Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Senators, Reps Lambast Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators, Reps Lambast Obasanjo (765 Views)

Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? / Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps / PDP Lambast APC Over Location Of Buhari’s Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senators, Reps Lambast Obasanjo by vinmol: 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2010
ABUJA— MINORITY members of the House of Representatives, yesterday, said they were in agreement with former President Olusegun Obasanjo on his accusation that the National Assembly was corrupt. They, however, insisted that Obasanjo was their “grand-father in corruption”

Minority Leader of the Reps, Mr. Ali Ndume, ANPP, Borno, who addressed National Assembly Correspondents on behalf of the caucus, also said the comment by former President Obasanjo, Wednesday, that members of the Senate and the Reps were corrupt through allotting bogus allowances to themselves and inflating budgets to later benefit from it, were correct.

He added that it was Obasanjo who taught the National Assembly how to be corrupt.

Ndume said: “Obasanjo is our father and grand-father in corruption. I cannot sit here and tell you that we are not corrupt. Obasanjo was correct to say that we insert constituency projects in the budget and that we decide who the contractors would be.

“But that is because everyone wants to make sure that there is a project for his constituency each year. Why should I not want to insist that the contractor must come from my constituency? If after the job has been executed and the contractor comes to me, or to my father or mother and says, ‘take ten thousand’, well, that is another issue.

“But was it not Obsanjo that bribed every member of the House in 2006 with N50 million each to support his failed third term agenda? I want the Press to go and find out what was the asset and bank account of Obasanjo before he became President in 1999. Then go and check his bank account now, and his asset, then you will understand what I am saying.

“Obasanjo should have said that politicians are corrupt, not only the National Assembly, because he is the father and grandfather of corruption in Nigeria.”

by:By Ben Agande, Inalegwu Shaibu & Luka Binniyat
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/06/senators-reps-lambast-obasanjo/
Re: Senators, Reps Lambast Obasanjo by ITbomb(m): 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2010
house glass in living are you if stones throw dont
Re: Senators, Reps Lambast Obasanjo by AceJam: 11:01am On Aug 07, 2010
Abeg, let them fight so that corruption and godfatherism bond can be broken. Then a saviour will rise to deal with them piece meal.

(1) (Reply)

Eldest Son Responsible For Murder Of Kano Sss Official, Mother And Sisters! / Can This Be The New Nigeria? / Acn In Disarray In Lagos,who Does The Godfather Appoint As Nxt Governor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.