Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,832 members, 7,837,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam (11685 Views)

Jarvis Johnson, US Lawmaker, Calls For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release / Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker / Linda Somiari Stewart: Rivers Lawmaker Makes U-Turn, Returns To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by fran6co(m): 7:42am On Dec 26, 2018
Chukazu:

His constituency project is part of the Said budget...if the budget is not well implimented how would help the community?
his colleagues ar doing tangible project. Were did they get the money from
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by soflygerian(m): 7:48am On Dec 26, 2018
Caution!!! Believe that MAN at your own risk..
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by asobo: 7:49am On Dec 26, 2018
jafol:
These Igbos ehn, your south east leaders r taking u all animals for granted you cant use that energy to insult them but when it comes to south west matter. All u good for nothing ojukwu descendents have something to say upon that they say yorubas back stab them. Ope kato backstab yin, werey gbogbo. You cant turn a blind eye to ur own leaders n carry another mans trouble gor head.
See this wawa talking, shege dan iska kawai, mahokace irin ka. Your type disgust me, spit on you. In case you want to tag me an ipob, I am from the north banza kawai
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by honestivo(m): 8:01am On Dec 26, 2018
So many things budgeted for in the 2018 budget has not implemented
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by bilulu(m): 8:39am On Dec 26, 2018
HarryDuce:
He's a lawmaker. Just in case you didn't read that part.
and same u will b shouting Wat has senators done for their own people.... how about his constituency allowance
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by lastempero: 8:41am On Dec 26, 2018
For the man to say that all he sees in rivers are patch roads, makes him a devilish APC lied.
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by Ayobami7(m): 8:44am On Dec 26, 2018
好的
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by Chukazu: 8:54am On Dec 26, 2018
fran6co:
his colleagues ar doing tangible project. Were did they get the money from

The issue of constituency project itself is fraud.

It's just one of those avenues that legislatures use to syphon money.
Their job should be purely law making and oversight

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by Chimkizy(m): 9:23am On Dec 26, 2018
fran6co:
Martins mannah has done nothing for his constituency, the only visible project he carried out was the renovation of his father's house.

My brother, this one touch my soul
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by 1shortblackboy: 9:31am On Dec 26, 2018
ok if that is the case is enough to just talk about it? he is a lawmaker what is he doing about it
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by coolscott(m): 10:01am On Dec 26, 2018
14Ebiscoo:
The lawmaker representing Ahoada East Constituency one in the Rivers state House of Assembly, Martins Mannah has described the 2019 budget of the State as a scam.

Mannah, who addressed newsmen after the budget presentation, said little or nothing was achieved with the 2018 budget.

He further said the newly presented budget may face the challenge of implementation, adding that there is a misplaced priority in the budget because security is expected to lead.

“The 2019 budget of the Wike Government is another scam. N480bn?

“The Governor is presenting N480billion when the 2018 budget has achieved nothing. All we have been seeing are patching of roads. No major project anywhere in the state.

“A state that claims to be generating employment is giving only 4billion naira to Agriculture.

“Let me tell you, during the budget 2018 defence here, one on the Ministries got 6billion naira in 2017 and we asked them what they did with their allocation, the Commissioner of that Ministry said they did not receive one naira from the Rivers state government. So, this 2019 will be the same.”

Governor Nyesom Wike on Monday presented the 2019 Appropriation Bill of N480.42 billion to the State House of Assembly for consideration.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/25/rivers-lawmaker-calls-gov-wikes-2019-budget-another-scam/

I have to say, it is not possible for a ministry not to "...receive one naira" from a state government and survive & function throughout the said period.
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by fran6co(m): 10:45am On Dec 26, 2018
Chukazu:

The issue of constituency project itself is fraud.

It's just one of those avenues that legislatures use to syphon money.
Their job should be purely law making and oversight
tru talk bro,
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by MrWondah(m): 11:56am On Dec 26, 2018
Zico5:
This guy will be wasted in no time mark my words. Nobody plays with wike and go free with his life.

Actually, he will not. The same guy came into power bcs Woke needed to compensate Islanders in Ahoada. The man that won the primaries was asked to withdraw overnight for this guy.
He went there, the only he did was renovate his fathers house as someone rightly pointed out. He was given contract to construct odiemerenyi road in ahoada, but he didn't do a thing.
When he was asked to give way to another person this guy turned a bitter soul.

This same guy went on wazobia FM and Nigeria info to accuse the local government chairman of kidnapping the diocese of ahoada, Anglican bishop just to score cheap political score.

Wike might not be perfect, but when it comes to road construction ii give it to him.

The major issue rivers state is having iis security.

For those saying Port Harcourt iis dirty, I guess you have not been to Lagos. No city in Nigeria is clean. Except some parts where the elites live. Anywhere the poor and average llive is always dirty.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by otokx(m): 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2018
MrWondah:

Actually, he will not. The same guy came into power bcs Woke needed to compensate Islanders in Ahoada. The man that won the primaries was asked to withdraw overnight for this guy.
He went there, the only he did was renovate his fathers house as someone rightly pointed out. He was given contract to construct odiemerenyi road in ahoada, but he didn't do a thing.
When he was asked to give way to another person this guy turned a bitter soul.

This same guy went on wazobia FM and Nigeria info to accuse the local government chairman of kidnapping the diocese of ahoada, Anglican bishop just to score cheap political score.

Wike might not be perfect, but when it comes to road construction ii give it to him.

The major issue rivers state is having iis security.

For those saying Port Harcourt iis dirty, I guess you have not been to Lagos. No city in Nigeria is clean. Except some parts where the elites live. Anywhere the poor and average llive is always dirty.

You appear to be on ground but Rivers State is really dirty starting from Mbiama to Oyigbo et al. Cultism holds sway as you have pointed out.
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by MrWondah(m): 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2018
otokx:

You appear to be on ground but Rivers State is really dirty starting from Mbiama to Oyigbo et al. Cultism holds sway as you have pointed out.

I'm not disputing the fact that part of Rivers state iis dirty. I know for sure no government has done enough for ahoada west, especially mbiama, JK et al.

But for oyigbo, the government wwhen they came into power wanted to build the federal road. But certain group of APC members sued the government that it was not in its jurisdiction to build the road, it raised a lot of dusts until iit was finally abandoned. Since then the federal govt has not felt any need to make effort on that road because riversis PDP.

For mbiaba, there had been efforts to move the market but it was greeted with protest and opposition. Bear in mind this is Reason Onya's stronghold.
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by naijajobx: 12:27pm On Dec 26, 2018
smiley
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by jafol(m): 2:30pm On Dec 26, 2018
asobo:
See this wawa talking, shege dan iska kawai, mahokace irin ka. Your type disgust me, spit on you. In case you want to tag me an ipob, I am from the north banza kawai

Look at this cheap developer of southwest slave. Keep using hausa google to reply me, lmao, oloriburuku. I know u r an ipob, u can change ur lamguage bit a leopard doesnt change its spots.
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by otokx(m): 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2018
MrWondah:

I'm not disputing the fact that part of Rivers state iis dirty. I know for sure no government has done enough for ahoada west, especially mbiama, JK et al.

But for oyigbo, the government wwhen they came into power wanted to build the federal road. But certain group of APC members sued the government that it was not in its jurisdiction to build the road, it raised a lot of dusts until iit was finally abandoned. Since then the federal govt has not felt any need to make effort on that road because riversis PDP.

For mbiaba, there had been efforts to move the market but it was greeted with protest and opposition. Bear in mind this is Reason Onya's stronghold.

Everywhere is Market in Rivers State, so unplanned, Market that are owned by private individuals like the one at Choba junction causing traffic and heaps of refuse.

There was a time WIKE convinced private firms to contribute towards repairing a road hoping the state govt will put up counter part funding, note these private firms on their own would have repaired those roads but what happened next is that as usual so much collected and little spent.

Note than NPA saw should the charade and refused to be part of it ~ people will later say NPA is APC and all that.
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by asobo: 2:50pm On Dec 26, 2018
jafol:

Look at this cheap developer of southwest slave. Keep using hausa google to reply me, lmao, oloriburuku. I know u r an ipob, u can change ur lamguage bit a leopard doesnt change its spots.
Atiku will win and there is nothing you can do about it. Eyeah not all northerners are slaves to Buhari get that into your stinking brain
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by jafol(m): 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2018
asobo:
Atiku will win and there is nothing you can do about it. Eyeah not all northerners are slaves to Buhari get that into your stinking brain

cool we shall see
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by mitchelljnr(m): 6:56am On Dec 27, 2018
Chukazu:

His constituency project is part of the Said budget...if the budget is not well implimented how would he help the community?

And u think if he did not receive his constituents money you won't hear the whole news agencies carrying it?
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by Swagaholic01: 7:58am On Dec 27, 2018
mitchelljnr:

And u think if he did not receive his constituents money you won't hear the whole news agencies carrying it?

Wike dint give any APC member their constituency funds
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by mitchelljnr(m): 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
Swagaholic01:

Wike dint give any APC member their constituency funds

I believe you're not in Rivers and if you are you would have known that doing that will let hell lose in the state, and it would have been their campaign song by now that he didn't give APC members holding positions their money.
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by Swagaholic01: 8:14pm On Dec 27, 2018
mitchelljnr:

I believe you're not in Rivers and if you are you would have known that doing that will let hell lose in the state, and it would have been their campaign song by now that he didn't give APC members holding positions their money.

LOL, I'm in ph and an insider so I know what I'm saying..
Re: Rivers Lawmaker Calls Gov. Wike’s 2019 Budget Another Scam by mitchelljnr(m): 5:30am On Dec 28, 2018
Swagaholic01:

LOL, I'm in ph and an insider so I know what I'm saying..

Then you're an APC supporter who wants to give wrong info or you're misinformed, I repeat u can quote me anywhere. If APC legislators in Rivers didn't get their money the whole world for don hear by now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facts About Igbos And Igboland. / PDP Tells FG To Perish The Thoughts Of State Of Emergency Rule In Anambra / COVID-19: FG Lifts Midnight Curfew, Crowd Restriction At Weddings, Concerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.