo-well-stop-importing-rice-by.html

“Look at what is happening in the north now because of the Anchor Borrowers Programme. We gave many of the farmers, over 760,000 farmers, soft loans. So, now they are producing rice, producing millet, producing sorghum,” Osinbajo said.

“We are not importing rice now. We are bringing rice from Kebbi, from Sokoto, from all over the country. By next year, we will not import rice. All our rice will be produced here. When you do that farmers will be rich. Farmers in other countries they are rich people. They are not poor. I’ve been to a country where farmers own airplanes. Why? Because their leaders are not thieves. Their leaders help them so that they can farm; they can expand their farms and they can earn money.

“I went to speak to them in Kebbi. Two of the farmers came to me and said, since this our government (came into power), they have been doing very well. One of them said, “now I have my money, I can pay for my hajj.” Another one even told me that he has married a second wife and I said no, no. I said don’t do that because one wife is enough. He said since he is getting some money be can marry a second wife

“But the truth of the matter is that there is enough money for us in this country. I believe that we must give President Muhammadu Buhari enough votes to lead this country for four more years. If he leads this country for four more years, you will see the difference.”
Re: Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by Racoon(m): 11:16am On Dec 25, 2018
Another 2018 eve lie.Just like all make & failed APC promises.Even the rice I just ate now is still the foreign brand.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by deboysben(m): 11:33am On Dec 25, 2018
I'm a pastor, a man of God I go around sharing #10,000 to poor people to vote for us, we are fighting corruption, if you condole vote buying we will send EFCC and DSS to arrest you.

We are sincere and ready for free fair and credible election next year but we will never sign the electoral bill into law.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by Omeokachie: 11:47am On Dec 25, 2018
"We will?"

I thought "we have stopped"

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by StillX10(m): 1:27pm On Dec 25, 2018
This pastor has learned to tell lies

But during the debate he said we have stopped producing rice.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by basilo101: 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2018
The dwarf pastor and lies are like 5&6

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by tit(f): 2:55pm On Dec 25, 2018
Olooorun!!!
Re: Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by sammyj: 2:58pm On Dec 25, 2018
Hope this is not just sensational news because Nigeria rice sweet die grin
Re: Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by seniormallam(m): 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2018
JUST SAY WE WILL STOP EATING RICE IN 2019, THIS MAN SHOULD NOT ALLOW PEOPLE START HOARDING RICE
Re: Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by SarkinYarki: 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2018
the way these Satanic people lie to Nigerians show they don't have regards for them ..
Re: Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by jude79(m): 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2018
kai, prof! prof!! prof!!! take am easy with the lies now, ahh!! idon too much now!!
Re: Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by jude79(m): 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2018
we eat 90% foreign rice, but according to our pastor vp, we import 10% foreign rice. question; how?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by SternProphet: 4:25pm On Dec 25, 2018
jude79:
we eat 90% foreign rice, but according to our pastor vp, we import 10% foreign rice. question; how?
Smuggling.
Re: Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by RevLikeBigYansh: 4:30pm On Dec 25, 2018
Dem don begin shift goal post
Re: Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by jude79(m): 5:02pm On Dec 25, 2018
[quote author=SternProphet post=74159020]
Smuggling. [/quo
then, u should be the one at the helm of the nation's affairs, not buhari and osibanjo
Re: Osinbajo: We’ll Stop Importing Rice By 2019 by poscabafash: 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2018
This is one of the reasons we have to vote for Buhari

(1) (Reply)

2019 Presidency: Atiku Attacks Buhari In New Year Message / Association Of 'cooks' Storm Buhari's 2019 Presidential Flag-off In Uyo / Ambode Swears-in Youngest Ever Hos In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.