Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,105 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console (4329 Views)

Nintendo Switch Oled Or Gaming Pc / Laptop, Desktop PC Or Console Gaming For Commercial Purpose / If You're A PC Or PS4 Gamer I Recommend You To Play Brawlhalla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by crafteck(m): 12:25am On Dec 27, 2018
GameGod:

Isn't so much?? O'boy you can lie oo shocked even 8fps difference is noticeable

I hear you boss, these customers love nagging but they haven't complained about a difference btw p4 slim gta and gta on 1070..

1 Like

Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by crafteck(m): 12:28am On Dec 27, 2018
GameGod:
[/b]
Dude are you sure you know what you are saying? shocked

Gtx1050 will perform 20% more than ps4 talkless of 1060

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-YLM_q9kiU

I've played on 960,1060,1070,p3,p4,p4 pro... Yes I know what I'm saying. I beleive in practical not paid reviews
Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by GameGod(m): 12:40am On Dec 27, 2018
crafteck:

I've played on 960,1060,1070,p3,p4,p4 pro... Yes I know what I'm saying. I beleive in practical not paid reviews
Oops ok, it's your personal experience and i respect that, but here is a correction: PS4 is in line with an HD 7870 or GTX 660/750Ti. smiley
Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by crafteck(m): 5:52am On Dec 27, 2018
GameGod:

Oops ok, it's your personal experience and i respect that, but here is a correction: PS4 is in line with an HD 7870 or GTX 660/750Ti. smiley

As I said, it's about personal preference, i tried playing arkham night on medium settings on 960..horrible exp, don't forget most games are also built and tweaked for consoles in the first place, i have Fifa 19 for pc, im yet to sit down and spend like 2 hours to play with the settings in order to heal the blurry effect on my 1070,fifa 18 took days, you know no such thing with consoles right, no need of starting with keyboard then switching to pads which spoils it for couch gamers.

As I always say at the beginning of these arguments, it's PERSONAL PREFERENCE... I also feel fifa on p4 slim is equal to fifa set to high (not ultra) on 1070.
Also guys pls dont judge from reviews... We all know as e de go, if you are a graphics card maker u know sey u must pay reviewers to dance to ur tune..
Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by Lana1(m): 12:11pm On Dec 27, 2018
Lmao. This bros is really comparing a PS4 to the output of 1070.

As if Fifa is the most reliable game for running benchmarks. Even a 1050 blows Fifa right out of the water.
Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by GameGod(m): 2:35pm On Dec 27, 2018
crafteck:

As I said, it's about personal preference, i tried playing arkham night on medium settings on 960..horrible exp, don't forget most games are also built and tweaked for consoles in the first place, i have Fifa 19 for pc, im yet to sit down and spend like 2 hours to play with the settings in order to heal the blurry effect on my 1070,fifa 18 took days, you know no such thing with consoles right, no need of starting with keyboard then switching to pads which spoils it for couch gamers.

As I always say at the beginning of these arguments, it's PERSONAL PREFERENCE... I also feel fifa on p4 slim is equal to fifa set to high (not ultra) on 1070.
Also guys pls dont judge from reviews... We all know as e de go, if you are a graphics card maker u know sey u must pay reviewers to dance to ur tune..
Lol cool bross as long as it's your personal preference, just don't say this somewhere else lmao.
Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by crafteck(m): 10:50am On Dec 29, 2018
GameGod:

Lol cool bross as long as it's your personal preference, just don't say this somewhere else lmao.

I hear u boss
Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by bakir: 11:16am On Dec 29, 2018
1050 shouldn't be compared to PS4. A game been locked to 30fps is much more smoother than fluctuating higher fluctuating lower. If PS4 isn't locked there is tendency it would always performed better than what we are seeing from it fps output. In that comparison PC is sharper with better colors but choppy.

GameGod:
[/b]
Dude are you sure you know what you are saying? shocked

Gtx1050 will out perform ps4 talkless of 1060

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-YLM_q9kiU
Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by bakir: 11:21am On Dec 29, 2018
This kind of comparison shouldn't always come up. PS4 is good it does is job right as well. It all comes down to personal preference. I have both PC with RX580 and PlayStation 4 slim, I know what the PC is capable of yet PlayStation 4 has better exclusives that PC gamers will only dream of but won't ever get
Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by GameGod(m): 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2018
bakir:
1050 shouldn't be compared to PS4. A game been locked to 30fps is much more smoother than fluctuating higher fluctuating lower. If PS4 isn't locked there is tendency it would always performed better than what we are seeing from it fps output. In that comparison PC is sharper with better colors but choppy.

Says who? Frame rates drops below 30 fps from time to time on PS4. Those drops are not severe, so it's tolerable and It really varies from game to game. If the game is really graphically intensive, it’s usually locked to 30fps (GTA V, Just Cause 3 etc). The average
framerate of PS4 is around 30 fps, since most games tend to have more stable performances at 30 fps.

Even with 900p resolutions it's average fps is still 30. GTX 1050 can play most AAA games at the average of 32fps on ultra(fxaa) at 1080p resolution, and 40fps at 900p resolutions. PS4 apu is in line with an GTX 660/750Ti and should not be compared to GTX 1050 whatsoever.

2 Likes

Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by LucemFerre: 5:03pm On Dec 29, 2018
The God has spoken cool
Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by AKBliv010(m): 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
If you are not pairing AMD card with a Freesync Monitor or Nvidia to a GSync monitor you will not benefit from butter smooth, tear-free gaming. PC gaming is inherently prone to stutters and screen tearing because there are too many configs out there. This is where consoles shine, devs can rollout software knowing it will perform identically on all units.

2 Likes

Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by shogsman(m): 7:47pm On Jan 24, 2019
It's simple,one is a console and the other is a personal computer, I'll opt for the ps4 anytime.
Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by Whizzahd(m): 7:13am On Jan 26, 2019
I dunno why people that are on a budget buy gaming desktops. For me, if you aren't rich, don't waste your money. The ideal thing should be console gaming. Then add a bit of money to get a low end budget gaming laptop that you can use for work and gaming. Investing in another pc (desktop especially) just for the purpose of gaming is a very dumb idea if you don't have all the money to spend.

Some people can never differentiate between 45 and 60fps. But they keep saying they can, because they heard some people can.

Console gaming is perfectly OK. If you say you can't play on consoles because they are 30fps locked, then you don't know what you want.

Buying a gaming pc when you're on the lower part of the budget spectrum is the dumbest idea ever
Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by LucemFerre: 9:10am On Jan 26, 2019
Whizzahd:
I dunno why people that are on a budget buy gaming desktops. For me, if you aren't rich, don't waste your money. The ideal thing should be console gaming. Then add a bit of money to get a low end budget gaming laptop that you can use for work and gaming. Investing in another pc (desktop especially) just for the purpose of gaming is a very dumb idea if you don't have all the money to spend.

Some people can never differentiate between 45 and 60fps. But they keep saying they can, because they heard some people can.

Console gaming is perfectly OK. If you say you can't play on consoles because they are 30fps locked, then you don't know what you want.

Buying a gaming pc when you're on the lower part of the budget spectrum is the dumbest idea ever

Do you even read what you write? You said buying a gaming PC is a dumb idea and you said the person should get a console plus a low budget gaming PC... You high or some sh!t? Adding that money alone would get you a very good rig. Buying a PC for the fps is soooo yesterday, people are more educated now.

One doesn't need to get a "gaming PC" a usual core i5 4th or 5th gen with a decent gpu say, gtx 750/ti will do to play new games in low-medium settings, even on high for few games. That's gonna take 150k more or less. Console is about that prize with the crazy expensive discs.
I'm not encouraging piracy but, with PC's you can buy a legit copy of the game you'd Play for the entire year and play cracked copy of the rest.

When noobs hear "gaming PC's" what comes to their minds is a core i7 8k and gtx 1080ti rig... Nahhh that's just an overkill. You don't need that

2 Likes

Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by skywalker240(m): 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2019
Go for the console. Its cheaper than both the gaming laptop and pc, updates are same, maybe the pc got more better fps, but have you played a ps4pro on a 4k sony tv?

if you can afford the pc, kumbaya

but the console is way cheaper, and like i said both cost almost same for game updates.
Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by skywalker240(m): 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2019
LucemFerre:

Do you even read what you write? You said buying a gaming PC is a dumb idea and you said the person should get a console plus a low budget gaming PC... You high or some sh!t? Adding that money alone would get you a very good rig. Buying a PC for the fps is soooo yesterday, people are more educated now.

One doesn't need to get a "gaming PC" a usual core i5 4th or 5th gen with a decent gpu say, gtx 750/ti will do to play new games in low-medium settings, even on high for few games. That's gonna take 150k more or less. Console is about that prize with the crazy expensive discs.
I'm not encouraging piracy but, with PC's you can buy a legit copy of the game you'd Play for the entire year and play cracked copy of the rest.

When noobs hear "gaming PC's" what comes to their minds is [b]a core i7 8k and gtx 1080ti rig... [/b]Nahhh that's just an overkill. You don't need that
now you talking.
Re: Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console by Whizzahd(m): 7:49pm On Jan 29, 2019
LucemFerre:

When noobs hear "gaming PC's" what comes to their minds is a core i7 8k and gtx 1080ti rig... Nahhh that's just an overkill. You don't need that

I bet you're the one who didn't read what I wrote. Don't talk like a fool. I specified desktops.

You really have no idea of what I'm saying. Your last line just made that clear. Clearly, you want me to feel you know so much and I'm so ignorant. Argue with your brain

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Games For Ps2 / How Can I Download FIFA To PC? / Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, Buy & Hacked / Installed Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.